How Could Have Michael Stopped Evan Chandler? What Would YOU Have Done?

Arckangel

Proud Member
Okay. What's done is done. It is not possible to undo the course of events, but I wish Michael had been able to STOP Evan Chandler and other vultures right from the moment they posed a threat.

Now, I do not mean to scare any of you. Sometimes, I write something and some amplify it a lot. I'm not saying Michael should have done something illegal, but I now feel he was too soft. I kinda wish he had been meaner à la Suge Knight (now serving a 28 yr-old prison sentence, I know).

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-conversation="none" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Michael Jackson had an excellent opportunity to prevent the accusations from going public in Aug 1993. Had he paid them $20m dollars, the Chandlers wouldn't have made allegations against him in the first place, which they again admitted in their own book! <a href="https://t.co/jaPXTCoqbE">pic.twitter.com/jaPXTCoqbE</a></p>&mdash; TIRED OF INJUSTICE (@deboleena_) <a href="https://twitter.com/deboleena_/status/1107906150597419008?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 19, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What should Michael have done after Evan Chandler blackmailed him that way? Giving him the money? Maybe! Maybe Evan would have left Michael alone (since he mostly cared about the money), but what if he then demanded more and more money? Michael probably thought of that. And Michael knew that giving him that amount would have been unethical on both parts (theft of Evan's part, a can of worms on Michael's part in the event the transaction became public knowledge).

But not giving him that amount led to the false police reports, the arrest, the strip search, and the rest is unfortunate history. Is there any way Michael could have stopped Evan in his tracks? People like Suge Knight would most likely have ordered a "clean, untraceable hit" in order to silence Evan for good, but Michael was not a murderer.

Maureen Orth still stands by her story that Michael had paid $250,000 on a Voodoo ritual to curse his enemies. Was it true and did such a spell work, history would have played out differently. Was Michael an occult mastermind (like E.A. Koetting, Chris of Sorcerous Endeavors or V.K. Jehannum), he would have likely placed a hex on Evan to try and silence him, but he was a Christian and still felt guilty about celebrating Xmas (due to his JW upbringing).

Were you in Michael's shoes, what would you have done if Evan Chandler had come to you, demanding $20 million or he'd go to the cops with false child sex abuse charges? How would you have stopped him and prevented such charges from being pressed?

I cannot even begin to understand the pressure he was under to settle. 20/20 being what it is though - I wish he’d have fought it in court. Meaning, going through the civil case.

Their case with Jordie was weaker than Gavin’s clearly if they managed to get an indictment from that than the first case.

I know it’s easier said when you’re not the one being accused but I have faith that had he not settled - none of of this happening now would be happening. I do get what his concerns were though so I don’t fault him for wanting this behind him.

Michael was a massive target and he placed himself in a vulnerable position. I am reluctant to criticise him for this, but I feel I would never have placed myself in such a position in the first place.

I see. But what would you have done if cornered the way he was? Evan Chandler was a ticking bomb, and he was not kidding at all! Was I Michael, I think I would have called the Nation of Islam, Suge Knight, some gansta rappers or whomever else, explained the situation and asked them "to do whatever needs to be done". That's it!

This thread is not so much about Michael preventing that situation in the first place but more about Michael STOPPING Evan Chandler the moment he blackmailed him.

Let's face it. Michael Jackson's life was never the same after that 1993 case (and it did not help that Jack Gordon had LaToya falsely and publicly accuse Michael with specific details such as cheques written to parents of Jimmy Safechuck and other kids, etc.).

As Taj Jackson explained, many people immediately believed the allegations not even waiting for real proof and an actual conviction, and to this day, the blatant lie that Jordan correctly identified MJ's privates is still being propagated by the likes of Perez Hilton and Maureen Orth.

Michael's career was not completely destroyed. He released a few more studio albums (and several compilations), went on one last major world tour (followed by smaller tours), but his reputation was beyond tarnished in the minds of many. He got married (twice), had kids, so I wouldn't say his life stopped right at that moment, but it kinda did in a way. His good name, his character were assassinated by such allegations that gave rise to all the subsequent ones and this current Leaving Neverland era.

Last edited:
I don't know what i would say or do if i was in his shoes. first off probably get some help that this guy want money from me and lying on me and won't let me be. but Michael was superstar and like you said an easy target he was just too sweet for this planet. and he was in Hollywood and we all know how Hollywood is. i really feel bad for him. he just too innocent for this planet.

would i give chandler some money if he needed help but other then that he wouldn't get anymore money from me. i believe everybody used Michael for money.

I feel Michael should have told that these people were lying on him. which i think he did. poor guy.

Attack is thebest line of defence. Go public first file lawsuits. Made police, fbi complaints (not that would have helped) but circumstances didnt allow for it

It's a complicated situation and I believe Michael didn't really have a choice but to settle. They weren't even going to give him a fair trial. In his situation maybe I would have tried to fight anyway though.

Personally, there's been situations within my own family where family members go after other family members' money, and I've never been involved directly, but once you give them money, they don't stop. They want more and more until they bleed you dry. I would have nothing to do with these people, and I hate what they've done to my loved ones. I can ignore these people, but that's not so easy when you're Michael Jackson, the most famous person on the planet. The greed is magnified.

Back