Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 628
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Michael in the Media - Thread for Miscellaneous Articles

This is an old one, but it's lovely.

Editor's Note: This article originally appeared in the June/July 1995 issue of VIBE Magazine.

Michael & Me

Reporting By: Omoronke Idowu, Shani Saxon, Joseph V. Tirella, Josh Tyrangiel, and Mimi Valdés

JIMMY JAM, producer/songwriter (worked on HIStory album)

Michael's the most intense person I've worked with. For him, everything is about the music and how to make it better. He also makes work a lot of fun. He's a kid at heart—his office is not like a normal office. He has all the kids' toys. A lot of times we'd be in session, in the middle of playing a video game, and he'd be, like, "Well, we got to do this. But go ahead and finish your game, though—I don't want to mess your game up."

The thing about Michael is his talent. If you put Michael onstage without the explosions and the other dancers, he'll still command the stage.

There's a song called "Childhood" on the new album, and I think for the first time, Michael has put a lot of his feelings on record. That song, for right now, defines where's he's at—the way he feels about himself and the way people feel about him.

HEAVY D, MC/label executive (rapped on "Jam," 1991)

I was in California the first time I heard Michael Jackson wanted to record with me. I was, like, Nah, no way, he's too big, it can't be true. Then I got a call from Michael's people at my hotel telling me he was interested. But I still wasn't believing it—I thought they were setting me up for a TV practical jokes show.

So me and my partner go to the place, and while we were waiting we were talking and cursing up a storm—I was thinking that if it was a blooper show, they wouldn't be able to use it. Then Michael called and said he was on his way. When he got there he was just, like, 'Hey, how ya doin?'"

Michael's just as regular as everyone else. We talked about all the normal stuff guys talk about. He's real smart. People forget that he's the most incredible entertainer we've seen in our lifetime. His name is Michael Jackson, not Super Michael Jackson. He makes mistakes just like all of us.

My favorite Michael Jackson song is "Music and Me." It's an old one, about him and his music, his love for music, and the time they've had together. It's like a song that would be sung to a girl, but it's all about music.

R. KELLY, singer/songwriter/producer (worked on HIStory album)

I thought it was funny when I told Michael Jackson I didn't want to fly, and he was giving me reasons why I should. I kept looking him in the eye, and I kept saying "uh-huh, uh-huh" and "oh, I see," knowing all the time that I would not be getting on a plane.

Working with Michael was definitely not just another day at the office.

KENNY GAMBLE AND LEON HUFF, producers (the Jacksons' Destiny album, 1978)

Gamble:
    When we took Michael in the studio to overdub his voice, he had so many different ideas about songs, writing, and producing, I told him he could really record himself. He was very curious about a lot of things. He's a creative, spiritual, caring person.

Nineteen eighty-one's "Rock With You" is the most what Michael's about. I really believe he and Quincy have a magic together. Michael is a miracle.

Huff: When Michael and his brothers first came to Philadelphia, Gamble decided to walk them from the hotel to the studio. As they were walking, they were rushed by a group of girls. The brothers escaped by going into a movie theater. Once they made it to the studio, these girls camped outside the studio—and this was for a six-month period. To see 100 girls laying outside a studio at 3 and 4 in the morning for Michael and his brothers was something else.

My favorite Michael song? Nineteen eighty-seven's "Show You the Way to Go."

NAOMI CAMPBELL, supermodel/actress/singer (appeared in "In the Closet" video, 1992)

Michael is very involved and on top of everything he puts his name on. He's shy and sweet, considering all he's accomplished, but he's a prankster. When I was doing the video, we had water pistol fights. He's a perfectionist.

TEDDY RILEY, producer (worked on Dangerous and HIStory albums)

He's the greatest. Innovative. Black.

SLASH, Guns N' Roses guitarist (played on Dangerous and HIStory albums)

He's a ****ing brilliant entertainer, a complete natural. He's the only guy I've ever met that's real—for that kind of music. I grew up listening to the Jackson 5. I used to love "Dancing Machine."

We've been friends for a while, so he just lets me do what I want to do. I get a basic framework, and I just make up my part and they edit it. I wonder sometimes what it's gonna sound like, [Laughs] but every time, they do a great job. He's very shrewd. He's got a great, sarcastic sense of humor. People always ask me, "Is he weird?" Well, he's different. But I know what it's like to be weird, growing up in the music business.

I have to admit working with Michael Jackson is different than working with your basic, gritty rock 'n' roll band. One time when I went to play for Michael, he walked in with Brooke Shields, and there I am with a cigarette in one hand, a bottle of Jack Daniel's in the other, and my guitar hanging low around my neck. And he doesn't care. That's not the way he is, but I don't have to change for him. He accepts me for what I am.

TATUM O'NEAL, actress/friend

I never worked with Michael, but he and I had a really wonderful friendship when I was 12 and he was 17. He used to dance with me, we'd talk on the phone all the time, and he'd say how funny it was that I was 12 and I could drive and he was older and couldn't. Michael used to come to my house when I was living with my dad, and I remember him being so shy. Once he came into my bedroom, and he wouldn't even sit on my bed. But another time when he was over, he played the drums, my brother played guitar, and someone else played another instrument, and we had a jam session. I had the tape of it, but I lost it somewhere.

When I was 12, he asked me to go to the premiere of The Wiz with him, and my agent at the time said it wasn't a good idea, maybe because they felt he wasn't a big enough star yet. He never talked to me after that. I think he thought I just canceled, but it wasn't me at all. I was a child doing what I was told. I want you to print that, because I don't think he ever knew that. I lost touch with him because of it, so I don't really know him anymore. But I love him; he's one of the nicest, most innocent people I've ever met. I love "She's out of My Life" because I think it describes our friendship at that time.

DALLAS AUSTIN, songwriter/producer (worked on HIStory album)

Working with Michael is a different type of work. You're pressured timewise, but not by creativity or money. So you're left with mad freedom. You'd think he'd be very controlling, but if he likes you enough to work with you, he wants your expertise, not just another Michael Jackson record.

"Heal the World" and "Stranger in Moscow" from the HIStory record are, like, the makeup of Michael. I think he's taken on the responsibility to make changes in the world. He's the only real superhero. Think about it.

LISA MARIE PRESLEY-JACKSON, former wife

Michael is a true artist in every facet of its nature—extremely aesthetic and very, very romantic. This is who he truly is despite degrading comments made in the past by certain larva.

Michael, as well as myself, have been severely underestimated and misunderstood as human beings. I can't wait for the day when all the snakes who have tried to take him out get to eat their own lunch and crawl back in the holes from which they came.

We know who they are and their bluff is about to be called.

QUINCY JONES, longtime collaborator/legendary producer

Michael can go out and perform before 90,000 people, but if I ask him to sing a song for me, I have to sit on the couch with my hands over my eyes and he goes behind the couch. He is amazingly shy.

What people forget about him is that for the first time, probably in the history of music, a black artist is embraced on a global level by everyone from eight to 80 years old. People all over the world, especially young people, have a black man as an idol.

https://www.vibe.com/featured/michae...be-cover-story

Help Staff help you. Remember:

Read the Rules. Respect other members. Report offensive posts.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anna For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registered5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alh21 View Post
    I also watched this documentary and brought tears to my eyes when I heard the words, this is not a man that should have died. The parts of the documentary in Michael's bedroom made me feel like I was invading Michael's privacy and wished these parts were left out, does anyone else think the same, or is it just me being to sensitive?
    I agree. Michael shouldn't die at all. he had so much left to do on this earth. gone too soon.

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Level
    Thanks

https://ebrandon.ca/buzzpost.aspx?buzz_id=403

August 2nd Michael Jackson HIStory Show cancelled

The August 2nd Brandon stop for the Michael Jackson HIStory Show has been cancelled, it was learned last night via a member post in the eBrandon discussion forums.

An ad for the event could be seen running in local media as recently as today, however the official page for the show itself now lists no Brandon event or any at all for the August 2 date that had been scheduled and now the cancellation has been made official on the Western Manitoba Centennial Auditorium website via the text “Cancelled” overlaid on the show’s listing on its events page.

Tickets had been priced at $57 for standard admission prior to February 28 including taxes and service charge. After that date the cost was $68. Children were priced at $36.

In conversation with a representative for the WMCA this afternoon I've learned that they have been going through the process of contacting everyone who had bought tickets and processing full refunds. A message has been sent to representation of the show itself to learn of reason for the cancellation and any reply will be used to update this post with further information.

An event had been scheduled for the following evening at Winnipeg's Burton Cummings Theatre but has also been cancelled, with a statement shared on the Theatre's Facebook page citing poor sales as a reason and expressing a hope to return to Manitoba in the future.

The next-closest stop to Brandon for the event, billed as “The world’s premier MJ tribute show,” will take place next Wednesday, July 31 in Regina. The next music-related event on the WMCA website events page is the September 29 performance by the Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra followed by a stop by the Burton Cummings “Up Close and Alone” tour the following evening.

Updated: July 23, 3:00pm. Added information on Winnipeg cancellation

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Was Michael Jackson Ever Married? Find Out Who He Dated

Stefan Preston |
    August 1, 2019

Michael Jackson, the legendary King of Pop, died in 2009 from a combination of lethal, doctor-administered drugs. At only 50 years old, Jackson definitely died before his time. He left behind three children and a catalog of incredible songs such as “Billie Jean,” “Thriller,” “Bad,” “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You,” and “Black or White.”

Jackson’s legacy has been tarnished by a string of child molestation charges, that followed him all throughout his career, but Jackson also had several high-profile relationships that have been much-studied.

Michael Jackson’s early girlfriends

Michael Jackson grew up in the spotlight, as the frontman for the Jackson Five, a group comprised of him and his older brothers. Instead of playgrounds and field trips, Jackson spent his childhood years on a stage, performing for fans all over the United States.

The Jackson Five eventually made it big, and young Michael Jackson became a worldwide sensation before ultimately branching out on his own, singing and dancing to hits like “Thriller.

It was only natural that Jackson’s earliest relationships were with fellow child stars. Jackson reportedly dated Brooke Shields when he was young, as well as young Oscar-winning actress Tatum O’Neal.

Shields remained friends with Jackson throughout the rest of his life and even spoke at his memorial service in 2009.

Michael Jackson married the daughter of Elvis

Jackson met Lisa Marie Presley, the only child of rock and roll legend Elvis Presley when they were both very young. They didn’t maintain contact for many years and met again in the early 90s when Jackson was a massive superstar and Presley was already married with two children.

Still, sparks flew and the pair found that they had much in common. Following Presley’s divorce from her first husband, Danny Keough, the two got married in May 1994.

Although Jackson and Presley proclaimed that they were very much in love, many questioned the timing of the relationship, as it was announced on the heels of Jackson’s first child molestation charges.

Jackson and Presley fiercely disputed the charges but the marriage itself didn’t last. Lisa Marie Presley filed for divorce in late 1996 and while she later admitted that she and Jackson continued to see each other following their divorce, as far as the public knew, that was the end of that chapter in Jackson’s life.

Jackson and Debbie Rowe

Michael Jackson first met Debbie Rowe, a doctor’s assistant, in the 1980s, but their romantic relationship didn’t begin until after Jackson’s divorce from Presley.

Reportedly, Rowe told Jackson that she would be happy to have his children, and Jackson, who wanted to become a father, agreed. Rowe and Jackson got married in November 1996, and Rowe would go on to have two children, a girl named Paris and a son named Prince.

Rowe and Jackson divorced in October 1999, with Jackson taking full custody of the two children. Eventually, Jackson would go on to have a third child with an unknown surrogate mother, a son he nicknamed “Blanket.” From all reports, it seems as though Jackson was a devoted father who loved his children deeply.

It is not known whether or not Jackson had any girlfriends before he died, but all in all, Jackson was married twice and in several romantic relationships.

The King of Pop’s music sales continue to prosper, even though he is not around to enjoy the success, and in spite of continued controversy regarding possible child molestation, his fans still carry the torch for Jackson.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...he-dated.html/

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsYour first GroupThree FriendsCreated Blog entry
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/21/enter...rnd/index.html

(CNN)The black loafers that Michael Jackson used to perform his signature moonwalk for the first time on stage are going up for auction.

The star owned the Florsheim Imperial leather shoes and wore them while rehearsing his performance of "Billie Jean" for the "Motown 25" TV special in 1983.
    That rehearsal marked the first time the King of Pop performed his famous backward-sliding dance move on stage, according to GWS Auctions.
    The famous loafers will be put up for auction May 26.
    "Anything related to Michael Jackson is extraordinary, and to have something so incredibly historical as these shoes worn by Michael when he first did that now famous moonwalk is beyond special," Brigitte Kruse, owner of GWS Auctions, said via email. "We are so very honored to be able to offer them at auction."
    She said the auction house has a "very conservative estimate" on the shoes of $10,000.
    "These shoes are in wonderful condition for their age, with evident signs of use to the soles," the catalog description reads.
    The shoes have been owned by choreographer and dancer Lester Wilson, who said Jackson gave him the shoes in his dressing room after rehearsing with his brothers for the special, the auction house said.
    It's possible the shoes were used during the performance on the special, too, because according to the letter of authenticity, Jackson referred to the pair as his "magic shoes" and a pair of performance shoes has never surfaced, GWS Auctions said.
    "Billie Jean" and the album on which it appeared, 1982's "Thriller," made Jackson the first artist to have a No. 1 pop single, pop album, R&B single and R&B album chart simultaneously.
    Jackson began performing at age 5 with four of his five brothers as The Jackson Five. His first solo album, "Off the Wall" in 1979, sold more than 20 million copies and had four Top 10 singles.
    The music superstar died in 2009 at age 50 after suffering cardiac arrest at his home near Los Angeles.
    And they better spell my name right! L-I-D-E-O. So simple. Frankie Lideo!

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsYour first GroupThree FriendsCreated Blog entry
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Why was my post deleted
    And they better spell my name right! L-I-D-E-O. So simple. Frankie Lideo!

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 628
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StageGlitter View Post
    Why was my post deleted
    What post are you referring to?

Help Staff help you. Remember:

Read the Rules. Respect other members. Report offensive posts.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Michael Jackson tribute show so good it's Bad
    By Mark Green @markgreen53

From dancing along to the legendary pop videos as a child, to playing to a crowd of weeping fans the day after Michael Jackson died, Ben Bowman is dedicated to being the UK’s ultimate tribute to ‘The King of Pop’.

Ben, 33, quit college to pursue his dream and now travels the world paying homage to Jackson’s music in his live show Michael Starring Ben which comes to Carlisle next month.

His interest in the superstar began at an early age: “Me and my brother grew up with my mother’s vinyl collection and Michael Jackson was part of that.

“We especially caught on to him, and even started dressing up as him for fancy dress parties. I became one of those kids who learned all the dances from the videos.

“When it comes to the singing, I was around 16 or 17 and my friend asked ‘How does Michael Jackson’s new song go?’

“It was You Rock My World, I sang a couple of lines and she said I really sounded like him.”

He has performed as Michael Jackson for 14 years, starting straight out of school.

“I was at college, studying drama, and they told me I could earn £77 a night in the West End,” he remembers.

Ben, who grew up on the Isle of Sheppey, off Kent, quit the course and started booking venues.

“Even when I started, I thought it was just something fun that I could do on the side of working. I never imagined I would be a full-time Michael Jackson impersonator – it’s not like it’s something that comes up at the job centre!”

“People say: ‘Don’t you get bored?’ Our set has been the same for four and a half years, but every audience, every venue is different and an adaptation. There are definitely worse jobs in the world.

“When I started out, I had a lot of trouble trying to recreate the album versions of his songs. They’re studio works of art and you just can’t recreate that live.

“Seeing the live footage, I can study the voice in the raw and for me, the live singing on Bad is the best. The first conscious image I remember as a child is the Bad era – and it’s definitely my favourite. He had a cool, tough edge about him, and I’ve always loved that side.”

It is now 10 years since the superstar died, but people are just as keen to hear his songs and see Ben portray the ‘King of Pop’.

He said: “Where has that time gone? I still remember hearing the news and having to go out the next night in a bar to perform. It was a big bar, and there were about 700 people crammed in, and people outside. It was insane.

“I’ll never forget that night and the turn out – it would usually have been about 400 people and was almost doubled. People were crying, it was a very emotional night.”

They are still emotional. Ben says: “The fans are so passionate. The screamers and criers are my favourites.

“I absolutely love that we incite that reaction, it means we are doing something right. It’s insane, incredible, that people are drawn into it for those two hours that we perform, that they believe in what we’re doing.

“It’s a feeling I wouldn’t swap for anything.”

n Michael Starring Ben, is at The Sands Centre, September 28. For tickets go to www.thesandscentre. co.uk or call 01228 633766

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/1...good-39-s-bad/

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Miscellaneous Michael J. Jackson - MMJJ

[Videos included on the site if you're interested]

Michael Jackson’s MTV Impact Breaking Racial Barriers and Opening Doors for Artists of Color

https://blacknewszone.com/2019/08/23...ists-of-color/

*Atlanta — Michael Jackson’s pioneering state of mind emerged when he was barely past his teen years: be the first, be the best, and create a way for others to have the same or greater opportunities.

He first burst into American living rooms in 1969 as the cherubic-faced front “man” for the Jackson 5 at age 11, who with his four brothers, produced four consecutive No. 1 hits on the Motown Records label. Throughout their teens, Jackson and his brothers made bell-bottom jeans, Afros and family, a cool and ubiquitous part of black culture.

By the time he was 11, he was the youngest artist to top the Billboard Hot 100 chart (155 days) and at 12, he already had four No.1 singles. He blazed a trail that would make him America’s first symbol of what it really meant to be a black crossover artist. On March 10, 1983, Jackson’s music video “Billie Jean,” would be the instrument to change the course of MTV forever. After its debut on the network, the single topped the Billboard 100 charts for seven weeks, proving its long-deserved placement was overdue.

On Dec. 2, 1983, Jackson’s full 13-minute music video “Thriller,” premiered on MTV — a network that had unapologetically told artists of color their music did not sync with its format. MTV airing Jackson’s “Thriller” further broke down racial and cultural barriers that denied black artists a place on the new platform for their creative works and Americans an opportunity to engage with black visual music.

After “Thriller’s” debut, MTV came under increasing scrutiny for its lack of diversity in the videos it premiered. What emerged was a critical question: Where was the representation of the cosmic influence that African Americans had in all genres of music, even rock-and-roll?

For Jackson, it was the beginning or rather, a continuation of what became his lifelong commitment to changing the course of mainstream industry oppression. He approached MTV with an opportunity to play fair and bring a diverse experience to its audience while opening the door for the artists of color that followed.

Jackson’s landmark videos are also credited with contributing to significant advancements in black music video development and filmmaking over the last 30 years as well as influencing artists such as Ne-Yo, Usher, Kanye West, Bruno Mars, and Janelle Monáe. But most enduring and impactful about Jackson’s breakthrough on MTV was his choice to be a pivotal force in championing the pathway for African-American artists to be part of a phenomenon, which today gives them a platform for influencing cultural diversity around the world.

Supporters of Michael Jackson’s Legacy

Michael Jackson broke records and broke barriers. He was a pioneer in music, art, and entertainment. He blazed trails and created pathways. He brought people together through his unique gifts to the world: extraordinary music and unparalleled generosity. He achieved more in his brief life than many. He gave more to people in his 50 years than most. What remains is his legacy—immortal, indelible, infinite. These press releases are a dedicated destination to read, learn, and reflect on all things Michael Jackson. Archives of all articles can be found on our column in www.EURweb.com under Michael Jackson’s Legacy column.

https://www.instagram.com/celebratingmj/

https://www.facebook.com/celebratingmj/

https://twitter.com/celebrating_mj

Media Contact:

Edna Sims, Owner, ESP Public Relations
    "If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with" - Michael Jackson

Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registered5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Miscellaneous Michael J. Jackson - MMJJ

Quote Originally Posted by MJPoetryFan View Post
    [Videos included on the site if you're interested]

Michael Jackson’s MTV Impact Breaking Racial Barriers and Opening Doors for Artists of Color

https://blacknewszone.com/2019/08/23...ists-of-color/

*Atlanta — Michael Jackson’s pioneering state of mind emerged when he was barely past his teen years: be the first, be the best, and create a way for others to have the same or greater opportunities.

He first burst into American living rooms in 1969 as the cherubic-faced front “man” for the Jackson 5 at age 11, who with his four brothers, produced four consecutive No. 1 hits on the Motown Records label. Throughout their teens, Jackson and his brothers made bell-bottom jeans, Afros and family, a cool and ubiquitous part of black culture.

By the time he was 11, he was the youngest artist to top the Billboard Hot 100 chart (155 days) and at 12, he already had four No.1 singles. He blazed a trail that would make him America’s first symbol of what it really meant to be a black crossover artist. On March 10, 1983, Jackson’s music video “Billie Jean,” would be the instrument to change the course of MTV forever. After its debut on the network, the single topped the Billboard 100 charts for seven weeks, proving its long-deserved placement was overdue.

On Dec. 2, 1983, Jackson’s full 13-minute music video “Thriller,” premiered on MTV — a network that had unapologetically told artists of color their music did not sync with its format. MTV airing Jackson’s “Thriller” further broke down racial and cultural barriers that denied black artists a place on the new platform for their creative works and Americans an opportunity to engage with black visual music.

After “Thriller’s” debut, MTV came under increasing scrutiny for its lack of diversity in the videos it premiered. What emerged was a critical question: Where was the representation of the cosmic influence that African Americans had in all genres of music, even rock-and-roll?

For Jackson, it was the beginning or rather, a continuation of what became his lifelong commitment to changing the course of mainstream industry oppression. He approached MTV with an opportunity to play fair and bring a diverse experience to its audience while opening the door for the artists of color that followed.

Jackson’s landmark videos are also credited with contributing to significant advancements in black music video development and filmmaking over the last 30 years as well as influencing artists such as Ne-Yo, Usher, Kanye West, Bruno Mars, and Janelle Monáe. But most enduring and impactful about Jackson’s breakthrough on MTV was his choice to be a pivotal force in championing the pathway for African-American artists to be part of a phenomenon, which today gives them a platform for influencing cultural diversity around the world.

Supporters of Michael Jackson’s Legacy

Michael Jackson broke records and broke barriers. He was a pioneer in music, art, and entertainment. He blazed trails and created pathways. He brought people together through his unique gifts to the world: extraordinary music and unparalleled generosity. He achieved more in his brief life than many. He gave more to people in his 50 years than most. What remains is his legacy—immortal, indelible, infinite. These press releases are a dedicated destination to read, learn, and reflect on all things Michael Jackson. Archives of all articles can be found on our column in www.EURweb.com under Michael Jackson’s Legacy column.

https://www.instagram.com/celebratingmj/

https://www.facebook.com/celebratingmj/

https://twitter.com/celebrating_mj

Media Contact:

Edna Sims, Owner, ESP Public Relations
    This was from my city. they did a very nice article. bless them.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Not going link to this because it was stupid, but there was an article recommended for me with a title saying someone made "a sad Michael Jackson and Prince revelation." That might have been the worst clickbait I've ever seen; it turned out to be that this person's hamster died, and they Photoshopped a picture of it with Michael and Prince (among other people) in heaven. *facepalm*

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Me and Michael share a lot of the same characteristics. i been going to therapy almost 10 years now. (isn't that weird?) if my therapist tells me that i'm okay and that my interests are unique then article about Michael from therapists from 1984 saying the samething shows a lot. MICHAEL IS INNOCENT AND ALWAYS BEEN HAVE.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Default Michael Jackson’s Halloween Hit ‘Thriller’ Is as Popular as Ever Despite Leaving Neverland Fallout

Though public perception of Michael Jackson has become even more divisive since the release of the HBO documentary Leaving Neverland — which resurfaced sexual abuse claims against Jackson earlier this year — the legendary musician’s 1982 hit “Thriller” seems to have survived largely unscathed.

As Halloween approaches, towns across the United States have hosted “Thriller” walks and parades as an homage to the song’s music video, which features Jackson dressed up as both a werewolf and a zombie. During the video, Jackson leads a group of zombies in the famous “Thriller” dance.

On Saturday, November 2 the city of Macon, Georgia held their “13th Annual ‘Thriller’ Parade.” According to the website, the two-hour parade featured “100 zombies of all ages” who performed the “Thriller” dance together at 9 p.m. Similar events were held in Lexington, Kentucky, La Crescent, Wisconsin and Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
    Jackson’s two sons, Prince Michael and Blanket “Bigi” Jackson, also hosted their third annual “Thriller Night” costume party with the Heal Los Angeles Foundation — an organization which was founded to further the cause of Jackson’s Heal the World Foundation and improve the conditions of those in Los Angeles — on Saturday.

As recently as last year, “Thriller” remained the top Halloween song, according to Billboard’s charts. Billboard collected the data by a formula blending digital sales, radio airplay and streaming, as measured by Nielsen Music.
    Earlier this month, Billboard reported that streaming increased 22 percent in the 31-week period following the documentary’s release. On the other hand, radio airplay of Jackson’s songs decreased 32 percent in the same period.

Leaving Neverland was released in January and focuses on the stories of two men, Wade Robson and James Safechuck, who claim that Jackson sexually abused them both as children. Prior to his death, the star had repeatedly denied any wrongdoing, and he was acquitted in a child sex abuse case leveled against him in California in 2005.

Still, the documentary had a lasting impact on Michael’s legacy; several radio stations took Michael’s hits out of rotation and the star’s 2,700-acre Neverland Ranch (now renamed Sycamore Valley Ranch) was put on the market at 70 percent off its original list price.
    Though a musical based on the life and career of Jackson, titled MJ, was cancelled ahead of its anticipated Chicago run in response to the documentary, Variety now reports that it is set to open on Broadway in August 2020.

https://people.com/music/michael-jac...rland-fallout/

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 95.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,426 Times in 889 Posts

Default Re: Michael Jackson’s Halloween Hit ‘Thriller’ Is as Popular as Ever Despite Leaving Neverland Fallo

Nobody can kill "Thriller" and "Thriller Will Not DIE!
    SUPPORTER/FAN of MICHAEL JACKSON & NARUHINA

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PoP For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Michael Jackson’s Halloween Hit ‘Thriller’ Is as Popular as Ever Despite Leaving Neverland Fallo

Quote Originally Posted by PoP View Post
    Nobody can kill "Thriller" and "Thriller Will Not DIE!