Article 13/17 will cause problems to upload MJ videos on YouTube

Article 13/17 will cause problems to upload MJ videos on YouTube and other bad things

I can't really post any details about it in english cause I followed this thing only in my language: German.
But I think this copy right reform which is now definitly passed by the EU Parlament will caused many problems to upload MJ videos on youtube.

This will maybe the last golden year for MJvideo uploads on YouTube and this includes MJdefending videos and LNdebunking videos.

I hope that MJ videos which were uploaded in the past on YouTube are not affected from the law.

Last edited:
YouTube already has content filters active since a while.
I don't think all that much will change regarding MJ.
And this will also only affect people within the EU.

Changes will be bigger for small online communities within the EU, as they somehow will have to play along with the filtering.

this will affect only UE territory. Anyway we can use VPN to avoid it.

The uploaders from some bigger and important MJchannels live in the EU!
Think about some MJ channels you know and where the Uploaders are living!
Think also about where some people who make now debunking videos about LN or in the past about the other accusation cases are living.
I know that the most of uploaders my favorite MJ channels live in the EU and some of them did very important work in the last years like LunaJo/Jolanda eductionwise, in Remastering videos and so on.

Last edited:
That's one of the thousand reasons why I don't like the EU... I can't wait for the next elections in May, maybe it's possible to change something.

That's one of the thousand reasons why I don't like the EU... I can't wait for the next elections in May, maybe it's possible to change something.

Just don't fall for any right wing populists. All they want is to destroy what they don't understand, but never have solutions for anything. See Brexit.

And this upload filter thing is through already.

It's a far more complex subject than little YouTube Kiddies being brainwashed into thinking "the bad EU wants to kill our internet". There has been a silly anti-EU fear compaign about this over here.

^
Yes, sadly this law about internet is already done.
If this law is the kind of things this leftist parliament do, why we should keep it?
There are far more important subjects than this to discuss in EU parliament, first of all illegal immigration, then unfair higher taxes in some countries and low in some other.
But for them the priority is the internet, ha.

Anyway, if I upload an MJ video, am I liable to a fine?

Last edited:
^
Yes, sadly this law about internet is already done.
If this law is the kind of things this leftist parliament do, why we should keep it?
There are far more important subjects than this to discuss in EU parliament, first of all illegal immigration, then unfair higher taxes in some countries and low in some other.
But for them the priority is the internet, ha.

Anyway, if I upload an MJ video, am I liable to a fine?

No, unless you provide a download, at max the video at YouTube will be blocked.

People today are just all about me me me *selfie* me me *look at me uploading this and that* me me me... not looking at the full picture. The initial thought behind this is to protect the rights of creators of original content, which have been completely under the bus for too long now.

Let's not go into a full EU discussion here... but I'll say this:
The EU may not be perfect and will never be perfect for every single country in it, but this collective is all our only chance to play a role in world economics in the future. It's no solution to run after right wing populists who give quick simple answers to complex long-term problems, saying they want to turn back the clock to "good old times". They only play with peoples fears and lack of knowledge of how this complex world works today.

Last edited:
Back