This is what the contemporized Place With No Name should have sounded like on Xscape

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
Guys i was completely floored when i heard this version. This is how you update a song and stay true to the original vision. This one is interesting, refreshing, funky, and sounds so unlike anything MJ had ever done but still manages to capture Michael's essence. I believe with a few tweaks, something like this for the song would have been amazing. Y'all can't tell me that this doesn't blow the other version away lol. What do you guys think?

Link:

Last edited by a moderator:
Click on the Insert Video button, then paste the YouTube link and click OK.

Original is the best by far. Not feeling this one at all. Kinda makes me cringe.

I liked it, I kept imagining Michael singing on this version, I thought they did it justice. I preferred to the contemporized Xscape version, although I did miss the atmospheric guitar riff MJ's version has at the start.

Good find mate thanks for sharing

I like it, and wish they had gone with something more like this for the "modernized" version. The original will always be the best version and I'm still a little peeved that they didn't go with that version for the single release.

Back