Ofcom decide NOT to investigate Leaving Neverland.

MJTruth

Proud Member
I thought this deserved a thread of its own so that everyone sees it...

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/ass...5-Ofcoms-Broadcast-and-On-Demand-Bulletin.pdf

In their bullet Ofcom said

"Here are alphabetical lists of complaints that, after careful assessment, Ofcom has decided not to pursue between 4 and 17 March 2019 because they did not raise issues warranting investigation."

(235 complaints about Leaving Neverland complaints appeared in that list.)

Therefore Ofcom do not appear to consider that Leaving Neverland being "Materially misleading" or below "Generally accepted standards" is worth investigating. I would say there is an implication here that they do not think the show breached those aspects of the broadcasting code.

Absolutely disgraceful.

Of course, by their own admission, whoever made that decision must have done so without investigation the show.

Considering the high number of complaints I had expected them to investigate it by default. when you have so many people complaining, surely somebody has got to consider there must be an issues with!?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming this isn't a conspiracy, what is it we're missing here?

ChrisC;4252297 said:

This is their response

“We understand that this two-part documentary gave rise to strong opinions from viewers,” an Ofcom spokesman said. “In our view, the allegations were very clearly presented as personal testimonies and it was made clear that the Jackson family rejects them.”

They did just enough that it wouldn't breach guidelines I guess.

Ofcom used to be run by the media. If it still is thats your answer. . The most biast one sided edited doc doesnt break rules?

I thought this deserved a thread of its own so that everyone sees it...

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/ass...5-Ofcoms-Broadcast-and-On-Demand-Bulletin.pdf

In their bullet Ofcom said

"Here are alphabetical lists of complaints that, after careful assessment, Ofcom has decided not to pursue between 4 and 17 March 2019 because they did not raise issues warranting investigation."

(235 complaints about Leaving Neverland complaints appeared in that list.)

Therefore Ofcom do not appear to consider that Leaving Neverland being "Materially misleading" or below "Generally accepted standards" is worth investigating. I would say there is an implication here that they do not think the show breached those aspects of the broadcasting code.

Absolutely disgraceful.

Of course, by their own admission, whoever made that decision must have done so without investigation the show.

Considering the high number of complaints I had expected them to investigate it by default. when you have so many people complaining, surely somebody has got to consider there must be an issues with!?!

Ugh! Lame ass excuses! Well I can give Ofcom a big...STONE COLD!

giphy.gif

SmoothGangsta;4252298 said:
This is their response

“We understand that this two-part documentary gave rise to strong opinions from viewers,” an Ofcom spokesman said. “In our view, the allegations were very clearly presented as personal testimonies and it was made clear that the Jackson family rejects them.”

They did just enough that it wouldn't breach guidelines I guess.

Haven't Ofcom seen the reporting on this?

“In our view, the allegations were very clearly presented as personal testimonies and it was made clear that the Jackson family rejects them.”

Yes they were presented as personal testimonies but THAT is only one problem with the show!

Seriously ofcom are a waste of time.

MJTruth;4252427 said:
Haven't Ofcom seen the reporting on this?

“In our view, the allegations were very clearly presented as personal testimonies and it was made clear that the Jackson family rejects them.”

Yes they were presented as personal testimonies but THAT is only one problem with the show!

Seriously ofcom are a waste of time.

Yeah, I didn't actually expect them to do anything. They're useless.

Sadly, a high number of complaints is often written off as being "just angry MJ fans"....as though our voices don't deserve to be heard and our grievances are not valid. I swear, we are often treated as second class citizens with no right of reply at all and that is extremely frustrating. Michael deserves justice and fair treatment, the same as anyone.

Back