Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Throwback: MJ Interviews Pharrell Williams (June, 2003)

   
  1. #1
    Points: 3,614, Level: 37
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ctracy34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    58
    Points
    3,614
    Level
    37
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 86 Times in 33 Posts

    Default Throwback: MJ Interviews Pharrell Williams (June, 2003)

    For some of the newer fans (or even members of the community who haven't discovered this gem), this is how most journalists should approach our talented musicians and entertainers -- sit them in a room, set up a phone call or in-person meeting, press record, and let them talk music. The most compelling conversations can and will be spawned from the most organic places when there's a genuine love and admiration between people. If only they had more time and more opportunities through the years to share these moments with each other. But, enough of that. Enjoy and discuss fam!

    MICHAEL JACKSON: So, Iím interviewing you, right? And I think itís seven questions, or something like that?
    PHARRELL WILLIAMS: Sure. Whatever you like.

    JACKSON: Okay. What would you say inspires you in your music? What is it that inspires you to create your music?
    WILLIAMS: Itís a feeling. You treat the air as a canvas and the paint is the chords that come through your fingers, out of the keyboard. So when Iím playing, Iím sort of painting a feeling in the air. I know that might sound corny, butó

    JACKSON: No. No, thatís a perfect analogy.
    WILLIAMS: And when you know itís done, you know itís done. Itís like painting or sculpting. When you let it go itís because you know that itís finished. Itís completed. And vice versaóit tells you, ďHey, Iím not done.Ē

    JACKSON: Yeah. And it refuses to let you sleep until itís finished.
    WILLIAMS: Thatís right.

    JACKSON: Yeah, I go through the same thing. [laughs] And what do you think of the music todayóare you into the new sounds that are being created and the direction that music is going?
    WILLIAMS: Well, personally, I kind of feel like Iím taking notes from people like yourself and Stevie [Wonder] and Donny [Hathaway], and just sort of doing what feels right.

    JACKSON: Right.
    WILLIAMS: You know, like when everyone was going one way, you went Off the Wall.

    JACKSON: Right. [laughs]
    WILLIAMS: And when everyone else was going another way, you went Thriller. You just did it your way. And Iím taking notes from people like yourself, like not being afraid to listen to your feelings and turn your aspirations and ambitions into material. Making it happen, making it materializeÖ

    JACKSON: Who are some of the older artistsónot the artists on the radio todayówho inspired you when you were younger? Like the artists your father listened to, did you learn anything from those artists?
    WILLIAMS: Absolutely. The Isley Brothers.

    JACKSON: Yeah, me too. I love the Isley Brothers. And I love Sly and the Family Stone.
    WILLIAMS: Donny, Stevie.

    JACKSON: You like all the people I like. [laughs]
    WILLIAMS: Those chord changes. They take you away.

    JACKSON: Beautiful, beautiful. Okay, well, where are you? In New York?
    WILLIAMS: Iím in Virginia Beach, Virginia, sir.

    JACKSON: Virginia! Oh, beautiful. Will you give my love to Virginia?
    WILLIAMS: Yes. Thank you.

    JACKSON: And your mother and your parents? Because God has blessed you with special gifts.
    WILLIAMS: Thank you, sir. And I just want to say something, and I donít know if you want to hear this, but I just have to say it because itís on my heart. But people bother youó

    JACKSON: Yeah.
    WILLIAMS: Because they love you. Thatís the only reason why. When you do something that people donít necessarily understand, theyíre going to make it into a bigger problem than they would for anybody else because youíre one of the most amazing talents thatís ever lived. Youíve accomplished and achieved more in this century than most any other men.

    JACKSON: Well, thank you very much. Thatís very kind of you.
    WILLIAMS: What you do is so amazing. When you are 100 years old, and theyíre still making up things about what youíve done to this and what youíve done to that on your bodyóplease believe me, if you decided you wanted to dip your whole body in chrome, you are so amazing that the world, no matter what they say, is going to be right there to see it. And that is because of what you have achieved in the music world, and in changing peopleís lives. People are having children to your songs. Youíve affected the world.

    JACKSON: Thank you very much. Itís like the bigger the star, the bigger the target. You know when youíreóand Iím not being a braggadocio or anything like thatóbut you know youíre on top when they start throwing arrows at you. Even Jesus was crucified. People who bring light to the world, from Mahatma Gandhi to Martin Luther King to Jesus Christ, even myself. And my motto has been Heal the World, We are the World, Earth Song, Save Our Children, Help Our Planet. And people want to persecute me for it, but it never hurts, because the fan base becomes stronger. And the more you hit something hard, the more hardened it becomesóthe stronger it becomes. And thatís whatís happened: Iím resilient. I have rhinoceros skin. Nothing can hurt me. Nothing.
    WILLIAMS: Thatís precisely my point. I just want to let you know youíre amazing, man. What you do to music, what youíve done to music, from ďBillie JeanĒ to ďThatís What You Get (For Being Polite)Ēó[sings]ďThatís what you get for being polite.Ē

    JACKSON: Oh, you know that one? [laughs]
    WILLIAMS: [sings] ďJack still sits all alone.Ē

    JACKSON: Boy, you know all those ones . . . [hums a guitar riff]
    WILLIAMS: If I never work with you, just know that you are unstoppable. Thatís why I said, when youíre 100 years old and you decide to dip your entire body in chrome, as much as they say thingsóand I donít care what they say about you, sirótheyíre going to be right there to see it.

    JACKSON: Thereís a lot of jealousy there. I love all races, I love all people, but sometimes thereís a devil in people, and they get jealous. Every time thereís a luminary that goes beyond the heights of his field of endeavor, people tend to get jealous and try to bring him down. But they canít with me because Iím very, very, very strong. [laughs] They donít know that, though.
    WILLIAMS: They know! Please believe me, they know!

    JACKSON: Anybody else wouldíve cracked by now; they canít crack me. Iím very strong.
    WILLIAMS: Of course. They couldnít crack you when you were 10, because you were destroying grown men doing what you did with your voice and your talent. And when you were 20, you were outdoing people that had been doing it for 20 or 30 years. And nowadays theyíre still waiting to see where youíre at. They want to see your kids, they want to see your world. Youíre amazing, and I just wanted to tell you that, man. And I hope that this all gets printed because itís very important to me. I hope that I can be half as dope as you one day.

    JACKSON: Oh, God bless you. Youíre wonderful, too . . . Have a lovely day.
    WILLIAMS: You too, sir.

    JACKSON: Thank you. Bye.
    WILLIAMS: Bye.

  2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ctracy34 For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Points: 1,547, Level: 22
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entry1000 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    NatureCriminal7896's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    300
    Points
    1,547
    Level
    22
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    234
    Thanked 57 Times in 46 Posts

    Default Re: Throwback: MJ Interviews Pharrell Williams (June, 2003)

    Michael was such a sweet man who speak the truth. i read this in his voice. i like some of Pharrell songs he got my support. it's really sad Michael never got a chance to live to probably 100. what Michael said is true no matter how much they wanna break him they can't. cause what's going now more and more people are coming out and supporting him. don't listen to the media. they a bunch of nasty junkies. these people in the media needs to be fired and sued and course they probably won't because the media is evil and want the money. it's really very sad. this whole world full of greed. it's disgusting.
    Last edited by NatureCriminal7896; 09-05-2019 at 12:46 AM.



    a female with depression and mental delays

  4. #3
    Points: 3,614, Level: 37
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ctracy34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    58
    Points
    3,614
    Level
    37
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 86 Times in 33 Posts

    Default Re: Throwback: MJ Interviews Pharrell Williams (June, 2003)

    Pharrell (2015), describes his first encounter with Michael in-person lol


  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ctracy34 For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Points: 58,039, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nibiru
    Posts
    9,648
    Points
    58,039
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1,352 Times in 856 Posts

    Default Re: Throwback: MJ Interviews Pharrell Williams (June, 2003)

    Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    the media is evil and want the money.
    Nobody can make much money doing anything unless a lot of people buy and/or support what they're selling. Like drug dealers wouldn't exist if people didn't do drugs. So the media is just giving the people what they want.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DuranDuran For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Points: 10,028, Level: 66
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    SmoothCriminal1995's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    1,240
    Points
    10,028
    Level
    66
    Thanks
    4,864
    Thanked 1,315 Times in 602 Posts

    Default Re: Throwback: MJ Interviews Pharrell Williams (June, 2003)

    After reading this, I wish they worked together in the 2000's. Mike and Pharrell could have made some real magic together

    Pharrell could have brought Michael back to his funky musical roots and Mike could have made Pharrell's sound timeless and classic

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to SmoothCriminal1995 For This Useful Post:


  10. #6
    Points: 15,807, Level: 80
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree FriendsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8,611
    Points
    15,807
    Level
    80
    Thanks
    994
    Thanked 2,651 Times in 1,140 Posts

    Default Re: Throwback: MJ Interviews Pharrell Williams (June, 2003)

    Even reading his words you feel that "spirit" of grace, kindness, humbleness, etc. about him. he had an " angel aurora " like no other and those who did him wrong are going to have to answer to a higher power before they leave this earth.
    Last edited by terrell; 09-05-2019 at 06:51 PM.
    Mike's PYT

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to terrell For This Useful Post:


  12. #7
    Points: 1,547, Level: 22
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entry1000 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    NatureCriminal7896's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    300
    Points
    1,547
    Level
    22
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    234
    Thanked 57 Times in 46 Posts

    Default Re: Throwback: MJ Interviews Pharrell Williams (June, 2003)

    Quote Originally Posted by terrell View Post
    Even reading his words you feel a "spirit" of grace, kindness, humbleness, etc. about him. he had an " angel aurora " like no other and those who did him wrong are going to have to answer to a higher power before they leave this earth.
    Yes he did. bless his soul. and amen to that yes they certainly will.
    Last edited by NatureCriminal7896; 09-05-2019 at 06:14 PM.



    a female with depression and mental delays

  13. #8
    Points: 7,543, Level: 57
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    mj_frenzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,177
    Points
    7,543
    Level
    57
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 664 Times in 354 Posts

    Default Re: Throwback: MJ Interviews Pharrell Williams (June, 2003)

    It is amazing how politics can play such a major role by changing the musical direction of an album.

    MJ’s managers rejected Pharrell Williams’ songs (that he submitted for the ‘Invincible’ album).

    They did not even pass those songs to MJ to hear them personally (during the ‘Invincible’ sessions).

    Those songs ended up later mostly on Justin Timberlake’s ‘Justified’ album, but also on Usher’s ‘8701’ album.

    The interesting part is that when MJ later heard those songs (when they officially came out), he liked them to the point where he wished he had recorded some of them for his own ‘Invincible’ album.

  14. #9
    Points: 29,388, Level: 99
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 612
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,578
    Points
    29,388
    Level
    99
    Thanks
    346
    Thanked 1,264 Times in 506 Posts

    Default Re: Throwback: MJ Interviews Pharrell Williams (June, 2003)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ctracy34 View Post
    For some of the newer fans (or even members of the community who haven't discovered this gem), this is how most journalists should approach our talented musicians and entertainers -- sit them in a room, set up a phone call or in-person meeting, press record, and let them talk music. The most compelling conversations can and will be spawned from the most organic places when there's a genuine love and admiration between people. If only they had more time and more opportunities through the years to share these moments with each other. But, enough of that. Enjoy and discuss fam!

    MICHAEL JACKSON: So, I’m interviewing you, right? And I think it’s seven questions, or something like that?
    PHARRELL WILLIAMS: Sure. Whatever you like.

    JACKSON: Okay. What...

    Thats not the Full Conversation.

    THIS is the FULL Conversation. It took place on June 13, 2003...



    Michael Jackson: Hello?
    Pharrell Williams: Hello! How are you man?

    Michael Jackson: You must forgive me, but Gregory Peck, who just died yesterday, was a very dear friend of mine, and I’ve been helping his wife prepare the memorial and all those things. So please forgive me for being late with this call.
    Pharrell Williams: No, listen, man, I can’t believe I’m on the phone with you.

    Michael Jackson:
    Oh, God bless you.
    Pharrell Williams: Thank you, sir. You too.

    Michael Jackson:
    Thank you. So, I’m interviewing you, right? And I think it’s seven questions, or something lime that?
    Pharrell Williams: Sure. Whatever you like.

    Michael Jackson:
    Okay. What would you say inspires you in your music? What is it that inspires you to create your music.
    Pharrell Williams: It’s a feeling. You treat the air as a canvas and the paint is the chords that come through your fingers, out of the keyboard. So when I’m playing, I’m sort of painting a feeling in the air. I know that might sound corny, but-

    Michael Jackson:
    No. No, that’s a perfect analogy.
    Pharrell Williams: And when you know it’s done, you know it’s done. It’s like painting or sculpting. When you let it go it’s because you know that it’s finished. It’s completed. And vice versa-it tells you, “Hey, I’m done.”

    Michael Jackson:
    Yeah. And it refuses to let you sleep until it’s finished.
    Pharrell Williams: That’s right.

    Michael Jackson:
    Yeah, I go through the same thing. [laughs] And what do you think of the music today-are you into the new sounds that are being created and the direction that music is going?
    Pharrell Williams: Well, personally, I kind of feel like I’m taking notes from people like yourself and Stevie Wonder and Donny Hathaway, and just sort of doing what feels right.

    Michael Jackson:
    Right.
    Pharrell Williams: You know, like when everyone was going one way, you went Off The Wall.

    Michael Jackson:
    Right. [laughs]
    Pharrell Williams: And when everyone else was going another way, you went Thriller. You just did it your way. And I’m taking notes from people like yourself, like not being afraid to listen to your feelings and turn your aspirations and ambitions into material. Making it happen, making it materialize.

    Michael Jackson:
    That’s beautiful. That’s lovely. You said that very well. I wanted to ask you-do you feel, the way I do, that it’s almost like pregnancy, giving birth? Writing a song is like having a child, and once the song is finished, it’s like letting the child into the world. Do you ever feel like that, like it’s hard to let go?
    Pharrell Williams: You know what? I did an interview the other day to present a video, and I was afraid to let it go. That was for a video, but the video to me is like the second part of the song because it is the interpretation given in a visual perspective. So, yes, I completely feel that way. And it’s like sometimes if you play something to people and they don’t get it, it’s like your child who’s done something and everyone is pointing fingers and you’re like, “Wait! This is my kid!” Now, I’m not a father, but I imagine that’s the way it would be-at least that’s how I feel about my songs.

    Michael Jackson:
    Right. Now the different forms of music/popular-culture music/that the black race has been responsible for bringing in, ushering in, from jazz to pop to rock-n-roll to hip hop, you name it, what do you think all that is about? Is it given from God?
    Pharrell Williams: I think all music is a gift from God. And-[a fan interrupts] Michael, can you hold on for one second? [Williams talks to a fan for a few seconds, then resumes talking to Jackson] Sorry.

    Michael Jackson:
    [laughs] Blues, rock-n-roll, all the different forms of popular music-like rock-n-roll was invented by Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Fats Domino.
    Pharrell Williams: Absolutely.

    Michael Jackson:
    Even the dances from the cakewalk to the Charleston, the popping, the breaking, the locking. Don’t you think they’re a gift from God?
    Pharrell Williams: Absolutely. God gave us that gift when he gave us the gift of interpretation. I mean, when you write your lyrics, you’re writing to someone, or to the world. When you’re playing, you’re playing something for the world to hear. When you’re dancing, you’re dancing for people to see. It’s just a form of expression. And the there are times when you might be a little more introverted about it, when you’re dancing, writing, or playing for yourself, and you have no idea how amazing what you’re doing looks, sounds, or feels, until somebody else tells you, or until you record it and go back and look at it.

    Michael Jackson:
    That’s right. Who are some of the older artists-not the artists on the radio today-who inspired you when you were younger? Like the artists your father listened to, did you learn anything from those artists?
    Pharrell Williams: Absolutely. The Isley Brothers.

    Michael Jackson:
    Yeah, me too. I love the Isley Brothers. And I love Sly & the Family Stone.
    Pharrell Williams: Donny Hathaway, Stevie Wonder…

    Michael Jackson:
    You like all the people I like. [laughs]
    Pharrell Williams: Those chord changes. They take you away.

    Michael Jackson:
    Beautiful, beautiful. Okay, well where are you? In New York?
    Pharrell Williams: I’m in Virginia Beach, Virginia, sir.

    Michael Jackson:
    Virginia! Oh, beautiful. Will you give my love to Virginia?
    Pharrell Williams: Yes. Thankyou.

    Michael Jackson:
    And your mother and your parents? Because God has blessed you with special gifts.
    Pharrell Williams: Thank you, sir. And I just wanted to say something, and I don’t know if you want to hear this, but I have to say it because it’s on my heart. But people bother you-

    Michael Jackson:
    Yeah.
    Pharrell Williams: Because they love you. That’s the only reason why. When you do something that people don’t necessarily understand, they’re going to make it into a bigger problem than they would for anybody else because one of the most amazing talents that’s ever lived. You’ve accomplished and achieved more in this century than most other men.

    Michael Jackson:
    Well, thank you very much. That’s very kind of you.
    Pharrell Williams: What you do is so amazing. When you are 100 years old, and they’re still making up things about what you’ve done to this and what you’ve done to that on your body-please believe me, if you decided you wanted to dip your whole body in chrome, you are so amazing that the world, no matter what they say, is going to be right there to see it. And that is because of what you have achieved in the music world, and in changing people’s lives. People are having children to your songs. You’ve affected the world.

    Michael Jackson:
    Thank you very much. It’s like the bigger the star, the bigger the target. You know when you’re-and I’m not being a braggadocio or anything like that-but you know you’re on top when they start throwing arrows at you. Even Jesus was crucified. People who bring light into the world, from Mahatma Gandhi to Martin Luther King to Jesus Christ, even myself. And my motto has been Heal the World, We are the world, Earth Song, Save Our Children, Help Our Planet. And people want to persecute me for it, but it never hurts, because the fan base becomes stronger. I’m resilient. I have rhinoceros skin. Nothing can hurt me. Nothing.
    Pharrell Williams: Well, that’s precisely my point. I just want to let you know you’re amazing, man. What you do to music, from “Billie Jean” to “That’s What You Get (For Being Polite)”-[sings “That’s what you get for being polite”].

    Michael Jackson:
    Oh, you know that one? [laughs]
    Pharrell Williams: [sings “Jack still sits all alone”]

    Michael Jackson:
    Boy, you know all those ones.
    Pharrell Williams: When you do that, you do that to the world. [resumes singing “Jack still sits all alone”]

    Michael Jackson:
    [hums a guitar riff]
    Pharrell Williams: If I never work with you, just know that you are unstoppable. That’s why I said, when you’re 100 years old and you decide to dip your entire body in chrome, as much as they say things-and I don’t care what they say about you, sir- they’re going to be right there to see it.

    Michael Jackson:
    There’s a lot of jealousy there. I love all races, I love all people, but sometimes there’s a devil in people, and they get jealous. Every time there’s a luminary that goes beyond the heights of his field of endeavor, people tend to get jealous and try to bring him down. But they can’t with me because I’m very, very, very, strong. [laughs] They don’t know that, though.
    Pharrell Williams: They know! Please believe me, they know!

    Michael Jackson:
    Anyone else would’ve cracked by now; they can’t crack me. I’m very strong.
    Pharrell Williams: Of course. They couldn’t crack you when you were 10, because you were destroying grown men doing what you did with your voice and your talent. And when you were 20, you were outdoing people that had been doing it for 20 or 30 years. And nowadays they’re still waiting to see where you’re at. They want to see your kids, they want to see your world. You’re amazing, and I just wanted to tell you that, man. And I hope that this all gets printed because it’s very important to me. I hope I can be half as dope as you one day.

    Michael Jackson:
    Oh, God bless you. You’re wonderful, too. Thank you so much.
    Pharrell Williams: Thank you, man.

    Michael Jackson:
    Have a lovely day.
    Pharrell Williams: You too, sir.

    Michael Jackson:
    Thank you. Bye.
    Pharrell Williams: Bye.
    Last edited by mjchris; 13-05-2019 at 02:28 PM.

  15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mjchris For This Useful Post:


  16. #10
    Points: 1,547, Level: 22
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entry1000 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    NatureCriminal7896's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    300
    Points
    1,547
    Level
    22
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    234
    Thanked 57 Times in 46 Posts

    Default Re: Throwback: MJ Interviews Pharrell Williams (June, 2003)

    Quote Originally Posted by DuranDuran View Post
    Nobody can make much money doing anything unless a lot of people buy and/or support what they're selling. Like drug dealers wouldn't exist if people didn't do drugs. So the media is just giving the people what they want.
    Well they doing a terrible job.



    a female with depression and mental delays

  17. #11
    Points: 58,039, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nibiru
    Posts
    9,648
    Points
    58,039
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1,352 Times in 856 Posts

    Default Re: Throwback: MJ Interviews Pharrell Williams (June, 2003)

    Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    Well they doing a terrible job.
    If millions of people watch the Fox News channel, that is not Fox News fault. They don't force anybody to watch it. Generally if a TV show gets low ratings then it gets cancelled. The National Inquirer has lasted for many decades because a lot of people buy it. Now there are TV versions of gossip like TMZ and online (Lipstick Alley, Perez Hilton). The way I see it, you can't only blame the media. You would have to blame the audience/customers who watch and read it too. The media is no different than any other business. Do people stop buying jewelry, clothes, or chocolate because there might be slavery or a sweatshop behind it? No. Do people stop buying oil because a company has an oil spill in the ocean? Not really. Did people ever stop buying music because the record labels were ripping off their artists? No. Many people stopped buying physical music items because they could get free music on the internet. You can't expect a business to be super ethical, when the consumer isn't either. Like people voted for the president when he had his scam Trump University and talked about grabbing women in the crotch. So like I said the media is giving the people what they want. If they're making a lot of profit and are successful, then how are they doing a terrible job at it? If the media make a lot of money doing so, of course they're going to keep doing what they're doing.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to DuranDuran For This Useful Post:


  19. #12
    Points: 15,807, Level: 80
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree FriendsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8,611
    Points
    15,807
    Level
    80
    Thanks
    994
    Thanked 2,651 Times in 1,140 Posts

    Default Re: Throwback: MJ Interviews Pharrell Williams (June, 2003)

    Quote Originally Posted by DuranDuran View Post
    If millions of people watch the Fox News channel, that is not Fox News fault. They don't force anybody to watch it. Generally if a TV show gets low ratings then it gets cancelled. The National Inquirer has lasted for many decades because a lot of people buy it. Now there are TV versions of gossip like TMZ and online (Lipstick Alley, Perez Hilton). The way I see it, you can't only blame the media. You would have to blame the audience/customers who watch and read it too. The media is no different than any other business. Do people stop buying jewelry, clothes, or chocolate because there might be slavery or a sweatshop behind it? No. Do people stop buying oil because a company has an oil spill in the ocean? Not really. Did people ever stop buying music because the record labels were ripping off their artists? No. Many people stopped buying physical music items because they could get free music on the internet. You can't expect a business to be super ethical, when the consumer isn't either. Like people voted for the president when he had his scam Trump University and talked about grabbing women in the crotch. So like I said the media is giving the people what they want. If they're making a lot of profit and are successful, then how are they doing a terrible job at it? If the media make a lot of money doing so, of course they're going to keep doing what they're doing.
    the media will get it because they suppose to go by "ethnical standard" of being TRUTHFUL. That is why they get mad at Trump for calling them FAKE MEDIA. Well, many of them are fake. That the issue. They have the "ability" to shape "thought".
    Mike's PYT

  20. #13
    Points: 58,039, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nibiru
    Posts
    9,648
    Points
    58,039
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1,352 Times in 856 Posts

    Default Re: Throwback: MJ Interviews Pharrell Williams (June, 2003)

    Quote Originally Posted by terrell View Post
    the media will get it because they suppose to go by "ethnical standard" of being TRUTHFUL. That is why they get mad at Trump for calling them FAKE MEDIA. Well, many of them are fake. That the issue. They have the "ability" to shape "thought".
    That has never really been the case though with mainstream media. The government paid Walt Disney to make propaganda films in the 1940s. That's also why alternate media outlets came about, such as Black newspapers.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to DuranDuran For This Useful Post:


  22. #14
    Points: 9,751, Level: 66
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 299
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Toronto , ON
    Posts
    1,375
    Points
    9,751
    Level
    66
    Thanks
    3,635
    Thanked 1,782 Times in 691 Posts

    Default Re: Throwback: MJ Interviews Pharrell Williams (June, 2003)

    Quote Originally Posted by DuranDuran View Post
    That has never really been the case though with mainstream media. The government paid Walt Disney to make propaganda films in the 1940s. That's also why alternate media outlets came about, such as Black newspapers.
    *offtopic*
    I agree the media cant be fully to blame. We tune in, give them ratings etc. We have the choice not to do that. The media here isn't as bad as the US id imagine. Fox news is pure republican propaganda. MSM is corrupt IMO. For people that dont accept what the media portrays as fact and do their own research are better off. Media is interested in $ not the truth. "Journalism is dead" is a sad and true statement for the most part...
    Last edited by Robbsaber01; 15-05-2019 at 03:57 AM.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Robbsaber01 For This Useful Post:


  24. #15
    Points: 1,547, Level: 22
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entry1000 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    NatureCriminal7896's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    300
    Points
    1,547
    Level
    22
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    234
    Thanked 57 Times in 46 Posts

    Default Re: Throwback: MJ Interviews Pharrell Williams (June, 2003)

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbsaber01 View Post
    *offtopic*
    I agree the media cant be fully to blame. We tune in, give them ratings etc. We have the choice not to do that. The media here isn't as bad as the US id imagine. Fox news is pure republican propaganda. MSM is corrupt IMO. For people that dont accept what the media portrays as fact and do their own research are better off. Media is interested in $ not the truth. "Journalism is dead" is a sad and true statement for the most part...
    So true.



    a female with depression and mental delays

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to NatureCriminal7896 For This Useful Post:


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •