Prince and Michael Jackson Duet?

Dan

Proud Member
Okay, so I saw a post on here asking if Michael and Prince were friends or had a rivalry and it reminded me of something. I was listening to Prince's version of "La La La Means I Love You" from Emancipation and I heard Michael in the background vocals (as a child) and I know that The Jackson 5 did a version of the song.

You can hear it best at around 2:48 onward. In my opinion this is Michael and I am willing to bet everything I have on it. It isn't just like you can mistake his voice it is very clearly him.

Though, we have no official confirmation so I guess it is entirely subjective as of right now. Let me know what you think!

Thanks,

~Dan~

Dan;4257382 said:
Okay, so I saw a post on here asking if Michael and Prince were friends or had a rivalry and it reminded me of something. I was listening to Prince's version of "La La La Means I Love You" from Emancipation and I heard Michael in the background vocals (as a child) and I know that The Jackson 5 did a version of the song.

You can hear it best at around 2:48 onward. In my opinion this is Michael and I am willing to bet everything I have on it. It isn't just like you can mistake his voice it is very clearly him.

Though, we have no official confirmation so I guess it is entirely subjective as of right now. Let me know what you think!

Thanks,

~Dan~

-----------------------

Doubt it, probably Chanté Moore. This is what it says about the song on PrinceVault:

La, La, La Means Eye.png Love U, a cover version of the song by The Delfonics (originally titled La-La Means I Love You, from their 1968 debut album La La Means I Love You) is the fifth track on the third disc of Prince's 19th album Emancipation, the third album to be credited to SymbolSmallerBlue.png.
While specific recording dates are not known, basic tracking is believed to have taken place between April-May 1995, at Paisley Park Studios in Chanhassen, Minnesota. It features American jazz/R&B singer Chanté Moore on background vocals (indicating that it may have been recorded in the same set of sessions as Journey 2 The Center Of Your Heart, on which she also appears), marking the only released track by SymbolSmallerBlue.png to feature her (she is also mentioned in the lyrics of Ripopgodazippa and appears on Chaka Khan's released version of Journey 2 The Center Of Your Heart, however). It also contains a fill from the original version of the song by The Delfonics. The track was performed regularly on the One Nite Alone... Tour, but, along with other cover tracks performed, was not included on the One Nite Alone... Live! release documenting the tour (replaced by Extraordinary, which was performed only rarely).

Recording Information
Recording Sessions
Date Studio Additional info
April-May 1995 Paisley Park Studios, Chanhassen, MN, USA Basic tracking
Recording Personnel
SymbolSmallerBlue.png - all vocals and instruments, except where noted
Mike Scott - guitar
Chanté Moore - additional vocals

Back