After MJ’s death, what song was the hardest to listen to?

MJPoetryFan

Proud Member
I’ve been a life long fan of MJ’s and while over the years, I’ve come to love some of his song as I got older that I didn’t love at first (ie; ) like Human Nature (I know right? How crazy) ...It is now one of my favourite songs of his.

My first question is: What songs have you come to love more as an older fan?

The one song I immediately wanted to listen to after MJ’s passing was Music and Me - Ben and of course, Will You Be There. The lyrics gives me chills to this day😢

My Second question for all of you is: What songs did you instinctively gravitate to listen to after his passing?

3Ts 'I Need You', easily. I was singing it to the TV when Michael was in hospital.

Heaven Can Wait. It's a song I can't listen to. I always skip that song.

The song I've learned to like was Stranger In Moscow.

It is so weird the songs that become our top favourites. SIM was an instant like for me actually.

Music and Me was difficult for me even before he died. Gone Too Soon is one that I still have a really hard time with now.

Since people are discussing Stranger in Moscow, here's my take: the Michael Jackson ONE Cirque show gave me a whole new appreciation for that song. Before seeing that, I could kind of take it or leave it, but now it's one that I never skip.

I was lucky enough to see the Cirque show when it was still touring before it’s permanent residence in Vegas. What a great show. I’d love it if the estate took the show on the road again🙏🏻

MJPoetryFan;4256156 said:
I was lucky enough to see the Cirque show when it was still touring before it’s permanent residence in Vegas. What a great show. I’d love it if the estate took the show on the road again����

I never got to see Immortal, which was the touring show. Was SIM in that show, too?! MJ ONE is the show at Mandalay Bay in Vegas, and I don't think it ever toured. It would be amazing if it did someday, though!

Oh yes, you are right. It was the Immortal tour. saw it so long ago (after MJ passed). Trying to think back now if SIM was played and I cannot remember ?

Oh yes, you are right. It was the Immortal tour. saw it so long ago (after MJ passed). Trying to think back now if SIM was played and I cannot remember ?

Unfortunately Stranger wasn't performed. Would've been cool though.

3Ts 'I Need You', easily. I was singing it to the TV when Michael was in hospital.

Aww! I yelled "Michael" at the movie screen in the theater during This Is It when he is performing I'll Be There and he is singing "Just call my naame, and I'll be there".

Billie Jean as it always remembers me sadness of the months starting in June 2009,this song was everywhere and as I was a new fan (I was 13)it was a first song I learnt as a fan

I been a fan since i was a child but it's not hard for me to listen to any of his songs though. i know that he is gone. but his music will still live on. my mother favorite song is human nature. it's was really hard for my mother to listen to that song when he pass. :( she loves Michael. Michael was her first love. she still listen to his music and gets very happy when his music plays and she so peaceful when she listen to his songs. her relationship with Michael is adorable and i'm very proud to be apart of this community. i thank her for raising me to his music.

thank you Michael. we love you and miss you very much. :heart:

Honestly I didn't really have this problem.
Although I must admit I still find it tough to listen to Someone In The Dark some days. Hauntingly beautiful, especially the part starting "oh I believe you and I, could never really say goodbye" he sings that part in particular perfectly

Back