Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do People Sexualize Michael?

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registered5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thanks

Question Why Do People Sexualize Michael?

I'm gonna admit Michael was very attractive man. but did he like his fans doing sexual stuff to him? from looking Michael said he wasn't that kind of guy. but it also make me think why he did some sexual stuff?

what looked sexual to us wasn't actually sexual to him?

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Why do people sexaulize Michael?

Not a clue. I could be biased because I'm asexual myself, but I get a strong impression that Michael fell somewhere under the asexual umbrella. (Since this has really only become well-known in the mainstream within the past decade or so, I'm not surprised he never publicly identified with it; lots of aces go a long time without realizing there are others like them.) That would perfectly explain why he didn't see things as sexual when other people did, and why he didn't have many sexual/romantic relationships. (I actually wrote my master's thesis on asexuality, and I have a footnote describing these points about how it relates to Michael.)

It's so odd to me to see/hear people calling Michael sexy, but that kind of talk honestly strikes me as odd no matter who the subject is; I just don't relate to it. (Honestly, a lot of times I forget that sex is even a thing people do, and it's hard to wrap my brain around the fact that it's a real thing and not just like a running joke in society. I would not be surprised at all if Michael had a similar thought process.)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nantucket Cat For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registered5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thanks

Maybe your right. but Michael said he didn't like to be label that way and he was a very spiritual. i think that's something we should let Michael decide. not really us. no hate on either sides.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

I just remember Michael was exposed to all that stuff at young age he said that why he didn't like that sort of stuff. he been exposed to all that stuff as a child he didn't need to see that stuff again as a adult. Michael didn't have a childhood.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

But then you think of the gold pants.... lol! maybe he was secretly a "freak" but he didn't do that type of stuff because he was exposed to all that stuff at a young age plus he was a spiritual man. he did have intercourse with Lisa Marie and she said he was a very passionate and they had it all the time before they got a divorce. so i don't know.
    Last edited by NatureCriminal7896; 24-04-2019 at 11:39 PM.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Level
    Thanks

I always believed MJ was more asexual. I just never really got the feeling sex interested him as far as being in love and marriage stuff. I do believe he leaned more heterosexual but I don’t feel MJ put much importance on sex. I believe he’s had sex, but I don’t think it drove him like other men. I feel he was more about spiritual connections and not sexual.

I don’t know a lot about sexual abuse and the pattern of a pedophile but a really big reason I never believed any of the allegations is because of my theory above - that sex wasn’t a driving force in his life so I don’t believe he was attracted to boys.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MJPoetryFan For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MJPoetryFan View Post
    I always believed MJ was more asexual. I just never really got the feeling sex interested him as far as being in love and marriage stuff. I do believe he leaned more heterosexual but I don’t feel MJ put much importance on sex. I believe he’s had sex, but I don’t think it drove him like other men. I feel he was more about spiritual connections and not sexual.
    Exactly this! Some aces will get married and have sex (especially if they want to have kids, like Michael did), so that doesn't necessarily mean he wasn't ace. I don't really understand why non-ace people insert sex into everything, and I don't think he did, either.

Something really interesting about Michael: the way he interacted with kids is really similar to the way Mark Twain spent time with kids. (That's why this came up in my thesis; I have a MA in English and wrote about historical depictions of asexuality.) Look this up, especially in Volume 3 of his autobiography. When I took a class on Twain, the professor frequently compared Twain to Michael in this way and even said Twain comes across as very asexual. (At that time, he didn't even know that was an actual identity, and he was fascinated when I talked with him about it. This is ultimately what inspired my thesis topic.) Twain was friends with lots of kids, gave them gifts, and even shared his bed with them, but there's no indication that there was anything sexual about it. Some people just don't see things in a sexual way, and especially in today's world, most people just don't understand or accept that.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Level
    Thanks

Very interesting. I did not know that at all about Twain. As for Michael, like I explained, Imo, sex was never an underlying conscience thought.

Do you remember when MJ responded to Diane Sawyer about the abuse claims? He went on about if you’re thinking sexual, that is the crazy down the road (or something to that affect) “that’s not Michael Jackson. I’m not even interested in that” That comment for me, I feel he was talking about sex in general but no one to this day I’ve seen picked up on that or brought that up to give the theory MJ might have been asexual.

As I also said, I believe he was hetro but I think his creative self was more powerful than his sexual side. His spiritual being was beyond anything society in our lifetime, will ever comprehend.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MJPoetryFan For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

One thing is undeniable: Michael was a very sensual man.
    The Whole SYSTEM Sucks
    Michael Jackson

13. The Following User Says Thank You to wednesday For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 111
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

But if he was asexual, then why he had so much sexuality in his art?

His art in general is full of sexual innuendos & messages which contradict the theory of him being asexual.

Especially after he withdrew from the Jehovah's Witnesses religion in 1987 (that particular religion has very strict rules which constrain sexuality).

Aside from his art itself, there are also many events or accounts that show MJ was not asexual also in his casual, personal life.

He was dating Tatum O’Neal.

He even used to swim with her in the swimming pool.

Or, Pharrell Williams' revelation regarding a particular incident about MJ & two gorgeous women.

On other occasions, MJ was seen being playful in his limousine with women.

Or, the incident in the Bashir’s documentary where he candidly kissed a German girl (who asked to hug him) on the lips.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mj_frenzy For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Oh. Mmmmm……. maybe he wasn't asexual at all but he was very spiritual. i don't know.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Michael was very mysterious man

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

You know what? your right about the German lady! i saw that on youtube! she asked for a hug and Michael said he would give more then a hug. i saw that i was like: "ooooo." LOL! maybe he wasn't asexual at all. i guess he just very spiritual. plus he didn't have a childhood so.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

From looking at all the stuff he did. yes he was. maybe he was just shy and embarrassed about it. i'm kind of like that too. when i see something sexual i usually get a shame by it. not like i hate it but you get what i'm saying.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Why Do People Sexualize Michael?

There are no contradictions between spirituality and sexuality. A person can be both very sexual and very spiritual. Some people even see sex as one of the many expressions of spirituality. MJ was a very sexual individual. His art and dance speak for themselves. Have you seen The Way You Make Me Feel video ? the final segment of Black or White ? The way he grabbed his scrotch on stage ? The sensuality of his moves ? If there was a contradiction in the image he was showing, it has to be the sexual figure Vs the childlike character. And that's this contradiction that fascinated the fans. But once again, there are no contradictions between sex and spirituality. You can be both.