Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: MSG 30th 2001: Dancing Machine?

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 271
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: MSG 30th 2001: Dancing Machine?

well to the POP performance I have to say YEEES,.. love the energy, BUT... I think he missed the cues because it wasn´t rehearsed, and I don´t know why They putted a chair there for him at the end...

To MSG... Karren said that he was late that night, drugged and sleepy at his hotel room, didn´t want to perform with brothers, still after all these years, their relationships were not great…

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,582 Times in 1,859 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    The final one I've never been able to work out if it was intentional or not. If unintentional it is WAY off.
    Although I think the whole thing was a bit odd I cut MJ some slack because it wasn't his song and he probably didn't know all the breaks and stops. Given that they didn't rehearse it..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Themidwestcowboy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 123
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Themidwestcowboy View Post
    Although I think the whole thing was a bit odd I cut MJ some slack because it wasn't his song and he probably didn't know all the breaks and stops. Given that they didn't rehearse it..
    Why didn't he rehearse anything?

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,167
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,606 Times in 1,072 Posts

seems like it was just like..

"hey mike, you can come on stage with us... oh it's not complicated you just gonna do some cool moves.. alright."

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mj_frenzy View Post
    It was also a particular incident (concerning the shooting of the ‘You Rock My World’ music video) that upset him greatly at that time.

It took place few months before the MSG shows (summer of 2001), when the team that was about to make that music video demanded that MJ had to make specific cosmetic changes on his face (through make up) in order to look good on that video.

They wanted, among other things, to put putty on his nose (which is a make up product filler for that area), but also to use make up in order to darken his skin.

When MJ learned about those demands, he became so upset that he locked himself in the bathroom crying & refusing to get out, while he was throwing various things in there.

He thought that the team saw him as an ugly man, & that caused him an additional, enormous psychological trauma.

So big was that psychological trauma that in the music video (while singing & dancing) he was persistently trying to hide his face.

That psychological trauma (caused by those team’s demands for that music video) continued to have a very bad effect on him even during those two MSG shows in September.
    Is this based on FACTS or rumors? I’ve never heard this before. Who is the source?

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

I'm loving this conversation. But imo idk what was up with that pop performance. I thought it had something to do with him not having an earpiece like the situation on this is it. New technology even in 01

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,582 Times in 1,859 Posts

I like it when it's not rehearsed like when he did both James Brown appearances. It was great seeing MJ being spontaneous again.

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 215
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Electro View Post
    Yep, a claim not being refuted always means it's 100% proven fact.

And again, that's a jump to a conclusion, speculation presented as fact. A classic mj_frency.
    But hey, as Karen Faye, John McClain, Paul Hunter don't refute it, it must be true.

I'm not saying that it's not possible that that was the reason that Michael wasn't as much involved as he used to be in his video productions. But WE (incl. YOU, mj_frency) don't KNOW. Michael also wasn't as involved with song writing on the Invicible album as he used to be... can that ONLY mean that he was upset with something, or possibly a row of other reasons as well? (rhetorical question)

True, but what I and others here are dismissing is YOUR way of presenting your personal speculations (however likely correct they are or not) as stone cold facts. Again and again.
    Firstly, you even misspelled my username twice.

Now, listen to me:

Such stories (like the drama surrounding the shooting of that music video) provide to us the missing pieces of the puzzle, pieces which make things on the whole finally make better sense regarding a given era of MJ’s life.

Besides, Frank Cascio did not need to come up with a fake story in his book, especially with a story involving so many living persons because if it was fake it would have been refuted by any of them in no time.

Keep in mind that, according to Frank Cascio, MJ cursed a lot during that time (including, during that incident), which ties with many other accounts that were included on Mike Smallcombe’s ‘Making Michael’ book.

Frank Cascio aimed at providing all these behind stories that eventually explain MJ’s public actions & behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by somewhereinthedark View Post
    Is this based on FACTS or rumors? I’ve never heard this before. Who is the source?
    It is based on facts, taken from Frank Cascio book ‘My Friend Michael’.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 483
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,957 Times in 997 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Themidwestcowboy View Post
    I like it when it's not rehearsed like when he did both James Brown appearances. It was great seeing MJ being spontaneous again.
    Me too, but MJ didn't like that. I think the only reason he agreed to dance spontaneously at the BET Awards was because James Brown asked him, and he was his idol.

The NSync cameo wasn't a spontaneous moment like that, it was clearly planned. Given how much of a perfectionist MJ would usually be when it came to award show performances, it is surprising that this performance was quite sloppy (though, like you, I also enjoyed it - warts and all - exactly because it seemed unrehearsed). It's also noteworthy that they had a chair ready for him, and rushed to instantly hand him a drink.

2001 to 2003 has always been a sad period, imo. Whatever was going on, he clearly was not in a good place. It's the only time in his life where he did not seem like himself.

It is based on facts, taken from Frank Cascio book ‘My Friend Michael’.
    A single person's claim is not proven fact. Particularly when the source is a guy who has shown he has no problem with shamelessly lying when it suits him (when he defended and made up ridiculous and blatantly rubbish excuses for the Cascio tracks).

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registered5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lubyss View Post
    To MSG... Karren said that he was late that night, drugged and sleepy at his hotel room, didn´t want to perform with brothers, still after all these years, their relationships were not great…
    Everyone keep saying Michael and his brothers relationship were bad. i know the thing about him and Jermaine but what about the others? did Michael really had a bad relationship with his family? i know he did with his dad.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registered5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SoCav View Post
    2001 to 2003 has always been a sad period, imo. Whatever was going on, he clearly was not in a good place. It's the only time in his life where he did not seem like himself.
    I agree.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

The early 2000's of Michael didn't seem like himself. maybe that's because it was before and after those allegations and trials. he was only 43 so he wasn't that old he was much very young plus he was also a dad too now so he had to look after the kids. being a parent is alot stress. 3 by the way. two children and a baby. i mean come on think about all of that.
    Last edited by NatureCriminal7896; 12-06-2019 at 03:40 PM.

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 278
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,699 Times in 1,333 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SoCav View Post

It really was and he really was not in shape to promote a new album and his look at the time did not help. It seemed he did not felt well in his skin.
    1999 would habe been a perfect time to bring out his new album. He was in perfect shape at the Michael and friends concerts. He waited really to long and 2001, 6 years after the last album he was in pressure to bring it out and could not delay to a better time in his life.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Level
    Thanks

Firstly, you even misspelled my username twice.

Now, listen to me:

I sense a narcissistic condition.

Such stories (like the drama surrounding the shooting of that music video) provide to us the missing pieces of the puzzle, pieces which make things on the whole finally make better sense regarding a given era of MJ’s life.

Besides, Frank Cascio did not need to come up with a fake story in his book, especially with a story involving so many living persons because if it was fake it would have been refuted by any of them in no time.

Keep in mind that, according to Frank Cascio, MJ cursed a lot during that time (including, during that incident), which ties with many other accounts that were included on Mike Smallcombe’s ‘Making Michael’ book.

Frank Cascio aimed at providing all these behind stories that eventually explain MJ’s public actions & behaviour.

You keep ignoring my point.

I have actually read Franks book and found it interesting and (besides some remaining doubts about that John McClain story) believeable.

The point of my criticism towards you is that you've repeatedly shown not to be able to differentiate between facts and your additional spectulation based on them. Just because you have made your mind up about the probability of a certain speculation, it doesn't turn that speculation into fact.

A fact: Frank Cascio wrote this.

A speculation: It's true, and because of that Michael later felt and did this and that.

Spot the difference?

Speculating is fine. We're all just fans here and we speculate over things we don't know. Stating these speculations as facts is not fine, it's highly annoying. Especially in this age where the MJ community is already suffering from enough fake MJ facts.
    Last edited by Electro; 13-06-2019 at 12:18 AM.

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 123
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Clearly it wasn't spontaneous when they had time to build a prop, do a little animation and record the "kings of pop" line.

The James Brown thing looked spontaneous, this looked planned and the impression people ended up with was that Michael missed his cues. It's just odd is all.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisC For This Useful Post: