Why Do People Sexualize Michael?

NatureCriminal7896

Proud Member
I'm gonna admit Michael was very attractive man. but did he like his fans doing sexual stuff to him? from looking Michael said he wasn't that kind of guy. but it also make me think why he did some sexual stuff?

what looked sexual to us wasn't actually sexual to him?

Re: Why do people sexaulize Michael?

Not a clue. I could be biased because I'm asexual myself, but I get a strong impression that Michael fell somewhere under the asexual umbrella. (Since this has really only become well-known in the mainstream within the past decade or so, I'm not surprised he never publicly identified with it; lots of aces go a long time without realizing there are others like them.) That would perfectly explain why he didn't see things as sexual when other people did, and why he didn't have many sexual/romantic relationships. (I actually wrote my master's thesis on asexuality, and I have a footnote describing these points about how it relates to Michael.)

It's so odd to me to see/hear people calling Michael sexy, but that kind of talk honestly strikes me as odd no matter who the subject is; I just don't relate to it. (Honestly, a lot of times I forget that sex is even a thing people do, and it's hard to wrap my brain around the fact that it's a real thing and not just like a running joke in society. I would not be surprised at all if Michael had a similar thought process.)

Maybe your right. but Michael said he didn't like to be label that way and he was a very spiritual. i think that's something we should let Michael decide. not really us. no hate on either sides.

I just remember Michael was exposed to all that stuff at young age he said that why he didn't like that sort of stuff. he been exposed to all that stuff as a child he didn't need to see that stuff again as a adult. Michael didn't have a childhood.

But then you think of the gold pants.... lol! maybe he was secretly a "freak" but he didn't do that type of stuff because he was exposed to all that stuff at a young age plus he was a spiritual man. he did have intercourse with Lisa Marie and she said he was a very passionate and they had it all the time before they got a divorce. so i don't know.

Last edited:
I always believed MJ was more asexual. I just never really got the feeling sex interested him as far as being in love and marriage stuff. I do believe he leaned more heterosexual but I don’t feel MJ put much importance on sex. I believe he’s had sex, but I don’t think it drove him like other men. I feel he was more about spiritual connections and not sexual.

I don’t know a lot about sexual abuse and the pattern of a pedophile but a really big reason I never believed any of the allegations is because of my theory above - that sex wasn’t a driving force in his life so I don’t believe he was attracted to boys.

MJPoetryFan;4256157 said:
I always believed MJ was more asexual. I just never really got the feeling sex interested him as far as being in love and marriage stuff. I do believe he leaned more heterosexual but I don’t feel MJ put much importance on sex. I believe he’s had sex, but I don’t think it drove him like other men. I feel he was more about spiritual connections and not sexual.

Exactly this! Some aces will get married and have sex (especially if they want to have kids, like Michael did), so that doesn't necessarily mean he wasn't ace. I don't really understand why non-ace people insert sex into everything, and I don't think he did, either.

Something really interesting about Michael: the way he interacted with kids is really similar to the way Mark Twain spent time with kids. (That's why this came up in my thesis; I have a MA in English and wrote about historical depictions of asexuality.) Look this up, especially in Volume 3 of his autobiography. When I took a class on Twain, the professor frequently compared Twain to Michael in this way and even said Twain comes across as very asexual. (At that time, he didn't even know that was an actual identity, and he was fascinated when I talked with him about it. This is ultimately what inspired my thesis topic.) Twain was friends with lots of kids, gave them gifts, and even shared his bed with them, but there's no indication that there was anything sexual about it. Some people just don't see things in a sexual way, and especially in today's world, most people just don't understand or accept that.

Very interesting. I did not know that at all about Twain. As for Michael, like I explained, Imo, sex was never an underlying conscience thought.

Do you remember when MJ responded to Diane Sawyer about the abuse claims? He went on about if you’re thinking sexual, that is the crazy down the road (or something to that affect) “that’s not Michael Jackson. I’m not even interested in that” That comment for me, I feel he was talking about sex in general but no one to this day I’ve seen picked up on that or brought that up to give the theory MJ might have been asexual.

As I also said, I believe he was hetro but I think his creative self was more powerful than his sexual side. His spiritual being was beyond anything society in our lifetime, will ever comprehend.

One thing is undeniable: Michael was a very sensual man.

But if he was asexual, then why he had so much sexuality in his art?

His art in general is full of sexual innuendos & messages which contradict the theory of him being asexual.

Especially after he withdrew from the Jehovah's Witnesses religion in 1987 (that particular religion has very strict rules which constrain sexuality).

Aside from his art itself, there are also many events or accounts that show MJ was not asexual also in his casual, personal life.

He was dating Tatum O’Neal.

He even used to swim with her in the swimming pool.

Or, Pharrell Williams' revelation regarding a particular incident about MJ & two gorgeous women.

On other occasions, MJ was seen being playful in his limousine with women.

Or, the incident in the Bashir’s documentary where he candidly kissed a German girl (who asked to hug him) on the lips.

Oh. Mmmmm……. maybe he wasn't asexual at all but he was very spiritual. i don't know.

You know what? your right about the German lady! i saw that on youtube! she asked for a hug and Michael said he would give more then a hug. i saw that i was like: "ooooo." LOL! maybe he wasn't asexual at all. i guess he just very spiritual. plus he didn't have a childhood so.

From looking at all the stuff he did. yes he was. maybe he was just shy and embarrassed about it. i'm kind of like that too. when i see something sexual i usually get a shame by it. not like i hate it but you get what i'm saying.

There are no contradictions between spirituality and sexuality. A person can be both very sexual and very spiritual. Some people even see sex as one of the many expressions of spirituality. MJ was a very sexual individual. His art and dance speak for themselves. Have you seen The Way You Make Me Feel video ? the final segment of Black or White ? The way he grabbed his scrotch on stage ? The sensuality of his moves ? If there was a contradiction in the image he was showing, it has to be the sexual figure Vs the childlike character. And that's this contradiction that fascinated the fans. But once again, there are no contradictions between sex and spirituality. You can be both.

Most people are sexual beings, his style and dancing at time was very sexual. It's natural to sexualize an individual you find sexy (or not) if 1. You have a sex drive 2. Someone is doing sexualized movements.

Asexual or not, grabbing your crotch and thrusting is going to be sexualized. Idk why its thought of as negitive.. sexuality is not ugly!

Why do people sexualize attractive people? Like, seriously? This isn't some new phenom.

MJ bought into it, too. He knew he was a good looking man and moved sensually for the right song/video. Him being religious is irrelevent.

Also, what fans think/do is out of his control.

Hahahahaha i guess your right. but he always said that he hate his smile and that he was shy. everything he did on stage was for his fans. when he got off stage he was a different person. so i don't know. probably will never know. yes you can be sexy and spiritual but at a stopped point. and that's what he did. that's why Michael got so mad when his fans did dirty stuff but he only did it for fun and like you said in videos.

That's true but i think that's disrespecting him.

Staff Announcement:

It is against the rules of MJJC to disrespect Michael, his family, STAFF and other members on the board.
Continued disregard for these rules by anyone will result in infractions and/or time out.

Thank you for your co-operation.

The Admin/Moderation Team

Will you pair (1nn5/JC08) give it a rest...clearly you don't like each other so why don't you just put each other on ignore? You're spoiling things for others here so a word of warning you need to be cutting it out or further action will be taken, oh and 1nn5 don't bring my moderating team into things, just because certain members continue to post things you don't agree with does not mean my staff supports them, they act according to the community rules 'Nothing more' so do NOT throw your petty stones at them please.

Anyway back on topic...

I'm gonna admit Michael was very attractive man. but did he like his fans doing sexual stuff to him? from looking Michael said he wasn't that kind of guy. but it also make me think why he did some sexual stuff?

Are you chinese?

That could be an excuse, for you, since you ask some really WEIRD and maybe some would say, just naive questions.... and you don't seem to stop.... how many threads did you just start up?

STOP IT!

Are you chinese?

That could be an excuse, for you, since you ask some really WEIRD and maybe some would say, just naive questions.... and you don't seem to stop.... how many threads did you just start up?

STOP IT!

That is a bit offensive to Chinese people, therefore do not make such an analogy again please, the Chinese are very good decent people who deserver better than to be used as ammo in some petty argument.

Ok, how does this question have anything to do with someone being Chinese?

This was a really interesting thread (especially to me, given my personal background and academic work I've done), and people keep derailing it.

It really is an interesting idea: supposing Michael was asexual and had been aware and out about it, I have to wonder what effect that might have had on the ace community. On the one hand, it would be epic to have the most famous person ever as "one of us," but on the other hand, it would probably make all the MJ haters hate ace people, unfortunately. I will say that, while initial studies put asexuals as 1% of people, now more recent studies are showing more like 5% to 7%. There's more of us out there than you realize!

I feel like because they take Michael as an enigma, they read too much into certain aspects to fit their theory. You can be sexual at one time but not find it appropriate to be in the next. The same way you wouldn't so much as hug your boss at work or show PDA in the street but be all for it in the context of your own home.

The same way Michael could be sexual on stage but find it odd if some fan tried to grab at him.

I think he played into his sexuality in performance but in private who wants somebody overly aggressive coming on to them.

Also think about us seeing him grow in a 40 year career. When his religious convictions and age changed so would his expression of sexuality, he would become less shy about expressing it. See the way he'd blush up a storm at award shows and speeches when woman were screaming for him versus his performances. Hell, sometimes he was straight pervy in the zaddy years (eg. Invincible signing, checking women out and openly commenting on their bodies from his limo).

Gaz;4256607 said:
That is a bit offensive to Chinese people, therefore do not make such an analogy again please, the Chinese are very good decent people who deserver better than to be used as ammo in some petty argument.

Believe me, I have had some friends, and acquaintances (and still have) from China. And they are very direct, and straight to the point, and ask questions, that are right in the face! So it's not offensive, it's just the way it is. It's also part of why I like them.
But here we are talking Michael, who we all love and adore, and respect. And if you know me, you might have noticed, that I haven't excactly been the one to ever step over a line.... in anyway!! on this forum! EVER! I have always seen it as a nice place to hang out, which I didn't want to ruin in ANY way.... I always kept to the, I would almost say: American way of politeness, - where you are as respectful as: "A Jackson!!" funny enough.... now here comes my point. As of lately, you have all these new accounts, with people asking the most dumb, and stupid "don't even go there" "I would never be so disrespecful" kind-of-noncense questions.....!!! Like this: "did he like his fans doing sexual stuff to him?"... I HOPE I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE, who finds this SIMPLY EMBARRASSING, to the core!!
You might be happy, that there are now new members and activity, but at least, let us fight back, if some of them are just troublemakers… I can read, just from seeing the user name - that this is not a fan! NatureCriminal and some numbers… - seems like a person (who just knows that Smooth Criminal was one of his songs… ), and who wants to ask all those "let's paint Michael as not so innocent" questions…. there have also been plenty of topics on his look and plastic surgery…. I mean… if you allow people to ask anything… then, you should also allow people to fight hard back… and I'm at the point now, where… it's either honesty…. or…. simply… I loose interest..! For me the forum gets ruined, this way…. I respect Michael so much… let's pretend he SAW those topics here… about his look, wouldn't he be sad, you think? This forum (thank you) was a FORCE during 2004 and 2005!!!! You rocked it!! I opened my account, in Cali - at the trial….!! (or leading up to it, rather)

Example: let's say the next topic is: "What do you think about this operation blabla?"
Then my answer (now the honest version) would be: "Why the HECK do we need to discuss this? Don't you like Michael the way he is? Why are you here?"
- and then I would seem like the rude one! You know how it is…. you can't fight the stupidity, unless you really FIGHT IT….. like what Taj and Brandi are doing…. go out now, and be honest!
Does this make sense, I'm pretty tired….

Are you chinese?

STOP IT!

uuuh. you don't have read my questions. you know. i'm new here and have mental delays. no i'm not chinese but even if i was that's very disrespectful. you know being chinese doesn't make anyone stupid. by fact chinese people are very smart human beings by the way. that's very rude and racist what you said. and pretty sure MJ wouldn't like it at all.

Are you chinese?

STOP IT!

I find it funny that your signature says heal the world. but you not healing the world at all what you just said.

i personally feel only someone who actually knew the man personally can speak to his sexuality as he kept this part very quiet and close to his chest. i dont for a second believe he was asexual he may have been paranoid as he grew older making him less comfortable around strange women but no one can say he didnt have a secret lover. these ppl were made to sign NDA's and if they spoke the estate will come for them. privately they may talk but never to us the public. so labeling him is just wrong. ps we have been privvy to most of his exwife's shenanigans enough to know she wouldnt marry a dude who wouldnt have sex with her, so stop fooling yourselves into believing he died a virgin, its ridiculous.

Back