Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546

Thread: MJ Good News Thread

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,580 Times in 1,226 Posts

Default Re: MJ Good News Thread

okay. but that article was rereview that's why i post it. so rereviews articles not allow?

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: MJ Good News Thread

WOGL is a commercial radio station licensed to serve Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

98.1 WOGL is celebrating the best hits from the King of Pop all Saturday and Sunday! February 20th-21th

https://www.radio.com/wogl/listen

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 993
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,190 Times in 573 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    okay. but that article was rereview that's why i post it. so rereviews articles not allow?
    It was just a repost of a review from years ago. An old fan review like that would go in the misc MJ thread.

Help Staff help you:
    Read the Rules. Respect others. Report offences.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    It was just a repost of a review from years ago. An old fan review like that would go in the misc MJ thread.
    okay.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default The Way You Make Me Feel platinum record in England...

The British Phonographic Industry, better known by its initials BPI, has just updated its certifications including the title The Way You Make Me Feel now certified Platinum Disc with the sale of 600,000 units.

Note for BPI certifications that since 2014 (Singles) and 2015 (Albums), the sales count has reflected consumption via audio streaming and in April 2018, certifications were renamed the BPI Awards at the BRIT Certified Awards, with eligibility for video streams added shortly thereafter.

When a single or album has reached the appropriate sales level as measured by Official Charts, the tracks are now "automatically certified" by the BPI. Streams are now counting towards album and single certifications and are measured according to the eligibility rules of the charts established by Official Charts.

https://mjbeats.com.br/the-way-you-m...o-53aa8145aeb5

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default 'Detective Chinatown 3' director digs Michael Jackson song

"Detective Chinatown 3" director Chen Sicheng has revealed that he paid a hefty licensing fee for an iconic Michael Jackson song to put at end of the film. The movie had made a staggering $575 million by Thursday at China's box offices.

The song Chen paid for was "Heal the World," from Jackson's 1991 "Dangerous" album, one of the best-selling albums of all time having sold more than 32 million copies worldwide. The humanitarian song has been popular among Chinese listeners for years due to its beautiful melody and connotations.

Chen wanted a song to deliver a message of world harmony during the ending scene when he was writing the screenplay, and someone suggested "Heal the World." He listened to it repeatedly during the creative process and felt strongly that the song was the right choice.

"We felt really good about the song, but we thought it would be difficult to get the license. I never dreamed of really getting this song, and Michael Jackson's estate is very strict about using his music," he said to film critic Tan Fei in an interview published on Thursday.

Through Sony/ATV Music Publishing (Beijing) and Sony Music Entertainment China, Chen sent over his full screenplay to the Jackson estate for them to determine whether the film was appropriate for the song. "At last, they decided 'Detective Chinatown 3' could use the song, and came back to offer the song for a $1 million licensing fee."

Chen hesitated. "This was a very high price. In China, $1 million can make a small-budget commercial film. Therefore, we tried other different songs to fill that part of the film, but they never worked. The emotional vibe of 'Heal the World' perfectly fit the film."

Finally, Chen decided to pay for the song. "There was no other suitable replacement. This was it. I think the era of Michael Jackson was a special historical period. You could really feel something like a global community coming together during that time. It felt like a time when humans could unite in an unprecedented way. But in recent years, music has divided, interests have divided, and people are pursuing individualization and entertainment in the internet era. There are fewer and fewer great songs to reflect the entire human race."

The end scenes of "Detective Chinatown 3" shows Chinese, Japanese and Thai detectives enjoying fireworks on a Tokyo bridge after working together to solve a case. Under the fireworks, the director shot many people of different races and nationalities who were present, laughing and enjoying the fireworks, celebrating peace and love.

"These people in film were not our actors, but real tourists from all over the world. They came together in harmony, like a big global family," Chen revealed. Chinese audiences have applauded Chen for this part of the film which has been said to elevate the spiritual level of the film.

"Detective Chinatown 3" was originally set for release during last year's Spring Festival, but due to the sudden COVID-19 outbreak, theaters were shut down for months, and Chen had to delay the film to this year.

"At that time when the film was made, I never imagined there would be the coronavirus. So, when I look back in hindsight, the song has a different meaning now," he added. "No other songs could replace this song and its meaning. Although Michael is not here anymore, he will always be a great artist. I felt honored to have my film interact with his song like this."

"Heal the World" is not the only classic song in Chen's soundtrack. "Mama Do You Remember" (a.k.a. "Straw Hat") by Joe Yamanaka, originally from Japanese film "Proof of The Man," Teresa Teng's "Don't Pick the Roadside Flowers," Johnny Yip's "The Great Wall Never Falls Down" and Andy Lau's "Kung Hei Fat Choy" also feature in the movie. Besides the hilarious detective story, Chen added a lot of nostalgic elements to the film, including the casting of veteran Japanese actor Tomokazu Miura ("Akai Giwaku") and actress Honami Suzuki ("Tokyo Love Story").

"Detective Chinatown 3" launched as the most-anticipated Chinese New Year release. The film made 1 billion yuan in presales alone and within three days after its debut, had grossed nearly 2.6 billion yuan, the equivalent of $398 million -- not only making it the biggest opener in Chinese film history but also the biggest ever single opening weekend for a film in a single market, overtaking "Avengers: Endgame" total of $357 million in the North American market in April 2019.

But the director remains worried about the Chinese cultural industry. "We have been a big cultural country since ancient times. Nowadays, we have internet giants like Tencent and Alibaba Group, high-tech enterprises like Huawei, and many other Chinese companies in the world's top 500 companies. But we are too far behind in the cultural sector. Disney has a market cap of hundreds of billions of dollars, but the market value of all our film companies in China is less than 6% of Disney."

He continued, "What kind of story should we tell Chinese audiences? How can we enrich China's film industrialization? How can we create our stories well enough so that more foreign audiences can accept them too? I think our generation bears a big responsibility, and if we do not advance, we will be left behind."

http://www.china.org.cn/arts/2021-02...t_77228346.htm

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Hastings athletes get round world - inspired by Michael Jackson

HY Runners have been keeping busy in lockdown by trying to cover the distance it would take to get around the Equator.

The challenge has been named #Hyrunstheworld and the distance target is 24,910 miles, the idea being that all runners tally up their miles in a bid to raise £10,000 for St Michael’s Hospice. They've not completed the mileage - but the fundraising target was passed two days ago (Thursday).

In the style of Phileas Fogg, the club initially aimed to complete the huge running task in 80 days, but they have had so much participation from members that they look likely to complete the mission in half the time.

They have now raised £10k for the hospice and in an attempt to push the figure higher, four members have produced and recorded a song.

Kit and Jessica Willard, Riz Mazlen and Jemma May O’Gorman have rewritten Michael Jackson’s Heal The World and renamed it as Run The World.

The girls had great fun making the record while Darren Ribs Rogers uploaded images of the runners pounding the streets.

The club has been overwhelmed with the support they’ve had from the public and have thanked sponsors Kileys Carpets, Hastings Direct, The Pier, PCM Estate agents and Dr Hannah Hughes.

The challenge should be completed any day now and competition prize winner Laura Dearsley will run the last mile to complete the challenge along with St Michael’s Hospice chief fundraiser Rebecca Futrall.

Rebecca has told how fundraising has been hit over the past year by Covid and the lockdown meaning major fundraising events such as the Hastings Half Marathon have been cancelled.

Rebecca said everyone involved at the hospice was overwhelmed at the efforts shown by HY Runners and said the money raised would go a long way to helping.

Club head coach Terry Skelton said: “Making the record has been a great bit of fun for the girls and their voices and timings are fantastic – we knew they were good but never dreamed the record could have come out so well.”

HY have been boosted by the participation of gold medal-winning Paralympian David Weir while Hastings MP Sally-Ann Hart joined the challenge by donning the famous red jersey and contributing some good miles.

Stewart Ide from the club said: “It has been great to have Sally on board.

https://justgiving.com/crowdfunding/hy-runtheworld

https://www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/s...ackson-3139206

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Does Eddie Murphy have any unreleased songs with Michael?

In an interview with The New York Times on the occasion of the release of the sequel to the film A Prince in New York, which is scheduled to be released on March 5 on Amazon Prime Video,

HALL I’m here ’cause I’m broke — he’s here ’cause he’s good. [Laughter]

MURPHY I don’t see myself as a movie star or a comedian or any of those things. I see myself as an artist. And I feel like there’s a bunch of different ways I can express myself.

HALL You can pop by Eddie’s, and he’ll play a song for you. And you can’t even believe, wait, that’s you on guitar? That’s you singing? You wrote and produced this track? And that’s what he does for fun. For him it’s like crocheting a hat.

MURPHY I have so many tracks and collaborations with people — Michael [Jackson], El DeBarge — all these people I’ve been in the studio with over the years and never finished it or never released it.

HALL He does so many things. He does them as well as anybody else. He’s a beast. It’s hard to deal with.

A phrase that leaves fans of the King of Pop dreaming about a possible unreleased title with Eddie Murphy.

For novices, on Eddie Murphy's 1992 album "Love's Alright", Michael Jackson sang the chorus on the song "Yeah" with several artists and did a duet on "Whatzupwitu" which was released as a single and was the subject of a music video.

1992 also corresponds to the release of Michael Jackson's Music Video Remember The Time in which Eddie Murphy plays the Pharaoh.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/24/m...2-america.html

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Michael Jackson's Worn Fedora - Budapest 1996

The Prize
    Take home this black fedora worn by late American legend Michael Jackson for a concert in Budapest, the second stop on his 1996 HIStory World Tour.

On September 10, 1996 the Budapest Népstadion hosted 50,000 people to celebrate the King of Pop. The HIStory World Tour was the singer-songwriter's third and final solo world tour, spanning 1996 and 1997, to promote his ninth studio album 'HIStory: Past, Present and Future - Book I' and, on the second leg, his remix album 'Blood on the Dance Floor: HIStory in the Mix'.

The tour kicked off on September 7, 1996 at Letná Park in Prague, Czech Republic, and drew to a close in Durban, South Africa, on October 15, 1997. In total Jackson performed 82 concerts in 35 countries across Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania and North America. The HIStory World Tour racked up over 4.5 million admissions and grossed over $ 165 million, becoming the most successful tour of Jackson's career and the most successful in music history at that time.

Michael Jackson threw this very Fedora into the crowd after performing the song 'Billie Jean'.

The hat has been personalized on the inside with the name 'Michael Jackson' in gold writing. The number '8' has also been drawn on the inside of the hat.

Size Medium
    100% Wool
    Made in USA
    WPL 5923

This item come with a Certificate of Authenticity supplied by Knaisz Auctions and a letter of origin.

The Cause
    The percentage of the proceeds devolved to charity from the sale of this lot will be equally divided among the 20 charities who have subscribed to the CharityStars NPO Premium program.

These charities are:
    - Associazione Amici di Sean
    - Associazione Bambin Gesù
    - Associazione Bianca Garavaglia
    - Associazione LaSpes
    - Associazione Stelle nello Sport
    - Associazione White Mathilda
    - DBA Onlus
    - Fondazione Cannavaro Ferrara
    - Fondazione IEO-CCM
    - Fondazione Magnoni
    - Associazione Arenbi Onlus
    - Fondazione Operation Smile Onlus
    - Fondazione Theodora Onlus
    - Fondazione Umberto Veronesi
    - Global Humanitarian Italia Onlus
    - History Life Onlus
    - In Campo con il Cuore
    - Insieme per Fily Onlus
    - Insuperabili Onlus
    - Sermig

https://www.charitystars.com/product...-budapest-1996