McDonald’s franchise in the Netherlands removes HIStory statue

Doggone

Proud Member
Another kick in our back. A McDonald’s restaurant in Best, the Netherlands has decided to remove the MJ statue, to please customerd who feel uncomfortable seeing. The franchiser says that McDonald’s itself wanted the statue removed, and not the franchiser. Another company to boycott :)

The statue is given to the Dutch MJ fanclub.

Article in link (in Dutch):
https://www.nu.nl/binnenland/582162...chael-jackson-weg-bij-restaurant-in-best.html

I have to say, most comments under the article are positive and they don’t understand McDonald’s. However, there is a troll active and blaming Michael. He states false facts and tells lies.

Gosh, I wish I could put that statue in my garden. That would be really awesome.

And they think when tabloids reported about the train station lie that it's over.
No, it's not over.
It's not even the begining.

not a single dutch news entity has reported on the exposed lies:

please contact these news stations with tips to the new revelations:

redactie@nu.nl - they seem to have an auto generated reply when submitting about Michael
Dank voor uw mail. We vellen geen oordeel over de documentaire, we constateren slechts dat de film leidt tot een aantal besluiten (door andere partijen). De film geeft slechts de visie van de twee mannen; er wordt inderdaad geen nieuw bewijs geleverd van hun theses. Maar dat was ook de insteek van de makers niet.

nieuwsdienst@telegraaf.nl
rtlnieuws@rtl.nl
rtlboulevard@rtl.nl
https://publeaks.nl

its not fair it shouldnt have been removed

I think the statue will find a much better place now than a Mc Donalds. I am glad that it is removed from it. Now it will be sourounded by the people who really love Michael, have the most knowlage about him, know how to honar, to treat him and this great gift and really deserve its presence.

Last edited:
And they think when tabloids reported about the train station lie that it's over.
No, it's not over.
They can put it in a better place. I do not understand why it was there anyway. MJ was not connected to Mcdonalds that I know of.

terrell;4253022 said:
I do not understand why it was there anyway. MJ was not connected to Mcdonalds that I know of.

They put it in the McDonald’s parking lot for symbolic reasons.

MJ’s marketing team wanted to show, back then during the promotional period in 1995, that MJ’s name (which was represented by that HIStory statue) was as a world-wide recognizable name as the one of the McDonald’s restaurants.

Even though that might not be the best place for the statue, their decision just adds more "value" to accusations.. And for that reason Im going to ignore them from now on and go to KFC instead. Ive made them aware about that on their survey
https://m.mcdonalds.nl/mijnervaring

Verstuurd vanaf mijn G8441 met Tapatalk

If Maccas will pay for the freight, I'll gladly take it off their hands.

It was really removed?? WTF man! we should reach out to that Mcdonalds manager and share the FACTS! Maybe it could be returned..

mj_frenzy;4253025 said:
They put it in the McDonald’s parking lot for symbolic reasons.

MJ’s marketing team wanted to show, back then during the promotional period in 1995, that MJ’s name (which was represented by that HIStory statue) was as a world-wide recognizable name as the one of the McDonald’s restaurants.

Ok, well, there are better places it can go and be appreciated. That is their lost, not MJ's. I can think of many places it can go and be glad it is there.

Sometimes change can be for the best. It might be best to remove it from it and put it is some place more deserving and fitting.

That's true. I'm just used to it being there for such a long time now so I was a little sad about it being moved but maybe it will be placed someplace more fitting as you said.

If this is what the owners or whomever think of Michael then they don't deserve to have his statue there anyway.

If this is what the owners or whomever think of Michael then they don't deserve to have his statue there anyway.
The owners of that McDonalds are big MJ fans. They bought the statue themselves in 1997 and it has been on display ever since. They've also allowed fanclubs to organize events at and around the McDonalds in the past. The decision to remove the statue was not made by the owner of the McDonalds (he even stated earlier this month that he had no plans to remove it) but by the higher-ups.

The owners have donated the statue to an MJ fan club. I suspect we will hear more about what's going to happen to the statue very soon.

Since Mcdonalds does not want it, it would be awesome if we as a fan community could get it.. imagine using this symolically in some public forum.

Since Mcdonalds does not want it, it would be awesome if we as a fan community could get it.. imagine using this symolically in some public forum.

Exactly. Beside, I prefer the fan club than him sharing a spot with a CLOWN.

The owners of that McDonalds are big MJ fans. They bought the statue themselves in 1997 and it has been on display ever since. They've also allowed fanclubs to organize events at and around the McDonalds in the past. The decision to remove the statue was not made by the owner of the McDonalds (he even stated earlier this month that he had no plans to remove it) but by the higher-ups.

The owners have donated the statue to an MJ fan club. I suspect we will hear more about what's going to happen to the statue very soon.

Yes they are fans.
But a plastic fans.

if an MJ fan club has it, it wont be the last we see of it.. It will stand again, maybe in another location..

I guess we cannot expect anything more than 'fast food' actions by owners of a McDonalds.. It will stand somewhere that deserves it!

I guess fellow Dutch fans can might as well spit on their Quarter Pounder leaving McDonald's a bad taste for removing the statue.

No, it's not over.

The begining of the fall of LN.

Nothing more annoying that this doom and gloom attitude from some fans. MJ's legacy is over because some shitty fast food company decided to remove his statue from one of its restaurants.

Last edited:
Nothing more annoying that this doom and gloom attitude from some fans. MJ's legacy is over because some shitty fast food company decided to remove his statue from one of its restaurants.

Exactly. My whole family was J5/MJ fans. I grew up with MJ records and videos on heavy rotation in my house.

Always liked him as a child but became a die hard fan in 1997 after seeing the History Munich show on tv. Iwas teased and abused for liking MJ when he was being seen as a freak by the late 90s. Even as a kid l always remember MJ being a polarizing figure. Eg: When BOW video premiered, my whole family and friends sat on the living room to watch this amazing cultural phenomenom and being 7yo, I heard them debating his eccentricities and some haters were even pointing to his effeminate ways as proof of his uncoolness. Yes he was the ultimate popular artist but there were always the madonna/beatles/rocknroll fans who couldn't stand him.

So I just wanted to give some perspective as we shouldn't be losing our minds, if anything MJ legacy will come stronger from this storm and I bet a whole new generation of fans are blossoming at this very moment. Yes It's a hard moment but was it ever easy for us?? Keep the faith guys

Oh okay. Good to know.

Thanks!

I'm happy they've donated the statue to a fan club at least.

Yes he was the ultimate popular artist but there were always the madonna/beatles/rocknroll fans who couldn't stand him.

I find that really odd as, in the eighties, Madonna was already the Queen of Pop, and Michael, the King of Pop. They were both born in August 1958, both turned out to be the Queen and the King, I believe they are spiritually connected somehow, and I find it odd that some Madonna fans hate him so much (as I've witnessed on two Madonna forums in 2001 and more recently, just a week ago) That said, there are fans of both artists out there (like me).

Here are photos of Mo and MJ posted by Madonna herself last August:

https://www.facebook.com/madonna/photos/a.10151969572164402/10156569551624402/
https://www.facebook.com/madonna/photos/a.10151969572164402/10156569557054402/

Last edited:

What irks fans so much is the credence that so many (incl. journalists and certain celebrities) give to Leaving Neverland. It's the fact that that movie has impacted people so much to the point of having that statue removed.

McDonald's could have ignored those complaints but chose to comply (even though the majority of customers were probably not even bothered by it).

Last edited:
Back