Would Donald Trump had been elected President of the US if MJ we’re still with us?

CrazyVegasMJ

Proud Member
I haven’t been posting on here in a while so mods please move this thread to the appropriate section if this isn’t the correct one..

but I’ve been wondering if this world would still be in the current state that it’s in had Michael not passed already? (I supposed more specifically the US but really the question could apply to a much more international scope)

There’s so much open division and hatred and Michael always fought against that in his piblic and artistic life..

What’s the collective thoughts on this? Thanks

-Dallas

Yes...
Why would a singer who died in 2009 have any effect on the current political climate, let alone a presidential win?

Michael was just one man. Surely he couldn’t have changed the opinion of everyone who voted for Trump. This isn’t necessarily directed at you op, but I think people need to understand that celebrities don’t much say in who becomes the president. A lot of big famous artists/celebrities were advocating for Hilary Clinton during the elections, yet she didn’t win. So Michael being alive won’t have changed anything in regards to Trump becoming the president.

And considering Michael’s upbringing, he most likely wouldn’t have even taken sides during the presidential campaign.

Michael would have been so ashamed and infuriated to ever have been associated with this orange monster baby, that sooner or later he would have transformed into a rare prototype sports car and ran over Trump several times (just to make sure).
jep.gif

Last edited:
Yes, Trump would still have appealed to the demographics that he appeals to.

I'm sure Michael would have continued to put a focus on environmental issues and uniting people through music and film. He could have done incredible things and inspired so many people. Especially with the power of social media and new technology. The world would definitely be different in some way. To what extent, we will never know. Influencing who got elected would have required something very powerful and sustained, to prevent the shift that drew people to Trump in the first place. I guess it's not impossible, but I'd say it's extremely unlikely that he would have changed the election result.

The answer is yes.
He never took sides in the past, why he would have to start with Clinton vs Trump?
Anyway, I don't know how most of you are sure that he would have been on Hilary side

This is not something that we need to be discussing.

The topic presumes to give MJ more power than any one person can and does have.

Trump would’ve been a better President if Michael’s was still here and he wouldn’t be misogynistic, racist, defaming jack@$$.

And what makes anyone think that Michael would be against Trump? If I am correct, Michael and Trump were on good terms, so he probably wouldn't have spoken out against him. And I dislike Trump but Liberals/Democrats need to stop acting like Hilary Clinton is some godess, because she isn't.

electorial college

Unless Mike had some sort of control over the electoral college, then no. It is the college that really chooses the US president. Both Al Gore & Hillary Clinton won the popular vote, but did not become president.

And what makes anyone think that Michael would be against Trump? If I am correct, Michael and Trump were on good terms, so he probably wouldn't have spoken out against him. And I dislike Trump but Liberals/Democrats need to stop acting like Hilary Clinton is some godess, because she isn't.
Some Trump supporters/Mj fans bring that up. First off yes they were on good terms at one point. Doesnt mean he would today. I highly doubt it IMO. Whoopi Goldberg said it best "Theyre two Trumps, the one we knew before the election, and the one thats President". If you watch the Celebrity Roast of Trump (2012 I think) several celebrities were in support of him running. None of them support him now lol.

So to answer OP yes, sadly he probably would have become president regardless.
Im not American so I have no say, but please dont make the same mistake twice.

No, Michael would not be powerful enough to have any effect on the election. Maybe if he could have ran himself. :p He was never very open about his political views though. The world does somehow seem dimmer without Michael though, but I'm sure it has nothing to do with him being gone.

I don't like politics. and Michael never talk about politics. he just wanted to heal the world.
Probably because the Jackson kids were raised Jehovah's Witnesses although Papa Joe was never a member. JW's don't get involved with voting or saluting the flag. I wonder what they thought about Mike taking pictures and receiving an award from Reagan at the time. Most of them left. I'm not totally sure, but I think Rebbie is the only sibling still a JW. Jermaine later became Muslim. He even has an Islamic name, but never officially changed it like Muhammad Ali did.

This is not something that we need to be discussing.

The topic presumes to give MJ more power than any one person can and does have.

I agree. Michael was not a fan of politics. he just wanted world peace and help the children and the environment.

Michael mother is still apart of it i think and she teaching Michael kids it now but i think Paris has left it.

I don't see the link here...

Trump being president has and would have nothing to do with MJ.

Since Bill Clinton MJ has stayed out of politics and not supported anyone - though I think MJ must have liked Obama a lot - just my thoughts..

SO - if MJ was alive or not would change absolutely nothing - how could it? I am quite sure that MJ would NOT support Trump even though their history goes waaay back and Trump helped MJ back in the days.

Jackson Rules;4259610 said:
He never took sides in the past, why he would have to start with Clinton vs Trump?
Anyway, I don't know how most of you are sure that he would have been on Hilary side

NatureCriminal7896;4259859 said:
I don't like politics. and Michael never talk about politics. he just wanted to heal the world.

DuranDuran;4259861 said:
Probably because the Jackson kids were raised Jehovah's Witnesses although Papa Joe was never a member. JW's don't get involved with voting or saluting the flag.

NatureCriminal7896;4259862 said:
I agree. Michael was not a fan of politics. he just wanted world peace and help the children and the environment.

Hess;4259878 said:
Since Bill Clinton MJ has stayed out of politics and not supported anyone - though I think MJ must have liked Obama a lot - just my thoughts..

Contrary to popular & false belief, MJ was involved in politics.

One clear example is that MJ helped the Democratic Party financially with his performance at the Night At The Apollo in 2002.

His performance was meant to be a fundraiser event for that Party.

Here is what Bill Clinton said about that, among other things:

“… He [MJ] basically helped save my party from terrible financial distress, so he was very kind to me personally…”

Also, MJ would have voted for Hillary Clinton at the 2016 United States presidential election, according to his brother Jermaine.

Jermaine revealed also that actually the entire Jackson family are supporters of the Democratic Party.

"... Of course. We’re Democrats!... Hands down!..." (Jermaine)

People, like MJ, who care a lot about global serious issues (such as, world peace, environment, healing the world, etc) are almost always involved in politics.

mj_frenzy;4259879 said:
Contrary to popular & false belief, MJ was involved in politics.

One clear example is that MJ helped the Democratic Party financially with his performance at the Night At The Apollo in 2002.

His performance was meant to be a fundraiser event for that Party.

Here is what Bill Clinton said about that, among other things:

“… He [MJ] basically helped save my party from terrible financial distress, so he was very kind to me personally…”

Also, MJ would have voted for Hillary Clinton at the 2016 United States presidential election, according to his brother Jermaine.

Jermaine revealed also that actually the entire Jackson family are supporters of the Democratic Party.

"... Of course. We’re Democrats!... Hands down!..." (Jermaine)

People, like MJ, who care a lot about global serious issues (such as, world peace, environment, healing the world, etc) are almost always involved in politics.

I know. - What I wrote was meant like - he did not publicly talked about politics. - He liked Bill Clinton, and I am very sure he would have voted for Hillary. - Like I think he voted for Obama. - But I doubt he would have talked about it in public.

Bill Clinton is - I think - the only president he publicly helped and supported.

Back