Propofol

MJJFan105

Proud Member
What in the world was MJ doing with Propofol and why was Conrad Murray injecting him with that? Was MJ doing Propofol before Conrad Murray came into the scene? Have MJ went to a sleep clinic to find help in sleeping? There are better ways to help sleep with the millions of $ available to MJ beside propofol. With all the money he had, he could take a warm shower or bath at nighttime and hire a massage therapist every night to massage him to sleep. Or MJ could hire some hypnosis expert to hypnotise him to sleep. Anything is better than propofol.

I hate seing MJ get ruined and killed over a sleeping problem, which could be help by other means. What other ways can you think of to help MJ get a good night sleep beside drugs and propofol?

MJJFan105;4243876 said:
What in the world was MJ doing with Propofol and why was Conrad Murray injecting him with that?

Because it was the only drug that would allow him to sleep.

MJJFan105;4243876 said:
Was MJ doing Propofol before Conrad Murray came into the scene?

Yes.

MJJFan105;4243876 said:
Have MJ went to a sleep clinic to find help in sleeping?

No, never.

MJJFan105;4243876 said:
There are better ways to help sleep with the millions of $ available to MJ beside propofol. With all the money he had, he could take a warm shower or bath at nighttime and hire a massage therapist every night to massage him to sleep. Or MJ could hire some hypnosis expert to hypnotise him to sleep. Anything is better than propofol.

I hate seing MJ get ruined and killed over a sleeping problem, which could be help by other means. What other ways can you think of to help MJ get a good night sleep beside drugs and propofol?

His insomnia during his final years was practically incurable.

Such mild, conventional methods (like warm shower, or massaging) were pointless for him.

Also, the effects of hypnosis methods on helping one to relax & sleep remain questionable.

Certainly in MJ’s case, hypnosis could not help at all, too.

MJ could have tried hypnosis and warm shower and massage. How do you know MJ's insomnia is incurable? The doctors in interviews said propofol is NOT made to treat insomnia. ANYTHING is better than propofol and other psychotic drugs.

Maybe MJ could expose to sunlight for 1 hour a day or just sit under a big umbrella while his eyes absorb the sunlight. I read that help the sleep patterns.

Here are some links on getting better sleep without medications.
https://www.onemedical.com/blog/live-well/how-to-relieve-insomnia-without-medication-part-1/

Cognitive behavioral therapy
https://rightasrain.uwmedicine.org/body/rest/treat-insomnia-without-medication

MJ could have tried hypnosis and warm shower and massage. How do you know MJ's insomnia is incurable? The doctors in interviews said propofol is NOT made to treat insomnia. ANYTHING is better than propofol and other psychotic drugs.

Maybe MJ could expose to sunlight for 1 hour a day or just sit under a big umbrella while his eyes absorb the sunlight. I read that help the sleep patterns.

Here are some links on getting better sleep without medications.
https://www.onemedical.com/blog/live-well/how-to-relieve-insomnia-without-medication-part-1/

Cognitive behavioral therapy
https://rightasrain.uwmedicine.org/body/rest/treat-insomnia-without-medication

None of these methods would have helped him to sleep.

Not at all.

The doctors in interviews said propofol is NOT made to treat insomnia.

I know.

But it was the only way for him to get some hours of sleep.

ANYTHING is better than propofol and other psychotic drugs.

It was not about what being better or not for him.

It was about what being effective or not for him.

MJ could only sleep by means of a very powerful anesthetic called Propofol.

I will give you an example about that:

During his last night, he first took Valium tablets at around 01:30 am, yet he could not sleep.

He later was injected with anti-anxiety drugs, but still he could not sleep.

After that, he took sedatives, yet he could not sleep.

Finally, he resorted to Propofol, which its increased dosages at that particular time led to his death.

Yeah the fact that Michael took staggeringly large doses of benzodiazepines and still suffered from insomnia pretty much rules out meditation, hypnosis, and the like. Its also interesting to note that you say all the doctors said propofol is not indicated for insomnia; in the medical world its not uncommon to see certain medications used for off-label purposes, eg using certain antidepressants to treat anxiety or ADHD.

Additionally its worth remembering the testimony in the AEG suite of one of the doctors involved in the introduction of propofol to the American market, that there are is in fact literature coming out of China studying the use of propofol for insomnia, with what he characterized as promising results... now the length of time that Murray used propofol is really unconscionable in my opinion, the body absolutely requires the REM stage of sleep for proper function, and poor Michael almost certainly had no idea he wasn't receiving this vital necessity. I've had propofol numerous times and you really feel incredibly refreshed, happy, and optimistic after a treatment of it.

I sympathize with MJ on this issue a lot as a fellow insomniac myself who also has battles benzodiazepine and z-drugs addiction on and off for 3 years. In all honestly he should have never ever started injecting himself with any type of anaesthesia obviously as it would only prolong his sleeping issues more. He had terrible doctors and people around him. Benzodiazapines are one of the hardest drugs besides alcohol to withdraw from even worse than heroin. But it's possible by following a strict taper schedule and slowly wean off the drug. Ashtons manual has helped thousands ofbpeople to quit the drug, that along with sleeping therapy, meditation, strict diet, physical exercise and avoid any other type of sleep drugs execpt for maybe non addictive ones such as a remeron (mirtazapine) and OTC anthistamines like unisom and benadryl. If he would have followed this he could have been clean from xanax within 1-4 ears and be alive and healthy today. It's a disgrace how his doctor treated him.

As evan14 has mentioned propofol does give a sense of rest/refreshment/vitality after use. Propofol cannot be used indefinitely due to REM sleep not being achieved which is an absolute requirement for the body. A professor from Harvard Medical School that specializes in sleep disorders actually testified that lab rats had died after 5 weeks of continuous use of propofol in scientific studies and estimated the equivalent being 8 weeks for a human.

Conrad Murray is unethical. Michael trusted him with his life.

It is all so incredibly sad, isn't it?

It's obvious that Michael had issues with dependence on drugs, but there's something that makes me wonder how much medical testing was actually done on him. Remember the nurse Cherilyn Lee who took care of him at one point? She said once in an interview (I don't have the link at the moment, but it was when she talked to Greta van Susteren on the show On the Record) that he told her that melatonin didn't work for him, which is interesting since that's a hormone the human body produces. (Obviously people also can take melatonin supplements--I do myself--but it's also produced by the body itself.) That makes me wonder if he had some kind of issue with processing melatonin, and that might have messed up his sleep to begin with.

Back