IS Dangerous performance from 2002 edited?

lubyss

Proud Member
Hey… First in first I love this performance even it is not with the best energy, but this audio version is the best for me…

I´ve noticed in this video something strange…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCP...rgE516-vI6FZHhaL6jfVo7IXam20Y-oLZzk5VMiIZEazU

If you look closely at thime 3:43 and 3:44 it looks like it is edited… His head andleft hand is not in the same position.. I mean he can´t change it in a frame that fast... It is obviously edited, cutted…

but my question is from where or why? It was only one performance and I highly doubt that on the rehearsals was audience in there… So it couldn´t be mixed with rehearsals…

any ideas? :)

I replied to this on Twitter but I figured I might as well register & reply here (y)

I think you're probably right. I took frames of the cut between camera angles & the dancer on the ground's legs (on the left) are already up as well. TV specials like this are on a very strict timeframe so I wouldn't be surprised if they cut out 1 or 2 "Dangerous!"s to shave off a few seconds for airtime.

D4qTAyWUcAATTvK.jpg:large

As far as I remember, he performed it TWO times before this audience, because he wasn't happy with the first. So likely the best of both was edited together. (This TV show was not broadcast live.)

Last edited:
as i know MJ performed twice in a row there, cause his leg was hurting and he wasnt happy with the performance. correct me if i'm wrong

Oh really? I didn´t know he performed it twice in a row…

Electro;4255765 said:
As far as I remember, he performed it TWO times before this audience, because he wasn't happy with the first. So likely the best of both was edited together. (This TV show was not broadcast live.)

Dudex;4255766 said:
as i know MJ performed twice in a row there, cause his leg was hurting and he wasnt happy with the performance. correct me if i'm wrong

lubyss;4255768 said:
Oh really? I didn´t know he performed it twice in a row…

Yes, he did perform twice in a row the ‘Dangerous’ song at that American Bandstand event.

Right after the end of the first performance, MJ said to Dick Clark backstage that he was not fully satisfied with his performance & he asked Clark to do a second one.

Clark agreed.

Also, for the second performance, the audience was asked to move closer to the stage so as to give a more exciting feeling to the performance.

There are plenty of freely available screenshots on the Internet from both performances at that event for anyone who is interested in comparing them.

Back