Thread: The "Munich 1999" Accident!

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredOverdrive

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: The "Munich 1999" Accident!

Oh yes, he looked great at the beginning of the trial. It was sort of a ritual back then for fans to ask at pacific morning time "is he there?! what's he's wearing?" on the forums (especially after the PJ incident, as the judge then threatened him with jail if he didn't arrive on time). The media even asked some fashion guru to review the clothes, they expected criticism of course, but the fashion expert was very enthusiastic about MJ's style and only had positive things to say. The dresses were very smart indeed, often referenced multinational holidays as well. Even haters admitted MJ "radiated". Unfortunately the trial consumed him in the end, inevitably.

Thanks for the clip. Apart from the inaccuracy and contradiction, what's the point of this kind of reporting at all?...
    I look to greet the stars
    But there's no stars to see

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ozemouze For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registeredOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,759 Times in 912 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ozemouze View Post
    Oh yes, he looked great at the beginning of the trial. It was sort of a ritual back then for fans to ask at pacific morning time "is he there?! what's he's wearing?" on the forums (especially after the PJ incident, as the judge then threatened him with jail if he didn't arrive on time). The media even asked some fashion guru to review the clothes, they expected criticism of course, but the fashion expert was very enthusiastic about MJ's style and only had positive things to say. The dresses were very smart indeed, often referenced multinational holidays as well. Even haters admitted MJ "radiated". Unfortunately the trial consumed him in the end, inevitably.
    The offtopic crew is at it again.

I’d love to learn more about this, especially the bit with the holiday references. Do we have a thread somewhere on this topic? I searched, but didn’t really find anything.

I must say, browsing the photos on Getty, he looked absolutely terrific in many pictures. Considering that many photographers were probably out to get the most terrible shots to sell to the tabloids, that’s quite an achievement. And then to think he had all that stuff on his mind for over a year before the trial actually began – I think I would have crumbled under the mental pressure long before Day 1.

Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredOverdrive

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    The offtopic crew is at it again.

I’s love to learn more about this, especially the bit with the holiday references. Do we have a thread somewhere on this topic? I searched, but didn’t really find anything.

I must say, browsing the photos on Getty, he looked absolutely terrific in many pictures. Considering that many photographers were probably out to get the most terrible shots to sell to the tabloids, that’s quite an achievement. And then to think he had all that stuff on his mind for over a year before the trial actually began – I think I would have crumbled under the mental pressure long before Day 1.

Unfortunately I didn't find more information either , these things were commented back then when the photos arrived, but it looks like they weren't collected. St. Patrick's Day's dress might be quite obvious, but I think the colors of the vest in your previous photo references Central/South American culture.

Yeah, the mental pressure thing... I always get furious when MJ is labeled "weak", he must have been one of the strongest person...

@ at the offtopic crew. Sorry!!!
    I look to greet the stars
    But there's no stars to see

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ozemouze For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registeredOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,759 Times in 912 Posts

Unfortunately I didn't find more information either , these things were commented back then when the photos arrived, but it looks like they weren't collected. St. Patrick's Day's dress might be quite obvious, but I think the colors of the vest in your previous photo references Central/South American culture.
    Thanks for the hints. I’ll keep looking, maybe there’s an old blog or something.

Yeah, the mental pressure thing... I always get furious when MJ is labeled "weak", he must have been one of the strongest person...
    … which is obvious when he continues to perform after the accident in Munich.

Thanks for this opportunity to segue smoothly back into our topic.
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

Level
    Thanks

wow forgot about this for the longest time... Michael really didn't have the best of luck on stage. He had the pepsi incident also. Poor guy really took a battering entertaining us

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Krishendo For This Useful Post: