Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Weird Al

Quote Originally Posted by DuranDuran View Post
    The old I don't listen to it, so nobody else does either. People on this site say they don't know Garth Brooks & Drake. Garth has 7 albums that went diamond in the US, nobody else has done that. Not Mike, The Beatles, Eagles, Madonna, Bon Jovi, Mariah Carey, etc. If nobody knows Weird Al, then how come his videos on Youtube has many millions of views.
    Hey watch your mouth!! I FREAKIN LOVE GARTH BROOKS!!!!!! LOL. That's my mans!

I never said that NOBODY KNOWS Weird Al. I said: Nobody is check for Weird Al. There's a difference.

The rest of your hypothesis is moot at this point.

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 478
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree FriendsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 1,231 Posts

Default Re: Weird Al Yankovic Drops Michael Jackson Parodies From Set List

Quote Originally Posted by moon2008 View Post
    In all honesty, I understand WHY he did it. I personally don't think he agrees with anything that's been going on in regards to LN. However, Yes, he's still around, has his own hugely successful Disney show, has a pretty decent fanbase, and has kept his MJ Songs in his setlists up until literally a week ago. He's actually gotten some flack from his OWN fans about removing the MJ parodies. Nevertheless, it's the same reason why Drake removed his MJ collab from his shows. More along the lines of not offending anyone, rather than completely disowning MJ and his legacy. The neutral route. Yes, it's career protection ultimately, but hey, he's gotta eat too. I don't have a problem with the guy
    Most people became fans of Al due to the MJ parodies. I do not think he got flack from REAL fans of his. It is probably trolls pretending to be fans. Agains, AL great success was due to MJ but even reading this articles, no one is bothering him in doing the song.
    Last edited by terrell; 28-06-2019 at 06:09 PM.
    Mike's PYT

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,362 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Big Apple NYC View Post
    Hey watch your mouth!! I FREAKIN LOVE GARTH BROOKS!!!!!! LOL. That's my mans!

I never said that NOBODY KNOWS Weird Al. I said: Nobody is check for Weird Al. There's a difference.

The rest of your hypothesis is moot at this point.
    How is that? How often do people with squeaky clean images or scandal free lives get talked about in the media? Even this story is indirectly about dirt, not really about Al himself, but about Mike's accusations. It's doubtful that if Al removed parodies by New Kids On The Block or Robin Thicke from his show, that it would have gotten much attention. Even if it did, it wouldn't have been posted here. This is only a story because of the media long being anti-Jackson. Janet was blacklisted for years, but Justin Timberlake blew up and was even invited back to do the 2018 Superbowl halftime show.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DuranDuran For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

How is that? How often do people with squeaky clean images or scandal free lives get talked about in the media? Even this story is indirectly about dirt, not really about Al himself, but about Mike's accusations. It's doubtful that if Al removed parodies by New Kids On The Block or Robin Thicke from his show, that it would have gotten much attention. Even if it did, it wouldn't have been posted here. This is only a story because of the media long being anti-Jackson. Janet was blacklisted for years, but Justin Timberlake blew up and was even invited back to do the 2018 Superbowl halftime show.
    So true. He is talking about other stuff yet the headline is about AL removing MJ parody. Media mad their trash did not hurt MJ after a great celebrations this week. And really, who is going to read this about Al. Again, if I was not on here, I would have never read it nor cared
    Mike's PYT

6. The Following User Says Thank You to terrell For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by terrell View Post
    So true. He is talking about other stuff yet the headline is about AL removing MJ parody. Media mad their trash did not hurt MJ after a great celebrations this week. And really, who is going to read this about Al. Again, if I was not on here, I would have never read it nor cared
    I wouldn't know it either. I don't understand the point of people looking for articles like this and reposting it here. They're clicking on these sites which gives the site attention and likely getting money from it. Free publicity. Like I said a lot of people want negativity, so the media is only giving the audience what they want.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DuranDuran For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

I wouldn't know it either. I don't understand the point of people looking for articles like this and reposting it here. They're clicking on these sites which gives the site attention and likely getting money from it. Free publicity. Like I said a lot of people want negativity, so the media is only giving the audience what they want.
    He is going to "offend" people MORE by not playing MJ than playing. Those paradies is what made him more than the rest.
    Mike's PYT

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by terrell View Post
    He is going to "offend" people MORE by not playing MJ than playing. Those parodies is what made him more than the rest.
    Maybe, but a lot of people who are only fans of MJ and not Weird Al were not going to see Al anyway. There's many Al fans who weren't born when Eat It & Fat were released, but were around for more recent stuff. Eat It made Al more mainstream popular, but he's not only known for that. His career couldn't have lasted for over 35 years with only the 2 Jackson songs. A lot of his parodies from the 2000s are from hip hop hits which are probably more relevant for younger fans that grew up with the original versions, than the 1980s ones they didn't (I Lost On Jeopardy, Like A Surgeon).

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moon2008 View Post
    In all honesty, I understand WHY he did it. I personally don't think he agrees with anything that's been going on in regards to LN. However, Yes, he's still around, has his own hugely successful Disney show, has a pretty decent fanbase, and has kept his MJ Songs in his setlists up until literally a week ago. He's actually gotten some flack from his OWN fans about removing the MJ parodies. Nevertheless, it's the same reason why Drake removed his MJ collab from his shows. More along the lines of not offending anyone, rather than completely disowning MJ and his legacy. The neutral route. Yes, it's career protection ultimately, but hey, he's gotta eat too. I don't have a problem with the guy
    Exactly this! I highly doubt he believes any of the BS out there; he's just trying to stay on the safe side. (And, like others have said, it was probably his publicity people, not him as an individual, who made this decision.) Remember that right after LN came out, he spoke in favor of Michael. I will say that I'm a big Weird Al fan, and I'm disappointed that he did this, but something tells me he'll put the MJ songs back after a while.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nantucket Cat For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thanks

I only remember watching "Eat it" and "Fat" once in my life as part of an MJ Documentery in the 90ies and never had interest to watch it again!
    Without this article I would not know the name of the artist!
    I liked " Badder" much more.
    Last edited by ManBehindTheMirrOr - Dona; 28-06-2019 at 09:28 PM.

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Oh shoot, and I just saw that he got rid of any references on his Twitter! His description used to say "You know... the Eat It guy" and now it says "You know... the weird one." I don't understand why now all of a sudden.

Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second Class25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,309 Times in 502 Posts

This is an unfortunate development.

Entertainers will do what is best for themselves and their brand. I respect that.

I do not follow Weird Al and his career, so I don't need to kick him out of my life. LOL. This is just sad and disappointing for me. Sigh.

And I hope that fans are not going to bombard his Twitter feed with a lot of mean attacks. I find it demeans us and puts both us and Michael in a bad light.

He has made a choice. We can now choose to not support his work anymore (if we used to before) and leave it at that.
    Michael Jackson (1958 - 2009): You Do Not Define Him So You Cannot Confine Him!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheChosenOne For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Maybe, but a lot of people who are only fans of MJ and not Weird Al were not going to see Al anyway. There's many Al fans who weren't born when Eat It & Fat were released, but were around for more recent stuff. Eat It made Al more mainstream popular, but he's not only known for that. His career couldn't have lasted for over 35 years with only the 2 Jackson songs. A lot of his parodies from the 2000s are from hip hop hits which are probably more relevant for younger fans that grew up with the original versions, than the 1980s ones they didn't (I Lost On Jeopardy, Like A Surgeon).
    I am sure but I also doubt those "current" fans of his are all of sudden is not going to want him to do MJ's stuff. MJ stuff still outweights the others stuff when seen. even he admits in this article he has got no backlash. I still think he or whoever is jumping to conclusion as Q did but hey, I want to hear how Al show are doing afterward when he does this. U can believe it wont be long before he puts it back.
    Mike's PYT

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nantucket Cat View Post
    Oh shoot, and I just saw that he got rid of any references on his Twitter! His description used to say "You know... the Eat It guy" and now it says "You know... the weird one." I don't understand why now all of a sudden.
    well, that was a reference toward MJ as well by some from the 'gloved one" term.
    Mike's PYT

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 111
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entry1000 Experience PointsTagger First Class3 months registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

people shouldn't be afraid to speak out for Michael. if they knew Michael and was friends with him i wouldn't be afraid. i don't care if loose people,friends,followers,watchers etc. BECAUSE I KNOW THAT HE IS INNOCENT AND ALWAYS WAS AND IS. i would just let those people figure it out themselves or just look at them like their stupid.

a female with depression and mental delays

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Default media

Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    people shouldn't be afraid to speak out for Michael. if they knew Michael and was friends with him i wouldn't be afraid. i don't care if loose people,friends,followers,watchers etc. BECAUSE I KNOW THAT HE IS INNOCENT AND ALWAYS WAS AND IS. i would just let those people figure it out themselves or just look at them like their stupid.
    If the media is out for dirt, it's less likely they're going to make big headlines or articles from any defenders. Nor will as many people read it. A celebrity dying from a drug overdose will be covered more than one passing from a heart attack or old age. John Lennon getting shot is a bigger news story then George Harrison passing from cancer. People make jokes about Elvis Presley dying on the toilet and that Keith Richards & Ozzy Osbourne managed to outlive many other artists. The media and the general public looking for gossip is how Princess Diana died. It's like what Big Boi says in the OutKast song Hollywood Divorce:

Now could we make a difference
    Antwan Patton and André Benjamin
    Been jammin' for you crabbing rap n- and journalists
    That's quick to misprint public and private business
    Then retract back for deaf ears and think it's dismissed

Part two the sequel all new 'Kast
    Just ain't the same gang of nerds on the internet
    Slandering your name behind that screen name
    They're lame and their life is pretty plain