Grace Rwaramba Defends Michael Jackson Against Sex Abuse Allegations in HBO's 'Leaving Neverland

CherubimII

Proud Member
https://abcnews.go.com/US/michael-jacksons-nanny-defends-sex-abuse-allegations-hbos/story?id=61531201

One of Michael Jackson’s longest-serving employees
(Grace Rwaramba)has come forward to defend the late pop star, saying that in all the years she worked for Jackson she never witnessed, suspected or learned of any sexual abuse of children by the pop star.

In a lengthy statement released to ABC News, Grace Rwaramba – the former nanny to Jackson’s children, Prince Michael I, Paris and Prince Michael II (known as ‘Blanket’), who worked for Jackson for 17 years – described her former boss as hopelessly naïve to manipulation and incapable of hurting children.
“If Michael harmed Wade Robson and James Safechuck, they have my deepest sympathy and compassion,” Rwaramba said in the statement, referring to the two men featured in the documentary. “I don’t claim to know what happened between Michael and his accusers. I wasn’t there.”

“However, because Michael is no longer here to defend himself, and because I have a unique view of him and the life he lived, I feel compelled to speak out against what I firmly believe to be false claims. The person that Wade and James describe is not the person that I knew.”

“He was trusting to the point of extreme naivete; always assuming the best intentions in everyone,” Rwaramba said of Jackson in the statement. “While he was far from perfect, in my over twelve years of living with Michael, knowing him and his lifestyle intimately, I never saw or experienced anything that led me to suspect that he was capable of child sexual abuse.”

Rwaramba contended in her statement that there was an "army" of people working at Jackson’s California ranch whenever the iconic artist was there, and that it would have been extremely difficult for the star to molest visiting children.

“I was at Neverland when many of the family friends would come and go," Rwaramba said in the statement. "At any given time, anywhere between 60 to 100 employees worked in security, maintenance, housekeeping, grounds, the kitchen, and many other roles. Maintaining the ranch in such immaculate shape took an entire army of workers that were always around.”

“I know Wade Robson and his family well,” Rwaramba said in the statement. “I first met Joy Robson back in the early 90s, when I was at MJJ Productions. In late 1994, I attended the release party of Wade’s first album in California. I distinctly recall Joy running that event as though her life depended on it. After that release party, I didn’t see the Robsons again until early 1997, when Wade joined several other families at Neverland after Prince was born.”

“Over the years, I got to know the Robsons well as they visited the ranch on many different occasions,” Rwaramba continued in the statement. “Neverland was an enchanting place where the butlers, cooks, maids, zookeepers, gardeners and other staff made every guest feel like royalty, and everyone person who was fortunate to visit loved it!”
“The one thing that was consistent about the Robsons over the years was Joy's steely resolve to turn Wade into a star,” Rwaramba said in the statement. “When all the other kids, often including Michael, were off having water balloon fights or watching a movie in the theater, Joy would be drilling Wade on a dance move and every so often wave Michael over for some tips.”

“On one such occasion, Michael sat next to me as I was watching Prince and we watched Wade practice under Joy’s focused inspection. He said to me, “she reminds me of Joseph,” referring to his father’s obsession with perfection. Unbeknownst to Joy, that was her nickname. Michael had a nickname for everyone. This was the only time I ever heard him compare anyone to his father. Also, despite his complicated past with Joseph, he meant this observation as a compliment.”Rwaramba also claimed that Robson sought permission to hold his wedding at Neverland -– in the middle of Jackson’s 2005 criminal trial, for which he was acquitted of all charges.

“The Robsons’ ambition and self-interest knew no bounds,” Rwaramba wrote in her statement. “Several months before Michael was acquitted on all charges on June 13, 2005, he came home from court and informed me that I should expect a call from Wade. When Wade called the ranch, security patched the call through to Paris’s room where Michael and I spent most of our time preparing for the next day.

"I put him on speaker phone," Rwaramaba continued. "He informed me that Michael had advised him to contact me about whether he and his finance, Amanda, could have their wedding at Neverland in the fall. I was utterly shocked by how insensitive the request was; Michael was sitting next to me.

"’You know Grace, Neverland is so special to my family and me,’ Wade continued,” according to Rwaramba’s statement. “’Michael has been like a father to me, and it would mean the world to us if Amanda and I could get married at Neverland.’ I told Wade, this is not a good time, reminding him that Michael was in the middle of the fight for his life.”

“A few days later, I was in Santa Barbara running errands when Joy called with the same request. I had previously helped Wade gain permission to film a music video at Neverland, which was a big favor considering the strict no cameras policy. I remember responding with a stern ‘do you seriously expect me to ask Michael, right now -- during the trial -- if you can use the ranch for Wade’s wedding?’

"After a moment of awkward tension, she conceded and dropped off the phone," Rwaramaba wrote in the statement. "Why would someone who alleges to have been assaulted for over seven years want to have one of the most sacred events in his life on the same property where the attacks allegedly took place?’”

“What I can't understand is why Wade would continue to voluntarily and consistently return, and bring friends and loved ones, to a place that is the site of the alleged attacks well into his adult life?” Rwaramba said in the statement.
Rwaramba, a Rwandan national, began working as a personnel director and assistant to Jackson in 1992, and became a nanny to his children beginning in 1997, when Jackson’s first child, Prince, was born.

“For twelve years, from 1997 to 2009, I was part of Michael’s family … I spent more time with Michael in the last twelve years of his life than anyone except his children.”

<figure class="e_image e_full" id="e_image_61478779" style="box-sizing: border-box; line-height: 0; margin: 0px; position: relative; clear: both; overflow: hidden; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 16px;"></figure>

<figure class="e_image e_full" id="e_image_61537100" style="box-sizing: border-box; line-height: 0; margin: 0px; position: relative; clear: both; overflow: hidden; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Proxima-Nova, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"></figure>

Yes Grace! Thank you

Why would Wade want to have such a special occasion like his wedding at "Neverland"? A place where he claimed he was a victim of all these heinous sexual acts committed by Michael?

Oh let me guess, this is totally normal, right? All victims behave like this. Give me a break.

He and his family are such liars. Their story just continues to fall apart.

Thank you Grace very much. We need more people like her to speak out. But for me she is enough.

Amazing!

I've been so back and forth about when I feel a rebuttal doc should come out. But whenever it does drop, THESE little known stories are what NEED to be trotted out. A wedding during the trial?! Like WTF!

Very few outside the fan community know Grace and she won't be perceived as standing to gain anything. She has a very unique perspective, as evidenced by her statement.

I really and sincerely hope the Estate are collecting detailed accounts like this to deploy when best beneficial. Not convinced that time is now-now as it'd just be attached to the promotion of LN (which is still to come on in international markets), but this will be valuable whenever they are ready.

It's so nice to hear the truth for a change,no crap,just straight forward honesty.

Thanks a million Grace for your kind words in these difficult times.

Credit to Miss Rwaramba she makes a really good point no one has raised. I'd like to thank her and everyone else coming to Michael's defence

And tv picks up.... nothing from this! And there is "no agenda".. ok

And tv picks up.... nothing from this! And there is "no agenda".. ok

Right! The positive stories hardly get any mention while the negative ones get all the press.

The media absolutely has an agenda.

Always have and always will when it comes to Michael.

Back