Collectors thread: New look at rejected designs for This Is It tickets

Dilan

Proud Member
Very interesting to see, I wish I had that kind of money to even contemplate buying them!

s-l1600.jpg

s-l160rtrt0.jpg

s-l160hhjh.jpg

How do we know these were MJ involved? I always thought the lenticular tickets were a cash grab by AEG.

How do we know these were MJ involved? I always thought the lenticular tickets were a cash grab by AEG.
That's what I thought... I didn't think they were pre-planned. They took so long to get the tickets sent out to us.

When they suggested we pay face value to have these silly tickets it had cash grab written all over it.

I didn't hesitate in requesting a full refund.

When they suggested we pay face value to have these silly tickets it had cash grab written all over it.

I didn't hesitate in requesting a full refund.

Yeah me neither. Seemed such an obvious cash grab at the time I gladly took the refund and never regretted it.

Face value for a piece of card of a gig that never happened? Insane.

It's long ago, but I don't get tired to agree it really was a disgusting thing they did in selling the tickets for that value (instead of e.g. donating this money). I also chose a refund for my tickets.

That's what I thought... I didn't think they were pre-planned. They took so long to get the tickets sent out to us.

They might have taken a long time to be sent out but the news report showing the prototypes that look exactly like the finished product was shown 5 days after his death so i think they were pre-planned

They might have taken a long time to be sent out but the news report showing the prototypes that look exactly like the finished product was shown 5 days after his death so i think they were pre-planned

They were in overdrive straight after he died to get as much money back as possible.

Back