Thread: New Documentary :Killing Michael Jackson' (about the Murray investigation) 22 June 19 UK

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 734
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,001 Times in 1,418 Posts

Default New Documentary :Killing Michael Jackson' (about the Murray investigation) 22 June 19 UK

Police almost missed the clue which solved Michael Jackson's death

Investigators were furious after prosecutors charged singer Michael Jackson's physician Conrad Murray with involuntary manslaughter instead of second degree murder

Police started investigating Michael Jackson's personal doctor after a detective's suspicions were aroused by chat with his neighbour

LAPD officer Orlando Martinez told a doctor friend that he had found an empty medicine bottle under a table in the singer's room while investigating his sudden death.

And when the neighbour found out it was a bottle of a powerful anaesthetic called propofol he told Martinez something was wrong.

The detective said: “In Michael's room where he was treated a bottle of propofol had fallen on the ground and moved under this moving nightstand. I didn't know what it did.

“My neighbour was a doctor so I asked him about it. He was the one who got it started with 'whoa, what is this doing there, it's only used in surgery to put people under.”

New details of the investigation into the superstar's demise are revealed in a documentary which will air on British TV in the run up to the 10th anniversary of his death.

Jackson's physician Murray Conrad was jailed for four years after administering propofol through an IV drip to help Jackson sleep.

He was giving the King of Pop nightly infusions of the drug to enable him to rest for his impending This Is It tour.

But police found he failed to monitor Jackson properly.

Now three detectives involved in the original probe have given insights into the investigation.

They were left furious after prosecutors charged Murray with involuntary manslaughter instead of second degree murder.

Martinez and colleagues Dan Myers and Scott Smith believe prosecutors went with the lesser charge because of past criticism over celebrity cases, including that of OJ Simpon who was acquitted of killing his wife Nicole Brown Simpson in 1994.

Myers tells a documentary makers: “I don't think the office wanted a high profile failure. It was an election year for the DA (district attorney).

“I think it was a, I don't want to say the lazy way out, but the charge was the path of least resistance. We felt the evidence suggested it was second degree.”

Fellow detective Martinez said he thought the “level of negligence was just so clear” the team were sure of a second degree murder charge, which carries a possible life term.

“We don’t charge people, we investigate the case and present it. We were not happy with the choice but we deal with what we can,” he says.

“For us, working the cases, we didn't want to make the same mistakes the department remembers and are in the public memory. There was a lot of pressure to get it right.”

They also tell how Conrad – who put his medical bag in a wardrobe after Jackson's death – dropped himself in hot water during interviews.

Martinez says: He freely admitted that for months he had been using it (propofol) to help Mr Jackson to sleep. I was completely blown away. In my head I was thinking...to drug someone to sleep? Even with their permission I didn’t think it was legal.”

Officer Scott Smith says: 'He assumed we had his bags. Once he realised we didn't he had a deer in the headlights kind of look.”

The policemen also told how they were disappointed Conrad was not put in handcuffs during his arrest after his lawyers struck a deal with the Attorney's Office to hand himself in.

Myers said: “I wanted to see Murray in handcuffs, and I think a lot of people wanted to see him in handcuffs, but in this case the rules were changed.”

Jackson paid the cardiologist around £119,000 a month to help him sleep and wanted to take him on tour with him.

Conrad, in debt from a luxury lifestyle which included a million dollar home, was one of several doctors the star had asked to help him.

He claimed his intention was to wean the singer off the drug but prosecutors argued his negligence included leaving Jackson unmonitored while the anaesthetic was pumped into his vein through an IV drip.

Detective Smith said: “There were other doctor's Michael had reached out to to administer propofol to his liking when he wanted it and was turned down.

“he was looking for someone who would administer it, as wrong as it was.”

Murray served just two years of his four year sentence due to prison overcrowding and good behaviour.

Killing Michael Jackson shows next Saturday, June 22, on Quest Red at 10pm

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/tv-film...olved-16537205
    'We may not change the world in one day but we still can change some things today, in our small way.'[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: New Documentary :Killing Michael Jackson' (about the Murray investigation) 22 June 19 UK

This documentary was well made. I was impressed with the sincerity of the detectives. They really did want the charge to be 2nd degree murder.

UK viewers can watch on 'Quest on demand' here:

https://www.questod.co.uk/show/killi...on/EHD_271700B
    'We may not change the world in one day but we still can change some things today, in our small way.'[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 275
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: New Documentary :Killing Michael Jackson' (about the Murray investigation) 22 June 19 UK

How can I download it?

RIP Michael
    1958-Forever
    Keep Michaeling Forever....

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by news2arya View Post
    How can I download it?
    I think you can only watch in the UK....I'm afraid I don't know anything except the link above. ^^

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 395 Posts

i'll try to upload it today

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 395 Posts

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dudex For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Watched this last night. Factually based , good investigation.

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mjawb2009 View Post
    Watched this last night. Factually based , good investigation.
    Good to know!

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 497
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree FriendsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,819 Times in 1,230 Posts

Detective Smith said: “There were other doctor's Michael had reached out to to administer propofol to his liking when he wanted it and was turned down.

This is where I want to grab MJ and just shake him and say DO NOT USE IT. GOD IS TRYING TO TELL YOU SOMETHING. but he did not listen and now look what happen. Sad.
    Mike's PYT

11. The Following User Says Thank You to terrell For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entry1000 Experience PointsTagger First Class3 months registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Everybody has different stories which one is it? Michael being murder or using propofol to help him sleep?

a female with depression and mental delays

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 165
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks

Thank You

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,319 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    Everybody has different stories which one is it? Michael being murder or using propofol to help him sleep?
    Guess its a bit of both