Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,196 Times in 618 Posts

Default Re: Michael in the Media - Thread for Miscellaneous Articles

Michael Jackson was a 'player' and 'feeble' persona was an act – claims Mike Tyson
    Boxing legend Mike Tyson has opened up about the King of Pop in a tell-all interview

Mike Tyson has opened up about his interactions with the late Michael Jackson in a candid interview.

The boxing champ, 53, claimed Michael was a "player" and "feeble" nature was all a facade.

In an enlightening chat on T.I's Expeditiously podcast, Tyson opened up about his friendship with Jackson, and revealed he hated him long before they became pals.

Tyson claimed Jackson snubbed him backstage at a concert in 1986, despite him just becoming the heavyweight champion of the world.

Speaking about the moment, Tyson said: "It broke my ego.

"It crushed me."

Tyson said the frosty moment saw him harbour anger towards Michael for years.

He recalled: "That cold mother f****r. I hated his guts forever."

Tyson said the beef between the pair was later squashed when a mutual friend suggested they all hang out together.

Not only did they let bygones be bygones, Tyson said he quickly realised Michael was really intelligent and not "a f***ing idiot".

Mike said: "He wasn't no f**king stupid little feeble lookin' boy like Peter Pan. He's f**king sharp. He knew what f**kin' time it was. It blew my mind."

Tyson also recalls thinking he was a "player" when he met him in terms of knowing how to woo someone.

He also said MJ gave him tips on how to impress women.

Tyson divulged: "I thought he was a f**king idiot until I met him that day,"

"I learned to respect him. I knew he was a player."

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/...rsona-21244036
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,919 Times in 933 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    Michael Jackson was a 'player' and 'feeble' persona was an act – claims Mike Tyson
    Boxing legend Mike Tyson has opened up about the King of Pop in a tell-all interview

Mike Tyson has opened up about his interactions with the late Michael Jackson in a candid interview.

The boxing champ, 53, claimed Michael was a "player" and "feeble" nature was all a facade.

In an enlightening chat on T.I's Expeditiously podcast, Tyson opened up about his friendship with Jackson, and revealed he hated him long before they became pals.

Tyson claimed Jackson snubbed him backstage at a concert in 1986, despite him just becoming the heavyweight champion of the world.

Speaking about the moment, Tyson said: "It broke my ego.

"It crushed me."

Tyson said the frosty moment saw him harbour anger towards Michael for years.

He recalled: "That cold mother f****r. I hated his guts forever."

Tyson said the beef between the pair was later squashed when a mutual friend suggested they all hang out together.

Not only did they let bygones be bygones, Tyson said he quickly realised Michael was really intelligent and not "a f***ing idiot".

Mike said: "He wasn't no f**king stupid little feeble lookin' boy like Peter Pan. He's f**king sharp. He knew what f**kin' time it was. It blew my mind."

Tyson also recalls thinking he was a "player" when he met him in terms of knowing how to woo someone.

He also said MJ gave him tips on how to impress women.

Tyson divulged: "I thought he was a f**king idiot until I met him that day,"

"I learned to respect him. I knew he was a player."

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/...rsona-21244036
    LMAO. I actually find this VERY easy to believe, as it aligns with my own thoughts regarding Michael's persona.
    Intelligent, witty, charming and flirty.....definitely quite the player when he wanted to be, as everyone seemed to instantly fall in love with him.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mikky Dee For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsYour first GroupThree FriendsCreated Blog entry
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Michael knew how to be warm, but there were times when he was conceited and cold. I believe him.

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registeredOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Michael could get any women he wanted to be honest that's only the woman like him though. but he was so different and he wanted someone just like him. it's sad he never actually got it. Michael was kind of sassy and forward at sometimes. but he was also sweet and shy sometimes.

all in all he had a beautiful soul.
    Last edited by NatureCriminal7896; 10-01-2020 at 05:12 PM.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NatureCriminal7896 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Miscellaneous Michael J. Jackson - MMJJ

Buellton Medical Center Announces Passing of Local Doctor

The Buellton Medical Center announced Dr. William B. Van Valin II, also known as Barney, passed away on Saturday, January 4.

Dr. Van Valin was born and raised in the Santa Ynez Valle and worked at the Buellton Medical Clinic and Center since 2004.

"He loved his hometown... He was a good man and a great doctor; he will be greatly missed by all his patients and all the people that knew him," stated the Medical Center.

Van Valin published a book about his friendship with the late pop star and Santa Ynez Valley resident Michael Jackson titled "Conversations in Neverland with Michael Jackson." The doctor was ordered to testify in 2013 in the wrongful death lawsuit filed by Jackson's family.

The Medical Center stated they are not disclosing any further information out of respect and compassion for his family.

https://www.edhat.com/news/buellton-...f-local-doctor

R.I.P. Barney

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Black History Month Spotlight: Michael Jackson & Dr. Rebecca Lee Crumpler!

Posted on February 3, 2020 by Pulse of Radio

Black History Month 2020

To recall and celebrate the positive contributions to our nation made by people of African descent, American historian Carter G. Woodson established Black History Week beginning on Feb. 12, 1926. In 1976, as part of the nation's bicentennial, the week was expanded into Black History Month.

TODAY'S SPOTLIGHT ON MICHAEL JACKSON

Michael Jackson was one of the top-selling artists of all time, only behind Elvis Presley and The Beatles, selling nearly 175 million albums worldwide. His 1982 album Thriller is the best-selling album of all time, with over 50 million copies sold worldwide. Dubbed the “King of Pop”, MJ was a singer, songwriter, producer, dancer, actor and humanitarian. He launched his solo career in 1971, after making his debut with his brothers The Jackson 5 in 1964. He is one of the only artists to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice. He was also inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame and the Dance Hall of Fame as the first and only dancer from pop and rock music. His other achievements include multiple Guinness World Records; 13 Grammy Awards as well as the Grammy Legend Award and the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award; 26 American Music Awards, more than any other artist, including the “Artist of the Century” and “Artist of the 1980s”; 13 number-one singles in the United States in his solo career, more than any other male artist in the Hot 100 era.

He is also the most awarded recording artists in the history of pop music. He is also the first artist to have a top ten single on the Billboard Hot 100 in five different decades after “Love Never Felt So Good” reached number 9 in 2014. He earned nearly $1 billion during his career and became one of the top earning dead celebrities after his death in 2009.

TRIVIA

Shared with Carlos Santana the record for most Grammys won in one year, with eight. First solo artist to generate four top ten hits on the Billboard charts on one album with “Off the Wall.” First artist to generate seven top ten hits (USA) on one album with “Thriller.” Until August 2011, he was the only artist in history to generate five #1 hits (USA) from one album with “Bad”. Katy Perry has since tied this record with her album “Teenage Dream”. With Lionel Richie, co-wrote the song “We Are the World,” and was one of its performers. Wrote and recorded a song called “On the Line”, produced by Kenneth 'Babyface' Edmonds, for the film Get on the Bus (1996) that was not included on the soundtrack for the film. Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2001 (as a solo artist). Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1997 (as a member of the Jackson 5). Had three kids: Prince Michael, Prince Michael II, Paris Jackson. Was found not guilty on ten counts of child molestation on 13 June 2005 due to lack of evidence. Ranked #11 in VH1's list of the “100 Greatest Kid Stars” with his brothers as the Jackson 5. His hit song “Bad” from 1987 was initially supposed to be a duet with Prince. Prince said in an interview that he did not wish to sing the line “Your butt is mine”. He was the Godfather of Nicole Richie. The music video for his song “Thriller” was the longest video ever with 13 minutes, until this record was broken by Mike Skinner with the video for the song “When You Wasn't Famous”. Claimed to have given $300 million to charity, more than any other celebrity apart from Oprah Winfrey. Owed an estimated $435 million in debts at the time of his death. His memorial service from the Staples Center on Tuesday, July 7th 2009 brought the Internet's second largest day ever in terms of total traffic. He died on the same day as Farrah Fawcett. Both were in California at the time. She died at 9:28 a.m PDT, he was pronounced dead at 2:26 p.m. after hours of unsuccessful resuscitation. Holds 10 different Guinness World Records. MJ died at age 50 on June 25, 2009.

PERSONAL QUOTES

On being black: “I'm a black American, I am proud of my race. I am proud of who I am. I have a lot of pride and dignity.” On a better tomorrow: “Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation.” On hating his appearance: “Yes, and I had pimples so badly it used to make me so shy. I used not to look at myself. I'd hide my face in the dark, I wouldn't want to look in the mirror and my father teased me and I just hated it and I cried everyday.” On being a perfectionist: “I'm never pleased with anything, I'm a perfectionist, it's part of who I am.”

(Source: RIAA, Forbes, Wikipedia, Imdb, Brainy Quotes)

SOUND

On child abuse allegations:

“If I would hurt a child, I would slit my wrists. I would never hurt a child. It's totally false. I was outraged. I could never do something like that.”

On his influences:

“Berry Gordy, Berry Gordy, Berry Gordy, Berry Gordy. I just have to say thank you. He was so important in our lives, and he is really my real inspiration, and I owe him so much. Quincy Jones, thank you. We talk about a 'Thriller,' it's Quincy. You're incredible. I love you, Quincy. He is the man. The glamorous–(crowd members shouts something) No, I…thank you. The glamorous and talented and beautiful Diana Ross, who is my second mother–I thank you.”

On being beaten as a child:

“Michael Jackson tells Oprah he was beaten as a child. “(Michael) I remember going to the recording studio, there was a park across the street and I would see all the children playing and they were rooting and making noise and I would cry. It would make me sad that I would have to go and work instead. Oh there's a lot of sadness in my past life. And you know adolescence and my father and all those things, it just made me very sad. (Oprah) So he would tease you and make fun of you? (Michael) Yes. (Oprah) Did he ever beat you? (Michael) Yes he did.”

On Neverland Ranch:

“I wanted to have a place that I could create everything that I that I never had as a child. So, you see rides. You see animals. There's a movie theater. I was always on tour, traveling. You know? And — I never got a chance to do those things. So, I compensated for the loss by — I have a good time — I mean, I can't go into a park. I can't go to Disneyland, as myself. I can't go out and walk down the street. There's crowds, and bumper-to-bumper cars. So, I create my world behind my gates. Everything that I love is behind those gates.”

Janet Jackson speaks on behalf of her family after MJ's death at the 2009 BET Awards.

“I'm going to keep it very short but I, I just like to say that to you Michael is an icon… to us Michael is family and he will forever live in all of our hearts. On behalf of my family and myself thank you for all of your love, thank you for all your support. We miss him so much.”

https://www.1063thegroove.com/rb-new...-lee-crumpler/

(I only pasted the MJ part of the article here.)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registeredOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Greg Phillinganes Rare Inteview, Speaks About Working With Michael Jackson

In a rare interview given to Keyboard Magazine, Greg Phillinganes, who has worked for Michael Jackson in the studio, on tour, in videos but also pays tribute to the King of Pop working on projects such as Immortal Tour, recalls moments with Michael.

Was Quincy your entry point into working with Michael Jackson?

Yes, but before Quincy started producing Michael’s solo albums, a buddy of mine named Bobby Colomby called me one day and asked me, “How do you feel about arranging?” Now, even though I’d done some, I was still a bit timid about my abilities. Bobby said to me, “You should do more arranging.” And I replied, “Well, I don’t know.” He then replied, “Let me put it this way. You will do more arranging. And here’s who you’re going to do it with!” The next thing I knew, I was in a room with the Jackson brothers, doing rhythm arrangements for the Destiny album. The first song I worked on was “Blame It on the Boogie.”

How did your work with Michael Jackson develop after that?

I had worked on the Jackson 5’s Triumph album after Destiny. After that, Quincy asked me to be involved in Michael’s solo album Off the Wall. I played on virtually all of that album, and things just took off from there.

Then recording with Michael Jackson led to touring?

I’ll never forget the way Michael asked me to tour with him. We were working on the Bad album, and from time to time he’d say, “Um, you really enjoy performing, right?” And I’d say, “Yeah. It’s great.” I didn’t really think anything of it. Time would pass, and he’d say to me, “Um, you like performing live, right?” I’d reply, “Yeah, it’s great.” More time would pass, and he’d then say to me, “Um, you really like live audiences, right?” This went on and on, until it finally dawned on me. I said to him, “You want me to tour with you, don’t you?” And he said, “Yeah.” The next thing I knew, I was the musical director for the Bad tour, which was huge.

Michael did something really sweet for me that I’ll never forget. The running joke at that time was that I was a famous keyboard player but I didn’t own a Rhodes of my own. After we finished the Destiny album, I was at home minding my own business when my doorbell rang. A guy driving a white truck asked me, “Are you Greg Phillinganes? I have something for you.” He opened the truck and took out a giant case with a Rhodes Suitcase model in it. Attached was a note from Michael: “I knew you didn’t have one of these so I thought you’d like one.” I still have that Rhodes, and I recently had it completely redone. It sounds amazing.

How did you wind up musical director of the Immortal show?

A few years ago, John McClain from the Jackson estate called me and said, “You’re doing this,” and that was pretty much it. I’d turned down other Michael Jackson tribute shows because I thought they weren’t of the quality they needed to be. But when I learned that the Immortal was sanctioned by Michael’s estate and involved Cirque du Soleil, I wholeheartedly signed on. I think it’s the next best thing to Michael doing his own tour. Michael was actually a huge fan of Cirque, and had seen all of their shows.
    Jamie King, the show’s director, brought Kevin Antunes on board as music designer.

Jamie and Kevin had worked together on many productions, including shows for Rihanna and Madonna, and this time, Kevin had the enviable job of going through all of Michael’s original Sony master tapes. He ultimately assembled them into what we now have as our show.

https://www.keyboardmag.com/artists/...ected-in-music

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NatureCriminal7896 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Joseph Shabalala, founder of Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Has Passed Away.

The founder of Ladysmith Black Mambazo and seen in “Moonwalker” has dies in South Africa at the age of 78. Despite Joseph being retired from the group which is still currently touring in the US, he was still the figure of the emblematic zulu music group.
    Joseph’s cousin, Albert, present in the original formation of the group recalled the first meeting with Michael Jackson:
    “Because we were around Los Angeles our tour manager told us that Michael Jackson’s manager called and Michael Jackson wants to meet Ladysmith Black Mambazo. I said ‘Really? Is this for real?’. He said yes and I remember that morning we were so excited waking up cooked breakfast, and then we went there to the studio to go record. When we got there he was already there. So he was sitting down with his family.”

“Then as soon as he saw us he stood up, he met us half way and he was wearing his gloves, so he took them off and then he put the gloves in his pocket and shook hands with us and gave Joseph, the leader of the group a hug. Michael Jackson is a person that doesn’t register in our hearts that he is a real person. He said ‘I am so glad that you made time to come here. I’m a big fan. I brought some of my family here. My mother and my sister and one of my brothers. I would like to do something with you’.”
    After this meeting, Joseph and the rest of Ladysmith went back to their hotel. Joseph got to writing and created choreography from moves within their repertoire. Later that evening they attended the rehearsal and taping of Moonwalker and presented what they created to Michael. The song was titled “Lindelani” which means “get ready”. He loved it.

Albert spoke on the moment where Ladysmith shared the song and dance with Michael.
    “Joseph said we want to sing you a song. We thought you might like this song and then he sang ‘Hello My Baby.’ And so we sang the whole song and did the dancing and everything. After that, he was smiling, looking down, and said, ‘So I hope you will be available tonight for rehearsal because I am doing a shoot for my project called Moonwalker’.”

Although written for Moonwalker, “Lindelani” would appear on their album Journey of Dreams released March 1988. The song expresses hope and joy and the magic of being in the moment. This is such a needed message then and now. A message of hope and faith and encouragement, which Albert explained at length when he spoke with us about the creation of this song.
    “‘Lindelani’ means wait for those blessings that are coming from above. Yes, and then you say they are coming above like the rain, like raindrops. Why Joseph wrote those lyrics were because he was seeing what was happening to us. To have that kind of blessing to be able to meet with Michael Jackson and work with him.

So he said, when we talked about it, he said, ‘You know sometimes you can sit and you don’t know when your luck is gonna come, but just wait because everything is coming from above. So now is the time that our blessings are coming. So this is the time now’.
    The song was about that. And then also when [Michael] talked about the moon he said the moon is above so everything is coming [from] above. Everything is coming to us. The song was written around the situation was happening at that time. The blessing I think is the only way that I can fit to describe what was happening.”

From the song to the choreography, everything was made to highlight this moment, meeting and working with Michael Jackson. Joseph used movements from Ladysmith’s then-current choreography and incorporated steps from Michael and his dancers to add a certain amount of presence and to capture the feel of the experience.

“Something that amazed us was the kind of dancing they were doing,” Albert said. “The crew that they had was so tight with the dancing and so clean. Something they did which is still amazing was when they were standing and leaning forward. I thought maybe it was something attached or some kind of invisible rope or something but no it was nothing. They just did that thing really and we just said, ‘Wow, amazing.’ And then after that, he said ‘I’m going to do the song.’”

“‘When I sing the song you can just join in and do what you want to do,’” Michael told the group. “Joseph had written something after they spoke a little bit. So Joseph has a piece that he had been writing. When we do the dancing there were little infuses in the dances we did for him during the day so it was making it easier for us to relate it to one another. We had rehearsed it [on our own] maybe three times and even in the rehearsal we shortened it.”

Although Ladysmith Black Mambazo met with Michael Jackson that day in 1987, they never met again. This was their first and last collaboration. “Just one day and then we never met him again. Just one moment in time. That morning and then that night and then everything was done,” Albert said.

Mambazo have won five Grammy Awards. Currently, the group consists of a new generation of members, a majority of them are sons of the founding members. Shabalala and a majority of the founding members were retired from performing and recording.
    South Africa and the whole continent have lost an icon and a pioneer. but the moon is still dancing…

RIP Joseph Shabalala

MJVibe

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NatureCriminal7896 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Joseph Shabalala, founder of Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Has Passed Away.

I find it sad that all the people Michael use to hangout with are now leaving us follow by leaving us too soon. it's also very scary. you would think it would be Michael seeing them all leaving. not them leaving with him. take care of yourself. life is way too short and goes by fast.

He lived a pretty good long life. it's just weird how everybody Michael use to hangout are leaving us. especially it been 10 years after his death. it's so scary. like i said enjoy life and take care of yourself. it's goes by quickly.
    Last edited by Anna; 16-02-2020 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Condensed

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NatureCriminal7896 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

New interview with Jennifer. I’m pasting the paragraphs about MJ here, the full interview is linked below.

Jennifer Batten: "Guitarists ask me about playing with Michael Jackson more than playing with Jeff Beck!"
    By David Mead (Guitarist) 17 February 2020

[…]

What sort of questions do your students typically ask?

“I get a lot of the same questions, like, ‘What was it like playing with Michael Jackson?’ People always want to know about the audition. I get more questions about that than playing with Jeff Beck, which you would think, at a guitar clinic, they would be way more interested in him and details like songwriting and the nuts and bolts of it. But it tends to be pretty surface questions that I’ve answered a million times.”

Do you miss doing massive tours with Michael Jackson and Jeff Beck?

“I do in the sense that on the Michael Jackson tour we were so spoilt. As long as our luggage was packed and outside the door, we never saw it again until the next hotel, you know? That was one of the biggest money tours in history. I didn’t change my own strings for one and a half years. It was like a paid vacation, really. But after 30 years of doing it, I just want to be home. People say, ‘Where in the world would you like to go that you haven’t been?’ and I just say, ‘Home.’ Home is a holiday for me.

“I’m not that excited about seeing new places in the world, because I’ve seen so much and I’ve been lucky to do that. Especially on the Jackson tour. Most tours it’s so expensive to keep people out that you don’t have days off. If there are any you’re traveling to get to the next city. But with Michael, we only played two or three days a week, so we did have plenty of time to see every city we were in, all around the world.

"I mean, the first time to Europe, it was just a mind-blower. I remember we just jumped on a bus from the airport to go to the hotel and nobody told us what we would see and all of a sudden you look out of the window and see the Colosseum. I was like, ‘Holy crap.’ I mean, it’s so mind-boggling, because, sure, we saw it in a two-inch-high photo in a history book, but it does not have the impact of being there and being able to just spend a couple of hours walking around it and thinking about the history behind it.”

[…]

https://www.guitarworld.com/features...with-jeff-beck

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

“First up is a remarkable piece by Tim White titled “Justice for Michael Jackson.” If you were, as I was, deeply saddened by the accusations that Jackson molested young boys, and if you refused, as did I, to draw any conclusions on the matter given that you hadn’t seen any credible evidence in support of the claims, you will be relieved—perhaps even delighted—by this revelatory article. White’s deep dive into the case is not only an act of justice for the King of Pop, it also is an exercise in objectivity regarding such allegations.”

https://www.theobjectivestandard.com...r-spring-2020/

Edit: I just found an excerpt of the article.

Justice for Michael Jackson
    Tim White February 20, 2020 In The Objective Standard, Spring 2020

Author’s note: Please be advised that some parts of this article contain graphic descriptions of alleged sexual abuse of minors, where it is necessary to address those claims.

I’m a perfectionist. I’m never totally satisfied. I always wish the world could be a better place. Hopefully, that’s what I do with my music—bring happiness to people, bring some joy and peace into their lives. —Michael Jackson

The story of Michael Jackson’s child abuse trial in 2005 is one of the most complex and controversial in recent memory, from both legal and ethical perspectives. In preparing to write this article, I read the court transcripts—which total nearly eight thousand pages—in their entirety. I watched all of the major films and documentaries about Jackson (so far as I know), including Living with Michael Jackson, Man in the Mirror, and Leaving Neverland. I spent hundreds of hours scouring the internet and public archives, listening carefully to what both Jackson’s supporters and accusers have had to say.

Jackson was publicly accused of child abuse twice while he was still alive. In 1993, the Chandler family briefly pursued a criminal case against him but quickly dropped it and filed a civil case that was settled out of court. In 2003, the Arvizo family filed a criminal complaint, and the subsequent case went to trial in 2005. Jackson was fully acquitted, but four years after his death in 2009, James Safechuck and Wade Robson publicly accused him of molesting them in the late 1980s and early ’90s. Both filed civil suits against Jackson’s estate, and both suits were thrown out. In this article, we’ll examine these incidents in chronological order.

Michael Jackson was an incredible entertainer. He set and broke dozens of records during his career, produced the best-selling album of all time (Thriller, 1982—at least 100 million copies sold worldwide to date), set thirty-nine Guinness World Records, and won forty Billboard Awards, thirteen Grammys, and twenty-six American Music Awards. Even after his death, his achievements continue to rack up: He has the highest posthumous earnings of any celebrity, having earned $400 million since his death.1

Few people—even those who don’t like his music—would dispute that Jackson was a brilliant entertainer. But although most people know how passionate and skilled he was, his achievements have been overshadowed in recent decades by allegations that he sexually abused numerous young boys between 1988 and 2003. These allegations have become so commonplace and pervasive that many people speak of Jackson as if he were obviously guilty. As Jackson said at the outset of his trial, “Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons. The truth will win this marathon in court.” It ultimately did, but public opinion often fails to keep pace with the facts.

On March 3, 2019, the allegations against Jackson once again became a hot topic when director Dan Reed released a four-hour “documentary” titled Leaving Neverland. “Documentary” is in scare quotes because little about Leaving Neverland is factual, and Reed knows it.2 The film presents no new evidence or witnesses but relies entirely on testimony from only two alleged victims, both of whom have changed their stories many times over the years—a fact Reed declines to mention.

Jackson, of course, did himself no favors. He was eccentric, eclectic, and, at times, just plain weird. He often behaved unwisely, but lacking wisdom is not a criminal offense, and there is almost no evidence to suggest—much less prove—that he ever harmed a child. On the other hand, there is a great deal of evidence showing that many people had motives to knowingly make false claims to the contrary.

Michael Jackson received justice, but only in the legal sense, when he was acquitted in 2005. For all intents and purposes, his career and personal life both were over after that. He suffered tremendous emotional trauma as a result of the trial and the years of sensationalized, irrationally biased, and sometimes flagrantly dishonest media coverage.3 He fell deeply into debt, developed a serious drug problem, and struggled to compose music for the rest of his life. The legal system had exonerated him, but the public had not—and still hasn’t, by and large.

Jackson’s memory and his living relatives deserve justice in the fullest sense. Other publications and media outlets sometimes have told his story accurately, but not loudly or frequently enough to drown out the lies. This article is an effort to tell the truth about a great—and greatly misunderstood—man. . . .

https://www.theobjectivestandard.com...chael-jackson/
    Last edited by ScreenOrigami; 21-02-2020 at 11:21 AM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Level
    Thanks

Default Nice article about Michael's marriage to Lisa Marie Presley from 2019.

Guys I found nice article about Michael's marriage to Lisa Marie Presley and what is interesting it is first thing that comes out once you write their names. Spreading good image of Michael as a man that loved a woman.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bio...rriage-divorce

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Nice article about Michael's marriage to Lisa Marie Presley from 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by BadAlicia View Post
    what is interesting it is first thing that comes out once you write their names.
    Just fyi, Google search results aren’t the same for everyone. They’re personalized according to your search habits, so the more you google for MJ information, the more MJ info Google will show you. Search results also differ by the user’s location and a few other factors.

More info: https://searchengineland.com/guide/s...ngine-rankings

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default A year of streaming “Money”…

A year ago, to fight against the so called Documentary “Leaving Neverland”, the MJVibe team decided to stream Michael Jackson’s song “MONEY”. The song was selected back then from many fan suggestions on social media.
    Day after day, the team has streamed the song and counted every single time we streamed it and in a year we have streamed MONEY 103,674 times!

Our goal was to put the song in the charts to show the world that Dan Reed’s movie is just all about… MONEY!
    Unfortunately, we did not succeed to put the song in the charts but we have contributed to the huge increase of Michael Jackson music streaming and we would like to thank not only the team but also all the fans who have streamed any Michael Jackson songs during this difficult year! We have kept Michael’s artistry at the top and his music has been listen more than any artists even after the fake documentary was aired!

But we are not ready to give up on the idea to bring “Money” into the charts! We will need obviously your help as we cannot do it on our own!

Like last year, we will ask the fans to stream “Money” from 6-13 March 2020, a Friday to Friday basis as all the charts are counted from Fridays.

Where to Stream “Money”?

This has to be as official as possible. Select the song by Michael Jackson. No remix, no fan-made videos, just the official song.

You can stream “Money” Here:
    – Spotify
    – Pandora
    – Google Play Music
    – Apple Music
    – SoundCloud

Please note that you will have to play it 100 times to count for 1 sale!

For Youtube, 150 streams count for 1 sale!

Or you can purchase the song on itune directly! Every purchase will count for 1 sale!

MJVibe