Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Michael in the Media - Thread for Miscellaneous Articles

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 585
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,052 Posts

Default Michael Jackson: This Movie Star Refused to Marry Him

During his long career, Michael Jackson crossed paths with many other celebrities. For example, he once asked a movie star to marry him. Here’s how she reacted — and what she had to say about him afterward.

A look at the career of the star Michael Jackson proposed to

First, a little background. The 1970s were a daring time in American cinema where filmmakers explored taboo topics like graphic sex and violence. One of the many controversial Hollywood films of the era was Pretty Baby.

A film about a child prostitute, Pretty Baby is as upsetting today as it was decades ago. It stars an underage Brooke Shields and Shields’ age was the source of much of the controversy surrounding the movie. Despite — or perhaps because of — the negative publicity Pretty Baby elicited, Shields became a star. She’d later star in another film with a similar theme, The Blue Lagoon, and serves as the spokesperson for Foxy, a lettuce company.

What Brooke Shields’ friendship with Michael Jackson was like

Shields garnered attention for her personal life, particularly her connection to Jackson. According to Rolling Stone, the pair bonded because they both became famous at a young age. Shields says Jackson repeatedly proposed to her.

“I would say, ‘You have me for the rest of your life, you don’t need to marry me, I’m going to go on and do my own life and have my own marriage and my own kids, and you’ll always have me,’” Shields recalled. “I think it made him relax. He didn’t want to lose things that meant something to him.” Shields added “As I grew up and started having boyfriends, I would share with him, and he was like a little kid who talked about the bases — what first base was, what second base was, and it sounded very odd to the outside, I can imagine, but to the inside, to someone who’s never really left his bubble, you can understand how he would be curious.”

What Brooke Shields said at the King of Pop’s funeral

Shields’ connection to Jackson didn’t end there. MTV News reports she spoke at Jackson’s funeral in 2009. She discussed how Jackson’s favorite songs was “Smile,” a song co-written by Charlie Chaplin and popularized by Nat King Cole. Jackson covered the track for his greatest hits album HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I. In her eulogy for Jackson, Shields referenced the song’s line “Smile” when your heart is aching.”

“Michael saw everything with his heart,’ Shields said. “Today, although our hearts are aching, we need to look up where he is undoubtedly perched in a crescent moon, and we need to smile.” Shield’s friendship with Jackson did not end in marriage, however, she had some heartfelt and moving words to say about him at his funeral.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...arry-him.html/

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Michael Jackson: This Movie Star Refused to Marry Him

I like it him with brooke. but i agree with her. they was too young. michael kept saying he wanted to retired early. Lol! but i'm glad he didn't.
    Last edited by Anna; 11-11-2020 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Replied to own post instead of editing

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Michael Jackson’s Lawyer Reveals the Real Reason Why Jay Leno Testified on His Behalf

Michael Jackson‘s attorney Thomas Mesereau recently revealed late-night talk show host Jay Leno only testified on Jackson’s behalf because police had recorded evidence and Leno could have been publicly humiliated for refusing.

In 2005, Jackson was accused of molesting a 13-year-old boy who was in remission from cancer. Leno became a witness for Jackson after he received voicemail messages from Jackson’s young accuser. Leno used to make phone calls to pediatric cancer patients at the time and the boy who accused Jackson of molesting him ended up being one of them.

Santa Barbara police contacted Leno about the conversation he had with the boy. “It sounded suspicious when a young person got overly effusive,” Leno told the police, Rolling Stone reported in 2005. “It just didn’t click with me.”

Leno was extremely reluctant to get involved in the case, especially when his opening monologues on The Tonight Show usually included jokes about the trial. “I was called by the defense,” he joked on the show at the time. “Apparently, they’ve never seen this program.”

Jay Leno did not want to be a witness for Michael Jackson

“To put it mildly, [Leno] didn’t want to testify,” Mesereau said on the For the Defense with David Oscar Markus podcast. “What happened was Jay Leno did not know that his interview with the police by phone, I think it was Santa Barbara Sheriff’s Department, had been secretly recorded by the police.”

“So it was a long interview and he didn’t know they had secretly recorded it,” he continued. “I of course knew and had the tape. So we subpoenaed Jay Leno. Had a process server appear and hand him the subpoena.”

“His lawyer called me up and was quite upset,” Mesereau recalled. “And said to me, ‘You don’t want to call Jay Leno because first of all, he doesn’t remember very much of the conversation he had with the police. And you don’t want him as a witness.'”

Thomas Mesereau knew refusal could be an embarrassment for Jay Leno

“I said, ‘Well we do want him,'” Mesereau told Leno’s attorney. “I said ‘If you want to watch me embarrass him before the world just let him behave the way you just described.’ Because he was recorded by the Santa Barbara Police Department, I have the recording.”

“And if I need to refresh his recollection, I’d be happy to do it,” he said. “It will be an embarrassment if he wants to play that game let him do it. I’m calling him as a witness.”

Despite being able to get Leno on the stand, he wasn’t an effective witness for the defense, MTV reported in 2005. Apparently, Leno kept his testimony brief and offered conflicting opinions. He initially admitted he thought the boy was looking for money. But then said the accuser never asked for money during cross-examination.

Jackson was ultimately acquitted of all criminal charges in 2005. He died in 2009 at age 50.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...ams-wwhl.html/

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsThree Friends
    Level
    Thanks

Default John Stamos

I found this artlcle about John Stamos and MJ and thought it was cute.
    https://www.contactmusic.com/john-st...ackson_4961696
    Last edited by Mjjpikagurl; 14-11-2020 at 12:45 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mjjpikagurl For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Michael Jackson and Katy Perry Are Tied for This Same Record

I'm not a Katy Perry fan but congratulations Katy.

Michael Jackson and Katy Perry are very different artists, so it’s surprising to learn they hod the same specific record. In the 1980s, Jackson broke this record with the songs from his album Bad. Decades later, Perry equaled the same record with songs from her album Teenage Dream.

When Michael Jackson made musical history with ‘Bad’

Jackson gave the world several classic albums including Off the Wall, Dangerous, and HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I. However, Thriller is widely considered his most famous album. Despite Thriller’s popularity, it did not produces as many Billboard Hot 100 No. 1 singles as one of Jackson’s other albums.

Three singles from Thriller reached No. 1: “Beat It,” “Billie Jean,” and “The Girl Is Mine.” However, five singles from Jackson’s subsequent album Bad reached the pinnacle of the Billboard Hot 100. The five No. 1 singles from Bad are “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You,” the title song, “The Way You Make Me Feel,” “Man in the Mirror” and “Dirty Diana.”

When Katy Perry made musical history with ‘Teenage Dream’

Jackson released the aforementioned Bad singles over the course of 1987 and 1988. His record stood for over 20 years. Then, Perry released five singles from Teenage Dream between 2010 and 2011 which topped the charts.

The five No. 1 singles from Teenage Dream are “California Gurls,” the title track, “Firework,” “E.T.,” and “Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.).” There’s no throughline between all of the Bad No. 1s or the Teenage Dream No. 1s. However, the groups of singles do have one major similarity — they are each eclectic.

Bad draws from Jackson’s signature blend of pop and R&B, giving fans everything from soft ballads (“I Just Can’t Stop Loving You”) to hard rock songs (“Dirty Diana”). In the same vein, Teenage Dream gave audiences singles about California, extraterrestrial attraction, and wild parties. If the two albums prove anything, it’s that fans appreciate variety.

How Katy Perry reacted to equaling the King of Pop’s record

So how did Perry react to equaling Jackson’s record? Greg Thompson of Capital Records described what it was like when he and Perry discussed the possibility of equaling Jackson’s record. “When it was pointed out to me that we were starting to infringe on Michael Jackson territory and it suddenly dawned on us that we could make some history here, we talked to Katy,” Thompson recalls. “Together we realized it was rarified air to be in the same place as Michael Jackson.”

According to her website, Perry said “It was an incredible honor to tie the King of Pop’s Billboard Hot 100 record.” Perry released a new version of Teenage Dream called Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection which included a new Billboard Hot 100 No. 1 single called “Part of Me,” but Billboard apparently classifies The Complete Confection as a separate album so Perry can’t say she beat Jackson’s record. It remains to be seen if Teenage Dream will become a classic album the way Bad did, however, now it’s still tied with Bad nearly a decade after its release.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...e-record.html/

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Six songs that changed the world

“Thriller,” by Michael Jackson (1982)

Michael Jackson—coined the “King of Pop”—wasted no time moonwalking his way to centre stage. His record-breaking album, “Thriller,” and its title track, were immeasurable to improving racial diversity in the industry.

When the decade started, radio stations shunned black music thanks to the virulent anti-disco backlash that collapsed the genre in 1979. As a result, radio programmers boycotted rhythmic black music for fear of being branded “disco,” causing the genre’s 80 per cent decline on the Billboard Hot 100.

But the anti-disco wave changed course when Jackson released the cultural phenomenon, “Thriller,” alongside its iconic music video. After the smash hit graced MTV, Jackson single-handedly forced pop radio to re-embrace black music since audiences couldn’t get enough.

Jackson also paved the way for other African American artists—such as Prince and Whitney Houston—to MTV stardom. Black artists soon reintegrated into mainstream culture, and it all started with “Thriller.”

https://themedium.ca/arts/six-songs-...ged-the-world/

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default The Most Influential Artists: #19 Michael Jackson

We're counting down the 35 most influential artists of the past 35 years

As part of our 35th anniversary, we’re naming the most influential artists of the past 35 years. Today, we’re at #19. From Gary, Indiana, here is Michael Jackson.

It’s easy to lose sight of Michael Jackson’s artistic accomplishments, given the sheer scale of his commercial success. Just as Star Wars did for film and Harry Potter did for publishing, Thriller changed its industry in a million ways, expanding the possibilities of how many people could buy an album and how much money could be made from music. But the singer’s raw talent and showmanship, the craft he honed since childhood, provided the spark that ignited everything else.

In the Jackson 5 and on his early solo albums, Michael Jackson was a prodigy with an infectious ebullience in his voice. But as he took charge of his music’s creative direction on 1979’s Off the Wall, he became a true original — developing a polyrhythmic symphony of vocal ad-libs, gasps, falsetto whoops and proto-beatboxing oral percussion that made him something more than a soul singer or a pop balladeer. He was as gifted a dancer as he was a vocalist, but both skillsets seemed intertwined, tapping his entire body into every rhythmic accent that a song had to offer.

The last two decades of Michael Jackson’s life were more spectacle than entertainment, even as he incorporated hip-hop and new jack swing into his sound with occasionally exhilarating results. But even after the abuse allegations, financial issues, struggles to live up to the enormity of his ‘80s King of Pop peak and the strange, sad circumstances around his 2009 death, an undeniable catalog remains.

Countless singers have mimicked his moves, high notes, ambitious videos and fashion choices, as if they can find a shortcut to the kind of superstardom he invented. But much of Jackson’s power came from what he did first — and how little room he left for anyone else to improve upon it.

https://www.spin.com/2020/11/the-mos...chael-jackson/

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Prince Was Supposed To Be on Michael Jackson’s Song ‘Bad’ but It Never Happened

Though they are two of the most legendary entertainers of all time, Prince and Michael Jackson didn’t always see eye to eye. In fact, the feud between the pair began in 1983 when they both attended a James Brown concert.

During the concert, the Off the Wall singer wowed the crowd with his dance moves and mood walks. Prince followed suit. However, in a rare misstep, he dell into the crowd taking down a prop with him. From then on, the men never saw eye to eye.

“It was just very obvious what the hell happened — [Prince] made a d*mn fool out of himself.,” Quincy Jones told GQ in 2018. “Michael went up there, in 40 seconds, sang ‘I love you, I love you.’ Then they went up-tempo, and he did a little dance and did the moonwalk and whispered in [James Brown’s] ear, ‘Call Prince up — I dare him to follow me.’” Still, despite their feud, the men almost made an epic record together.

Michael Jackson’s ‘Bad’ was one one of the biggest songs of his career

No one knew how Jackson would top his iconic 1982 album Thriller, which is still one of the best-selling albums of all time. However, when he released the follow-up album Bad, in 1987, there were no more questions.

Bad was the final collaboration between Jackson and Quincy Jones, and it was highly anticipated since it was his first album in five years. Though it didn’t sell and Thiller, Bad, and the single of the same name were still enormously successful even without an artist who was supposed to be featured on the song.

Prince was supposed to be featured on Michael Jackson’s ‘Bad’

As two of the most legendary performers of all time, it would have been beyond comprehension to hear Prince sing with Jackson on “Bad.” That was the original plan for the sequel, but instead, fans will notice that actor Wesley Snipes is in the video with the King of Pop.

“You know that Wesley Snipes character [from the video]? That would have been me,” Prince explained in a 1997 interview with Chris Rock.

However, Snipes has boasted that Jackson decided to replace him with Prince on a whim. “Me and Prince were auditioning together, and I blew Prince out of the water,” he claimed in a 2017 interview with Conan O’Brien. “Michael had told Prince that he had the role, and then he met me and kicked Prince to the curb. Imagine that.”

While we mostly think the Blade actor was joking, there is a reason why Prince and the Jackson 5 legend never appeared on a song together.

Prince hated the lyrics to Michael Jackson’s ‘Bad’

Jackson had written, produced, and composed the song with Jones. However, some of the lyrics made Prince take pause. It appears that the “1999” singer was not so comfy with some of the words used.

“You run that video in your mind,” Prince told Rock. “The first line in that song is, ‘your butt is mine’ so I was saying, ‘Who gonna sing that to whom? Because you sure ain’t singing it to me, and I sure ain’t singing it to you.’ So right there we got a problem.”

Prince’s band member and former fiancée, Susannah Melvoin remembers Prince reworking the song, but Jackson ultimately rejecting it. On the podcast Love City with Toure, Melvoin said,

Prince] couldn’t believe Michael had the nerve to call it “I’m Bad.” There’s nothing badass about him. He could not let Michael get away with it. Not only was he not going to sing it with him, he went into the studio and re-recorded it to what he thought it should be and sent it back to Michael. Like ‘No. And by the way, this is what it should be.’ That was the end of that. But that’s how Prince was.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...song-bad.html/

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default The ‘Purple Rain’ Singer Once Tried to Run the King of Pop Over With a Car

You can’t have a conversation about music of the ’80s without bringing up Prince and Michael Jackson. Both artists shaped the music industry and defined an entire culture with their chart-topping hits, groundbreaking fashion, and incredible vocals, which is why they are still regarded as two of the great musicians of all time.

Although the musical icons were alike in many ways, they cultivated different approaches and aesthetics, which caused them to be often viewed as direct competitors.

While there were ongoing rumors of an unspoken rivalry between the two, it turns out that their direct competition with each other was a lot more intense than anyone would have expected.

Their feud kicked off in 1983

With Prince and Jackson having come from similar backgrounds and both reaching mega success as adults, you would think that the two would have become fast friends.

Well, much to our surprise, the singers, unfortunately, didn’t get off to a great start and became engulfed in a pretty intense rivalry around the time their careers started to reach new heights.

The year was 1983, Jackson was still reeling over the success of his multi-platinum album Thriller while Prince was on the brink of stardom following the release of his songs “1999” and “Little Red Corvette.”

Though there were rumors of a feud swirling around, nothing lead others to believe that Prince and MJ had ill-feelings toward each other — that is until the night both attended James Brown’s concert in Los Angeles.

During the evening, Brown — who was both Prince and Michael’s longtime idol — invited the King of Pop to perform on stage, where he effortlessly bust out classic dance moves like the moonwalk and showcased in incredible vocals.

After Michael was done wowing the crowd, Prince hopped on stage, jammed out a bit on the guitar, stripped off his shirt, even shows off a few of his own dance moves.

Following his performance, the singer exited stage right where he leaned up against a faux lampost and experienced rare humiliation by falling into the crowd, bringing the prop down with him.

Prince tried to run MJ over with his limo

After recovering from that humiliating fall, Prince, who was mortified by his performance, retreated backstage and exited the venue.

He was so embarrassed that that had happened to him that he waited outside in a limo, with the intent of running MJ over. At least, that what Quincy Jones had said.

“He waited in the limousine to try and run over him and La Toya and his mother,” Jones told GQ in 2018.

It’s not entirely clear if Prince actually made a go at the hit-and-run attempt, but his intention of taking MJ out was something the King of Pop knew his rival wanted to do.

“He knew. Michael knows s**t,” Jones continued. “He was there. He said that was his intention.”

The producer added, “It was just very obvious what the hell happened — [Prince] made a d*mn fool out of himself. Michael went up there, in 40 seconds, sang ‘I love you, I love you.’ Then they went up-tempo and he did a little dance and did the moonwalk and whispered in [James Brown’s] ear, ‘Call Prince up — I dare him to follow me.'”

The rivalry only escalated from there

After that night of triumph for Jackson and rare humiliation for Prince, the stars’ feud continued on.

Though Jones tried to get the singers to make amends by collaborating on songs together, his attempts never pulled through as the two just couldn’t find common ground.

From voodoo attempts to bashing each other in public, Prince and Jackson clearly weren’t each others’ biggest fans and didn’t try to put up a front like they were.

Though their feud seemingly died down after Prince played the bass guitar rather loudly in MJ’s face during his 2006 Las Vegas residency, it’s not exactly clear if the two ever made amends.

But despite whether the superstar put their feud to rest or not, Prince’s longtime friend, Tavis Smiley, revealed on Conan in 2009 that the singer had always respected Michael’s “artistic genius.”

He even revealed that the Purple Rain star retreated from the world for days to revel in the King of Pop’s “humanity, dignity, and craft” after learning of his death.

So though Prince and MJ had their issues in the past, it sounds like they still respected and admired each other as artists, despite their feud getting pretty intense at certain points throughout the years.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...th-a-car.html/

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Prince Refused to Discuss Michael Jackson’s Death

Though they ran in the same circles, Prince and Michael Jackson weren’t exactly the best of friends. The King of Pop and His Purple Majesty obviously respected each other a great deal for their talent. However, they did not quite see eye to eye.

The beef between the two began in 1983 during a James Brown concert, and after that, their relationship never really recovered. Though they never got a chance to collaborate, Jackson’s sudden death in 2009 deeply impacted Prince.

Years later, he refused to discuss the Thriller singer’s death.

Prince and Michael Jackson had a tense relationship

According to legendary producer Quincy Jones, Jackson and Prince’s tense relationship began at a concert. Jackson showed off on stage with Brown, embarrassing Prince, who was reportedly so angry he considered running Jackson over with his limo. “He waited in the limousine to try and run over him and La Toya and his mother,” Jones told GQ in 2018.

In 1985, Prince refused to join Jackson’s “We Are the World” song which angered Jackson. The “Purple Rain” singer also rejected the offer to be on the King of Pop’s “Bad” single.

In fact, the soft-spoken singer didn’t mince words when speaking about Prince.

“I don’t like to be compared to Prince at all,” Jackson said according to Mirror. “I have proven myself since I was real little. It’s not fair. He feels like I’m his opponent. I hope he changes because boy, he’s gonna get hurt. He was so rude, one of rudest people I have ever met. Prince is very competitive. He has been very mean and nasty to my family.”

Michael Jackson died unexpectedly in 2009

The world was stunned on June 25, 2009, when Jackson died suddenly at age 50. There had been no indication that he’d been ill, so his death came out of the blue, sending shockwaves across the globe. At the time, he was preparing for a global tour of his This Is It show.

It was later determined that Jackson had died from a heart attack. He had taken the drugs, Propofol, lorazepam, and midazolam leading up to his death, and an autopsy determined that he’d died from an accidental Propofol overdose.

Since Jackson’s personal doctor, Conrad Murray, had given Jackson the drugs, he was later charged with involuntary manslaughter and sentenced to four years in prison.

Prince refused to discuss Michael Jackson’s death

Though they never fully mended their relationship, the “Little Red Corvette” singer was haunted by Jackson’s sudden death. In fact, in the years following the King of Pop’s untimely death, Prince still could not bring himself to discuss it. “I don’t want to talk about it,” he reportedly said in an unpublished 2014 Rolling Stone interview. “I’m too close to it.”

Shockingly Prince would die suddenly as well on April 21, 2016, at the age of 57. It was later determined that Prince died from an accidental overdose of fentanyl.

Since the drugs that led to the tragedy were counterfeit pills made to look like a generic version of the painkiller, Vicodin, there have been many probes and questions surrounding the singer’s death. However, it is now clear that addiction was a part of his life, just as it was Jackson’s.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...on-death.html/

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Does Rock ‘N’ Roll Kill Braincells?! – Steps

Who’s been the most unexpected person who’s turned out to be a Steps fan?

Ian ‘H’ Watkins:“Sia wrote our recent single ‘What The Future Holds’ with us in mind. But Lisa’s met Michael Jackson…

Lisa Scott-Lee: “It was in Bahrain not long before he died. We got led in a convoy of 4x4s through the desert to the palace. I was the first in, and Michael was stood there. I went: ‘Hey, I’m Lisa. I’m in a pop group called Steps’ (laughs) and we sat for three hours talking about music. He was lovely and all he wanted to know about was the UK pop scene.”

Ian ‘H’ Watkins: “I can go one down from that. I used to wake up next to his brother [Jermaine Jackson] every morning on Celebrity Big Brother (laughs)”

https://www.nme.com/music-interviews...-oasis-2824464

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default In a conversation with Gourab Chatterjee and Devlina Kumar

Gourab writes about his other love — music

I grew up listening to Michael Jackson. I remember I would cry every day and beg my father to not take me to kindergarten just so that I could stay home and watch Michael’s recorded shows on the VCR. Sometimes watching the shows were followed by me playing MJ, performing in the drawing room and blasting the music player with MJ’s album Bad. I used to play both simultaneously, MJ as well as his fans who would faint watching him and were rushed to the ambulance. The love for him till date remains intact. I got introduced to a whole new world of music when I went to St. Paul’s, Darjeeling. Eminem to B.B. King, I heard everything.

Post boarding school my heart was filled with love and the thought of romance. I used to drive a Maruti 800 base model that was gifted by one of the fans of my grandfather who used to run a transport business with all his vehicles named after Uttam Kumar and Suchitra Sen’s movies. As a token of appreciation he wanted to gift us a car. I would drive around and listen to my music and my car was the best place for it. It’s where I felt romantic, felt cool about myself, did all sorts of stupid things. Well, that was the age.

I was introduced to Rage Against the Machine by my friend back in the eleventh standard when I came back to Calcutta and was studying in La Martiniere. That was quite the band. Unlike Linkin Park where they used a lot of scratches and electronic sounds, RATM developed a sound without electronic DJ equipment. They made them with their guitar distortions and mentioned so on their album covers. And not just the sound, they had revolutionary political views and social messages in their songs.

Meanwhile, the sound of bands like Incubus and Staind was pleasant and they sang of love and heartbreak and feelings. There were these rainy days when the noon sky would be overcast with dark clouds and I would go for long drives with my music, the weather and the thought of unrealistic love. Switchfoot and Lifehouse had to be on my playlist. Then came Goo Goo Dolls, Snow Patrol and Death Cab for Cutie. Some of U2’s songs were surreal.

I remember this one time when I had a heartbreak. My second one. So I went to a quiet corner in Southern Avenue, parked my car under a tree, took a cup of chai and listened to James Blunt. He was so relatable, especially in those days. Coldplay was another band... what a sound. Warning Sign is fave.

I have also enjoyed a lot of different sounds... Jethro Tull was amazing. The sound of flute in a British rock band was like the spice in a Continental platter. I was driven by artistes like Joe Satriani, Joe Bonamassa and John Petrucci at that time who didn’t need vocalists. Their guitars sang. And yes, John Denver’s music inspired me a lot in many ways. He made me fall in love with mountains every day.

And then there was and is Pink Floyd. I could connect to Wish You Were Here. For me it was about losing my father, his absence. Another Brick In The Wall is again a song that has many layers. The meaning changed over time as I grew older. I started to uncover each layer and the more I did, I started falling for their stuff. Comfortably Numb is an anthem. The more I grow older, the more it begins to make sense.

This song is like a moving picture of the harsh reality called life in the form of melody. This song reflects a state of mind... the war we all are fighting but together. The best part about Floyd would be that each song is a scene and their album is the movie. And finally my favourite, Coming Back to Life. I personally feel this is a song about love that happened and it comes from a place of disappointment, truce, love and anger.

https://www.telegraphindia.com/enter...ar/cid/1798500

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default CHUNG HA 'Dream of You': Hot 'Smooth Criminal'

The epitome of irresistible sensuality, femininity, and androgyny in one masterpiece... That's kim chungha, everyone'

CHUNG HA aka Kim Chung-ha has dropped a performance video of her latest English single ‘Dream with You’, a collab with R3HAB, and the stunning performance mixed with Michael Jackson-like ‘Smooth Criminal’ moves is now getting praised by the Internet.

‘Dream of You’ starts with CHUNGA HA in a black strappy dress showing off her sensual moves singing, “I can’t stand/That you might be in someone’s bed/With someone that you just met all over you/And you can’t breathe/When your eye’s all fixed on me/Know you think that I don’t see it but I do” before leading to the chorus where she lays an open invitation singing “I want you and I know you want me too/So now no more games come through.”

The touch of retro vibes, punchy beats, house-pop cuts with CHUNG HA’s tribute to Michael Jackson’s ‘Smooth Criminal’ and the overall upbeat song set screens on fire as her fans are now gushing all over it. A fan said, “I think about the time when chungha went on a show and said women can absolutely dance like men and here she is pulling off moves like michael jackson in her new single ‘dream of you’”, another said, “the epitome of irresistible sensuality, femininity, and androgyny in one masterpiece. that's kim chungha, everyone.” Another fan declared, “ChungHa is a god among men.”

i think about the time when chungha went on a show and said women can absolutely dance like men and here she is pulling off moves like michael jackson in her new single ‘dream of you’

A fan pointed out, "you wanna know why you should stan chungha? because she doesn't disappoint. since IOI she has been the queen that she is and that’s never changing." Another fan confessed, “the way my brain malfunctioned 10 seconds into chungha's new video." Another excited fan stated, “CHUNGHA IS SO DAMN TALENTED SHE MADE ALL THE HARDEST MOVES IN THE FLOOR AND ALL THE CRIMINAL SMOOTH CONCEPT SHE DID SO WELL!!! CHUNGHA BYULHARANGS ARE PROUD OF YOU! CHUNGHA BEST GIRL!”

One of K-pop’s most promising solo stars of this generation, CHUNG HA is signing up with a new record company 88rising as the next set of her career. Her English single ‘Dream of You’ with R3HAB comes as a start of their new venture. 88rising founder and CEO Sean Miyashiro told Forbes, “Chung Ha is an artist that should be a generational star as a performer, artist and creative. We have a solid vision of how to support her in achieving her goals and dreams. It’s always certainly a lot easier when an artist has such a distinct point of view, we are here to serve and help that come to reality. For me, and the rest of the collective I think the thing that makes us different is our passion.”

https://meaww.com/chung-ha-dream-of-...-god-among-men

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default BTS: Jimin and Jungkook imitated Michael Jackson and got all the Applause

Jimin and Jungkook of the South Korean k-pop band BTS dared to imitate nothing more and nothing less than Michael Jackson , the unforgettable King of Pop.

At a live show, both BTS started out wearing yellow and pink bunny costumes and then went backstage and came back in one completely white outfit and the other black.

Jimin and Jungkook of the South Korean k-pop band BTS dared to imitate nothing more and nothing less than Michael Jackson , the unforgettable King of Pop.

At a live show, both BTS started out wearing yellow and pink bunny costumes and then went backstage and came back in one completely white outfit and the other black.

Jimin and Jungkook did very well and showed that they are capable of dancing like the best in the world, doing most of their steps with practically no mistakes.

It was a beautiful tribute from one of the most famous Korean poop groups in the world who is still considered the king of this genre today and who apparently died of a drug overdose several years ago.

https://marketresearchtelecast.com/b...pplause/10053/

Last edited by NatureCriminal7896; 01-12-2020 at 04:18 PM.