Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: IS MJ BEING BANNED FROM PUBLIC PLACES / help needed!

   
  1. #1
    Points: 122, Level: 2
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1
    Points
    122
    Level
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Wink IS MJ BEING BANNED FROM PUBLIC PLACES / help needed!

    I wondered if you guys had this since that movie came out; Every once in a while in my local coffee place when the guys put on his music other costumers just don't know how to react and seem utterly embarrassed?!
    On the other hand it's a admirable resistance on the part of the staff with just not accepting his erasure from public memory!

    Now I'm trying to put together a video of these moments.
    The way after the movie people try to cope with the image that the media projects of him versus his legacy and genius that they know well and also as a proof, that his voice is STILL being heard all over the world.

    I was thinking just filming around when I hear his music in public, then editing it together.
    I started alone but had to realize it would take forever, because there is so little chance I'm walking in the shop/bar/etc. just in the right moment. I have 2 usable videos in two weeks, each just a few seconds long.

    If this happened to you too then I'm sure you felt the peculiarity of those moments and maybe the need too to capture them, so I though maybe I could ask for your help?
    If the next time this happens we pulled out our phones and recorded just a few seconds in a week's time we would have an impressive compilation from all over the world.
    Anyone up to join?

  2. #2
    Points: 21,793, Level: 92
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 557
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteranThree Friends10000 Experience PointsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Clare, Ireland
    Posts
    3,350
    Points
    21,793
    Level
    92
    Thanks
    2,514
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 1,458 Posts

    Default Re: IS MJ BEING BANNED FROM PUBLIC PLACES / help needed!

    Quote Originally Posted by romero View Post
    I wondered if you guys had this since that movie came out; Every once in a while in my local coffee place when the guys put on his music other costumers just don't know how to react and seem utterly embarrassed?!
    On the other hand it's a admirable resistance on the part of the staff with just not accepting his erasure from public memory!

    Now I'm trying to put together a video of these moments.
    The way after the movie people try to cope with the image that the media projects of him versus his legacy and genius that they know well and also as a proof, that his voice is STILL being heard all over the world.

    I was thinking just filming around when I hear his music in public, then editing it together.
    I started alone but had to realize it would take forever, because there is so little chance I'm walking in the shop/bar/etc. just in the right moment. I have 2 usable videos in two weeks, each just a few seconds long.

    If this happened to you too then I'm sure you felt the peculiarity of those moments and maybe the need too to capture them, so I though maybe I could ask for your help?
    If the next time this happens we pulled out our phones and recorded just a few seconds in a week's time we would have an impressive compilation from all over the world.
    Anyone up to join?
    MJ is played all the time. This is not necessary.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

    No force of nature can break your will to self motivate.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to innuendo141 For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Points: 44,330, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,814
    Points
    44,330
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    1,496
    Thanked 3,784 Times in 1,632 Posts

    Default Re: IS MJ BEING BANNED FROM PUBLIC PLACES / help needed!

    In Denmark MJ is played all the time. - In malls, shops, fitness, radio etc. - I do not think LN has had any impact at all in Denmark.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Ahess/videos - me dancing MJ - many years ago.

    I would be really glad if you rated or/and commented the videos. Thanks

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hess For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Points: 1,759, Level: 24
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered

    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    110
    Points
    1,759
    Level
    24
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked 61 Times in 34 Posts

    Default Re: IS MJ BEING BANNED FROM PUBLIC PLACES / help needed!

    In my country MJ is played everyday .No changes .

  7. #5
    Points: 1,759, Level: 24
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered

    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    110
    Points
    1,759
    Level
    24
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked 61 Times in 34 Posts

    Default Re: IS MJ BEING BANNED FROM PUBLIC PLACES / help needed!

    Quote Originally Posted by 1nn5 View Post
    If his children will not appear to defend their father.
    I think in the future, YES.
    What futur ? Why not now two months after LN ? Doesnt make any sense .
    In my country MJ is played everyday .No changes .

  8. #6
    Points: 27,502, Level: 98
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 848
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    NatureCriminal7896's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,071
    Points
    27,502
    Level
    98
    Thanks
    2,769
    Thanked 1,384 Times in 1,049 Posts

    Default Re: IS MJ BEING BANNED FROM PUBLIC PLACES / help needed!

    MJ is playing in some parts in Georgia. but not all.



    a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

  9. #7
    Points: 36,476, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    PoP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    6,375
    Points
    36,476
    Level
    100
    Blog Entries
    24
    Thanks
    798
    Thanked 1,671 Times in 1,058 Posts

    Default Re: IS MJ BEING BANNED FROM PUBLIC PLACES / help needed!

    I remember Tim Horton's played "The Way You Make Me Feel", so at least Michael's fine in my hometown.
    SUPPORTER/FAN of MICHAEL JACKSON & NARUHINA

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to PoP For This Useful Post:


  11. #8
    Points: 19,199, Level: 87
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 151
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree FriendsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,518
    Points
    19,199
    Level
    87
    Thanks
    1,341
    Thanked 3,560 Times in 1,621 Posts

    Default Re: IS MJ BEING BANNED FROM PUBLIC PLACES / help needed!

    Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    MJ is playing in some parts in Georgia. but not all.
    I am in Georgia is the United States. he is played here all day (never stopped unless it is a country music station but that is expected.).
    Mike's PYT

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to terrell For This Useful Post:


  13. #9
    Points: 2,217, Level: 28
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredThree Friends
    Nantucket Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    200
    Points
    2,217
    Level
    28
    Thanks
    893
    Thanked 152 Times in 88 Posts

    Default Re: IS MJ BEING BANNED FROM PUBLIC PLACES / help needed!

    I hear MJ played quite a bit where I am (suburbs in the Chicago area), and stores don't seem to be pulling his stuff from the shelves, so I'd say he's in good shape here. Half Price Books in Schaumburg even had kind of a prominent display of MJ stuff recently. (Which granted, I realize could have come from a lot of people selling their MJ stuff recently, but the point remains that the store flaunted it instead of trying to hide it.)

  14. #10
    Points: 27,502, Level: 98
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 848
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    NatureCriminal7896's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,071
    Points
    27,502
    Level
    98
    Thanks
    2,769
    Thanked 1,384 Times in 1,049 Posts

    Default Re: IS MJ BEING BANNED FROM PUBLIC PLACES / help needed!

    Quote Originally Posted by terrell View Post
    I am in Georgia is the United States. he is played here all day (never stopped unless it is a country music station but that is expected.).
    Which part?



    a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

  15. #11
    Points: 11,824, Level: 71
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    765
    Points
    11,824
    Level
    71
    Thanks
    746
    Thanked 396 Times in 106 Posts

    Default Re: IS MJ BEING BANNED FROM PUBLIC PLACES / help needed!

    MJ is always on!

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to czechstar For This Useful Post:


  17. #12
    Points: 11,638, Level: 70
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    829
    Points
    11,638
    Level
    70
    Thanks
    150
    Thanked 638 Times in 234 Posts

    Default Re: IS MJ BEING BANNED FROM PUBLIC PLACES / help needed!

    I hear Michael's songs on the radio and in bars/shops more fequently now than I did before LN!!!

    I would assume the media have overstated the effect of the mocumentary.
    Got to find a way somehow,
    nothing's gonna stop me now,
    got to find a way somehow,
    even though you're gone.
    Things don't seem as bad as they did
    yesterday,
    every minute I get stronger,
    somehow someway.

  18. #13
    Points: 7,713, Level: 58
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    843
    Points
    7,713
    Level
    58
    Thanks
    436
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 451 Posts

    Default Re: IS MJ BEING BANNED FROM PUBLIC PLACES / help needed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Billie Jean 78 View Post
    I hear Michael's songs on the radio and in bars/shops more fequently now than I did before LN!!!

    I would assume the media have overstated the effect of the mocumentary.

    I actually hear Michael MORE since the shitomentary. In malls, on radio, even my supervisor referenced Michael during a meeting and she had NEVER done that before. Michael is not being muted as the trash behind this fraud hoped.

  19. #14
    Points: 12,013, Level: 71
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    237
    Points
    12,013
    Level
    71
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 76 Times in 23 Posts

    Default Re: IS MJ BEING BANNED FROM PUBLIC PLACES / help needed!

    Would just like to say that Walmart is now selling Bad Tour t-shirts. We're good lol

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •