Michael Jackson never wanted a long life but through his music he'll live forever (Article)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJPoetryFan

Proud Member
Michael Jackson never wanted a long life but through his music he'll live forever

The King of Pop wanted immortality without the ugliness of old age

BY MKE SMALLCOMBE
20:15, 25 JUN 2019UPDATED20:28, 25 JUN 2019

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/celebs-tv/michael-jackson-never-wanted-long-3019584

Michael Jackson often spoke about a fear of growing old.

“I don't want a long (life)... I don't,” he once admitted. “I don't want to grow old, I think growing old is the ugliest thing.”

We never got to see Marilyn Monroe grow old and ugly, he argued, while James Dean will always remain a mystery.

And if the Beatles were still together, nobody would care because they’d be “funky and old”.

It broke Jackson’s heart when his hero, singer/dancer Fred Astaire, once confessed late in life that if he attempted a single spin, he'd fall flat on his face.

In the weeks before his death, Jackson was preparing for a mega comeback tour which was due to kick off with a whopping 50 dates at London’s O2 arena.

Michael Jackson and why a jury would struggle to convict him of latest allegations

While he adored his fans, the truth is Jackson didn’t want to be there. He hated touring, and the sleeplessness that it induced. His inability to get some rest in the hours after a rigorous rehearsal was what ultimately killed him ten years ago to the day, on the morning of June 25, 2009.

We’ll never know if Jackson, crippled by insomnia and an aching body, would ever have forgotten the lyrics to ‘Billie Jean’ in front of 20,000 screaming fans, or slipped on his backside while performing one of those iconic moves in his battered penny loafers.

In the final decade of his life, Jackson only appeared on stage a handful of times and released a single album, Invincible, which was undeniably average by his standards.

But while his very best days were in the past, he died with his legacy intact. He never suffered the age-induced decline he so deeply feared, and people never had the chance to get bored.

In truth it was always difficult to imagine him living into his 70s or 80s.

But even in death, people continue to talk about Michael Jackson. The headlines this year have been negative, but we’ll continue to debate, and we’ll continue to listen to the music. It seems little can change that.

Of course, Jackson had no desire to die at the age of 50. He dearly loved bringing up his three young children as a single father, and still harboured dreams of finally cracking the movie industry.

But he also once spoke of a desire to vanish from Planet Earth.

“To disappear is very important,” he said. “We are people of change. We need change in our lives. That's why we have winter, spring, summer, fall.”

And disappear he did. But to escape death, he bound his soul to his work.

Through the music, Michael Jackson ensured he’ll live forever.

He specifically said hed like to live forever..

He didnt want to age, not die young. There's a difference.

As much as his fans hate to admit it, MJ appeared to not wanting to live long.

There are many signs for that, among others:

If he wanted to live long, he would not have ignored all those advices from his inner circle (family, friends, associates) about getting a proper hospital treatment from proper doctors.

Instead, he continued his self-destructive way of living during his final years.

Also, certain of his lyrics which he recorded in the early 2000s (such as, from ‘Heaven Can Wait’, ‘Speechless’, ‘A Place With No Name’) showed his dark, pessimistic approach to his own life.

Additionally, he said in the Bashir’s documentary (in 2003) that he would like to live forever.

Reading between the lines, artists who die prematurely are typically the ones who live forever through their art.

Also, MJ feared a lot the ugliness of old age.

For him, the negative physical effects of growing old did not fit to the childlike image that he was projecting throughout his life, but also they did not fit at all to the Peter Pan forever young image that he was so obsessed with.

It appears that, in the 2000s, MJ was gradually giving up life.

mj_frenzy;4261431 said:
As much as his fans hate to admit it, MJ appeared to not wanting to live long.

There are many signs for that, among others:

If he wanted to live long, he would not have ignored all those advices from his inner circle (family, friends, associates) about getting a proper hospital treatment from proper doctors.

Instead, he continued his self-destructive way of living during his final years.

Also, certain of his lyrics which he recorded in the early 2000s (such as, from ‘Heaven Can Wait’, ‘Speechless’, ‘A Place With No Name’) showed his dark, pessimistic approach to his own life.

Additionally, he said in the Bashir’s documentary (in 2003) that he would like to live forever.

Reading between the lines, artists who die prematurely are typically the ones who live forever through their art.

Also, MJ feared a lot the ugliness of old age.

For him, the negative physical effects of growing old did not fit to the childlike image that he was projecting throughout his life, but also they did not fit at all to the Peter Pan forever young image that he was so obsessed with.

It appears that, in the 2000s, MJ was gradually giving up life.

Sorry I don't agree with you!
Michael didn't want to die so early!
He want to be with his children he loved more then anything and seeing them grow up!
He didn't like to get old and not be able to doing the things as he liked them to do!
But this a compleatly normal thing that everyone share!
And to critizize MJs decission from the distance is always easy when you never walked in his shoes and know the full picture of everthing what was really going on in MJs life!
In the end it was the fault of Conrad M. and AEG that we lost him not his!
We will never know if he was murdered and when in that night MJ stoped to say YES to the things which were given to him and if he maybe said NO to something!
( He had no possibilty to call for help cause there were no telphone, personal handy or internet computer in the room and did already fall asleep when Conrad M. left him without knowing what was going on).
For me its a wonder that he reached 50 by everthing he went trough in his life!
He died with a broken heart!

Please stop to generalize MJs fans, cause you are far away to know them all!

Last edited:
He didn't want to grow old but didn't wanna die. he wanted to live forever. he wanted to be like peter pan. sadly that's something you can't help. we all gonna aged. it's nothing we can't do about it. but he would still be an child at heart like he always said and is.

I believe Michael was murder. but when you look at his last pictures etc. he looks so sick. when you look at his early stuff before this is it he look so happy and healthy. so it does make you think. i totally believe Michael was murder. he was also on meds for pain. Michael had trouble sleeping. something was going on. we probably will never know what happen but Michael have to been murder. there's no way he looked good early before this is it to the end of this is it and look sick.

Last edited:
Michael didn't have an childhood so it kind of make sense way he didn't wanna grow old. he lived his whole life as an child doing adult stuff. never got a chance to be an child. also he already suffer with being bullied by his face as child. so aging would make it difficult for him. i heard that Michael actually was dating someone before he passed. i don't know if that's true.

I'm torn between thinking that he did not want age and hoped he was not here for that but then I think about him saying he wanted to live forever, it hurts more to think that he went before he wanted to cause that makes the pain more harder to deal with, Im trying to think that he is in a happier place where he has no more pain but I'm still struggling, can anyone tell me some positive thoughts that I can hold on to to make his death not so difficult, people say that time is a great healer but it's been 10 years and it still hurts ?

I think the reason why it is still difficult to to deal with his death is that Michael never was treated and honared like he would have deserved it in his life and after his death for what he was and did in his life and that he had suffered so much for doing nothing wrong but giving this world everthing he could til his last breath!
(After LN, there is nerly no hope anymore, that this will ever changed.)
He is loved like no other, touched so many hearts and has such a deep impact on people when ever they listen to him and watching him!

Also the way he had to leave this world was really tragic.

Yes I will agree with u, the way he died was so very sad, I just hope he didn't feel any pain and knew nothing of what was happening to him, I have stopped reading any news articles about MJ if its negative, there was another one in the news about the oxygen chamber they claimed he slept in years ago, don't know what is was about cause I didn't click on it, more BS no doubt, before I found this site I didn't know so many people still kept his memory alive and its a great comfort to me that we all still feel the same way, even after so many years, Michael will always be king ? and always in my thoughts MJ ?

ManBehindTheMirrOr - Dona;4261433 said:
Sorry I don't agree with you!
Michael didn't want to die so early!
He want to be with his children he loved more then anything and seeing them grow up!
He didn't like to get old and not be able to doing the things as he liked them to do!
But this a compleatly normal thing that everyone share!
And to critizize MJs decission from the distance is always easy when you never walked in his shoes and know the full picture of everthing what was really going on in MJs life!
In the end it was the fault of Conrad M. and AEG that we lost him not his!
We will never know if he was murdered and when in that night MJ stoped to say YES to the things which were given to him and if he maybe said NO to something!
( He had no possibilty to call for help cause there were no telphone, personal handy or internet computer in the room and did already fall asleep when Conrad M. left him without knowing what was going on).
For me its a wonder that he reached 50 by everthing he went trough in his life!
He died with a broken heart!

Please stop to generalize MJs fans, cause you are far away to know them all!

You seem to be unaware of many serious, key incidents in which MJ came very close to death because of his intentional use of drugs (during the 2000s).

All of these well-documented incidents speak for themselves & clearly show that he did not want to have a long life.

For instance, the incident where he was found unconscious right before his two MSG shows in September (2001).

Or, the one in Orlando (Florida) where he was found again unconscious in the hallway of his hotel suite at the Walt Disney World Hotel in early 2000s.

Or, when he was found unconscious after taking excessive amounts of drugs in 2003 (December).

Or, Uri Geller’s revelations that on many occasions in the 2000s (including the ones during their visits to England back then) he could not wake him up because of his use of drugs.

There are, of course, many others as well (in the 2000s).

The incident that took place on June 25th (2009) appeared to be just another one on this series of incidents, with the difference that it was the fatal one.

Michael didn't not kill himself. he didn't wanna age but he didn't wanna die. only time he said about killing myself was if no kids never exist on this earth. other then that Michael never want it to harm himself. with the meds i agree on. i totally also believe Michael meds was bad for him. he should of got his meds checked if they were okay. the pain meds Michael were taking can be very addicting.i believe Michael were still murder but his meds should of been checked right.

You can't never get over anyone death. this isn't just for Michael sake. this goes for anyone you are close too. you never get over death. you just learn to get better at living with it. but i get what you are saying. if Michael death was due to natural cause. then it would of been another story. but it wasn't so i get what you mean.

Michael was 50 years old when he passed. you can kind of say almost 51 because his birthday was in one (two) month(s) away. he was pretty much still young and healthy but he was middle age. a gorgeous middle age man of course. :tongue:

Michael said he didn't wanna age. should we be happy he die at 50? well, for Michael opinion i think yes. i mean he didn't grow old i guess he got his wish. BUT it would of been better if he when out natural cause only. not the way he did. i mean, it would of been nice Michael in his 60's 70's looking back at his life etc. before he passed he wanted take a break from music and do movies. so.... i guess for Michael opinion i guess he got what he want it. which really sad how he went though. :(

Last edited:
Majority of what Michael did was to LIVE forever.. The reason he wanted to get into film revolves around that. He spoke repeatedly on his desire to live forever.

The way I see it, he battled with getting older.. Ideally living forever and not aging is what he wanted. He did not want to get old, he has stated this.

mj_frenzy;4261586 said:
You seem to be unaware of many serious, key incidents in which MJ came very close to death because of his intentional use of drugs (during the 2000s).

All of these well-documented incidents speak for themselves & clearly show that he did not want to have a long life.

For instance, the incident where he was found unconscious right before his two MSG shows in September (2001).

Or, the one in Orlando (Florida) where he was found again unconscious in the hallway of his hotel suite at the Walt Disney World Hotel in early 2000s.

Or, when he was found unconscious after taking excessive amounts of drugs in 2003 (December).

Or, Uri Geller’s revelations that on many occasions in the 2000s (including the ones during their visits to England back then) he could not wake him up because of his use of drugs.

There are, of course, many others as well (in the 2000s).

The incident that took place on June 25th (2009) appeared to be just another one on this series of incidents, with the difference that it was the fatal one.

You should research details about this dates.
MJ has a big problem to sleep (probably because of the unregular and unhealthy dayrhythem in his early childhood.)
In September 2001 before the shows MJ could not sleep so he needed strong medification to rest and to ovcome the shows!
Dezember 2003 was also a very hard month and was in pain because of injurys from his arrest!

When you take some strong sleepmedifcation it is difficult to wake up but MJ said in The Michael Jackson Private Home Movies "I'm not easy to wake up!"
And it was visible in the example with LizTaylor at christmas 1993!

So when he took medifications in this examples it was nessesary becuse he was in strong pain or couldn't sleep and he didn't took it because he didn't want to live long!
To find often no sleep is a serious, big problem where you need medifications mostly your whole life!

When you say "Michael Jackson" didn't wanted to live long its an absolute speculation cause nobody heared him say this and he also didn't behave like this!

Last edited:

I think you are underestimating the seriousness of chronic insomnia and the power it can have over thinking and behaviour. You seem to be judging without really putting yourself into his shoes.

ManBehindTheMirrOr - Dona;4261631 said:
You should research details about this dates.
MJ has a big problem to sleep (probably because of the unregular and unhealthy dayrhythem in his early childhood.)
In September 2001 before the shows MJ could not sleep so he needed strong medification to rest and to ovcome the shows!
Dezember 2003 was also a very hard month and was in pain because of injurys from his arrest!

When you take some strong sleepmedifcation it is difficult to wake up but MJ said in The Michael Jackson Private Home Movies "I'm not easy to wake up!"
And it was visible in the example with LizTaylor at christmas 1993!

So when he took medifications in this examples it was nessesary becuse he was in strong pain or couldn't sleep and he didn't took it because he didn't want to live long!
To find often no sleep is a serious, big problem where you need medifications mostly your whole life!

When you say "Michael Jackson" didn't wanted to live long its an absolute speculation cause nobody heared him say this and he also didn't behave like this!

WannaScream;4261633 said:
I think you are underestimating the seriousness of chronic insomnia and the power it can have over thinking and behaviour. You seem to be judging without really putting yourself into his shoes.

Do you both seriously believe that a man who simply wants to treat his chronic insomnia, or to cure a specific physical pain on his body, puts repeatedly himself in such an extra, unnecessary, life-threatening risk while his treatment (as MJ did)?

No matter how you look at it, MJ was intentionally playing Russian roulette with his own life during all those incidents in the 2000s.

In addition to this, he used to overdose during that period while often being alone in the room, knowing of course where such a practice could lead to.

There are also revelations coming from his then-bodyguard Matt Fiddes (who was very close to MJ in the 2000s) that MJ’s unconsciousness was often being brought on by his intentional overdose.

People who were traveling with him in the 2000s (like, Uri Geller, or Matt Fiddes, among others) were removing from his hotel rooms more dangerous drugs than just some strong sleeping pills, or some prescribed painkillers.

All these signs/incidents suggest that MJ did not want to have a long life.

mj_frenzy;4261646 said:
Do you both seriously believe that a man who simply wants to treat his chronic insomnia, or to cure a specific physical pain on his body, puts repeatedly himself in such an extra, unnecessary, life-threatening risk while his treatment (as MJ did)?

No matter how you look at it, MJ was intentionally playing Russian roulette with his own life during all those incidents in the 2000s.

In addition to this, he used to overdose during that period while often being alone in the room, knowing of course where such a practice could lead to.

There are also revelations coming from his then-bodyguard Matt Fiddes (who was very close to MJ in the 2000s) that MJ’s unconsciousness was often being brought on by his intentional overdose.

People who were traveling with him in the 2000s (like, Uri Geller, or Matt Fiddes, among others) were removing from his hotel rooms more dangerous drugs than just some strong sleeping pills, or some prescribed painkillers.

All these signs/incidents suggest that MJ did not want to have a long life.

I don’t agree with a word you said. Michael DID wa t to live. He wanted to see his kids grow up. He wanted to do other things with his music, Michael never too hard core drugs like heroin or dangerous drugs like fentanyl. His autopsy report showed his body contained nothing except the propafol that the murderer, Conrad Murray, pumped into him. Of course, Michael too meds for the pain in his scalp. Let’s not forget that Michael had chronic insomnia and the propafol was to sleep.

I’ve never heard the people who were around Michael the most talk about any unconsciousness that you speak of. I believe Bill Whitfield 100 times more than URI Geller or Matt Fidel, And Bill says he never saw Michael incapacitated or unconscious.

The bottomline is that it is total BS that Michael did not want to live. Michael loved his children and WANTED to live especially for THEM. Does any rational person actually think he didn’t want to live for his children? Sometimes I wonder what becomes of rational thinking when it comes to Michael. It seems to disappear among speculation.

Majority of what Michael did was to LIVE forever.. The reason he wanted to get into film revolves around that. He spoke repeatedly on his desire to live forever.

The way I see it, he battled with getting older.. Ideally living forever and not aging is what he wanted. He did not want to get old, he has stated this.

Agree 100%.

mj_frenzy;4261646 said:

Yes, chronic insomnia and pain are notoriously difficult to manage. That itself doesn’t suggest a lack of will to live. Why would he be signed up for 50 shows and trying his best to make it to rehearsals if he didn’t want to live?

WannaScream;4261656 said:
Yes, chronic insomnia and pain are notoriously difficult to manage. That itself doesn’t suggest a lack of will to live. Why would he be signed up for 50 shows and trying his best to make it to rehearsals if he didn’t want to live?

Thank you! Another RATIONAL thinker.

Michael was desperate for relief, not suicidal. His desperation put him at risk, but there's a big difference.

Im sure he wanted to see his children grow up. I dont think he wanted to grow "old" either. He wanted to live forever but not age. He will live forever through his music and legacy.

Is it safe to say at least he still wouldn't be a grandfather if he were here today... So that definitely wouldn't make em feel older (if he were here)

I think Michael would have loved to be a grandad and I wish he could have been around to enjoy that, they would have kept him young, children have a strange effect like that. He would have cherished every single second with them.

somewhereinthedark;4261647 said:
I don’t agree with a word you said. Michael DID wa t to live. He wanted to see his kids grow up. He wanted to do other things with his music, Michael never too hard core drugs like heroin or dangerous drugs like fentanyl. His autopsy report showed his body contained nothing except the propafol that the murderer, Conrad Murray, pumped into him. Of course, Michael too meds for the pain in his scalp. Let’s not forget that Michael had chronic insomnia and the propafol was to sleep.

I’ve never heard the people who were around Michael the most talk about any unconsciousness that you speak of. I believe Bill Whitfield 100 times more than URI Geller or Matt Fidel, And Bill says he never saw Michael incapacitated or unconscious.

The bottomline is that it is total BS that Michael did not want to live. Michael loved his children and WANTED to live especially for THEM. Does any rational person actually think he didn’t want to live for his children? Sometimes I wonder what becomes of rational thinking when it comes to Michael. It seems to disappear among speculation.

Here is what MJ said in the early 2000s:

Rabbi Shmuley Boteach: “You don’t want to die young?"

MJ: “You sure you want my answer?"

MJ’s words here clearly reveal his willingness to die young.

Note also that this conversation took place in 2000-2001 (when he already had children) but also it was a conversation that was never meant to see the light of day which makes it even more honest.

Also, an autopsy report does not always tell the whole story because certain drugs can actually dissolve in one’s body (before death comes) leaving no traces at all for the autopsy report.

Moreover, the night of his death he took Valium, sedatives, & other anti-anxiety drugs altogether, aside from Propofol.

A man who wants to live certainly does not do such a thing.

WannaScream;4261656 said:

MJ never wanted to do 50 shows.

He revealed that to some of his fans backstage during the ‘This Is It’ rehearsals.

In fact, he did not want to perform at all because he felt that he would embarrass himself on stage in front of his fans.

mj_frenzy;4261733 said:
MJ never wanted to do 50 shows.

He revealed that to some of his fans backstage during the ‘This Is It’ rehearsals.

In fact, he did not want to perform at all because he felt that he would embarrass himself on stage in front of his fans.

You are right about Michael about those shows. Michael did not want to do them. i'm not sure why he did i guess it was something to do with money or something.

You know Michael actually will live forever with his music etc. and the that fact that he die young. most people who die young are the ones we look at the most because they went so soon. so when you think about it. Michael pretty much got his wish. sad to say that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back