Wikipedia Bias (NOT a Canvassing Attempt)

Arckangel

Proud Member
Just a note... This is NOT an attempt at canvassing, which means inviting like-minded people to take part in a Wikipedia article. This is just a general complaint about the bias of that site.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Michael_Jackson#Vanity_Fair_as_a_source_of_facts

Somebody expressed concerns about the veracity of certain claims in Vanity Fair. An editor responded that Vanity Fair is a reputable source. I then replied by saying that though it may be a reputable source, its article aren't always 100% factual. And I used one of Maureen Orth's latest articles (mentioned by Taj Jackson) as an example. I provided linked sources incl. Taj Jackson's statements and Michael Jackson's autopsy report.

As usual, I was very polite and sensical. Another editor then responded in a catty way like I were off-topic, not making sense or something, and I retorted:

"My views? [...], instead of trying to ridicule other editors, I politely and respectfully suggest you learn how to read. This is the second time I quote somebody, and I am told it's "my views". I quoted Taj Jackson, Michael Jackson's nephew. Am I Taj Jackson? No! So why are you making it sound like it was my own statement? A Vanity Fair article claims Jordan Chandler correctly identified Michael Jackson's private parts when he did not. My point is, Vanity Fair articles are not always 100% factual. I provided sources incl. Taj Jackson's tweet, his interview and Michael Jackson's autopsy report. Is that clear enough for you or do you need a translator?"

Almost everytime I try to give my input in certain articles, I am met with cattiness or downright rudeness. This is why I won't give to their fundraisers.

And this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Michael_Jackson#Inclusion_of_Aaron_Carter

That article included a list of boys who claimed to have been molested by Jackson, and a list of boys who stated they weren't. All I did was add Aaron Carter to the list, and I included a source, and an editor took issue w/ it and accused Carter of giving TMZ that interview (the editor called it a "publicity stunt") in order "to raise his public profile". A few more editors weighed in, and the list of supporters was erased from the article...

I argued the article needed to be balanced, but I was told that was "false balance".

Last edited:
Wow... to think even Wikipedia has an agenda. "False balance"? Something about that term just makes my skin crawl.

mkgenie, I agree but that may be very, very hard 'cause even though nobody owns an article, each article has its own watchdogs, and older editors are a lot more familiar will all that Wiki jargon (such as "false balance") and will throw it to your face if you ever try to derail their agenda.

Amaya, they certainly do! Wiki is very Left-leaning which means total adherence to #MeToo which plays big time in ROBson and SafeCHECK's favour.

I took offense with Wikipedia's version of certain things a few years ago-before Wade and James. Just reading the bickering back and forth between the editors and the constant changes EVERY SINGLE DAY on his page wore me out.
They were arguing about everything-like what genres of music he sang and fought for a month whether he was a "soul singer" or not!???? Ridiculous. So you can imagine the fights on the allegations.

Back