Michael vs Beyoncé

MJPoetryFan

Proud Member
I didn’t know where to put this but who else finds it funny that Beyoncé fans like to test the waters on Twitter every few months by asking if she’s better than Michael....yet? 😂😂😂

No....but check again in 6 months😂😂 The answer will still be a resounding NO!!! but if you want to play and lose every time, by all means it’s your time to waste.

Whatever option is given 'Like' is almost always going to end up winning. Way more people like tweets than retweet them.

Right . I think that many people are liking for liking the tweet itself . Has the poll done correctly (with a real chart ) Michael would be the one winning , this tweet is confusing people .

Right . I think that many people are liking for liking the tweet itself . Has the poll done correctly (with a real chart ) Michael would be the one winning , this tweet is confusing people .
I wouldn't pay it much mind, it's just a twitter poll by some random. It doesn't mean anything. It is funny though.

I wouldn't pay it much mind, it's just a twitter poll by some random. It doesn't mean anything. It is funny though.

Yeah but i hate it when Michael loses .I always want him to win no matter what lol .

Yeah but i hate it when Michael loses .I always want him to win no matter what lol .
Well he definitely won, no matter what the random poll says, lol. Michael will never be beaten or even matched. His incredible talent, showmanship, influence, and fame was on another level. No one else comes close. That's just the truth, whether the Beyonce fans accept it or not.

Lol all this goes to show is that Michael is still the standard. He's the blueprint that all pop stars today are measured by. Mike's the g.o.a.t and no "Twitter" poll can change that.

If you were alive when Michael was in his prime and when Beyonce was in her prime you don't need to even ask the question. It's not close.

I always wonder why these people compare Beyoncé to Michael, instead of Janet. I know Michael is the standard for which every-man or woman- compared; however, comparing Bey to Janet or Madonna would make more sense, since they are all woman.

Beyonce is a huge artist, will eventually go down as a musical icon
. But Michael was the last of the living LEGENDS!

Beyonce was made.from the clothes of Michael Jackson, that's where her magic comes from.. He IS that magic in fullness.

That's where the connection is.. it is only when you've lived I'm the era where men and legends can live together to truly understand that.

somewhereinthedark;4255750 said:
I always wonder why these people compare Beyoncé to Michael, instead of Janet. I know Michael is the standard for which every-man or woman- compared; however, comparing Bey to Janet or Madonna would make more sense, since they are all woman.

KOPV;4255751 said:
Beyonce is a huge artist, will eventually go down as a musical icon
. But Michael was the last of the living LEGENDS!

Beyonce was made.from the clothes of Michael Jackson, that's where her magic comes from.. He IS that magic in fullness.

That's where the connection is.. it is only when you've lived I'm the era where men and legends can live together to truly understand that.

The connection & comparison between MJ & Beyoncé comes from these main factors:

- MJ & Beyoncé emerged from groups (Jackson 5, Destiny’s Child)
- MJ & Beyoncé had their strict father as their manager in those groups (Joe Jackson, Mathew Knowles)
- MJ & Beyoncé are known for their singing, songwriting & dancing abilities
- MJ & Beyoncé have the same music genre, which is primarily pop
- MJ & Beyoncé created music that transcends all races
- MJ & Beyoncé have huge marketing machines behind them
- MJ & Beyoncé are known for their large-scale, theatrical performances
- MJ & Beyoncé created their own rules in music industry
- MJ & Beyoncé are two names known in every corner of the world

Despite these common elements, I have to say that this comparison between these two stars never made sense to me, because I consider MJ to be in a league of his own.

mj_frenzy;4255754 said:
- MJ & Beyoncé created their own rules in music industry
- MJ & Beyoncé are two names known in every corner of the world

I would argue against these two :D

Being known all over the world post YouTube vs
Pre internet are two complete different levels of reach..

A youtuber can be known all over in the matter of a dumb dance move like the "floss"..

The music industry is totally different, no one is camping out overnight for an album.. they wait for eastern time downloads and simply press a button..

People seem to forget what a different world we live in. There will never be legends created on the same level as before..

It's also a generations thing. I think the majority of people on this planet still do not use social media and are not in tune with what's going on in the pop music circus. (Even in the western world). Michael's reach was and is still way beyond that. You'll hardly find a grandmother who has never heard of Michael Jackson... but Beyonce? Outside of the USA? I'm sure half the people in my little town here have never heard of her nor care for this type of music.

Who cares what the current twitter obsessed generation believe? Michael Jackson singlehandedly saved the music industry in 1983 with Thriller.

Nobody will ever be on Michael Jackson's level as a musician or as a performer. To call him legendary is almost an insult due to how much of an understatement the term is when talking about Mike

He went toe to toe with the most impactful and iconic singers and musicians and out sold and outshone them time and again.
I don't believe anyone will ever be on Michael's level personally, let alone Beyoncé, who I believe to be overrated by a generation starved of originality and talent

Yawnnn. MJ has been going through this since the 70's. From who is better from Donny Osmond, Slyvers, to the 80's, the 90's,2000's, and now. Look at this way, MJ has been gone for 10 YEARS and people still talk about his as if he is still alive and still on top of the charts with the current top to acts. That says it all. Move on.

This bey > mj thing has been around since I was in college. And that was 8 or 9 years ago.

They are (whoever they are) really pushing it, aren't they? ???

somewhereinthedark;4255750 said:
Because Michael is the GIANT.

What's important is that MJ is getting MAD LOVE on Twitter right now. His name's been dragged through the mud in the last months, but yet people still love and respect him and are battling for him against one of the most popular artists today (with a squeaky clean image).

That here speaks volumes to me about how big and LOVED he is and will always be and that there is no "muting" him. The haters have failed (once again).

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Has Beyoncé Overtaken Michael Jackson as the Most Important Black Artist of Our Time? <a href="https://t.co/UgNSvSERbQ">https://t.co/UgNSvSERbQ</a></p>&mdash; Variety (@Variety) <a href="https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1132014747052859393?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 24, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comparing Beyonce to Michael is beyond ridicoulous... Michael was a global superstar, while Beyonce is quite ignored in some parts of the world.
I don't see this huge hysteria/fan base/admiration for Beyonce not even here in Europe.

Comparing Beyonce to Michael is beyond ridicoulous... Michael was a global superstar, while Beyonce is quite ignored in some parts of the world.
I don't see this huge hysteria/fan base/admiration for Beyonce not even here in Europe.

It does make me wonder who is behind this PR thing to constantly ask if Beyonce is better than MJ - yet :devil::stop: If this is being done for Beyonce by her PR people - MJ's throne might have suffered some bullets but rest assured - there won't be any hostile take over for this throne..bye bye Felica.

Yawnnn. MJ has been going through this since the 70's. From who is better from Donny Osmond, Slyvers, to the 80's, the 90's,2000's, and now. Look at this way, MJ has been gone for 10 YEARS and people still talk about his as if he is still alive and still on top of the charts with the current top to acts. That says it all. Move on.

No wonder he felt the pressure to beat Thriller. Not that I feel he was preoccupied by it but it was the elephant in the room everytime he'd go into the studio.

I like some of Beyoncé songs. i wouldn't say i'm a big fan of her but her and michael did meet each other and he had a crush on her. so i really feel people shouldn't compare these two. they both different artists. Michael will always be one of the best entertainers in the world.

IDK why everyone has to 'VS.' Michael..

He mentored many artists and always advocated for good art.

The fact everyone has to VS. Michael and not another person, says everything you have to know.

MJPoetryFan;4258746 said:
It does make me wonder who is behind this PR thing to constantly ask if Beyonce is better than MJ - yet :devil::stop: If this is being done for Beyonce by her PR people - MJ's throne might have suffered some bullets but rest assured - there won't be any hostile take over for this throne..bye bye Felica.

I don’t believe this is being done. Y Beyoncé’s PR department. It is her FANS. She has never said a bad word about Michael and always does tributes to him and respects him. Again, it is her fans.

Being known all over the world post YouTube vs
Pre internet are two complete different levels of reach..

A youtuber can be known all over in the matter of a dumb dance move like the "floss"..

The music industry is totally different, no one is camping out overnight for an album.. they wait for eastern time downloads and simply press a button..

People seem to forget what a different world we live in. There will never be legends created on the same level as before..

Co sign. It is a truly different world. I always feel that M would not like nor understand the point of how the industry has changed. I honestly dont think he would like downloads or god forbid, live streams. I feel he would have been frustrated about leaks. I couldnt not ever see him use Instagram Twitter or You Tube.

Michael & his showmanship status was truly legendary to witness. The magic, and above all the mystery that he kept going for us.This will never , and can never be re-created, backtracked nor repeated . Nor would i want it to be.

Sorry back on topic. No, beyonce is no where near M status . :wtf2: M stands alone. Beyonce is more of a Tina Turner/ Donna Summer figure to me.

Back