Michael Jackson: On The Wall Exhibition GERMANY (22 March 2019)

wednesday

Proud Member
The Michael Jackson: On the Wall Exhibition starts in Germany today!
https://www.bundeskunsthalle.de/en/home.html

Because of the newest witch hunt the Bundeskunsthalle is on the defensive for going ahead with the exhibition. If you cannot visit the exhibition, which is fantastic, in person, please leave a positive and assuring comment on the links below:

https://magazin.bundeskunsthalle.de/2019/03/warum-zeigt-man-eine-ausstellung-ueber-michael-jackson/
and
https://magazin.bundeskunsthalle.de/2019/02/michael-jackson-musiker-ikone-kunstwerk/

I´m looking forward to the exhibition since it exists!:cool:

Today in our local newspaper was such a weak hint to the exhibition. I hoped they will refrain from any nonsense - but no, additionally the writer makes bias noises to LN. It´s sooo stupid. But nevertheless I´m angry about it. I have to write a letter to the editor.

<header class="entry-header">[h=1]Why are we presenting an exhibition about Michael Jackson?[/h][h=3]Rein Wolfs is answering key questions on the exhibition "Michael Jackson: On The Wall"[/h]</header>Despite renewed allegations of sexual abuse, the long-planned Michael Jackson exhibition in Bonn will go ahead as planned. The Bundeskunsthalle seeks to engage the public in a debate. Director Rein Wolfs is answering key questions.
Why is the Bundeskunsthalle presenting an exhibition about Michael Jackson?
Michael Jackson is a key figure in pop music of the last 50 years. There are very few musicians who have attained a similarly iconic status. His enormous influence also made itself felt in the visual arts, and we want to show the enormous reach of his cultural impact. Michael Jackson: On the Wall is an art exhibition. It does not seek to shed light on Michael Jackson&#8217;s biography, nor does it deal with his work. Instead, it probes the impact of the &#8216;Michael Jackson phenomenon&#8217; on the visual arts.
Sexual abuse claims against Michael Jackson currently make the headlines. Why have you decided to go ahead with the exhibition despite these allegations?
The curatorial concept of the exhibition was first developed by the National Portrait Gallery in London more than three years ago. The release of the documentary Leaving Neverland, which is currently bringing the newly surfaced allegations to a worldwide audience, could not be foreseen at the time.
The allegations are shocking, and we do take them very seriously. They cast a different light on the artist whose persona is at the heart of the work shown in the exhibition. However, thus far the allegations remain unproven. The last time they were aired in court, Michael Jackson was exonerated. This is not to detract from the importance of the subject and its deep emotional impact. We are very aware of this and feel a responsibility not to shy away from it. On the contrary, as a public institution, we see it as our task to address it head-on and to create a platform for public debate.
&#8222;As a public institution, we see it as our task to address it head-on and to create a platform for public debate.&#8220;
First and foremost, however, Michael Jackson: On the Wall is an art exhibition, and we stand by its relevance as such. We dissociate ourselves from Michael Jackson as a person, but we do not wish to pretend that the works of art he inspired over the course of the last 35 years were never made or irrelevant. That would be the wrong decision.
Can the artist and his work be looked at separately? Michal Jackson, more than many other artists, is seen as a gesamtkunstwerk.
Throughout history, there are many artists with rather ambivalent biographies and a penchant for the gesamtkunstwerk. This does, of course, not constitute an explanation or an excuse. However, we do have to ask ourselves how we want to approach this problem. Do we want to erase these unsavoury aspects from history or do we want to talk about them? I believe we have to discuss them. I am, of course, aware that artist and work cannot be separated entirely, but the phenomenon has to be seen in a wider context. Thus, the exhibition Michael Jackson: On the Wall is an exhibition of works by artists who have responded to Michael Jackson in a wide range of ways.
Should our response to the works be affected by the new allegations?
When we think about Michael Jackson as a person, the wider context is almost inevitably there as well. This does, naturally, affect the interpretation of the works that engage with him. At the same time, there is a great deal of both irony and critique in the response of the visual artists to Michael Jackson.
The works by Paul McCarthy, for example, which we are showing in Bonn and which were not shown in London or Paris, reference a sculpture of Michael Jackson and his pet chimpanzee Bubbles by Jeff Koons, which was, in turn, based on a press photograph that went around the world. Jeff Koons&#8217;s work already picked up on the eccentricity of Michael Jackson&#8217;s public persona. Paul McCarthy, in turn, uses strikingly distorted proportions to further underline the bizarre extremes this kind of personality cult can take. Here, as in all his work, Paul McCarthy probes the abysmal depth of our psychological and moral make-up.
&#8222;Several works are distinguished by an ambiguity that could not be more apposite.&#8220;
Jordon Wolfson&#8217;s work Neverland directly references the allegations. The video shows the eyes of the pop star isolated from the rest of his face. Shifts in the direction of his gaze and blinks become a defining feature of the film. Wolfson drew on material of a programme Jackson filmed at Neverland in 1993, in which he roundly refuted all allegations of child abuse. We do not hear Michael Jackson speak; the only sound we hear is running water.
Many works engage with Jackson&#8217;s stylisation and presentation of himself. Kehinde Wiley&#8217;s portrait, for example, may at first glance look like a crazy apotheosis of Michael Jackson, on closer inspection, however, it is full of irony and probes the ridiculousness and exaggeration that characterises portraits of revered figures from pop stars to political rulers.
Will the exhibition differ in terms of content from its previous incarnations in London and Paris?
We will not make any changes to the exhibits, but we will present a few works that were not shown in London and Paris. Several works are distinguished by an ambiguity that could not be more apposite. We could not possibly change the exhibition in its entirety. It is about Jackson&#8217;s impact on the visual arts.
How does the Bundeskunsthalle address the current allegations?
We are developing a programme that provides an opportunity and a forum for discussion and exchange. There will by panel discussions, and contact persons will be on site in the exhibition ready to engage in a dialogue and to answer questions from visitors.

https://magazin.bundeskunsthalle.de...esenting-an-exhibition-about-michael-jackson/

Nice article by the mjvibe team who visited the opening of the exhibition in Bonn:

Hmm, okay. Link to mjvibe does not work...

wish we had an exhibition here in australia

If you can, join the debate about IDOLIZATION, POWER, ABUSE on Sunday, April 7th at the Bundeskunsthalle in Bonn/Germany. They will talk about Weinstein, Spacey, Michael Jackson and the abuse of power. Should be interesting.

Diskussion: Anbetung, Macht, Missbrauch

Eine gesellschaftliche Kontroverse im Fokus

Einen Tag nach der Ausstrahlung der Dokumentation Leaving Neverland über die Missbrauchsvorwürfe gegen Michael Jackson geht die Diskussion in der Bundeskunsthalle der Frage nach, wie unsere Gesellschaft mit diesem Problem umgeht.

Popstars, Künstlerinnen und Künstler, Politikerinnen und Politiker wie auch andere Menschen in potenziellen Machtpositionen genießen eine herausgehobene Stellung in unserer Gesellschaft. Ihr Einfluss und Ansehen garantieren ihnen Hochachtung und Bewunderung, was jedoch eigentlich vor allem auch eines bedeutet: große Verantwortung. Was geschieht, wenn dieses Vertrauen missbraucht und das Machtgefälle ausgenutzt wird? Wie geht die Öffentlichkeit damit um, wie reagiert ein Fan, wenn der bewunderte Star sich moralisch, politisch oder ethisch schuldig gemacht hat? Wo liegen die Ursachen für Machtmissbrauch? Muss am Ende sogar das künstlerische Werk und Schaffen vor dem neuen Wissenshintergrund anders betrachtet werden?

Nicht nur der verstorbene Michael Jackson, sondern auch zahlreiche weitere Personen des öffentlichen Lebens wie Kevin Spacey, Harvey Weinstein und der deutsche Regisseur Dieter Wedel oder immer wieder kirchliche Würdenträger sind im Zusammenhang mit Missbrauchsvorwürfen und dem Hashtag #metoo in jüngster Zeit in den Fokus von Debatten gerückt.

In der moralischen Bewertungsskala wird der Missbrauch von Kindern und Jugendlichen am schärfsten verurteilt. Es fehlen aber verlässliche Daten, ob die Zahl sexuell missbrauchter Kinder und Jugendlicher in Deutschland steigt, ob sie gleich bleibt oder sogar fällt. Bei Pädophilie gibt es eine Dunkelziffer, deren Größe niemand exakt benennen kann. Wie groß das &#8222;Dunkelfeld&#8220; der einschlägigen Straftaten ist ? wie viele Delikte also nicht erkannt und nicht angezeigt werden und deshalb in keiner Statistik auftauchen ? ist seit Jahren Gegenstand heftiger Dispute.

https://www.bundeskunsthalle.de/en/events/calendar.html#event1663

I was lucky enough to see this in London and it was fantastic. I recommend the exhibition catalogue if you cant get to the show

I'd love to hear what happens at the discussion on the 7th, if anyone attends. The works have been framed curatorially in a very different way at Bonn compared to London, which (from memory, so I could be wrong) did not mention the allegations.

I found a link on amazon to the catalogue, its a big coffee table book with beautiful reproductions of works, Id recommend it https://www.amazon.co.uk/Michael-Ja...+jackson+book&qid=1554472979&s=gateway&sr=8-1

By artist Faith Ringgold:
jackson-ringgold.jpg

I visited the exhibition in Germany last week. They have several artworks that were not on display in London.

The best thing for me, however, was seeing a young boy of maybe 8 or 9 years old who was there with his father. He walked around the exhibition with an actual digital camera around his neck and photographed the Mark Ryden painting (Dangerous album cover). Just before they left the father turned to his son and asked if he was satisfied and if they could go now. The boy answered "super" and walked out of the exhibition beaming. That exchange just made my heart melt.

Next generation... Michael will have fans forever.

Yesterday I visited ´Michael Jackson - On The Wall´ in Bonn. It is really the full pleasure to see the very well presented exhibition. To see pictures of Michael in a lot of different ways, in all sizes and colors and even in motion - for hours...

I can say I like the most of the exhibits (especially the works by David LaChapelle, Todd Gray, Lorraine O´Grady, Yan Pei-Ming, of course Marl Ryden, Sam Lipp, Klara Lidén); the pictures by Catherine Opie are so touching:cry:; and some are very funny (as for instance the video-project by Candice Breitz, which I had seen already twice completely!:laughing: in another exhibtion some years before); some I definitely did not like (such as the thing with the empty loafers at the balloons, and the caption to the painting by Maggi Hambling just shows her ignorance). I love that Jam and Working Day And Night is quietly heard through all the rooms.

But besides my personal view the exhibition is an interesting journey through the ideas, thoughts and feelings, the artistic involvement of very different fine artists who are touched in any way by Michael Jackson.

Girls and boys if you are living anywhere around here in Germany or close to it in Europe - make the trip(y) to the exhibition, too!

I love, love, love the Michael Jackson/Charles Baudelaire dichotomy artwork by Lorraine O'Grady. Michael as the last modernist, I think it was.

8d605a1b.jpg

I appreciate everyone who takes Michael seriously as an artist and who doesn't reduce him to his nose.

I appreciate everyone who takes Michael seriously as an artist and who doesn't reduce him to his nose.

Yes, of course!:laughing: I think none of the presenting artists do it.

Through the rooms a guide is walking around to be there for any questions by the visitors: about MJ, the exhibition, all relevant topics... At one moment with some meters distance I had the opportunity to listen to a little debate between a man and the guide (in front of the Todd-Gray-artwork:)) That man obviously had no knowledge about MJ except the stupid and horrible rumors by the tabloids. And this guide explained to him some facts about the skin, the surgeries, LN. A bit later when she crossed my way I asked her if she is a fan of Michael, but no, she is not. She said she learned about MJ especially for this job. She did this task seriously and quite well - but without the passion we fans have:).

Yes, of course!:laughing: I think none of the presenting artists do it.

Through the rooms a guide is walking around to be there for any questions by the visitors: about MJ, the exhibition, all relevant topics... At one moment with some meters distance I had the opportunity to listen to a little debate between a man and the guide (in front of the Todd-Gray-artwork:)) That man obviously had no knowledge about MJ except the stupid and horrible rumors by the tabloids. And this guide explained to him some facts about the skin, the surgeries, LN. A bit later when she crossed my way I asked her if she is a fan of Michael, but no, she is not. She said she learned about MJ especially for this job. She did this task seriously and quite well - but without the passion we fans have:).

I didn't even notice that person. Everyone looked like regular security to me. I do feel though that many artworks focused on Michael's appearance. especially that creepy fake Michael with the moving eyes by a Swiss artist.

wednesday;4258723 said:
I didn't even notice that person. Everyone looked like regular security to me. I do feel though that many artworks focused on Michael's appearance. especially that creepy fake Michael with the moving eyes by a Swiss artist.

Do you mean this large ugly single portrait which seems to be a collage of several pictures looking like a fantasy drawing used by the police searching for a criminal person? And which moves slightly? Which probably should show MJ - but definitely doesn´t look like MJ? That in fact is absolutely horrible! (I just looked into the catalogue to find the description for it, but couldn´t find it. Obviously it wasn´t shown in the first exhibition in London.) I have no idea what that ´artist´ wanted to express - that exhibit is so embarrassing, I even couldn´t look at it and so I also didn´t read the caption.

But in my opinion a lot of the presented artists express their serious reflections and emotional experiences with the complete man and artist Michael Jackson.

FlyMeToTheMoon;4258739 said:
Do you mean this large ugly single portrait which seems to be a collage of several pictures looking like a fantasy drawing used by the police searching for a criminal person? And which moves slightly? Which probably should show MJ - but definitely doesn´t look like MJ? That in fact is absolutely horrible! (I just looked into the catalogue to find the description for it, but couldn´t find it. Obviously it wasn´t shown in the first exhibition in London.) I have no idea what that ´artist´ wanted to express - that exhibit is so embarrassing, I even couldn´t look at it and so I also didn´t read the caption.

But in my opinion a lot of the presented artists express their serious reflections and emotional experiences with the complete man and artist Michael Jackson.

That was it. Couldn't have described it better! ;)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="de" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MichaelJackson?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MichaelJackson</a> bat Designer Michael Lee Bush, ein Kleidungsstück aus Besteck herzustellen, weil es „das einzige ist, das jeder Mann, jede Frau und jedes Kind auf der Welt kennt“. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MJOnTheWall?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MJOnTheWall</a>, noch bis 14. Juli in der <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bundeskunsthalle?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bundeskunsthalle</a>. <a href="https://t.co/zC1YLHj2CE">https://t.co/zC1YLHj2CE</a> <a href="https://t.co/49rQBiH2Z1">pic.twitter.com/49rQBiH2Z1</a></p>&mdash; BUNDESKUNSTHALLE (@bundeskunsthall) <a href="https://twitter.com/bundeskunsthall/status/1132889360364392454?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">27. Mai 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

&#8220;Michael Jackson: On The Wall&#8221; at EMMA &#8211; Espoo Museum of Modern Art

The last chapter of the &#8220;Michael Jackson: On The Wall&#8221; exhibition is opening tomorrow in Finland at the EMMA (Espoo Museum of Modern Art) and the gallery is all ready to welcome all the fans!

Like London, Paris and Bonn, fans will be able to see portraits and arts inspired by the King of Pop! The same artwork, different setting! A much more modern place than its predecessors with huge open spaces ready for you to enjoy Michael!

Produced by the National Portrait Gallery and with the cooperation of the Michael Jackson Estate, the exhibition will open on 21/08 and ends on 26/01/2020!

wire-17490328-1566315633-180_634x422.jpg

(MJViBE)

Michael Jackson art show opens in Finland despite controversy

By Afp

An exhibition of art inspired by Michael Jackson opened Tuesday in Helsinki with organisers insisting it was not a "celebration" of the singer, still dogged by abuse allegations a decade after his death.

"Michael Jackson: On the Wall" brings together old and new works depicting the iconic pop star and his impact on popular culture, by artists including Andy Warhol, American photographer David LaChapelle and British potter Grayson Perry.

The show of 90 works first hung in London's National Portrait Gallery in 2018 to widespread critical acclaim. It then toured in Paris and Bonn before coming to Helsinki.

The German and Finnish shows come after a new raft of allegations that Jackson groomed and sexually assaulted children, detailed in the 2018 documentary "Finding Neverland".

The exhibition will nevertheless run in the Finnish capital "as planned", organisers said, with a text at the entrance acknowledging that "current conversations may have changed the way the exhibition is interpreted".

"We can't shy away from these difficult subjects and we of course condemn all kinds of abuse," Arja Miller, chief curator at Espoo Museum of Modern Art, told AFP.

"But we also want to provide a platform for open discussion and for artists' voices," she said.

"This exhibition and these artists are not celebrating Michael Jackson, but analysing his meaning in our culture," Miller added.

- Sponsors scared away -

Miller said some organisations refused to sponsor the exhibition over concerns about the controversies surrounding the singer, despite not having seen the show.

"I'm convinced that if everyone would have seen the exhibition they'd gladly be our partner because the exhibition is so diverse," she told AFP.

Many of the Jackson-inspired works veer between the gaudy and the grotesque, including an oversized golden statue of the megastar with his pet chimpanzee, Bubbles, by Paul McCarthy.

Elsewhere, a life-size portrait by Kehinde Wiley, commissioned by Jackson himself shortly before his death in 2009, features the star in jewelled armour on horseback surrounded by cherubs, after a portrait by Rubens of King Philip II of Spain.

The Romanian artist Dan Mihaltianu's installation draws on the impact of Jackson's seminal 1992 concert in post-Communist Bucharest, using newspaper photos alongside concert footage.

Mihaltianu said that interest in his piece, from 1994, has grown again every time Michael Jackson has hit the headlines over the years.

"He will stay as an icon somehow, you cannot just erase him," Mihaltianu told AFP.

"I remember already when he died, people were kind of, 'OK, now he's got to rest in peace.' But 10 years later, it's a new story coming up."

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Beautifully spoken words by <a href="https://twitter.com/usembfinland?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@usembfinland</a> Ambassador Pence noting that we’re all here to steward &amp;contribute to society and we are now <a href="https://twitter.com/emmamuseum?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@emmamuseum</a> celebrating the work &amp; contribution of 48 artists &amp; the King of Pop <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MichaelJackson?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MichaelJackson</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/onthewall?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#onthewall</a> This exhibit is a must see!!! <a href="https://t.co/Ju3Rt2MIc9">pic.twitter.com/Ju3Rt2MIc9</a></p>&mdash; A Pasternak-Jackson (@APJinplay) <a href="https://twitter.com/APJinplay/status/1163849206450270208?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">20. August 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I hate to have to read up to this day that the ´social´ and other media don´t stop to keep alive all the LN-dirt - here also for example with "sponsors scared away".

I bet for the most people all around the world it is obviously and even proved that those 2 + 1 clowns + their entities behind are liars just to make money. No person than the usual haters is interested to be remembered again and again to all those stupid stories.

When I visited the German exhibition I noticed visitors of all ages (from babys to a real old lady, I stood beside her watching the JAM-film and we smiled to each other) in a cool and relaxed mood, intellectually curious and interested, they all enjoyed the artwork.

<header class="entry-header">[h=1]Why are we presenting an exhibition about Michael Jackson?[/h][h=3]Rein Wolfs is answering key questions on the exhibition "Michael Jackson: On The Wall"[/h]</header>Despite renewed allegations of sexual abuse, the long-planned Michael Jackson exhibition in Bonn will go ahead as planned. The Bundeskunsthalle seeks to engage the public in a debate. Director Rein Wolfs is answering key questions.
Why is the Bundeskunsthalle presenting an exhibition about Michael Jackson?
Michael Jackson is a key figure in pop music of the last 50 years. There are very few musicians who have attained a similarly iconic status. His enormous influence also made itself felt in the visual arts, and we want to show the enormous reach of his cultural impact. Michael Jackson: On the Wall is an art exhibition. It does not seek to shed light on Michael Jackson&#8217;s biography, nor does it deal with his work. Instead, it probes the impact of the &#8216;Michael Jackson phenomenon&#8217; on the visual arts.
Sexual abuse claims against Michael Jackson currently make the headlines. Why have you decided to go ahead with the exhibition despite these allegations?
The curatorial concept of the exhibition was first developed by the National Portrait Gallery in London more than three years ago. The release of the documentary Leaving Neverland, which is currently bringing the newly surfaced allegations to a worldwide audience, could not be foreseen at the time.
The allegations are shocking, and we do take them very seriously. They cast a different light on the artist whose persona is at the heart of the work shown in the exhibition. However, thus far the allegations remain unproven. The last time they were aired in court, Michael Jackson was exonerated. This is not to detract from the importance of the subject and its deep emotional impact. We are very aware of this and feel a responsibility not to shy away from it. On the contrary, as a public institution, we see it as our task to address it head-on and to create a platform for public debate.
&#8222;As a public institution, we see it as our task to address it head-on and to create a platform for public debate.&#8220;​
First and foremost, however, Michael Jackson: On the Wall is an art exhibition, and we stand by its relevance as such. We dissociate ourselves from Michael Jackson as a person, but we do not wish to pretend that the works of art he inspired over the course of the last 35 years were never made or irrelevant. That would be the wrong decision.
Can the artist and his work be looked at separately? Michal Jackson, more than many other artists, is seen as a gesamtkunstwerk.
Throughout history, there are many artists with rather ambivalent biographies and a penchant for the gesamtkunstwerk. This does, of course, not constitute an explanation or an excuse. However, we do have to ask ourselves how we want to approach this problem. Do we want to erase these unsavoury aspects from history or do we want to talk about them? I believe we have to discuss them. I am, of course, aware that artist and work cannot be separated entirely, but the phenomenon has to be seen in a wider context. Thus, the exhibition Michael Jackson: On the Wall is an exhibition of works by artists who have responded to Michael Jackson in a wide range of ways.
Should our response to the works be affected by the new allegations?
When we think about Michael Jackson as a person, the wider context is almost inevitably there as well. This does, naturally, affect the interpretation of the works that engage with him. At the same time, there is a great deal of both irony and critique in the response of the visual artists to Michael Jackson.
The works by Paul McCarthy, for example, which we are showing in Bonn and which were not shown in London or Paris, reference a sculpture of Michael Jackson and his pet chimpanzee Bubbles by Jeff Koons, which was, in turn, based on a press photograph that went around the world. Jeff Koons&#8217;s work already picked up on the eccentricity of Michael Jackson&#8217;s public persona. Paul McCarthy, in turn, uses strikingly distorted proportions to further underline the bizarre extremes this kind of personality cult can take. Here, as in all his work, Paul McCarthy probes the abysmal depth of our psychological and moral make-up.
&#8222;Several works are distinguished by an ambiguity that could not be more apposite.&#8220;​
Jordon Wolfson&#8217;s work Neverland directly references the allegations. The video shows the eyes of the pop star isolated from the rest of his face. Shifts in the direction of his gaze and blinks become a defining feature of the film. Wolfson drew on material of a programme Jackson filmed at Neverland in 1993, in which he roundly refuted all allegations of child abuse. We do not hear Michael Jackson speak; the only sound we hear is running water.
Many works engage with Jackson&#8217;s stylisation and presentation of himself. Kehinde Wiley&#8217;s portrait, for example, may at first glance look like a crazy apotheosis of Michael Jackson, on closer inspection, however, it is full of irony and probes the ridiculousness and exaggeration that characterises portraits of revered figures from pop stars to political rulers.
Will the exhibition differ in terms of content from its previous incarnations in London and Paris?
We will not make any changes to the exhibits, but we will present a few works that were not shown in London and Paris. Several works are distinguished by an ambiguity that could not be more apposite. We could not possibly change the exhibition in its entirety. It is about Jackson&#8217;s impact on the visual arts.
How does the Bundeskunsthalle address the current allegations?
We are developing a programme that provides an opportunity and a forum for discussion and exchange. There will by panel discussions, and contact persons will be on site in the exhibition ready to engage in a dialogue and to answer questions from visitors.

https://magazin.bundeskunsthalle.de...esenting-an-exhibition-about-michael-jackson/
I didn't go to see the exhibition - 'Michael Jackson: On The Wall' at the National Portrait Gallery in 2018 in London. But I've been thinking about it lately. It's only now that I'm fully appreciating that the second half of the 18 - month run for the touring exhibition was played out against the background of noise generated by the tv programme.

This comment from @wednesday includes an interview with the director of the German museum which presented the exhibition.

It ran from March - July 2019.

Media report offering a brief overview of the exhibition plus interviews with 3 of the artists including Todd Gray and Dan Mihaltianu. 3m 19s.

Last edited:

Brief overview of some of the artworks included in the exhibition. Images only but each image shown has a caption giving the name of the artist. 2m 44s.

Last edited:

MJ fan who went to the exhibition shows some of the merch he bought from the shop. 6m 37s.

Back