This Whole Internet Unity / Era

wendijane

Proud Member
I mean , well ...the fact that celebs nowadays can actually be on your friends list , for me , is mind blowing..it looks like we are in the twilight zone at times :rofl:
For your fave celeb to just "mingle" in with just "normal people"
To have *name your celeb* next to your Best Child hood Friend/Dad/Brother/ Sister/ Mother/ Donald Trump/Vince Neil/Pet Hamster is strange is it not?
Is it not strange i could tell Richard Marx exactly what i thought of him within an instant if i wanted to ? or "Like" what Ellie goulding has just tweeted ?
IS IT NOT STRANGE TO TWEET TO MICHAEL'S FRIENDS MAC ? BRETT AND TELL THEM JUST INSTANTLY JUST A THANK YOU FOR BEING A TRUE FRIEND ? you know?

.. The "instance of it all " Its insane. Feel like im in the TwighLight Zone at times :unsure:... it would be though because its the generation gap i suppose:rolleyes:.
For me it still takes some time getting used to , im still fully not used to it , yes i know Michael used to say he was a normal guy i get that i do, right . but actually ,, having the means to interact with celebs on a ... daily basis or have the option to " hang on a second , ill just tweet to so and so and ask them " or
" yeah hold on mate , im just gonna message Skrillex and say oh you look cute today , i love your recent post"... without having to search for a po box , a stamp , write your letter and wonder for months / years LOL oh did it ever get to them :rofl:nah ,, the speed of what we can do ....that takes some time getting used to!....

Thats something most 35 /40+ year old supporters , probably only understand though. that whole feeling. Fan cubs by POST! a mailing address ! ....You would be elite to be in one of those back in the days :rofl:..Anyone remember those guys ? Thoughts?

s-l300.jpg
-3678205691977309928.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg
il_794xN.1091476461_h3ej.jpg
IRON_MAIDEN_FAN%2BCLUB%2BFORM%2B-%2BAUTOGRAPHED-650620b.jpg

I think if I were a celeb I would stay the hell away from social media lol. Mostly because of haters, and your comments showing up in news articles and being twisted. Some choose not to have social media accounts, which is probably wise. But yeah, it is kind of cool to send a message to someone your a fan of, even if most of the time they probably don't read it.

Ooh! I have a good story about this! Penn Jillette (from Penn & Teller) and I follow each other on Twitter, and the way that came to be is hilarious. (Bit of backstory: when they do card tricks, they always use the 3 of clubs.) I like to knit, and one time I made a pair of fingerless gloves with the 3 of clubs on them. Penn commented and said he loved them, so I sent him a pair. I guess he had forgotten about our previous discussion, because he DMed he and said "I got the things you sent me. Thanks! What are they?" I reminded him about the fingerless gloves, and his reply was "Okay, thanks, I thought maybe they went on my balls.":rofl:

Back