Xscape - 5th Anniversary [ask about feedback]

NuTNC

Proud Member
hi guys, sorry that they forgot celebrate 5th Anniversary of Xscape album (deleyed 6 days later)
I ask everyone that
Everyone wants to solve the Xscape album or feedback?

Thanks for starting this thread. I love parts of the Xscape album (Loving You, Xscape and the demos) but a lot of the reworked versions haven't aged well for me.
Hopefully we won't have to wait too long until we have some new material

Place with no name is my favourite. I love the re-work of it done by Stargate.

I haven't listen to the whole album yet but from what i listen it's pretty good. you have the original songs/demos that Michael never unrelease and you got people who has remixed with a different beat and tones. i would say it fit with today people and the original songs/demos fit with the older fans. i haven't listen to the whole album yet so my opinion will probably change but right now i give it 3 stars.

i'm not sure would Michael loved people remixing his unrelease original songs/demos but i know he did say he wanted to try different genres.

i heard somewhere that the reason these songs was never release because Michael didn't like them and felt they wouldn't be remembered. he's got a point some of these songs not at all remembered but they pretty good. i need to listen the whole album to really say i will remember these songs but i guess since it was after his passing you can't say what Michael had plan for this album.

i hope the estate will release some more of his unrelease music. i heard there alot in the vault so we got alot of music to last for our lifetime. Thanks Michael. :)

Last edited:
I dont like this album except for 2 tracks but the original demos is nice to have.
I feel Timbaland didnt get Michael at all as MJ loved guitars and instead we get silly video game sounds overdubbing instead of Slash on guitar....or other guitars players.
DYKWYCA is completely ruined by Mr T IMO
As it is I play some of the tracks on the Michael 2010 album all the time but Xscape album almost never.

Last edited:
Xscape was great, the reworks were great (imo) and they released the demos too, which made it feel like they weren't replacing Michael's original work and it gave people who didn't like the reworks, the originals in great quality. I think they got it right.

I hope we get some new stuff soon and I feel like they were gearing up for a single release before Leaving Neverland dropped, which stopped them in their tracks, so I wouldn't expect anything new for a while now, unfortunately.

Mr. T would like to respond to that
ShbOTxl__400x400.jpg

I´m a purist. MJs ´demos´ are great. I LOVE some... - hm, yes, 5 songs.

In my opinion all the remixes ruined MJs ideas of the original songs. Michael always decided to release his songs in a timeless sound. At the same time he hit with it exactly! the nerve of a specific era. That is MJs unique art! In contrast to that these remixes are opportunistic sounds which follow just current trends in popmusic - which probably will be boring when any next fashion of popmusic production will emerge.

And then perhaps some people will look for the original songs. Which MJ decided not to release - for reasons he did know... But - we don´t.

I like some songs on Xscape and i'm not too fond of some others like the remake of Place With Name (what they did to that track is inexcusable imo).

Themidwestcowboy;4258297 said:
I like some songs on Xscape and i'm not too fond of some others like the remake of Place With Name (what they did to that track is inexcusable imo).

I love the Xscape album. Just bought the deluxe version again. To have both the original AND remixed versions on one album is the best of both worlds. This album still sounds fresh TODAY. I still listen to it almost daily. I never tire of it. It’s up there with my favorite classic MJ albums.

somewhereinthedark;4258311 said:
I love the Xscape album. Just bought the deluxe version again. To have both the original AND remixed versions on one album is the best of both worlds. This album still sounds fresh TODAY. I still listen to it almost daily. I never tire of it. It’s up there with my favorite classic MJ albums.

It's only been 5 years....

I dont like this album except for 2 tracks but the original demos is nice to have.
I feel Timbaland didnt get Michael at all as MJ loved guitars and instead we get silly video game sounds overdubbing instead of Slash on guitar....or other guitars players.
As it is I play some of the tracks on the Michael 2010 album all the time but Xscape album almost never.

The original of DYKWYCA is definitely vastly superior. What also annoys me about Timberland is his need to inject himself into the songs he produces. His pointless adlibs are just irritating and distracting.

I prefer to listen mostly to the original Demos of the postumous released songs (on the "Sven Nelson"s- channel) where I can feel the real MJ trough the music!
I love every original Michael Jackson song and don't wanna miss one!
I never bought "Xcape" or "Michael" cause I didn't wanted support and help Sony to get money out of it!
I absolutly can't forgive and the estate the thing with the fake tracks that they are selling on a Michael Jackson album til this day!
With Xcape they should have released one version with only the original demos and one versions with the demos and the remixes to honar Michael.
Not the other way around. But with the choosen way, sony could keep more money from each album by themself and had to give less to the estate.

A few remixer on YouTube are muuuuuch better to work with MJs art then any of the people who worked on the two albums!

Last edited:
Xscape isn't an album I listen to often, as I feel like it hasn't aged well at all. It's a good album, but it's one of my least listened to MJ albums.

Anyway here is how I feel about each track and which version I feel is superior.

1) Love Never Felt So Good MJ solo Xscape version> LNFSG MJ Demo > JT Duet. JT ruins the song for me with his annoying vocals, so his version is a total no-no for me. MJ demo version is nice, but it does get a bit boring. His solo contemporised version is really nice.

2) Chicago leaked 2010 rock version > Chicago demo version > Chicage Xscape version. The best version is the 2010 unreleased rock version. This song totally works as a rock song, and I wish they released the rock version of the song on Xscape. The Xscape version is really annoying with those duck sounds, while the demo version is alright, but nothing special.

3) Loving You demo version = Loving You Xscape version. This song is a perfect example of contemporising a song, while still keeping most of the orginal elements of the song. Timbland did a very fine job with this one.

4) A Place With No Name Xscape version > APWNN demo version. I know this is a controversial opinion, as most hate the Xscape version, but I really like it. I think the demo version is solid, but it feels a bit bland and lifeless, whereas the Xscape version feel more lively, which is why I prefer it over the original demo version.

5) Slave To The Rhythm demo version > STTR Xscape version. I like both versions, but I slightly prefer the demo version, because the Xscape version just ends abruptly, which I don't like.

6) Do You Know Where Your Children Are demo version > DYKWYCA Xscape version. I praised Timbaland earlier for his work on Loving You, but the contemporised version of this song is a perfect example of how to completely destroy a song. This is a very good song with a very important message, but Timbaland totally ruined it with his version. Shame on him.

7) Blue Gangsta demo version > Blue Gangsta Xscape version. Again, both versions are fine, but I slightly prefer the orginal version, because I'm not a fan of the whole production/instrumentation during the chorus of the Xscape version.

8) Xscape (Xscape) version > Xscape demo version. This is my favourite song from the album, and one of my favourites 2000s MJ song. I loved the orginal version when I first heard it, and I love the contemporised version even more. Darkchild did an amazing job capturing MJ's vision with the modern version. I wish he was involved with more songs on the project.

Back