Did Michael suffer from PTSD?

Thriller_MJ

Proud Member
This is something I have always wondered about Michael. He said himself that he used to retreat into himself when things got too much with his father, or touring or whatever else was going on. Was there ever a diagnosis for PTSD that we are aware of?

Depends if there was a triggering event I guess??

Without a doubt he had anxiety, depression, body dysmorphia, an eating disorder and addiction at different points in his life. Michael paid a heavy price for his career, he got through it all though, truly inspiring!

none of us can actually diagnose him but who the hell wouldn't have PTSD in living his life?

I know it's just a movie, but the pool scene in Searching For Neverland seemed to point in the direction that he did suffer from some kind of post traumatic stress after the trial.

Stressful experiences, including the amount and severity of trauma you've gone through in your life
Inherited mental health risks, such as a family history of anxiety and depression
Inherited features of your personality — often called your temperament
The way your brain regulates the chemicals and hormones your body releases in response to stress

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...-stress-disorder/symptoms-causes/syc-20355967

Wade's Dad commited suicide, Wade would have this problem more than Michael Jackson. As far as I know, neither Joseph or Katherine Jackson had a family history of anxiety and depression. Jimmy sounds like he suffers from PTSD, since the Pepsi Company moved on and his acting Career never amounted too much. Remember guy's, Michael Jackson WAS not Jimmy or Wade's parent, they both had their OWN parent's.

AliCat;4249806 said:
Stressful experiences, including the amount and severity of trauma you've gone through in your life
Inherited mental health risks, such as a family history of anxiety and depression
Inherited features of your personality — often called your temperament
The way your brain regulates the chemicals and hormones your body releases in response to stress

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...-stress-disorder/symptoms-causes/syc-20355967

Wade's Dad commited suicide, Wade would have this problem more than Michael Jackson. As far as I know, neither Joseph or Katherine Jackson had a family history of anxiety and depression. Jimmy sounds like he suffers from PTSD, since the Pepsi Company moved on and his acting Career never amounted too much. Remember guy's, Michael Jackson WAS not Jimmy or Wade's parent, they both had their OWN parent's.

PTSD occurs after an extremely traumatic event. Usually involving death or the threat of death, major injury or abuse. Anyone can get it. Family history of mental illness just increases the risk. Maybe Safechuck got depressed, but not PTSD.

Back