Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,261 Times in 1,536 Posts

Default Re: Statement from the Estate of Michael Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by wednesday View Post
    ^They had no business voicing their PERSONAL opinions PUBLICALLY. Keep them to yourselves!
    Anyone with any direct affiliation to Michael Jackson is going to be pressed about LN in interviews, especially the creative team of an as-yet-unfinished Broadway show that will ostensibly narrate his life. Sure, you could argue that they should’ve been more coy, but it’s still a lose-lose situation. Play dumb and you look bad; tip-toe around the question and you look bad; tell the truth and you look bad; lie and you look bad.

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 454
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,114 Times in 772 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysThere View Post
    Jesus Christ, here we go again. I've been taking a break from the MJ world to recharge my batteries, and it looks like I chose a terrible day to return.

Rant incoming.

1. While I wholeheartedly agree that doubters and skeptics of MJ's innocence have no place on the creative team of the Broadway show, the idea that the Estate is somehow in the wrong for moving forward with the playwrights is ridiculous. What do you realistically expect to happen? Firing them over personal opinions would not only be a one-way ticket to wrongful termination lawsuits, but would result in further delays and untold millions in production costs as they'd be force to start from scratch with new writers. There's no way any sort of pre-hire vetting would have been possible since Leaving Neverland premiered well into the musical's development (not to mention that most would take a person's enthusiasm and willingness to work on a Michael Jackson musical as suggestive towards their stance). Publicly condemning them for a viewpoint such as this would be an absolute PR nightmare. Staying silent would imply indifference. And as you've shown here, showing support is akin to looking the other way. So what's left to do? Work with the cards you've been dealt.

In an ideal world the "Reset" button would be smashed and a new team of writers would be brought to the fold. But sometimes what we want isn't always the easiest or smartest decision, and sometimes the just decision isn't the most feasible one.

2. Year by year, the attitude towards new material continues to blur the line between desire and entitlement. So many of you speak as though the Estate owes us this material, and withholding it represents a failure to fulfill their obligations. First off, consider the posthumous catalog that has been curated over the last decade: two documentaries fitted with incredible behind-the-scenes footage, 14 previously unreleased songs (22 if tallying the unheard demos between This Is It and Xscape), MJ's final short film, a concert CD and DVD of what many consider to be his single greatest performance, and an animated Halloween special. Make no mistake, each of these projects are rife with errors and none could be considered "perfect," but it is still a remarkable amount of material. Can Whitney Houston offer a similar post-death repertoire? Amy Winehouse? John Lennon? The Notorious B.I.G.? Elvis?

"There's no reason they couldn't toss a compilation on streaming services as a one-off," some will argue. Have we forgotten The Ultimate Fan Extras Collection, which gave a platform to the first high-quality release of "Shout," the uncut version of "Carousel," several instrumentals, and a myriad of other tracks that hitherto were only available as inferior YouTube rips. A reservoir of new material it was not, but even as a quick resource for certain deep cuts and lesser-known tracks—most of which are obtainable individually—fans still complained. I can't imagine any other outcome.

Secondly, what do you foresee them doing? Several sources with intimate knowledge of the vault report that only a handful of finished songs remain and, assuming their statement from July 2012 upholds, the vast majority of the Estate's concert reservoir is limited to U-Matic tapes, which is capable of video quality akin to a 480p YouTube video. Eventually we will hear the last Michael Jackson song there is to hear, and we will see the last Michael Jackson concert there is to see. Perhaps I'll stand alone here, but I'd much rather have that enjoyment spread out over decades than have it dumped on me all at once.

3. The Estate is currently knee-deep in a $100 million legal battle over a salacious documentary that not only revitalized controversy towards a reputation that had spent the last decade cautiously being reconstructed, but appeared in the eleventh hour and blindsided the Estate, leaving them unable to produce an adequate response. Last I heard, the court case was a round robin of judges backing out over vested interests and personal biases, the first ruling was largely in favor of HBO, and the likelihood of them emerging victorious lessens by the day.

They didn't announce new material in conjunction with the 10th anniversary because that's not where their priorities lie—nor should they. I want the Estate to invest 110% of their time, money, and energy into this lawsuit, not drudging over music or concerts that we don't need.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: as much as I adore this community, currently I'm grateful that the Estate has gone dark, because in my opinion our attitudes are abhorrent, shameful, and embarrassing. I'll stand alongside you and scream at the top of my lungs each and every time the Estate does or says something legitimately stupid, but they've been nothing but incredible since 2019 began. They're taking HBO to court. They've devoted all social media accounts to spreading awareness of MJ's continued influence and achievements (which will have a longer shelf life than anything they could ever release themselves). They're fighting for MJ. They're fighting for US.

And still, we moan and complain because we're not getting new music? Disgusting.
    I simply do not agree.

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IMWhizzle View Post
    I simply do not agree.
    Ditto.

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,284 Times in 705 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Ditto.
    Same, bad take city, haha. Don't really think the rant was justified seeing as about two people have complained about not getting new music in the past three months. The main complaint I have seen is that the people making his musical think he molested children. Which is totally justified. To try and shame people for feeling that way is pretty rich imo.
    Last edited by SmoothGangsta; 30-06-2019 at 12:55 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmoothGangsta For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 248
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 754 Posts

It’s a shame we have to feel and think this way unfortunately. They are sitting on gold. When are Michael’s kids in control? I honestly think that they would do a much better job sharing Michael’s art with the world!
    This. Couldnt agree more. Under new leadership I think we would see much better releases.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Robbsaber01 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,087 Times in 3,658 Posts

On Thursday, 4 July 2019, a court hearing is taking place in the Northern French city of Orleans where the Michael Jackson Community, the MJ Street and On The Line groups will commence proceedings against Wade Robson and James Safechuck, two men who sullied the image of the late singer Michael Jackson in the four- hour HBO documentary Leaving Neverland which aired in March.

The fan groups are taking action in a French court because of French defamation laws.

In the US and UK, libel protection does not extend after death but in France sullying the image of a deceased person is a criminal offense.

French attorney Emmanuel Ludot who is representing the fan groups in the case against Robson and Safechuck has called the allegations against Michael Jackson “extremely serious” and likened them to “a genuine lynching” of Jackson, who died on 25 June 2009.

The fan clubs are seeking symbolic damages of one Euro each.

According to John Branca, Co-Executor of the Estate of Michael Jackson, “The Estate is in full support of Mr. Ludot’s efforts on behalf of Michael and his beloved fans in France and across the globe that the truth shall ultimately prevail. We remain hopeful that a victory in France will soon fuel a movement In the United States to finally explore changes in the law to afford defamation protection for the deceased.”

Copyright © 2019 The MJ Online Team on Behalf Of The Estate of Michael Jackson, All rights reserved.
    MJOnline The Official Online Team of The Michael Jackson Estate™

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paris78 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,261 Times in 1,536 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothGangsta View Post
    Same, bad take city, haha. Don't really think the rant was justified seeing as about two people have complained about not getting new music in the past three months. The main complaint I have seen is that the people making his musical think he molested children. Which is totally justified. To try and shame people for feeling that way is pretty rich imo.
    I've seen nothing but complaints about the lack of new material, be it music or concerts, for years. When Leaving Neverland was first announced, I saw plenty of members suggest that the Estate drop something on Spotify or Netflix as a distraction maneuver! I'd link to some of those comments if doing so didn't require sifting through hundreds of threads and thousands of comments. There are plenty of examples from this thread alone though:

Can’t believe the estate is doing this. Create a project which makes the gap between them and us, the fans, even bigger. New music, HQ concerts, remastered short films sourced from the original reels is what we need. Don’t know what to say anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themidwestcowboy View Post
    I can't believe that the Estate has released 1 [poor quality] full concert since MJ's passing. We're soon passing the 10 year mark. Unbelievable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackson Rules View Post
    Most fans demand worldwide releases (I mean new albums, concerts etc.)
    Why don’t the estate release new music or high quality concerts? They are sitting on gold and they refuse to share it with us.
    Quote Originally Posted by travis3000 View Post
    Oh you'd be surprised what they are sitting on I've heard it with my own ears. If they were able to make the weak Don't Matter To Me a top 10 hit then they indeed have a treasure chest. Some incredible songs are still unheard by the fanbase, songs from the Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, History, and Invincible era plus a handful of newer stuff from 06-09. Just mesmerizing what this man was still coming up with.

There are concerts that could be converted to HQ, released to the masses. Interviews, live studio recordings, etc. They all exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kai View Post
    another year without any good release/any release.
    No new music, concerts, anything? The estate keep surprising me.
    As for the Broadway playwrights controversy, the opening sentence of my rant was, "I wholeheartedly agree that doubters and skeptics of MJ's innocence have no place on the creative team of the Broadway show." I completely empathize with the anger over the situation. What I don't agree with is the current onslaught of "f*ck the Estate" comments, as this is a situation in which there is no correct way to move forward. Firing them is absolutely out of the question, pre-hire vetting would've been impossible, and publicly condemning them is a disastrous PR move. Saying what they said is literally the ONLY THING they could have possibly done, lest they risk wrongful termination lawsuits and/or millions of dollars in delays (which would undoubtedly occur were they to hire new writers).

Look, I'm the first to bitch about the Estate when the opportunity arises. I had a meltdown over Xscape only having two unheard songs, the Cascio situation still bothers the hell out of me, and the Off the Wall reissue was shamefully embarrassing. But right now, there is absolutely nothing to criticize the Estate for, because there is literally nothing they can possibly do.

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entry1000 Experience PointsTagger First Class3 months registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Who own the estate? are their MJ fans or friends etc? cause if their are we would of expect alot unrelease stuff past the years.

a female with depression and mental delays

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,087 Times in 3,658 Posts

STATEMENT FROM THE ESTATE

We have heard from many fans in connection with the recent announcement of Emmy nominations in the US. We share your outrage and disappointment that the disgraceful one-sided smear Leaving Neverland was nominated for potential Creative Arts Emmys by the Television Academy.

As you know, the Estate has spent years and considerable sums defending Michael and his estate against false allegations made by the two subjects of Leaving Neverland. When those individuals took their case to HBO having thus far failed in court, we wasted no time in filing a major lawsuit at considerable time and expense against HBO that remains active, attracted worldwide attention and which HBO has taken very seriously.

We also participated in public seminars highlighting the egregious bias of Leaving Neverland– at both Harvard and UCLA – which were covered extensively in the media. We have issued numerous public statements defending Michael, calling into question the motivations not only of the participants in the film but also the motivations of those who would choose to support the discredited liars and filmmaker who spread uncorroborated, unsubstantiated claims against a man who is no longer here to defend himself.

As we have indicated in prior statements, there are and will continue to be things that we do behind the scenes (including support offered to Taj Jackson), most of which will never become public. We recognize that in our unique position we must be thoughtful in whatever actions we take given that we are dealing with a network, filmmaker, plaintiffs’ attorneys and, in some cases, hostile media who are looking to seize on anything we do to advance their agendas and create publicity for this film. While we share the anger those who love Michael feel, we nonetheless must continue to balance our passion to speak out, against what best serves Michael’s legacy and not give those who wish to destroy him the excuse and opportunity they are looking for to try to further denigrate him. We know this is not what the fans want either.

As far as these specific Emmy nominations are concerned, as you may have noticed the media has actually given very little attention to them. So while we can confirm that we informed the Academy of our views regarding the absurdity of nominating for any award four hours of propaganda built on provable lies, it is important to keep in mind that, while not emotionally satisfying to restrain ourselves from speaking out publicly, we don’t want to do anything to effectively aid HBO, the filmmaker and the subjects of the film in seeking to promote this movie in any way. That includes aiding this and other self-serving campaigns they undertake for potential awards nobody will even remember who won a year or two from now.

After screening at Sundance and then playing on HBO, several lies were exposed in Leaving Neverland. The Estate, fans, foreign and African American media and even everyday viewers found holes in the film exposing its appalling lack of credibility and journalistic integrity. Our best course is to continue to shed light on an arrogant director who violated every basic journalistic standard of fairness in making his movie. No self-serving “award” will ever validate his decision to avoid anyone with a counterpoint of view, nor will it ever justify his inexcusable failure to fact check, fill the gaping holes of his timeline or absolve him for recklessly disparaging the reputations of Michael Jackson and others.

HBO’s reprehensible participation in disparaging Michael’s reputation by financing and supporting this infomercial has been frustrating for all of us over the last several months. But we are committed to protecting and preserving Michael’s incredible legacy. HBO and the film’s director were hoping they would mute Michael Jackson. They didn’t. No nominations or potential awards will change that.

We also want to take this opportunity to thank the fans for all of the time, energy and, in some cases, money you have invested in the defense of Michael. You can be assured that we are aware of those efforts and genuinely appreciate everything you do to support Michael and his legacy.

--- The Estate of Michael Jackson

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks

They shouldve done something when the documentary 1st took place. But bbn as far as im concerned....the documentary went in most ppls ears & out the other because he is still everywhere except the media

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wonderouzmj View Post
    They shouldve done something when the documentary 1st took place.
    I agree.

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 599
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

The Estate have done what they can. If you think they should have come out guns blazing, you're not looking at this rationally. They have to balance any action they take with the fact that action brings more attention to LN. They have to play it smart. It's an incredibly difficult position to be in.
    The media, elites, and blue ticks would have destroyed a rebuttal documentary. Saying it in a statement is one thing, but if Michael Jackson's Estate releases a rebuttal film calling two alleged abuse victims greedy liars while everyone is still reeling from the content in LN, it just looks like biased damage control and propaganda. As well as losing credibility they bring a new wave of attention to LN.
    They've released several statements since it was released. They've spoken publicly about it. They've taken legal action. And that's just the things we know about.

Allowing the unravelling of LN to occur outside of their influence - instead of trying to push it down people's throats themselves - was the best thing they could have done. And now that the initial impact of LN has worn off and all the facts are out there in easily digestible formats for anyone to find and verify, Taj is in a great position to release his documentary. As a relative of Michael's, he will probably still be called biased. But unlike the Estate, he has no financial stake in wanting to defend Michael and he is also an abuse victim himself. Both of which makes him a much better source for a documentary.

'Immerse your soul in love.'

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anna For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    The Estate have done what they can. If you think they should have come out guns blazing, you're not looking at this rationally. They have to balance any action they take with the fact that action brings more attention to LN. They have to play it smart. It's an incredibly difficult position to be in.
    The media, elites, and blue ticks would have destroyed a rebuttal documentary. Saying it in a statement is one thing, but if Michael Jackson's Estate releases a rebuttal film calling two alleged abuse victims greedy liars while everyone is still reeling from the content in LN, it just looks like biased damage control and propaganda. As well as losing credibility they bring a new wave of attention to LN.
    They've released several statements since it was released. They've spoken publicly about it. They've taken legal action. And that's just the things we know about.

Allowing the unravelling of LN to occur outside of their influence - instead of trying to push it down people's throats themselves - was the best thing they could have done. And now that the initial impact of LN has worn off and all the facts are out there in easily digestible formats for anyone to find and verify, Taj is in a great position to release his documentary. As a relative of Michael's, he will probably still be called biased. But unlike the Estate, he has no financial stake in wanting to defend Michael and he is also an abuse victim himself. Both of which makes him a much better source for a documentary.
    I agree 100%!!

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Okay then. all i know is that if Michael was alive he would of stop this crap before it even got to this point. but everyone has their own opinions. estate is okay but they still need a new team.