How real parents of sex-abused kids react!

MJJFan105

Proud Member
This is how the real parents of a sex-abused kid react! Not like Evan Chandler wanting money and run away and not corroborate with the DA and police.

This is an important discussion to have. For a few years, my job was typing transcriptions of police interviews with kids who had been molested. I heard literally hundreds of stories (from kids ranging in age from 3 to 19), and while obviously everybody responds differently to these things, the MJ accusers' stories are vastly different from anything I encountered during the time I had that job. Even in cases where they reported abuse that had happened years prior, there weren't the inconsistencies we're seeing from Robson and Safechuck.

Oprah recently did a video slamming people who have questions about the accusations, saying people think "oh, if the person can't remember if it happened on Wednesday or Thursday, then it must not have happened." Not how skepticism and questioning works in these cases. Even in situations where people are reporting it years later, they still know about what year it happened based on their approximate age at the time (this is why the train station thing is the most damning in my mind) and typically what time of year in general. (The interviewer finds this out by asking how old they were when it happened, followed by questions like "was it hot or cold outside? do you remember if you were in school or on a break? was it a school day or a weekend? do you remember if it was before or after *insert holiday here*?" etc.) No one is asking people to remember the exact date and time that abuse occurred, but it is reasonable to think that, unless it happened with an extremely young child (like a baby or toddler), they would be able to narrow down at least a general time.

Sorry that kind of got to be a long-winded thing. This whole thing just frustrates me because I know quite a bit about what happens when people report this kind of abuse, and it seems like a lot of people who believe the accusations just don't.

Oh, something else that occurred to me that I should mention here: I actually know a teacher who went to jail for having sex with students. We went to grad school together, and although I never would have guessed that she would specifically do that, she was always super weird about sexuality and especially about LGBT people. (For example, I'm asexual and nonbinary, and she gave me endless shit about that; this is not someone I was ever friends with.) She was a Bible thumper with a husband and kids, so not someone that most people would expect to do that, but she was also a very aggressive person who never seemed to think about how her actions affect other people. It's just crazy because she did this not too long after we graduated, and now she'll never be able to teach or work with students in any capacity again. She basically threw away her entire education only a little over a year after finishing it.

So is she considered a pedophile or a child molestor? How many years in prison did she got?

So is she considered a pedophile or a child molestor? How many years in prison did she got?

Are you asking about the person I know? She was charged with multiple counts of statutory rape. This happened back in October and she's still in jail awaiting trial, so I don't know yet how much prison time, if any, she will get. I do know that at least one of the times she did it was out in public (in a cemetery, ugh) and someone else saw it, so there's going to be at least one other witness besides the students she did stuff with whenever the trial does happen. I would link to the news article, but we went to a fairly small college together, and I don't want someone to use this to figure out who I am IRL.

Back