Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael in the Media - Thread for Miscellaneous Articles

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 787 Posts

Default Ohio Second Grader’s Living Wax Museum included Michael Jackson

Burlington Elementary School in Ohio has created a Living Wax Museum to push students to research on historical individuals throughout history.

For the past four years, teachers Mary Matney, Amanda Clay and Courtney Tibbets have been organizing the event, which was toured by all grades at the school in the morning.

Students choose their own characters and do research on them, then strike a pose in costume for the presentation.
    Some included props, such as Amelia Earhart in her plane, or Dr. Seuss with several of his books.

Characters included U.S. presidents, like Abraham Lincoln, Barack Obama, John F. Kennedy and Donald Trump; along with first lady Jackie Kennedy.

Athletes featured included Jackie Robinson, Mary Lou Retton and Ronda Rowsey, while Michael Jackson, Judy Garland, Elvis and Johnny Cash were among the entertainers in the exhibit.

“We had some new characters this year,” Matney said. “Like Pope Francis.”

While some of those featured were repeat favorites, the teachers said many of them were the best versions they had seen yet.
    In addition to the school day presentation, the students put on the exhibit in the evening for parents, where they also did an oral report on their characters.

Glad to see that Michael Jackson is again on display this year!

Well done to all the kids who participated and it is just amazing to see Michael Jackson is studied in second grade!

See you next year!

MJvibe

https://wchstv.com/news/local/kids-m...ing-wax-museum

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Michael Jackson: WATCH Singer in rare behind the scenes footage ’You know the truth’

MICHAEL JACKSON was something of an enigma in the music industry, but in unsurfaced behind the scenes footage fans can finally see what the star was like when he wasn't performing for the cameras.

Michael Jackson was one of the most successful singers who ever lived. The Thriller hitmaker was in and out of the gossip columns for various controversial reasons over the course of his career, but it was unusual to ever see the star behaving candidly. Some unearthed videos reveal him at his most unexpectedly hilarious

The star died over 10 years ago, at the tender age of 50, due to cardiac arrest, and it was right before he was due to perform on a new concert tour to celebrate his landmark birthday.

Some years before his death, the King of Pop agreed to film a documentary about his music career for Sky One.

In some outtakes, Jackson shows his funny side, as he jokes with the filming crew on-set.

The star can be seen attempting to explain why he doesn’t like to perform on the road, but it doesn’t go down well.

“The record company like for you to support your album and go on tour,” Jackson begins. “And I don’t like to.

“I mean I don’t know how they enjoy the show because it’s festival seating.

“They don’t want chairs, even if there were they would just stand on them.

“So we have a tent on the side, and there’s usually like 5000 faints every night.”

But as the star continues to describe the dreary atmosphere, one of the crew - possibly the director - steps in to try and coax his subject into changing the tone.

“We have all these doctors and paramedics…” Jackson says before being cut off.

Barely taking in what the crew member wants, the singer takes back control of the situation easily.

“Ok I’ll make it positive then, but you know the truth,” he says slyly.”

The director calls action and Jackson stares at the camera intently.

Changing tack, the superstar says: “I love to tour,” prompting an outcry from the rest of the crew.

Everyone bursts into laughter, and even Jackson can’t help but double over at the absurdity of the moment.

Flocking to the comments on YouTube, viewers shared their thoughts on the video, along with other behind the scenes footage of Jackson throughout moments of his career.

“Omg I died when he was saying all these things about the tour and when people ask him to be more positive, he started off with ‘I love tours’,” one person commented.

Another wrote: “This was the best thing ever lol I didn't know it was possible to love him more.”
    “Michael is a DIVA! I luv him even more now,” a third declared.

While a fourth noted: “Michael Jackson was such a character.”

“This is the FUNNIEST thing I've seen in a while,” a fifth said.

And another added: “Wow I have never seen this side to him I like it but I wish he was still alive R.I.P love the vid I give it a thumbs up,” followed by: “I can’t BREATHE I didn’t realise how funny the legend is.

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...eo-watch-songs

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Michael Jackson: 'Truth will PREVAIL’ Singer gave stark warning over 'fictitious’ stories

MICHAEL JACKSON declared the "truth will prevail" in an unearthed interview that saw him address the "sensationalism" he faced regularly in the media.

Michael Jackson once gave an incredibly candid interview about his life in the spotlight and how he dealt with the tabloid rumours, claiming the “truth will prevail”. The singer shot to fame originally with his brothers in the band The Jackson 5, but quickly became the most popular singer out of the group and his solo career far overtook the rest of the family. Plagued by controversy through most of his life, Jackson’s response was clear.

Michael Jackson was doing a rare and lengthy interview with Fox News journalist Geraldo Rivera when the topic turned to his family and the impact of the constant press.

The conversation was filmed in 2005 when Rivera began quizzing him on his relationship with his family, the other Jacksons - who are singers and celebrities in their own right.

“The way you and Randy react [to each other] I love watching it. Who’s top dog?” Rivera teased, as Jackson instantly answered Randy.

Jackson easily said he trusted his family, and when asked if “blood was thicker than water”, the Thriller star insisted it was how he and all his brothers and sisters had been brought up.

“Blood’s everything to us” he went on. “It’s what we were taught, value, we’re friends at the end of the day, which is important, despite what the public and press say, we’re friends.”

Asked if the family were still close-knit despite the tabloids, Jackson quickly said: “That’s sensationalism,” before going on to share how he dealt with it.

“It’s not true, it’s like looking at a fictitious movie, because it’s fiction,” the singer answered simply. “It’s like watching science fiction it’s not true. And I know myself. And it’s sad when other people have to read those things and they believe it.

In terms of whether he’d have held a press conference every week though, Jackson considered: “No, because I know eventually the truth will prevail, and I’m about truth you know?

“Does it affect me? Yes but you know I’m very strong, I’ve got rhinoceros skin. But at the same time I’m human, so anything can hurt like that, but I’m very strong, and I just don’t like people hearing about such false information.

“The bigger the star the bigger the target, I’m not saying I’m a super duper star I’m not saying that. People come at celebrities, we’re targets. Truth always prevails, and I believe in that, I believe in God,” the star added.

Another video of Jackson showed him at his best, teasing the crew and having a laugh while filming a documentary for Sky years ago.

The star was talking about why he didn’t like to perform on the road, when the director urges him to be more positive for the film.

“The record company like for you to support your album and go on tour,” the King of Pop said. “And I don’t like to.

“I mean I don’t know how they enjoy the show because it’s festival seating.

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...op-video-watch

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Michael Jackson: The Beatles star George Harrison's incredible admission to King of Pop

MICHAEL JACKSON and The Beatles star George Harrison previously got together for a special Roundtable interview for the BBC which was unearthed 40 years later.

Michael Jackson’s level of success and fame is one matched only be a select few artists throughout musical history, one of which being The Beatles. In a special appearance for the BBC back in 1979, the King of Pop got together with guitarist George Harrison for an instalment of a series called Roundtable.

The broadcaster cut the 90-minute interview down, using just a short clip, but it has since been rediscovered.

Last year, 40 years after it was recorded, the interview was found and restored.

In the recording, the two stars could be heard chatting about music and their respective careers.

The topic soon turned to songwriting, with Jackson asking: “Let me ask you a question, did you guys always write your own stuff from the beginning?”
    “Well, John [Lennon] and Paul [McCartney] wrote right from before we ever made a record,” Harrison replied.

“How did you manage that?” the Bad hitmaker marvelled.

“I don’t know,” the Beatle said, quipping: “They were clever little fellows.”

As the conversation progressed, however, Harrison made a frank admission.

As they talked about songs, their own and other artists’, giving their reviews, he confessed he didn’t known what constituted a hit song anymore.

“To tell you the truth,” he admitted lightheartedly. “I’ve no idea what is a hit and what isn’t a hit these days.”

In the interview, the pair also discussed their shared love of rock ’n’ roll icons Buddy Holly and Little Richard.

Roundtable was presented by David ‘Kid’ Jensen at the time and he later recalled the episode with Jackson and Harrison fondly.

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...nterview-songs

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 Times in 1,169 Posts

Default Re: Michael in the Media - Thread for Miscellaneous Articles

Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Michael Jackson’s famous white glove sells for over £85,000 at auction

The crystal-studded piece was one of Jackson's most iconic items.

The iconic white glove worn by Michael Jackson has sold for more than £85,000 at auction.

The crystal-studded piece, which became an integral part of Jackson’s stage-wear during the Bad Tour, was snapped up by an anonymous buyer at auction in Texas.

The buyer also received a letter showing confirming it was first donated to Unicef in 1998, alongside an envelope from the MJJ production company founded by Jackson, as The Sun reports.

Jackson is thought to have previously said of wearing it: ““I felt one glove was cool. Wearing two seemed so ordinary.”
    Last week, it was also reported that Jackson once owned alligators that died in a fire Joe Exotic’s zoo.

Exotic is the subject of a new Netflix documentary, Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem, and Madness, which charts how the big cat owner was arrested over a murder-for-hire plot.

According to a 2015 article published in the Los Angeles Times, Jackson was the former owner of seven alligators and one crocodile who perished in the fire at the zoo. It was subsequent confirmed by Exotic’s former partner John Finlay that the animals did once belong to the pop star.

A new Broadway show based on Jackson’s life is also thought to be in the works, with casting calls beginning in Detroit earlier this year as part of several audition sessions coming up across the US.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/micha...uction-2641595

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,688 Times in 4,372 Posts

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paris78 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

TV tip for Germany: Vincent Paterson (among others) talks about the year 1983.

Vorhang auf – Das Jahr 1983
    rbb • Samstag, 25. April • 00:05 - 01:35

Kann sich noch jemand an den größten deutschen Hit des Jahres 1983 erinnern? Es war Nena mit "99 Luftballons". Sogar in den amerikanischen Charts belegte sie mit diesem Lied den 1. Platz. Die Schlager-Erfolgswelle ebbte langsam ab, dafür machte die Neue Deutsche Welle von sich reden. Peter Schilling mit seinem "Major Tom" dürfte den meisten noch in den Ohren klingen. Überhaupt war alles, was mit Weltraum zu tun hatte, im Jahre 1983 stark vertreten. Ob es daran lag, dass als erster Bundesdeutscher Ulf Merbold seinen Weg ins All antrat? Der Skandal um die gefälschten Hitlertagebücher erregte ganz Deutschland. Michael Jackson gelang mit "Beat it" der weltweite Durchbruch. In der DDR ging es dank des Milliardenkredits von Franz Josef Strauß wirtschaftlich bergauf, und Udo Lindenberg eroberte im Palast der Republik in Berlin seine ostdeutschen Fans. Zeitzeugen wie die Sängerin Ulla Meinecke, RBB-Tatortkommissar Dominic Raacke und Hollywoods erfolgreichster Choreograph Vincent Paterson, der Michael Jacksons Tanzstil entscheidend prägte, lassen in Interviews das Jahr 1983 Revue passieren.
    Die Schauspielerin Franziska Troegner präsentiert überraschende und unterhaltsame 90 Minuten "Vorhang auf ... Das Jahr 1983". Damals spielte sie in dem erfolgreichen Kinderfilm "Moritz in der Litfasssäule" - zurzeit ist sie mit "Charlie und die Schokoladenfabrik" im Kino zu sehen.

https://www.teleboy.ch/programm/rbb/...45/vorhang-auf

Thanks, @MJBlaueBlume.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Mumbai Police Use Excerpt From Michael Jackson's Song To Raise Awareness On COVID-19

Mumbai police shared a short clip of pop star Michael Jackson's popular song 'Dangerous' to aware people about the importance of staying at home amid COVID-19.

With coronavirus lockdown in place, the Mumbai police department has been leading the pack in the country when it comes to aware people about the coronavirus outbreak. Mumbai police are getting creative day by day using its social media handle to raise awareness about the deadly disease. Recently, the Mumbai police shared a short clip of pop star Michael Jackson's popular song 'Dangerous' to aware people of the importance of staying at home amid the global pandemic that has been raging havoc across the world.

The Mumbai police in its post suggested that 'moonwalking' on the streets during coronavirus lockdown can be 'dangerous', referring to the original lyrics using an excerpt from the music video. The post has garnered over 9,600 views since it was uploaded on Twitter this afternoon. Netizens have been flooding the timeline with appreciations for the department with some sharing their own memes.

Full article: https://www.republicworld.com/entert...awareness.html

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Today is Earth Day! A great opportunity to post some Earth Song related stuff on your social media channels, so that hopefully next year MJ will make the top spot in lists like this one. I mean, number 7? Come on!

Best Earth Day Songs: 20 Tracks That Make The World A Better Place

The best Earth Day songs range from political warnings to songs written in celebration of our planet’s beauty.
    Published on April 22, 2020

Every year, on 22 April, Earth Day marks the anniversary of the birth of the modern environmental movement. Songs about the natural world, including those by Woody Guthrie, have been around since the 40s, and many of the greatest songwriters have penned compositions about the planet on which we all exist. The best Earth Day songs, then, reflect not only the ways in which our planet has changed over the years, but also the ways in which we have expressed concern over its survival.

To mark Earth Day, we have selected our 20 best environmental songs. Though we weren’t able to squeeze in all our favourites – and had to leave out wonderful songs by Ken Boothe (‘The Earth Dies Screaming’), The Byrds (‘Hungry Planet’), Miley Cyrus (‘Wake Up America’), Bo Diddley (‘Pollution’), Peter Gabriel (‘Here Comes The Flood’) and Country Joe McDonald (‘Save The Whales’) – we scoured reggae, jazz, country, folk, soul, rock and pop for songs both disturbing and inspiring.

Here’s to this amazing endangered world of ours. Think we’ve missed any of your best Earth Day songs? Let us know in the comments section, below.

20: John Martyn: ‘One World’ (1977)

The song ‘One World’ was recorded in a Berkshire barn. John Martyn remembered it as a time when the adjoining farmhouse was filled with Jamaican friends and their children who were in England to visit Island Records boss Chris Blackwell. The title track of his masterpiece album features one of Martyn’s greatest vocal performances, against his echo-saturated guitar. The song has a beautiful simplicity, as he sings, “It’s one world, like it or not/It’s one world, believe it or not/It’s one world.” Nearly three decades later, when Martyn was reflecting on the song, he believed he had captured a zeitgeist moment. “‘One World’ has now become a phrase used all over the television,” Martyn said. “Took ’em a long time to f__king realise. I don’t think many people knew the expression before then.” The tune is superb – a perfect expression of how we are all individual and universal at the same time.

19: U2: ‘Indian Summer Sky’ (2010)

Bono’s longing for spiritual renewal was reflected in his song ‘Indian Summer Sky’, which is about the desire to return to a more organic world (“the seasons change, and so do I”). Bono wrote the song in New York and said he was trying to convey “a sense of spirit trapped in a concrete jungle”. Sixteen years earlier, U2 had allowed a live version of their song ‘Until The End Of The World’ to appear on the album Alternative NRG, which raised funds for Greenpeace. U2 were joined by other bands, such as Sonic Youth and UB40, on an album recorded live with a solar-powered mobile facility. Guitarist Brian May of Queen contributed the song ‘New Damage’.

18: Dar Williams: ‘Go To The Woods’ (2012)

Since the dawn of industrialisation, poets and songwriters have been extolling the spiritual and mental health benefits of getting out into nature. Dar Williams wrote the powerful song ‘Go To The Woods’ in 2012, a composition that expressed her fears that the green spaces of the world are disappearing. Touring musician Williams devotes her spare time to environmental causes, not least her Give Bees A Camp project, which combines concerts and planting bee-friendly gardens for schoolchildren. Williams has also covered Joe Strummer’s rousing song ‘Johnny Appleseed’ (“If you’re after getting the honey, hey/Then you don’t go killing all the bees”).

17: Johnny Cash: ‘Don’t Go Near The Water’ (1974)

On his 1974 album Ragged Old Flag, country singer Johnny Cash addressed the political issue of the environment, through the device of a nostalgic song in which a father warns his son that they cannot eat the fish they are trying to catch. Though the acoustic mood of the song is upbeat – Cash was joined on guitar by Carl Perkins – the lyrics are bleak: “There was a time the air was clean/And you could see forever ’cross the plains/The wind was sweet as honey/And no one had ever heard of acid rain.”

16: The Beach Boys: ‘Don’t Go Near The Water’ (1971)

Mike Love, who co-wrote with Al Jardine a different song also called ‘Don’t Go Near The Water’, said he hated the ignorance that made people “violate the laws of nature”. Love and Jardine were encouraged by The Beach Boys’ then manager, Jack Rieley, to write an environmental song for the band, and the result was the anti-pollution plea that became the opening track for their 1971 album, Surf’s Up. The prescient lyrics about man poisoning the sea were sung by Brian Wilson and the band. The downbeat mood of the song was heightened by the eerie Moog synthesiser playing of Daryl Dragon.

15: Woody Guthrie: ‘Talking Dust Bowl Blues’ (1940)

Photographs of the dust storms that wrecked southern America in the 30s are still shocking, and the devastation and migration they caused prompted Woody Guthrie to write his brilliant album Dust Bowl Ballads. “I met millions of good folks trying to hang on and to stay alive with the dust cutting down every hope,” said Guthrie, who made poetry out of despair.

14: Tom Lehrer: ‘Pollution’ (1965)

In ‘Pollution’, the brilliant satirical singer-songwriter Tom Lehrer warned visitors to America about the environmental problems of his home country, and the way his nation’s air and water was being blighted. A short film of ‘Pollution’, featuring a cartoon of a bird playing the piano at a rubbish dump, combined with scenes of industrial contamination across the States, was made for the US Communicable Disease Centre. The bitingly funny lyrics included the verse “Just go out for a breath of air/And you’ll be ready for Medicare/The city streets are really quite a thrill/If the hoods don’t get you, the monoxide will”.

13: Randy Newman: ‘Burn On’ (1970)

Randy Newman was poleaxed by back pain and lying on the floor in 1969 when a television news item came on about the heavily polluted Cuyahoga River in Cleveland, Ohio, literally catching fire once again, because it was filled with oil waste. His disturbing song, sung at a maudlin pace with slow piano, is full of potent imagery: “The Cuyahoga River goes smokin’ through my dreams/Burn on, big river/Burn on.”

12: Rush: ‘The Trees’

Rush lyricist Neil Peart once commissioned some drum makers to build him an entire kit from a 1,500-year old piece of Romanian wood. Peart recalled that he wrote his song ‘The Trees’ in “about five minutes”, after seeing a cartoon picture of trees “carrying on like fools”. He said: “I thought, What if trees acted like people? So I saw the song as a cartoon, really, and wrote it that way.”

11: Queen: ‘Is This The World We Created…?’ (1984)

Queen singer Freddie Mercury said that he sometimes felt helpless about the state of the planet and that was the reason he and Brian May penned ‘Is This the World We Created…?’. Mercury went on to explain that he and May “were thinking about poverty going on all around the world and that’s why the track came about… it was a way of showing that I can do my bit”. The song, which reflected the suffering of children, came at the time of natural disasters in Africa which had resulted in terrible famine. Queen performed the song, which was on their 1984 album, The Works, as the encore to their famous Live Aid show in 1985.

10: John Prine: ‘Paradise’ (1971)

In 1971, singer-songwriter John Prine wrote his marvellous song ‘Paradise’ about the environmental damages of strip mining and the destruction it wreaked on small communities. ‘Paradise’, which was also known as ‘Mr Peabody’s Coal Train’, was about was about Muhlenberg County, Kentucky, the town his parents had grown up in – and how it was ruined by a coal company. Among the poetic, moving verses is: “Then the coal company came with the world’s largest shovel/And they tortured the timber and stripped all the land/Well, they dug for their coal till the land was forsaken/Then they wrote it all down as the progress of man.”

9: Jackson Browne: ‘Before The Deluge’ (1974)

On his 1974 environmental song, ‘Before The Deluge’, Jackson Browne told the story of his generation’s ideals and illusion, and their fall from grace. The song was eerily prophetic, with its stark warning: “Some of them were angry/At the way the earth was abused/By the men who learned how to forge her beauty into power/And they struggled to protect her from them/Only to be confused/By the magnitude of her fury in the final hour.” The song was from the album Late For The Sky, which featured Jai Winding, the son of Verve Records jazz trombonist Kai Winding, on keyboards. Versions have been recorded by musicians as diverse as Joan Baez and Christy Moore.

8: Cat Stevens: ‘Where Do The Children Play?’ (1970)

Cat Stevens wrote his song ‘Where Do The Children Play?’ for the 1970 album Tea For The Tillerman. The song reflects many of his concerns about poverty, war, ecological disaster, pollution and the future of the human race. Stevens became a Muslim later in the decade and is now known as Yusuf Islam. He remains committed to what he called “the harmony and balance of the universe”, and in May 2019 gave his support to Europe’s first green mosque, in Cambridge, which was clad in solar panels and surrounded by apple trees.

7: Michael Jackson: ‘Earth Song’ (1995)

‘Earth Song’, which appeared on the album HIStory: Past, Present And Future, Book I, was the best of Michael Jackson’s socially conscious songs. This sweeping track about the environment and welfare was a No.1 hit in the UK and went on to receive a Grammy nomination. It was notable for its powerful video, too.

6: Bob Marley: ‘Sun Is Shining’ (1978)

Bob Marley died in 1981, but his music continues to inspire people who love protest songs and care about the environment. In 2019, for example, Chicago’s The Rock And Roll Playhouse held an Earth Day celebration concert featuring tunes by the great master of reggae. Marley’s gorgeous song ‘Sun Is Shining’ was first recorded in the 60s and re-recorded for the album Kaya in 1978. Island Records boss Chris Blackwell later recalled, “The original version of ‘Sun Is Shining’ was produced by Lee Perry. I loved his production, which was very sparse. But the version we re-recorded for Kaya has a great atmosphere, too. We tried to reflect the essence of the song, which is saying the sun is shining but don’t forget that people are suffering too.”

5: Joni Mitchell: ‘Big Yellow Taxi’ (1971)

“I wrote ‘Big Yellow Taxi’ on my first trip to Hawaii,” Mitchell explained in 1996. “I took a taxi to the hotel and when I woke up the next morning, I threw back the curtains and saw these beautiful green mountains in the distance. Then, I looked down and there was a parking lot as far as the eye could see, and it broke my heart… this blight on paradise. That’s when I sat down and wrote the song.” Mitchell’s mesmerising song has been covered by Bob Dylan, Counting Crows and Janet Jackson.

4: Bob Dylan: ‘A Hard Rain’s A-Gonna Fall’ (1962)

Bob Dylan was only 21 when he wrote the beautiful lyrics, such as “I’ve stumbled on the side of 12 misty mountains”, in ‘A Hard Rain’s A-Gonna Fall’, the iconic protest song in which he warned of impending apocalypse. In 2009, before a United Nations climate change conference began in Denmark, the UN Environment Programme released a rare live recording of Dylan performing his song-poem set to dramatic photographs of shrunken ice caps, barren landscapes and devastated lives.

3: Neil Young: ‘After The Gold Rush’ (1970)

The mysterious, multi-layered ‘After The Gold Rush’ is full of different themes and meanings, but there is one thing at the heart of the song: “‘After The Gold Rush’ is an environmental song,” said Neil Young. Dolly Parton has recorded several versions it. The line “Look at Mother Nature on the run in the 1970s” is memorably chilling, and has been updated by Young, who now sings “in the 21st Century” in concert. Young also wrote ‘Be The Rain’, a song that calls on the big oil companies to stop ruining the planet. In 1985, Willie Nelson, Young and John Mellencamp set up Farm Aid to increase awareness about the importance of family farms. Young has remained a committed environmental activist and in 2018 he criticised President Trump for his denial of climate-change science.

2: Marvin Gaye: ‘Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)’ (1971)

The beautiful voice of Marvin Gaye rings out in despair as he sings “Where did all the blue skies go?” on his Motown classic ‘Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)’, which was written for his 1971 album, What’s Going On. At the time, Motown boss Berry Gordy had not heard the word “ecology”, and Gaye’s masterful song may have been one of the first ever to deal with the mercury poisoning of fish. This is a sorrowful masterpiece and, given what we now know has happened to the environment in the past half-century, seems a moment of musical genius and foresight.

1: Louis Armstrong: ‘What A Wonderful World’ (1967)

‘What A Wonderful World’ is one of the most uplifting, life-affirming songs of all time – and all because of the heartfelt warmth in the singing of the jazz legend Louis Armstrong, a man who was already in failing health when he recorded the two-minute gem, written by Bob Thiele and George Weiss. Lush instrumentation introduces a magnificent song that opens with such memorable lines: “I see trees of green, red roses, too/I see them bloom for me and you/And I think to myself: What a wonderful world.”

It’s good to end on a note of positivity – so treat yourself on Earth Day and savour again the beauty of Satchmo’s hit.

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/stori...rth-day-songs/

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Michael Jackson Livid as Madonna Told Him to 'Dress Like a Girl'

AceShowbiz - During Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds' record-breaking Instagram Live battle with Teddy Riley, the former spilled some tea about Michael Jackson. Among them was the moment when the late King of Pop got so mad at Madonna for asking him to dress up like a girl for his "In the Closet" music video.

In between songs, Babyface recalled what MJ told him, " 'Babyface, can you believe she wants me to dress like a girl?' He was like, 'I'd never do that.' He said, 'She was trying to change it all up. It was crazy.' " The record producer then mentioned that the "Heal the World" hitmaker "was really mad about it," to the point where he decided to replace the Queen of Pop with Naomi Campbell.

Produced by MJ and Teddy Riley, "In the Closet" was released in April 1992 as the third single off his eighth album "Dangerous". It became the album's third consecutive top ten single as it peaked at No. 6 on Billboard's Hot 100 chart. The song additionally topped Billboard's R&B songs chart.

The song was originally conceived as a duet between the "Beat It" singer and Madonna. In an interview with British journalist Jonathan Ross back in 1992, the "Like a Virgin" hitmaker claimed that she worked on some lyrical ideas for the song but when she presented them to Michael, he decided they were too provocative and they decided not to continue with the project.

She said at the time, "I started writing words and getting ideas and stuff and I presented them to him and he didn't like them. I think all he wanted was a provocative title, and ultimately he didn’t want the content of the song to… sort of, live up to the title."

https://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00152684.html

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Michael Jackson wanted to buy Marvel Entertainment?

Taj Jackson - Michael’s nephew - has revealed that the King of Pop was a movie buff and even wanted to play the role of 'Spider-Man' in a Marvel film, but his attempt to buy the company was shut down.

As per reports, the company filed for bankruptcy in 1996 and merged with the now-defunct ToyBiz in 1998. It was later acquired by Disney at the cost of $4 billion in 2009.

Michael Jackson reportedly was interested in buying the Marvel Entertainment in collaboration with Stan Lee.

“He wanted to [buy Marvel] with Stan Lee, and they had been talking and discussing that. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. They were shut down from doing that. I don't know the reasons why, but they were adamantly in the process of doing that," Taj claimed during an interaction with Popcorned Planet.

At San Diego Comic-Con in 2009, Marvel’s legendary comic book writer Stan Lee revealed that Michael wanted to produce and possibly star in the very first 'Spider-Man' movie.

During the interview, Taj admitted that his uncle was a huge marvel fan and always wanted to play the role of Peter Parker.
    Following Michael’s death in 2009, Lee opened up about Jackson wanting feature as the web-swinging superhero. “I'm not sure whether he just wanted to produce it or wanted to play the role. Our conversation never got that far along,” he said.

King Of Pop, Michael Jackson, was a legend whose legacy still lives on. He was one of the most prominent figures in the history of music. Some of his best hits include 'Dangerous', 'Rock With You' and 'Remember The Time'.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/285330-mic...-entertainment

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Babyface Claims Michael Jackson WantedTo Date Halle Berry & Fans Are Shook

Babyface joined Teddy Riley for an Instagram Live and after listening to a Michael Jackson tunes, he shocked fans by admitting the late star asked him to get in touch with Halle Berry so he could take her out.

Babyface, 62, had Michael Jackson fans in awe on Apr. 20 when he claimed the King of Pop once wanted to date Halle Berry, 53. The singer was jamming out to a remix of the late MJ’s song “Human Nature” which featured girl group SWV, with fellow singer Teddy Riley, 52, during an Instagram Live session when he brought up the shocking admission.
    “Speaking of MJ, it reminds me of a story, true story, fun fact. One time, Michael called me and said, ‘Babyface, do you know who Halle Berry is?'” Babyface told Teddy during the stream. “I said, ‘Yeah, I know Halle Berry’. He said, ‘Could you do me a favor? I want you to call her because I want to take her out on a date.’ I said, ‘What?’ and he said, ‘Call her, I want to take her out on a date.’ So I said, ‘Let me reach out’ and I reached out for him, for the agent because I didn’t have Halle Berry’s number.”

He went on to explain what happened once he reached out to relay Michael’s request. “I called and gave the message and the manager’s like, ‘What?” and I said, ‘Yeah, he wants to take her out on a date.’ And then, I was waiting to hear back from Halle and I can’t tell you exactly what Halle said, but I imagine it probably would have been something like this…” Babyface then played a clip of Halle’s voice from the movie Boomerang and it asked, “You know, what do you know about love? What do you possibly think you know about love?”

Babyface joined Teddy Riley for an Instagram Live and after listening to a Michael Jackson tunes, he shocked fans by admitting the late star asked him to get in touch with Halle Berry so he could take her out.

He went on to explain what happened once he reached out to relay Michael’s request. “I called and gave the message and the manager’s like, ‘What?” and I said, ‘Yeah, he wants to take her out on a date.’ And then, I was waiting to hear back from Halle and I can’t tell you exactly what Halle said, but I imagine it probably would have been something like this…” Babyface then played a clip of Halle’s voice from the movie Boomerang and it asked, “You know, what do you know about love? What do you possibly think you know about love?”

Once the livestream aired and Babyface’s claim went public, many fans took to Twitter to express their opinions about it all. “I didn’t know Michael Jackson wanted Halle Berry lol Babyface truth telling lol,” one fan tweeted while another wrote, “The fact that Michael Jackson used Babyface to try to holler at Halle Berry is wild.” “Babyface dropping Michael Jackson stories about Halle Berry leading into Toni Braxton on the Boomerang soundtrack is… tough to beat. WOW lol,” a third responded.

It’s clear to see that Babyface’s story was quite the unexpected one in this time of quarantine for the world, but a great one. We’ll be on the lookout to see if Halle responds to the claim!

https://hollywoodlife.com/2020/04/20...-fan-reaction/

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Babyface Claims Michael Jackson WantedTo Date Halle Berry & Fans Are Shook

Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post

Babyface, 62, had Michael Jackson fans in awe on Apr. 20 when he claimed the King of Pop once wanted to date Halle Berry, 53. The singer was jamming out to a remix of the late MJ’s song “Human Nature” which featured girl group SWV, with fellow singer Teddy Riley, 52, during an Instagram Live session when he brought up the shocking admission.
    “Speaking of MJ, it reminds me of a story, true story, fun fact. One time, Michael called me and said, ‘Babyface, do you know who Halle Berry is?'” Babyface told Teddy during the stream. “I said, ‘Yeah, I know Halle Berry’. He said, ‘Could you do me a favor? I want you to call her because I want to take her out on a date.’ I said, ‘What?’ and he said, ‘Call her, I want to take her out on a date.’ So I said, ‘Let me reach out’ and I reached out for him, for the agent because I didn’t have Halle Berry’s number.”

Once the livestream aired and Babyface’s claim went public, many fans took to Twitter to express their opinions about it all. “I didn’t know Michael Jackson wanted Halle Berry lol Babyface truth telling lol,” one fan tweeted while another wrote, “The fact that Michael Jackson used Babyface to try to holler at Halle Berry is wild.” “Babyface dropping Michael Jackson stories about Halle Berry leading into Toni Braxton on the Boomerang soundtrack is… tough to beat. WOW lol,” a third responded.

It’s clear to see that Babyface’s story was quite the unexpected one in this time of quarantine for the world, but a great one. We’ll be on the lookout to see if Halle responds to the claim!

https://hollywoodlife.com/2020/04/20...-fan-reaction/

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Making HISTORY again!

“HIStory: Past, Present & Future Book I” was released on June 20, 1995 and went number 1 in over twenty countries within its first week of release.

This year, we are celebrating the 25th Anniversary of this incredible album where Michael Jackson speaks out about his feelings and emotions. The album is considered autobiographic with songs like “Scream”, “Childhood”, “D.S.”, “Stranger In Moscow”, “Money” and “Tabloid Junkie”. Michael tells us how he feels about being alone, the allegations, and his childhood and stardom.

He also gave us anthems to social conditions and environmental issues with the songs like “Earth Song” and “They Don’t Care About Us”.

This year more than ever, this album is the most relevant album of Michael Jackson’s career! “HIStory” is the perfect response to the fake documentary of 2019 but also points out the human conditions we are experiencing today with Coronavirus COVID-19, disastrous global warming, extinction of species, social gaps and racial differences.

Back in 1995, the double album sold over 391,000 copies in its first week in the U.S and globally ever since HIStory sold over 20 million copies!

25 years later, we would like to see this incredible album back in the charts!

For a week starting on June 20, stream or buy (again if you have it already) the album again!

Please note that you will have to stream it 1500 times to count for 1 sale on premium accounts (free accounts may require more).

You can purchase the album on iTunes directly! Every purchase will count for 1 sale!

If you still love collecting CD’s, visit an approved supplier to pick up a copy.

Let’s make HIStory again!

MJVibe