Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quincy Jones and O2 Arena have changed the title of the show .Please DEMAND A REFUND !

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Quincy Jones and O2 Arena have changed the title of the show .Please DEMAND A REFUND !

Hopefully a fan will sue this .

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laurendaccio For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Quincy Jones and O2 Arena have changed the title of the show .Please DEMAND A REFUND !

The concert setlist has changed too much for them to get away with it.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WannaScream For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I think this needs a class action

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackson Rules For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 491
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteranThree Friends10000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,689 Times in 1,452 Posts

Has anyone gotten anywhere looking for a refund? Im 100% not going now

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

No force of nature can break your will to self motivate.

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I saw on Twitter some folk had got a response to say the show has not changed and therefore no refunds.

Not sure what the latest is, or indeed if anyone has been successful.

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,258 Times in 689 Posts

The show has clearly changed. Hopefully someone takes this further.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SmoothGangsta For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

https://www.theo2.co.uk/events/detail/quincy-jones

Quincy has added more MJ songs but not ones MJ wrote. It has to be the estate that is blocking it. Maybe it’s not the best to point the finger at Quincy too much.
    "Who's bad? You're telling me, you're doing wrong, gonna lock you up for far too long, you're doing wrong, you're doing wrong, you're doing wrong brother, who's bad? YA KNOW, YA KNOW IT, YA KNOW, YA KNOW IT OOOH, you're doing wrong, ya know, ya know it, ya know, ya know it, you're doing wrong, gonna watch yo mouth boy, just watch yo mouth boy, that's your brother, that's your mouther, that's YO SISTER, asked me... if you're doing wrong?

SHHHHHHHHH AH!" - Mike's bad, that's who.

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

The point is that the event was falsely advertised before they secure the right to the music they alluded to. For example, nearly all songs in Bad album were written by MJ, what is the point of even mentioning it in the advertisement? And what about international hit singles that made the albums well known and world records such as Beat it and Billie Jean? All those were written by MJ. If they were advertising the show as Off The Wall and Thriller but no songs written by the artist you actually made these albums world records, then very few people would attend.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Costas For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second Class25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,282 Times in 490 Posts

I agree that it may be an estate issue.

But I just want to say that Quincy cannot expect to denigrate Michael and still try to profit from his work with him. That is disrespectful and just plain nasty.

No doubt Quincy has been resentful of the fact that, for many people he is only known for his work with Michael. And if that is the case, this event at the O2 would have been ideal time to showcase the full body of his work (considering the documentary that is out/coming out). But notice the date - this was about cashing in on the anniversary of Michael's death.
    Michael Jackson (1958 - 2009): You Do Not Define Him So You Cannot Confine Him!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TheChosenOne For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

It's a clear case of false advertising and trying to profit from MJ's fame WHILE discrediting him at the same time (knowing Quincy's behaviour since 09 and the fact that they left out MJ's name even from the original advertisement). Adding the fact the it can be now insinuated that MJ is left out because of LN I think there are quite a lot of reasons to point the finger at Quincy.

As someone who knew and appreciated Quincy's work before and independently form his collaboration with MJ I actually think that a performance showcasing his full body of work (jazz, OSTs, producing works) would be great and had a considerable amount of enthusiastic public - but then it should be advertised so. For some reason he didn't feel that was enough.

We don't know the background of this situation, but even if it's the Estate not giving him right to use MJ's songs (it would be indeed a questionable move, interestingly though Quincy doesn't complain about that) he was still willing to falsely advertise this performance misleading his public.

I understand the general frustration with the Estate but we should only blame them when they are indeed in the wrong, without using every opportunity to diss them as it only undermines legitimate criticism.
    I look to greet the stars
    But there's no stars to see

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Level
    Thanks

We also can't be sure how much control Quincy really had about how it was advertised in the beginning and now.

O2 (or whoever is managing this) for sure have every reason to make this as much MJ as they can because that's what will get attention and tickets sold. Maybe they changed their mind about it after LN. Maybe Quincy did. Maybe the Estate forced it.

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I know there’s no evidence for it but I genuinely believe Quincy wanted to do the 3 albums back-to-back as planned; however, due to background bullshit he couldn’t do it anymore.

Nobody outside of Q’s circle knows why it changed but maybe it’ll come out eventually. Maybe Q had the rights but then something happened...? Who knows?
    "Who's bad? You're telling me, you're doing wrong, gonna lock you up for far too long, you're doing wrong, you're doing wrong, you're doing wrong brother, who's bad? YA KNOW, YA KNOW IT, YA KNOW, YA KNOW IT OOOH, you're doing wrong, ya know, ya know it, ya know, ya know it, you're doing wrong, gonna watch yo mouth boy, just watch yo mouth boy, that's your brother, that's your mouther, that's YO SISTER, asked me... if you're doing wrong?

SHHHHHHHHH AH!" - Mike's bad, that's who.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ShineGloveShine For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entry1000 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Isn't oprah and john "legend" behind this? someone in the older post said they are.

a female with depression and mental delays

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Electro View Post
    We also can't be sure how much control Quincy really had about how it was advertised in the beginning and now.

O2 (or whoever is managing this) for sure have every reason to make this as much MJ as they can because that's what will get attention and tickets sold. Maybe they changed their mind about it after LN. Maybe Quincy did. Maybe the Estate forced it.
    You're right, we don't know how much influence Quincy had on the promotion, but the whole thing is confusing. It was from the very beginning TBH, trying to promote it by using MJ but without actually mentioning his name. And why change it after LN if the main selling point was MJ and people are asking for refund now? And even if it has to do with the Estate (the fact that they are playing the songs not written by MJ suggest something to do with royalties) the promoters still knew it's not going to happen the way it's been advertised, and that's a major problem IMO.

Quincy's tweet on this:

I look to greet the stars
    But there's no stars to see

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 354
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

Guys (& Girls).....this is Simple:

For those of you who made the purchase by Credit Card, contact the card company and ask for a "chargeback". Tell them you got the email from AXS saying they're not offering refunds. Mention the false advertising (we have all the info & evidence in this thread that you can show them). I'm 100% sure that they should help you get the full refund.

I'm not sure how it works with purchases made on Debit cards, but if you contact the banks, they should advise on what the procedure is from their side.

It doesn't matter who's fault it is ... (I still think it's Quincy's) ...the bottom line is if a show has changed and you know what you primarily purchased will not be delivered, under Consumer Law you are entitled to a refund.