Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'The Man Behind The Dance' New MJ Documentary by LaVelle Smith Jr.

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 699
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

Post 'The Man Behind The Dance' New MJ Documentary by LaVelle Smith Jr.

https://www.themanbehindthedance.com/

Coming in May.

'Immerse your soul in love.'

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anna For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 296
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: 'The Man Behind The Dance' New MJ Documentary by LaVelle Smith Jr.

Looks good.

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Bring it LaVelle! Mad respect bro!

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,081 Times in 3,655 Posts

Due to the fact we're still working on the project "The Man Behind The Dance" - adding videos from my personal collection and @michaeljackson's fans contributions, we would like to inform that we're committed to bring our best to honor the King of Pop.

This is a non-profit project and we expect to release it on June 25th, the date of 10th anniversary of Michael Jackson's passing.

Instead of making this a sad date I wonder I could share some of my memories and join you, fans around the world, celebrating the beautiful legacy of the greatest entertainer this world has ever seen.

Please, spread the word and stay tuned on my social media channels and also on: www.themanbehindthedance.com

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Paris78 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks

Glad to hear he is releasing footage

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Official trailer is out.

(how do you embed something?)

https://www.facebook.com/themanbehin...3721771393182/

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mercurial_Dudette For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

It has been 10 years since my friend Michael Jackson passed away and I’m sure we all miss him very much.

These last few months, we’ve been working on this non-profit project called The Man Behind The Dance where I share my experience and memories collaborating with the one and only King of Pop.

Thank you, David Van Hoesen, Thibault Weewauters for the concept and hard work, Timmy Ropero for the heartfelt soundtrack and Richard Mendelsohn for the constant support and ideas.

More: http://www.themanbehindthedance.com

- - - - -
    © 2019 “The Man Behind The Dance”, Think Video.
    Produced by Thibault Weewauters, David Van Hoesen, LaVelle Smith Jr., Timmy Ropero and Richard Mendelsohn

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paris78 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 782
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,415 Posts

Louisville dancer remembers Michael Jackson in documentary 10 years after his death

In 1988, duPont Manual Youth Performing Arts School graduate LaVelle Smith Jr. auditioned and won a spot performing in Michael Jackson's "Smooth Criminal" video. A few months later, the young talented Louisville dancer was asked to join the "King of Pop" on tour.

Jackson's "Bad" tour was scheduled to play Louisville's Freedom Hall and Smith was thrilled to be performing in the place where he had grown up.

"I told Michael Louisville was my hometown and I was excited for my family to see me dance with him but a few days later, Louisville was taken off the schedule," Smith remembers. "I was very disappointed and Michael must have known that because suddenly Louisville was back on the schedule."

Jackson's kindness didn't end there, Smith said. He ordered tickets for 50 members of his family to come to the Louisville show and was ready to fork over the money at the box office when he was told he wouldn't have to pay.

"Michael had taken care of it, that was the kind of person he was," Smith told Courier Journal. "All those tickets were going to be very expensive tor me to pay for but he was so thoughtful. That was one of many amazing things he did for me."

You may like: Your guide to free outdoor movies and shows this summer in Louisville

On the 10-year anniversary of Jackson's death, Smith is looking back at his relationship with the King of Pop, who he performed with for more than 20 years. During that time, the Louisville dancer also worked with artists like The Rolling Stones, Janet Jackson, Diana Ross and George Michael.

His creative and inspired choreography earned the dancer numerous awards, as well. Smith won five MTV video awards for co-choreographing the music videos from En Vogue’s "My Lovin," "Free Your Mind," and Salt N' Pepa's ‘Whatta Man." In 1995, he won the award for the video "Scream," a duet between Michael and Janet Jackson. He won his fifth award with the music video for Beyoncé’s "Crazy In Love."

But his most memorable times were touring with the "Gloved One." Smith went out on three world tours with Jackson — "Bad," "Dangerous" and "History."

The duo was working on Jackson's comeback tour when the music icon died suddenly of acute propofol and benzodiazepine intoxication on June 25, 2009.

"I knew him for over half my life," Smith said. "So I got to know him quite well and I think it's important for people who did know him to speak up and not be afraid. Some times the truth is not popular but I think it's important that those of us who did know him continue to talk about his character and his kindness."

Since his death, the documentary "Leaving Neverland" has presented a disturbing depiction of Jackson as an alleged child molester, accusations Smith addresses in the new film, "The Man Behind the Dance" by David Van Hoesen and Thibault Weewauters. The documentary, which is divided into two parts, features Smith and is now available online.

https://eu.courier-journal.com/story...er/1498103001/
    'We may not change the world in one day but we still can change some things today, in our small way.'[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 155
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paris78 View Post

It has been 10 years since my friend Michael Jackson passed away and I’m sure we all miss him very much.

These last few months, we’ve been working on this non-profit project called The Man Behind The Dance where I share my experience and memories collaborating with the one and only King of Pop.

Thank you, David Van Hoesen, Thibault Weewauters for the concept and hard work, Timmy Ropero for the heartfelt soundtrack and Richard Mendelsohn for the constant support and ideas.

More: http://www.themanbehindthedance.com

- - - - -
    © 2019 “The Man Behind The Dance”, Think Video.
    Produced by Thibault Weewauters, David Van Hoesen, LaVelle Smith Jr., Timmy Ropero and Richard Mendelsohn
    WOW! This documentary is powerful! I love it. It comes from a different perspective of anything I’ve seen. It is raw emotion and you can feel it when LaVelle talks about Michael.I have watched Part 1 and can’t wait to watch the other parts. At the end of Part 1, there is incredible never before seen footage of Michael rehearsing. If you haven’t watched this documentary, please do so, it is done with so much love from Lavellle and the producers.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to somewhereinthedark For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

I just finished the documentary.

Gotta appreciate Lavelle for sharing that short clip of them rehearsing for the 1995 VMAs.

I am intrigued with the cliffhanger statement though about his role on TII. 😔

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thanks

This Documentary is a great tribute. Love that he found the courage to stand up
    for his friend!
    I enjoyed watching the first part but I was expecting something different under this title!
    I hope he will not also focus on the alllegations in the next parts.
    Last edited by ManBehindTheMirrOr - Dona; 26-06-2019 at 03:15 PM.

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by myosotis View Post
    Louisville dancer remembers Michael Jackson in documentary 10 years after his death

In 1988, duPont Manual Youth Performing Arts School graduate LaVelle Smith Jr. auditioned and won a spot performing in Michael Jackson's "Smooth Criminal" video. A few months later, the young talented Louisville dancer was asked to join the "King of Pop" on tour.

Jackson's "Bad" tour was scheduled to play Louisville's Freedom Hall and Smith was thrilled to be performing in the place where he had grown up.

"I told Michael Louisville was my hometown and I was excited for my family to see me dance with him but a few days later, Louisville was taken off the schedule," Smith remembers. "I was very disappointed and Michael must have known that because suddenly Louisville was back on the schedule."

Jackson's kindness didn't end there, Smith said. He ordered tickets for 50 members of his family to come to the Louisville show and was ready to fork over the money at the box office when he was told he wouldn't have to pay.

"Michael had taken care of it, that was the kind of person he was," Smith told Courier Journal. "All those tickets were going to be very expensive tor me to pay for but he was so thoughtful. That was one of many amazing things he did for me."

You may like: Your guide to free outdoor movies and shows this summer in Louisville

On the 10-year anniversary of Jackson's death, Smith is looking back at his relationship with the King of Pop, who he performed with for more than 20 years. During that time, the Louisville dancer also worked with artists like The Rolling Stones, Janet Jackson, Diana Ross and George Michael.

His creative and inspired choreography earned the dancer numerous awards, as well. Smith won five MTV video awards for co-choreographing the music videos from En Vogue’s "My Lovin," "Free Your Mind," and Salt N' Pepa's ‘Whatta Man." In 1995, he won the award for the video "Scream," a duet between Michael and Janet Jackson. He won his fifth award with the music video for Beyoncé’s "Crazy In Love."

But his most memorable times were touring with the "Gloved One." Smith went out on three world tours with Jackson — "Bad," "Dangerous" and "History."

The duo was working on Jackson's comeback tour when the music icon died suddenly of acute propofol and benzodiazepine intoxication on June 25, 2009.

"I knew him for over half my life," Smith said. "So I got to know him quite well and I think it's important for people who did know him to speak up and not be afraid. Some times the truth is not popular but I think it's important that those of us who did know him continue to talk about his character and his kindness."

Since his death, the documentary "Leaving Neverland" has presented a disturbing depiction of Jackson as an alleged child molester, accusations Smith addresses in the new film, "The Man Behind the Dance" by David Van Hoesen and Thibault Weewauters. The documentary, which is divided into two parts, features Smith and is now available online.

https://eu.courier-journal.com/story...er/1498103001/
    I agree 100% with the bold.
    Terrible is those so called friends don't want to talk.
    Mj isolated himself from the world so the aren't many (living) who knew him incredibly well to be able to defend him in any case

20. The Following User Says Thank You to MJTruth For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 125
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entry1000 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MJTruth View Post
    I agree 100% with the bold.
    Terrible is those so called friends don't want to talk.
    Mj isolated himself from the world so the aren't many (living) who knew him incredibly well to be able to defend him in any case
    Michael was a very shy man. he also trusted too much. see? he was too much for this world.

a female with depression and mental delays