Quincy Jones and O2 Arena have changed the title of the show .Please DEMAND A REFUND !

Laurendaccio

Proud Member
This is a scam , the title was orignally "Off The Wall /Thriller" , they changed it for " 80's soundtracks" .Remember Oprah and John Legend are involved in this event . Fans who have bought their tickets should sk for a refund .

This is a scam , the title was orignally "Off The Wall /Thriller" , they changed it for " 80's soundtracks" .Remember Oprah and John Legend are involved in this event . Fans who have bought their tickets should sk for a refund .

Well, I am tired of them using MJ name and stuff for their benefit.

This is clearly a scam .hopefully most MJ stans who bought a ticket ask for a refund .

Well he change the music too. I'm not that sure this is because the LN, he now has only 50% MJ. maybe it was just too risky? It's business. Now... his latest twitter message to Oprah... that's sick.

I feel so bad for people who bought tickets for this and were looking forward to it. Such a shame.

I sent a long rant on twitter to Quincys son Quincy lll about the whole situation, Leaving Neverland, Oprah, Brandi, the train station, the Grand Canyon etc. He is half swedish and was in the jury for the swedish version of idol a few years ago. I don’t know if he will reply but he seemed like a really nice person and also, atleast for a while changed my opinion about the father Quincy because sometimes they showed videos of him and everything he said about Michael was positive and he didn’t seem bitter at all so I thought maybe what he said in interviews had been taken out of context. Anyway Quincy lll knew Michael, he was there then they recorded Thriller etc. The last time he met him was at the fathers house there Michael and Quincy met for the first time in years just weeks before he died and he was ”almost to nice and the same person as he had always been”. That is what he said a few years ago. Let’s see if he replies now..

Last edited:
This is really not on. The original poster and marketing material, press releases clearly stated OTW, Thriller and Bad performed 'BACK TO BACK'. Now MJ has 8 songs in the setlist and the event has been rebranded as an 80s night with other songs from different acts in the set list. An official statement or press release should be demanded and most definitely ANYONE that has bought tickets already on the basis of the sell of "OTW, Thriller and Bad performed 'BACK TO BACK'" should be offered a refund if they request/want it.

quincy.png

Maybe the estate interfered? On twitter someone said the only MJ' songs he has now are those that were not written by MJ.

Glad I didn't even consider giving my money towards this. Shambles.

He should have left well enuf alone but no Q messed up. People who love MJ would still went even more but no reacting to liars who are proven even more to be liars has will cost Q. But like I said, I am tired of these people using MJ name to benefit them when it is convenient.

He should have left well enuf alone but no Q messed up. People who love MJ would still went even more but no reacting to liars who are proven even more to be liars has will cost Q. But like I said, I am tired of these people using MJ name to benefit them when it is convenient.

I'm am too. :(

I reckon the Estate have stepped in and have said you can't play any songs which Michael wrote... Bad had Michael write every single song except "Just Good Friends" and "Man in the Mirror" (which is on the setlist), so the Estate would most definitely own those royalties. It is no doubt because of that.

As far as the "Off the Wall" and "Thriller" stuff, there's more on those albums that Michael didn't contribute to, so Quincy can get out of that more.

So there you go. I'll still be going, because I like a lot of Quincy's output as well as Rod Temperton's output.

It still sucks though no doubt, because it was advertised as a Michael Jackson night.

All this is just a backstabbing attempt from Quincy once again. Typical.

Videos from "inaworldoflove" to this subject

"Quincy Jones: No friend of Michael Jackson"

"Quincy Jones betrays Michael Jachson ones again"

I didn't trust this asshole Quicy with this project righ from the beginning and I wonder how so many MJ fans could trust him after the things he did in the past. Sometimes I think it would be the best when they never have worked together!

I reckon the Estate have stepped in and have said you can't play any songs which Michael wrote... Bad had Michael write every single song except "Just Good Friends" and "Man in the Mirror" (which is on the setlist), so the Estate would most definitely own those royalties. It is no doubt because of that.

As far as the "Off the Wall" and "Thriller" stuff, there's more on those albums that Michael didn't contribute to, so Quincy can get out of that more.

So there you go. I'll still be going, because I like a lot of Quincy's output as well as Rod Temperton's output.

It still sucks though no doubt, because it was advertised as a Michael Jackson night.

Possibly. But the Estate should have wagered the level of bad publicity this continues to generate for Michael by not clarifying.

Do you guys really think that Quincy didn't clearfied a long time ago before starting this huge project which songs he can play at the concert from the three ablums and which not???

I am sure he did!!!

The MJ Fans who bought the tickets simply did fall for a clever marketing strategy by Quincy and his team!!! (They let out Michaels name in the previous anoucement for this reason.)

They would have huge problems to get the concert hall full when they would have announced the concert like it is announced now!

But now with the help of many passionate MJFans who struggles to give their tikets back (because they still wants to hear some MJs music played from a big orcestra) it is not really a problem and they will earn the money they have dreamed of!

Last edited:
I just started a thread about this before seeing this one.

Apparently Ticketmaster are refunding. I hope nobody turns up!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-48185956

I'm so glad to see this fiasco being picked up by the media. Quincy Jones played himself - AGAIN!!!!!

I realize that Quincy has a fully body of work, BUT, it would appear that the majority are only interested in Quincy's work with MJ. They knew what they were doing with their initial promotion, i.e. "use Michael Jackson's name to get folks in those O2 seats."

I love the fact that the article states that: "SOME FANS ARE ASKING FOR A REFUND ACCUSING THE ORGANISERS OF FALSE ADVERTISING." That sentence alone just looks bad for Mr. Jones and his entire team. Really, Really Bad, in my opinion.

Let's see IF Quincy and/or his team respond to Radio 1 and AXS' request for comment.

D536peMX4AAyEWi.jpg

Interesting to see, which I now noticed, is in the new poster Quincy lists those Michael Jackson songs that were NOT written by Michael but instead by others like Rod Temperton, James Ingram and Siedah Garrett. What a lousy betrayer! :mat:

Rod Temperton:
Thriller
Rock With You
Off The Wall
Baby Be Mine
Burn This Disco Out

James Ingram:
P.Y.T.

Siedah Garrett:
Man In The Mirror

Not surprised at all by this. Quincy has proven since Michael's passing that he was surrounded by snakes and Q has proven to be one of the biggest

The MJ songs on the setlist are mostly ones who are not really interesting to hear interpated from an big orcestra exept from Thriller!

What's an 80's night without Billie Jean, Beat It, Don't Stop Til Ya Get Enough, Bad, Smooth Criminal, The Way You Make Me Feel, Dirty Diana, etc.

That is still stupid. People know MJ SUNG those songs even if there were not written by MJ. Would be great if the whole stadium started shouting MICHAEL, MICHAEL, MICHAEL during all songs.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard back about refunds. I contacted AXS but nothing yet. This is a false advertisement from O2, they can’t come back and say it’s the promoters fault. I have seen ad in their website.

I use to think Quincy was a good guy. NOT! i can’t not believe he been doing this to Michael all this time. Shame on you Quincy. i lost respect for him. even though Michael worked with him we can’t not erase his music because he was one the people who made Michael albums get out there. it’s sad to know years later he doing this to him. i can’t believe it. Wow.

i hope fans get their money back. this is ridiculous Michael is "somewhere" very angry at him.

I have received a stupid message from AXS: "We have been informed that the show’s content has not changed. Songs from three Michael Jackson albums will be played at The O2 concert on Sunday, June 23 2019, alongside tracks which celebrate era-defining music." I reply to them with all information that the majority of the event are songs unrelated to the 3 albums, Bad has only 1 song, and major hits that made the albums a success are missing. Happy if the thread keeps talk towards news on refunds (or not).

Costas;4257850 said:
I have received a stupid message from AXS: "We have been informed that the show’s content has not changed. Songs from three Michael Jackson albums will be played at The O2 concert on Sunday, June 23 2019, alongside tracks which celebrate era-defining music." I reply to them with all information that the majority of the event are songs unrelated to the 3 albums, Bad has only 1 song, and major hits that made the albums a success are missing. Happy if the thread keeps talk towards news on refunds (or not).
These people are ballsy I’ll give them that.

I reckon there’s a good chance of a lawsuit either way because it says literally on the poster: 3 albums BACK-TO-BACK. Come on now don’t lie.

Back