Janet Jackson promises Michael Jackson’s ‘legacy will continue’ amid sex abuse claims

NatureCriminal7896

Proud Member
Janet Jackson is standing by her late brother Michael Jackson amid the sex abuse allegations against him, and believes his legacy ‘will continue’. The Rhythm Nation singer has maintained a wall of silence in the midst of the controversy involving the late Thriller hitmaker, who is accused of sexually abusing Wade Robson and James Safechuck when they were young boys. In the HBO documentary Leaving Neverland, Robson and Safechuck alleged that Michael groomed and molested them during their childhood.

Without directly addressing the claims, Janet, 53, says she is proud of the musical legacy Michael has left behind. Speaking to The Sunday Times Magazine, Janet said: ‘It will continue. ‘I love it when I see kids emulating him, when adults still listen to his music. It just lets you know the impact that my family has had on the world.’ Michael died on 25 June 2009 at the age of 50 following an overdose of the powerful anesthetic propofol.

Janet’s other family members, including nephew Taj Jackson, have been vocal in supporting Michael over the serious allegations. Michael’s brothers, Marlon and Jackie, claimed the controversial Leaving Neverland film ‘did not present any evidence’ to prove their brother’s guilt.

During an appearance on ITV’s Good Morning Britain earlier this month, Marlon said: ‘No I have not seen it. But I’m not interested in seeing something where someone’s telling a story that do not present any evidence or facts about anything. ‘These type of things always come up, this isn’t the first time.

When you’re in this business they take shots at you and people try to make money off you. This is one of those moments.’ He added: ‘Yes it’s been difficult for us but we get through it. We manage to get through it through the blessings of the lord who is in control of everything, so I’m not worried.’

Elsewhere in her interview, Janet addressed the #MeToo movement regarding sexual misconduct in Hollywood.

The popstar said: ‘I am sick, I am repulsed, I am infuriated by the double standards that continue to treat women as second-class citizens. Enough.’

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/23/jane...will-continue-amid-sex-abuse-claims-10031579/

Last edited:
NatureCriminal7896;4260947 said:
Janet Jackson is standing by her late brother Michael Jackson amid the sex abuse allegations against him, and believes his legacy ‘will continue’. The Rhythm Nation singer has maintained a wall of silence in the midst of the controversy involving the late Thriller hitmaker, who is accused of sexually abusing Wade Robson and James Safechuck when they were young boys. In the HBO documentary Leaving Neverland, Robson and Safechuck alleged that Michael groomed and molested them during their childhood. Without directly addressing the claims, Janet, 53, says she is proud of the musical legacy Michael has left behind. Speaking to The Sunday Times Magazine, Janet said: ‘It will continue. ‘I love it when I see kids emulating him, when adults still listen to his music. It just lets you know the impact that my family has had on the world.’ Michael died on 25 June 2009 at the age of 50 following an overdose of the powerful anesthetic propofol.

Janet’s other family members, including nephew Taj Jackson, have been vocal in supporting Michael over the serious allegations. Michael’s brothers, Marlon and Jackie, claimed the controversial Leaving Neverland film ‘did not present any evidence’ to prove their brother’s guilt. During an appearance on ITV’s Good Morning Britain earlier this month, Marlon said: ‘No I have not seen it. But I’m not interested in seeing something where someone’s telling a story that do not present any evidence or facts about anything. ‘These type of things always come up, this isn’t the first time. When you’re in this business they take shots at you and people try to make money off you. This is one of those moments.’ He added: ‘Yes it’s been difficult for us but we get through it. We manage to get through it through the blessings of the lord who is in control of everything, so I’m not worried.’

Elsewhere in her interview, Janet addressed the #MeToo movement regarding sexual misconduct in Hollywood. The popstar said: ‘I am sick, I am repulsed, I am infuriated by the double standards that continue to treat women as second-class citizens. Enough.’

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/23/jane...will-continue-amid-sex-abuse-claims-10031579/
I tell ya media aint @#$%. Why dont the media put also after they defended MJ for 20 years even in court. As said, they will do anything to try to paint a black person in the worst way while sugar coating whites.

NatureCriminal7896;4260947 said:
Janet Jackson is standing by her late brother Michael Jackson amid the sex abuse allegations against him, and believes his legacy ‘will continue’. The Rhythm Nation singer has maintained a wall of silence in the midst of the controversy involving the late Thriller hitmaker, who is accused of sexually abusing Wade Robson and James Safechuck when they were young boys. In the HBO documentary Leaving Neverland, Robson and Safechuck alleged that Michael groomed and molested them during their childhood.

Without directly addressing the claims, Janet, 53, says she is proud of the musical legacy Michael has left behind. Speaking to The Sunday Times Magazine, Janet said: ‘It will continue. ‘I love it when I see kids emulating him, when adults still listen to his music. It just lets you know the impact that my family has had on the world.’ Michael died on 25 June 2009 at the age of 50 following an overdose of the powerful anesthetic propofol.

Janet’s other family members, including nephew Taj Jackson, have been vocal in supporting Michael over the serious allegations. Michael’s brothers, Marlon and Jackie, claimed the controversial Leaving Neverland film ‘did not present any evidence’ to prove their brother’s guilt.

During an appearance on ITV’s Good Morning Britain earlier this month, Marlon said: ‘No I have not seen it. But I’m not interested in seeing something where someone’s telling a story that do not present any evidence or facts about anything. ‘These type of things always come up, this isn’t the first time.

When you’re in this business they take shots at you and people try to make money off you. This is one of those moments.’ He added: ‘Yes it’s been difficult for us but we get through it. We manage to get through it through the blessings of the lord who is in control of everything, so I’m not worried.’

Elsewhere in her interview, Janet addressed the #MeToo movement regarding sexual misconduct in Hollywood.

The popstar said: ‘I am sick, I am repulsed, I am infuriated by the double standards that continue to treat women as second-class citizens. Enough.’

Janet's completely right. Not only will MJ's legacy "continue" but it will flourish, thrive and prosper with each passing year. Long after those who speak half-truths, falsehoods and outright lies about Michael are gone, MJ's legend will still be here, it'll still be standing and Michael will be remembered long into the distant future the same way that Beethoven, Mozart and all the other true creative geniuses and musical masters are remembered.

wonderouzmj;4261193 said:
She's JUST NOW saying something?? Smh

Let’s not forget that today was the 10th anniversary of Michael’s passing. Janet is also going to be at Glastonbury next week and needed to promote that.

Janet’s set at Glastonbury was pretty disappointing. Clearly there were sound issues and quite sure she was miming. The choice of songs was also not good. Many songs the crowd did not know. Big mistake leaving out together again, got til it’s gone. The dancing and her dancers were great but her whispering voice does not bode well in live performances.
She did a small tribute to her “brothers” which included the infamous Jackson’s line up poses. Could hear the crowd cheering at this which was good. But largely very disappointed in her performance.

MJRemixed;4261645 said:
Janet’s set at Glastonbury was pretty disappointing. Clearly there were sound issues and quite sure she was miming. The choice of songs was also not good. Many songs the crowd did not know. Big mistake leaving out together again, got til it’s gone. The dancing and her dancers were great but her whispering voice does not bode well in live performances.
She did a small tribute to her “brothers” which included the infamous Jackson’s line up poses. Could hear the crowd cheering at this which was good. But largely very disappointed in her performance.
https://youtu.be/ePeacECN_R0 ouch

The Glastonbury performance was a mess. She was lip-synching and that didn't go down well. The crowd looked bored.

And I agree, wrong choice of songs.

Janet’s performance was amazing! If y’all can’t see through those racists British ass snobs. Then I don’t know what to say about y’all! They never wanted Janet there in the first place! They were never going to print any positive articles about Janet! Throughout Janet’s performance they were having technical difficulties! Janet even had to cut her song Together Again because of it! A lot of the other performers also had technical difficulties throughout their performance, but the racists British media didn’t print any negative stories about them, ONLY JANET! I saw Janet’s performance, and she was amazing, and the crowd was LOVING HER!

I’m sick of the non stop hate on Janet! Janet is a freakin LEGEND, ICON, THE BLUEPRINT, THE QUEEN! Janet needs to be given the respects she deserves!

michaeljackson&lisamarie;4261869 said:
Janet’s performance was amazing! If y’all can’t see through those racists British ass snobs. Then I don’t know what to say about y’all! They never wanted Janet there in the first place! They were never going to print any positive articles about Janet! Throughout Janet’s performance they were having technical difficulties! Janet even had to cut her song Together Again because of it! A lot of the other performers also had technical difficulties throughout their performance, but the racists British media didn’t print any negative stories about them, ONLY JANET! I saw Janet’s performance, and she was amazing, and the crowd was LOVING HER!

I’m sick of the non stop hate on Janet! Janet is a freakin LEGEND, ICON, THE BLUEPRINT, THE QUEEN! Janet needs to be given the respects she deserves!

Spot the super fan.

And the BBC review of her set was very positive actually. I disagreed with it obviously.

While I do agree with you, ChrisC, I do have to ponder the following:
If it had been Michael performing at Glastonbury and he had been lip-synching, would you still have the same opinion?

michaeljackson&lisamarie;4261869 said:

Well actually she got positive reviews from The Guardian, The Independent, and NME. And those are just the ones I noticed. I didn't watch her performance, but almost everyone on twitter was complaining about sound issues and miming. That's not racism, it's just what happened. I don't see a problem with miming if you're dancing a lot, especially at her age. So I don't agree with the people complaining about that aspect. After seeing the public reaction I was very surprised to see such glowing media reviews.

I watched Janet's performance (from home) and I was disappointed too. I wasn't that keen on her squeezing in so many songs but my gripe was the poor sound quality. It didn't just affect Janet though, it was not great for some other artists too, but it much worse for Janet I think, hence the large percentage of negative comments (she apparently attracted a lot of viewers so maybe that is why it seemed like there was so many comments!).

The reviews were very positive and in one BBC article the reporter acknowledged the Twitter comments about miming but said that from their view (actually in the crowd) they thought she was mostly singing live, but that there were technical issues with sound. All articles I've seen said nothing but positive stuff about her performance, but they were all probably there and not watching at home.

Personally watching from home I thought she was lip synching a lot (with some live singing) but that didn't bother me at all like it did a lot of Twitter users, like I said it was the sound quality that disappointed me. I imagine there is a sound engineer somewhere with a bad hangover after drowning their sorrows that night!

BUT, I did enjoy the general performance and dancing.

BTW she had to cut the last song because she came on a few minutes late. They are pretty strict at keeping to schedule.

Last edited:
Don’t get me wrong I love Janet. Have done for years. But this set just wasn’t great and a lot of it was the sound engineering and sound mix. If you watch back the performance on iPlayer or
YouTube it is much better and has been fixed.
The tracks are more aligned and mixed better. The vocals are turned up and you can hear her. I don’t know her album vocals well Enough to know if it indeed is the album acapellas laid over live instrumentation. Perhaps someone can check and clarify?

I did feel bad for her for the backlash she got on Twitter. Some people are unbelievablely rude it’s shocking. With the power of social media people can say whatever they want to or about a living celebrity without fear of getting in trouble. If they were to see that celebrity face to face they really wouldn’t have the balls to say it their face! Some people were posting horrible disgusting Things about Janet and MJ that I won’t repeat here.

Last edited:
. .

Rhythm nation was by far the best track. The dancing especially during the breakdown is classic.

I just watched it....i got up out my seat when she did the jacksons syb breakdown & then shuffled it. I have always wanted to see her do something like this. I remember when i was a kid rumors were saying that she was in thriller & the bunny on speed demon but....im old af now & i know the truth lol

While I do agree with you, ChrisC, I do have to ponder the following:
If it had been Michael performing at Glastonbury and he had been lip-synching, would you still have the same opinion?

Read any one of my multiple posts over the past 5 years (or more) criticising Michael for lip-synching.

Back