What song would you'd have wanted MJ and Prince to duet on?

SmoothCriminal1995

Proud Member
For me an MJ song I think they could've done together would've been the demo She Got It (but a finished version) Mainly because it sounds like Mike is going for that Prince Minneapolis funk on it and I'm surprised how well it suits him. I love that bass lick, I wish it was ever so slightly more pronounced in the mix.

As for a released Prince song they could've collaborated on, for me it would be, New Power Generation. I realise what this song mean for Prince and his movement going into the 90's and how it wouldn't have suited Mike but the actual song itself and the lyrics sound perfect for him and Michael to have shared. In that they were both ahead of the game and everyone else was playing catch up also that they wanted to change the world and unite people through music.

As for the era of the collaborations for their shared vocals I would choose 1990 because they both were in their vocal peaks in my opinion.

What do you guys think?

Love Thy Will Be Done or Joy in Repetition for P.
Will you be there or Give in to Me for MJ

I feel they would succed most on a collaboration doing Gospel or Rock ballads.

Like everyone saying and i agree with is BAD. i mean come on. Prince didn't do songs with MJ because he was different person doing his own thing. they were both different but both great artists. it would of been great if the two did do some songs together.

bad wouldve been awesome if they had did it wish prince decided to do it

“Black Sweat” from the “3121” album is a straight up Michael Jackson track. Hearing both of them on this song would be beyond awesome.

IMWhizzle;4256843 said:
“Black Sweat” from the “3121” album is a straight up Michael Jackson track. Hearing both of them on this song would be beyond awesome.

Yeah I remember when that came out around 06 and it was huge. Great song one of my favourites

What's That You're Doing? (Paul McCartney & Stevie Wonder)
Dance Little Sister (Terence Trent D'Arby)
Traffic Jammer (Bar-Kays)
The Gigolo (O'Bryan)
Flamethrower (J. Geils Band)
Up The Creek (The Temptations)
Breaking The Girl (
Red Hot Chili Peppers)
Never Make A Move Too Soon (B.B. King)
I Don't Care Anymore (Phil Collins)
Midnight Sky (Isley Brothers)

Dust In The Wind (Kansas)

Back