Do you listen to the posthumous albums?

Scream

Proud Member
Michael and Xscape?
I've never listened to either of them. I liked Love Never Felt So Good when I heard it on the radio, but I always think If Michael wanted this stuff out, he would've released it when he was alive. I get why some people like getting new stuff, but the snippets I've heard from both albums have been subpar with horrible modern production.

What says you?

Of course! Xscape original versions of songs are glimpses at genius at work! Michael is strong album too (except 3 fakes).

I do, it's tough because I feel like they did a better job with the none Cascio tracks than the stuff on Xscape. The ones on Michael sound closer to what he would go made. I listen to the original versions on Xscape more than anything else.

Michael and Xscape?
I've never listened to either of them. I liked Love Never Felt So Good when I heard it on the radio, but I always think If Michael wanted this stuff out, he would've released it when he was alive. I get why some people like getting new stuff, but the snippets I've heard from both albums have been subpar with horrible modern production.

What says you?

I feel exactly the same way

Yes. I love "Xscape".

Not a huge fan of "Michael" but I do enjoy "Hollywood Tonight" and "Behind The Mask" from that album.

Yes, I do... both great albums... just a shame about the 3 fake songs on Michael.

I rate Xscape as high as some of MJ's normal albums. Even the remixed version lol!

A Place Without No Name - in XScape is genius. I love it. There are some real treasures on that album.

Sure, I love Xscape! As a matter of fact, I mostly listen to that these days :)

Yes I do. Maybe not as much as I listen to HIStory these days - but especially Xscape demos are great IMO.

And Love Never Felt So Good is always uplifting.

I do listen to songs like Best of Joy & Slave to the Rhythm quite frequently. The others, not so much.

Yes, I do often listen to this albums. Mostly to Xscape. I love "Place with no name"!

I only listen to the original demo versions of the songs (sometimes to the Remixes) from the two postumos album on YouTube from Sven Nelsons Channel.
I don't have the albums at home cause I don't want to support Sony.
What they did with this albums was not right for me.

Last edited:
i listen to them regularly (except the fake songs), just like his studio albums before.

i do like most of the xscape remakes/remixes.

my absolute favorite songs:
Hollywood Tonight
A Place With No Name (remix & original)
Xscape (remix & original)

i do prefer the Blue Gangster remix over the original, by far.

Slave to the rhythm had an outstanding vocal performance, it's a must hearing it.unfortunately the production of the remix + demo wasn't on that high level compared to the vocals.

Behind The Mask the mask if released back in the day would have been a mega hit

I still can not believe they did not release Behind the Mask as a single - maybe a version without the live noise and the screaming -

AND ESPECIALLLY... - Why on earth wasn't the great musicvideo made for Behind the Mask released instead of the stupid and cringeworthy video that was released...

I tend to listen to unreleased songs and demos instead of the albums to be honest. Price Of Fame, A Place With No Name and Xscape are my favourites

Scream;4248562 said:
Michael and Xscape?

What says you?

That is not entirely true.

For example, MJ wanted to include ‘Behind The Mask’ on his ‘Thriller’ album, but legal issues (concerning the song’s co-credits) did not let that happen eventually.

Or, take the ‘Xscape’ song which MJ was about to release it officially (in the post-'Invincible’ era), but its on line leak later ruined those plans.

So, some of the songs that were included on these two posthumous albums (with a slightly different, modern production), in essence they were songs that MJ himself wanted to release them officially when he was still alive.

behind the mask was ruined with all the Bucharest screaming - would be a great song without it

I really like the majority of both albums. I actually prefer most of the new versions on Xscape as they just sound more polished and finished rather than demos. Always prefer the original version of Xscape though.

Michael was a great album to me too, Hold my hand, Hollywood Tonight, Another Day, Best of Joy, Behind the Mask being particular highlights.

As an aside, was it every proven or officially acknowledged that the supposed fake songs really were fake or is it just widely believed and accepted in the fan community.

I still can not believe they did not release Behind the Mask as a single - maybe a version without the live noise and the screaming -

AND ESPECIALLLY... - Why on earth wasn't the great musicvideo made for Behind the Mask released instead of the stupid and cringeworthy video that was released...

I think Behind the Mask was released as a single in some countries, but not all. I like each of the BTM videos for different reasons.

As an aside, was it every proven or officially acknowledged that the supposed fake songs really were fake or is it just widely believed and accepted in the fan community.

Widely believed in the fan community...not proven or admitted to, as yet. There is a class action court case going on at the moment, which feels as though it will never actually end.

I really like the majority of both albums. I actually prefer most of the new versions on Xscape as they just sound more polished and finished rather than demos. Always prefer the original version of Xscape though.

Michael was a great album to me too, Hold my hand, Hollywood Tonight, Another Day, Best of Joy, Behind the Mask being particular highlights.

I agree with you. I have found much to like on both albums. "Hold My Hand" is truly sublime. I feel so sad that the release of it in Michael's lifetime was ruined by the leak. With some tracks on Xscape, I like both versions; with others I prefer the original and with some I prefer the new version. Mostly, I just let it play right through, without skipping anything. LNFSG, Chicago, STTR and Xscape are my favourites, but I very much dislike "Do You Know Where Your Children Are" - I wish that one had stayed in the vault. I really appreciate some of the new songs that were released on BAD 25, too, such as "Don't Be Messin Round", "Abortion Papers"; "Streetwalker" and "Fly Away". These are all amazing songs, IMO. I'd also like to give an honorable mention to the BOTDF/Dangerous mash-up on the Scream compilation album (I usually don't like remixes and/or mash-ups at all, but THIS one is superb). Great to finally have "Somebody's Watching Me" at my fingertips, as well.

Mikky Dee;4249139 said:
I agree with you. I have found much to like on both albums. "Hold My Hand" is truly sublime. I feel so sad that the release of it in Michael's lifetime was ruined by the leak. With some tracks on Xscape, I like both versions; with others I prefer the original and with some I prefer the new version. Mostly, I just let it play right through, without skipping anything. LNFSG, Chicago, STTR and Xscape are my favourites, but I very much dislike "Do You Know Where Your Children Are" - I wish that one had stayed in the vault. I really appreciate some of the new songs that were released on BAD 25, too, such as "Don't Be Messin Round", "Abortion Papers"; "Streetwalker" and "Fly Away". These are all amazing songs, IMO. I'd also like to give an honorable mention to the BOTDF/Dangerous mash-up on the Scream compilation album (I usually don't like remixes and/or mash-ups at all, but THIS one is superb). Great to finally have "Somebody's Watching Me" at my fingertips, as well.

I agree with everything you’ve said except for Do you know where your children are. I love that song, but with everything going on now I have seen some tabloids bringing it up as a ‘disturbing’ song.

I felt the same way about Somebody’s Watching Me. I felt like a lot of fans over looked that it was the first time this song appeared on an MJ album so the release of that album was worth it for that alone for me.

I also really love some of the mixes on the immortal album. The is it scary/threatened mash up is insane.

The controversy around the Cascio songs really turned me off the Michael album, so I never bought it. I will admit there are some good songs on that album, though.

I did buy the deluxe edition of Xscape and I definitely prefer that one out of the two.

I listen to some songs on the Michael album but very few on the Xscape.....and only the demos.
Shame that Loving You sounds so weird....sounds like tape damage to me :/
Its a shame but after the LN documentary I dont think we will see any new album or song release from Sony in a LONG time :(

I still listen to both "Michael" and "Xscape." Especially now the title track with everything going on, we could all use some of that

Back