Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Michael in the Media - Thread for Miscellaneous Articles

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registeredOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Ohio Second Grader’s Living Wax Museum included Michael Jackson

Burlington Elementary School in Ohio has created a Living Wax Museum to push students to research on historical individuals throughout history.

For the past four years, teachers Mary Matney, Amanda Clay and Courtney Tibbets have been organizing the event, which was toured by all grades at the school in the morning.

Students choose their own characters and do research on them, then strike a pose in costume for the presentation.
    Some included props, such as Amelia Earhart in her plane, or Dr. Seuss with several of his books.

Characters included U.S. presidents, like Abraham Lincoln, Barack Obama, John F. Kennedy and Donald Trump; along with first lady Jackie Kennedy.

Athletes featured included Jackie Robinson, Mary Lou Retton and Ronda Rowsey, while Michael Jackson, Judy Garland, Elvis and Johnny Cash were among the entertainers in the exhibit.

“We had some new characters this year,” Matney said. “Like Pope Francis.”

While some of those featured were repeat favorites, the teachers said many of them were the best versions they had seen yet.
    In addition to the school day presentation, the students put on the exhibit in the evening for parents, where they also did an oral report on their characters.

Glad to see that Michael Jackson is again on display this year!

Well done to all the kids who participated and it is just amazing to see Michael Jackson is studied in second grade!

See you next year!

MJvibe

https://wchstv.com/news/local/kids-m...ing-wax-museum

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registeredOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Michael Jackson: WATCH Singer in rare behind the scenes footage ’You know the truth’

MICHAEL JACKSON was something of an enigma in the music industry, but in unsurfaced behind the scenes footage fans can finally see what the star was like when he wasn't performing for the cameras.

Michael Jackson was one of the most successful singers who ever lived. The Thriller hitmaker was in and out of the gossip columns for various controversial reasons over the course of his career, but it was unusual to ever see the star behaving candidly. Some unearthed videos reveal him at his most unexpectedly hilarious

The star died over 10 years ago, at the tender age of 50, due to cardiac arrest, and it was right before he was due to perform on a new concert tour to celebrate his landmark birthday.

Some years before his death, the King of Pop agreed to film a documentary about his music career for Sky One.

In some outtakes, Jackson shows his funny side, as he jokes with the filming crew on-set.

The star can be seen attempting to explain why he doesn’t like to perform on the road, but it doesn’t go down well.

“The record company like for you to support your album and go on tour,” Jackson begins. “And I don’t like to.

“I mean I don’t know how they enjoy the show because it’s festival seating.

“They don’t want chairs, even if there were they would just stand on them.

“So we have a tent on the side, and there’s usually like 5000 faints every night.”

But as the star continues to describe the dreary atmosphere, one of the crew - possibly the director - steps in to try and coax his subject into changing the tone.

“We have all these doctors and paramedics…” Jackson says before being cut off.

Barely taking in what the crew member wants, the singer takes back control of the situation easily.

“Ok I’ll make it positive then, but you know the truth,” he says slyly.”

The director calls action and Jackson stares at the camera intently.

Changing tack, the superstar says: “I love to tour,” prompting an outcry from the rest of the crew.

Everyone bursts into laughter, and even Jackson can’t help but double over at the absurdity of the moment.

Flocking to the comments on YouTube, viewers shared their thoughts on the video, along with other behind the scenes footage of Jackson throughout moments of his career.

“Omg I died when he was saying all these things about the tour and when people ask him to be more positive, he started off with ‘I love tours’,” one person commented.

Another wrote: “This was the best thing ever lol I didn't know it was possible to love him more.”
    “Michael is a DIVA! I luv him even more now,” a third declared.

While a fourth noted: “Michael Jackson was such a character.”

“This is the FUNNIEST thing I've seen in a while,” a fifth said.

And another added: “Wow I have never seen this side to him I like it but I wish he was still alive R.I.P love the vid I give it a thumbs up,” followed by: “I can’t BREATHE I didn’t realise how funny the legend is.

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...eo-watch-songs

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Michael Jackson: 'Truth will PREVAIL’ Singer gave stark warning over 'fictitious’ stories

MICHAEL JACKSON declared the "truth will prevail" in an unearthed interview that saw him address the "sensationalism" he faced regularly in the media.

Michael Jackson once gave an incredibly candid interview about his life in the spotlight and how he dealt with the tabloid rumours, claiming the “truth will prevail”. The singer shot to fame originally with his brothers in the band The Jackson 5, but quickly became the most popular singer out of the group and his solo career far overtook the rest of the family. Plagued by controversy through most of his life, Jackson’s response was clear.

Michael Jackson was doing a rare and lengthy interview with Fox News journalist Geraldo Rivera when the topic turned to his family and the impact of the constant press.

The conversation was filmed in 2005 when Rivera began quizzing him on his relationship with his family, the other Jacksons - who are singers and celebrities in their own right.

“The way you and Randy react [to each other] I love watching it. Who’s top dog?” Rivera teased, as Jackson instantly answered Randy.

Jackson easily said he trusted his family, and when asked if “blood was thicker than water”, the Thriller star insisted it was how he and all his brothers and sisters had been brought up.

“Blood’s everything to us” he went on. “It’s what we were taught, value, we’re friends at the end of the day, which is important, despite what the public and press say, we’re friends.”

Asked if the family were still close-knit despite the tabloids, Jackson quickly said: “That’s sensationalism,” before going on to share how he dealt with it.

“It’s not true, it’s like looking at a fictitious movie, because it’s fiction,” the singer answered simply. “It’s like watching science fiction it’s not true. And I know myself. And it’s sad when other people have to read those things and they believe it.

In terms of whether he’d have held a press conference every week though, Jackson considered: “No, because I know eventually the truth will prevail, and I’m about truth you know?

“Does it affect me? Yes but you know I’m very strong, I’ve got rhinoceros skin. But at the same time I’m human, so anything can hurt like that, but I’m very strong, and I just don’t like people hearing about such false information.

“The bigger the star the bigger the target, I’m not saying I’m a super duper star I’m not saying that. People come at celebrities, we’re targets. Truth always prevails, and I believe in that, I believe in God,” the star added.

Another video of Jackson showed him at his best, teasing the crew and having a laugh while filming a documentary for Sky years ago.

The star was talking about why he didn’t like to perform on the road, when the director urges him to be more positive for the film.

“The record company like for you to support your album and go on tour,” the King of Pop said. “And I don’t like to.

“I mean I don’t know how they enjoy the show because it’s festival seating.

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...op-video-watch

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Michael Jackson: The Beatles star George Harrison's incredible admission to King of Pop

MICHAEL JACKSON and The Beatles star George Harrison previously got together for a special Roundtable interview for the BBC which was unearthed 40 years later.

Michael Jackson’s level of success and fame is one matched only be a select few artists throughout musical history, one of which being The Beatles. In a special appearance for the BBC back in 1979, the King of Pop got together with guitarist George Harrison for an instalment of a series called Roundtable.

The broadcaster cut the 90-minute interview down, using just a short clip, but it has since been rediscovered.

Last year, 40 years after it was recorded, the interview was found and restored.

In the recording, the two stars could be heard chatting about music and their respective careers.

The topic soon turned to songwriting, with Jackson asking: “Let me ask you a question, did you guys always write your own stuff from the beginning?”
    “Well, John [Lennon] and Paul [McCartney] wrote right from before we ever made a record,” Harrison replied.

“How did you manage that?” the Bad hitmaker marvelled.

“I don’t know,” the Beatle said, quipping: “They were clever little fellows.”

As the conversation progressed, however, Harrison made a frank admission.

As they talked about songs, their own and other artists’, giving their reviews, he confessed he didn’t known what constituted a hit song anymore.

“To tell you the truth,” he admitted lightheartedly. “I’ve no idea what is a hit and what isn’t a hit these days.”

In the interview, the pair also discussed their shared love of rock ’n’ roll icons Buddy Holly and Little Richard.

Roundtable was presented by David ‘Kid’ Jensen at the time and he later recalled the episode with Jackson and Harrison fondly.

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...nterview-songs