Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Documentary :Killing Michael Jackson' (about the Murray investigation) 22 June 19 UK

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: New Documentary :Killing Michael Jackson' (about the Murray investigation) 22 June 19 UK

The link doesn't work Would love to see this ........

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 465
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,680 Times in 740 Posts

Default Re: New Documentary :Killing Michael Jackson' (about the Murray investigation) 22 June 19 UK

Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    It’s hard to watch, but also very interesting to see the point of view of the detectives. The older one, I don’t remember his name, seemed to have a lot of empathy and looked genuinely sad.

It was also very revealing to learn how much politics played into the prosecution’s decision to not go for 2nd degree murder.

I’d recommend it to anyone who thinks they can handle it. It’s tough, though. I won’t watch it again.
    True. Good points.

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Don't have it in me to watch this but it always irked me how unremorseful Murray was. He killed Michael and recklessly endangered his life multiple times before June 25 and never once acted like he realized the enormity of what he did. I think he tried to blame Michael over and over, although I avoided most of his stuff and can't clearly remember. Sad he got out in just 2 years. They charged Michael with 20 different things but Murray gets a slap on the wrist for murder of the most famous person on Earth.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mjfan05 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,839 Times in 1,483 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mjfan05 View Post
    Don't have it in me to watch this but it always irked me how unremorseful Murray was. He killed Michael and recklessly endangered his life multiple times before June 25 and never once acted like he realized the enormity of what he did. I think he tried to blame Michael over and over, although I avoided most of his stuff and can't clearly remember. Sad he got out in just 2 years. They charged Michael with 20 different things but Murray gets a slap on the wrist for murder of the most famous person on Earth.
    Yeah, I don’t understand why he was released after only 2 years. This should only be possible if the person shows remorse. But he went straight onto TV and whined about how he lost everything, and wrote a book about what a great doctor he was and whatnot.

The reason he was charged with involuntary manslaughter instead of 2nd degree murder was – according to this documentary – that the Los Angeles prosecutors had a bad track record with convictions in high-profile cases, and they wanted to make sure they’d get a conviction this time around. They played it safe, so to speak, but you can tell the detectives were anything but happy with this decision.
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thijzzz View Post
    The link doesn't work Would love to see this ........
    Maybe message Dudex for a re-upload? He’s still active here.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Standard procedure about only doing half your sentence unless its a crime with special circumstances. Happens in the uk aswell. He didnt even do two. Just under.

Murray was an arrogant piece of you know what. Greedy with a lack of morals in many parts of his life.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to elusive moonwalker For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elusive moonwalker View Post
    Standard procedure about only doing half your sentence unless its a crime with special circumstances. Happens in the uk aswell. He didnt even do two. Just under.
    To be honest, I don’t even know how these things work here in Germany. Fortunately I haven’t been in any situation where this knowledge would have mattered. It just felt wrong, but if it’s the usual procedure then he’s entitled to it like anybody else, of course. Still feels wrong, though.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 215
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,413 Times in 1,196 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    Yeah, I don’t understand why he was released after only 2 years. This should only be possible if the person shows remorse. But he went straight onto TV and whined about how he lost everything, and wrote a book about what a great doctor he was and whatnot.

The reason he was charged with involuntary manslaughter instead of 2nd degree murder was – according to this documentary – that the Los Angeles prosecutors had a bad track record with convictions in high-profile cases, and they wanted to make sure they’d get a conviction this time around. They played it safe, so to speak, but you can tell the detectives were anything but happy with this decision.
    For a murder charge to stick, prosecutors have to be able to prove pre-meditation, planning and motive, I presume. There wasn't enough evidence for them to be able to prove that.

A four year sentence for involuntary manslaughter is ridiculously low...when he didn't even serve half of that because of over-crowded prison conditions, good behaviour and the whatever the other excuses were.....well it's completely disgusting.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mikky Dee View Post
    For a murder charge to stick, prosecutors have to be able to prove pre-meditation, planning and motive, I presume. There wasn't enough evidence for them to be able to prove that.

A four year sentence for involuntary manslaughter is ridiculously low...when he didn't even serve half of that because of over-crowded prison conditions, good behaviour and the whatever the other excuses were.....well it's completely disgusting.
    Not for murder 2. You "only" had to prove
    Grave negligence to the point the defendent knew it was highly likely or cetain that death would accure because of the defendents actions.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to elusive moonwalker For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 681
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,169 Times in 558 Posts

Grave negligence to the point the defendent knew it was highly likely or cetain that death would accure because of the defendents actions.
    Indeed. But they couldn't prove that either. Given that Michael was Murray's cash cow it isn't very likely that Murray would intentionally leave him in a position where he knew it was highly likely he would die. Though he was certainly grossly negligent.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 280
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 1,035 Posts

So who's fault really is it? Michael's or Murry's?

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

If I remember correctly, they had hoped that the fact Murray cleaned up evidence before calling 911 would prove exactly that.

Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

So....? it's really Murray fault?

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: “Killing Michael Jackson” a new documentary series on Bounce USA

Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    Bounce is the first and only broadcast and multi-platform entertainment network serving African Americans, with mix of original series, docuseries and movies.

Part of a docuseries on true crime, Bounce will premiere in the US on September 7 at 8pm (ET) a special documentary called “Killing Michael Jackson” with never-before-seen images and stories through detectives(
    detectives Orlando Martinez, Dan Myers, and Scott Smith) who were involved in the investigation that leads to the arrest of Murray.

It is not surprising that such network investigates the death of the most famous black American Entertainer in the world.
    i'm not sure if the US version gonna be different. we will have to wait and see for those who live in the US. i'm probably not watching so if anyone else watches it let's us if it's different from the uk version.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    Indeed. But they couldn't prove that either. Given that Michael was Murray's cash cow it isn't very likely that Murray would intentionally leave him in a position where he knew it was highly likely he would die. Though he was certainly grossly negligent.
    Who knows. The jury were never given the option so we cant say one way or the other. Murray didnt have to leave mj intentionally. There doesnt have to be intent only the knowledge that what you were doing was so negligent that it was an action highly likley to cause death. It would have been upto the jury to decide whether murray giving diprivan outside of a hospital setting with no monitoring equipment and then leaving the room equates to someone (a medical professional) knowingly acting in a fashion that was so negligent there was a high probability of death. there doesnt have to be intent or malice like in a normal murder charge. It comes more under the "what would the reasonable man do" term that is used in M.S cases.

I agree with the police that the D.A certainly didnt want to lose the case. A M.S charge was a slam dunk. they could have gone with a murder 2 with M.S as an option but maybe the D.A thought a jury would probably play it safe and go with a M.S conviction instead anyway so why waste time,money and effort arguing a murder 2
    Last edited by elusive moonwalker; 13-08-2020 at 07:25 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to elusive moonwalker For This Useful Post: