Thread: The "Munich 1999" Accident!

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: The "Munich 1999" Accident!

Ok. I have no doubt that it was ´a serious mechanical failure´. Of course - very many people watched exactly that: this bridge broke down. And, ok, you read a notice about this mechanical failure in a newspaper, in some fanzines. I did not. Or maybe, I better should say?: I didn´t find any further informations about the accident - some backgrounds: how could such happen in a Michael-Jackson!-concert?, who was responsible?, were there any legal actions from MJs side? Especially because of Michaels very serious injury?
    ...Well, after loving me, she said she couldn´t love another...
    Michael Jackson, The Girl Is Mine

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheMoon View Post
    Ok. I have no doubt that it was ´a serious mechanical failure´. Of course - very many people watched exactly that: this bridge broke down. And, ok, you read a notice about this mechanical failure in a newspaper, in some fanzines. I did not. Or maybe, I better should say?: I didn´t find any further informations about the accident - some backgrounds: how could such happen in a Michael-Jackson!-concert?, who was responsible?, were there any legal actions from MJs side? Especially because of Michaels very serious injury?
    Such accidents can happen in a show - that is why a show is always insured by insurance companies.

Adrian Grant also brought up that technical problem (as the cause of that accident) in his ‘Michael Jackson: A Visual Documentary’ book where he chronicles important events concerning Michael Jackson’s life and career:

June 27, 1999: Due to a technical problem part of the set, the central section of ‘The Bridge Of No Return’ collapses, leaving Michael to climb back on to the stage…” (Adrian Grant)

Few hours after that accident, Dr. Steven Hoefflin arrived at the hotel and began to administer Propofol but also Demerol to Michael Jackson so as to ease his pains on his back.

Debbie Rowe was also there and she witnessed the whole process in the hotel room which in no time was transformed into an emergency centre.

The team of the concert producers (of that show) was responsible for that accident.

Michael Jackson received payment from the insurance company that paid him the agreed amount of money (according to the insurance policy that financially covered the show’s risks in case of a serious accident).

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

I attribute this incident, the Pepsi incident and the 2003 documentary to be the biggest factors that contributed to his untimely death.

We know that this incident kickstarted another drug addiction/dependency that lasted until the mid 2000s (Demerol?). He said it himself in an interview in 2007. The drugs he was on changed his appearance quite a bit during this time, I believe.

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks

@mj_frenzy. Thanks for your research.
    ...Well, after loving me, she said she couldn´t love another...
    Michael Jackson, The Girl Is Mine

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 295
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registeredOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dudex View Post
    when any person falling like that it causes spine compression. MJ already said before around 1996 that his back was hurting sometimes. So this event defenetly left a mark on MJ's health
    ouch.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 295
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registeredOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

I don't think Michael was using Propofol during the time. he was on pain meds for his head back to what happen in 1984.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,371 Times in 545 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Michaels Lover View Post
    I was at this concert, first row, it was scary. Was anyone else here there?
    yes me. first row.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,371 Times in 545 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mysterygirl7 View Post
    What does that mean? “At least I had an unclouded experience?”

Unclouded?

Anyway, I am admitting that I didn’t see it, because I want to try and help clear up what happened. Then it’s better to tell the truth, right?!?!

Even though it’s embarrassing to say, that I didn’t notice.

It would be cooler to make up a story, right? And say, “oh yeah I knew right away, that it wasn’t part of the show” blablabla

If I would have been at the very front, then perhaps I would have noticed. But I was not at the front. As I remember there was a bracelet system, if I remember correctly. IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY!!! I only had the second best bracelet, or something. (Can anyone else remember this?) The only positive thing to say about that is, that it was one of the few concerts, where I didn’t feel like a train had hit me afterwards.

I know there was articles written in the German newspapers about it. I wasn’t told untill the next day.
    i was front row, and it didnt realized it at that moment. i cant remember exactly. but i know that noone around me screamed or was surprised about that something was going wrong.