Future Concert Campaign ideas?

Robbsaber01

Proud Member
https://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/...penhagen-1992-(Happy-10th-Anniversary)/page27
Continuing the Off topic started in this thread...

Not exactly true. It was either Wembley or Yokohama '87 (they had the master tapes). But there was not only one Wembley show, and as Rob said, they only chose July 16 because of Diana. It's been discussed in here before. July 15 had way better quality, TWYMMF was clearly not sourced from VHS.

EDIT: Now that I remember, HappyLee made me notice that TWYMMF could not be from Wembley, because in some places the audio does not match the video.

Another possibility for the Estate, if they can't find all the songs on film... Well, just mix the Wembley audio with TRUE HQ footage from the Bad Tour. It wouldn't be the first time they do it just look at Bucharest lol. They can't deny it, they have some shows in great quality. All they said in 2012 was that the audio from the master tapes was unusable.

And last thing I'm going to say is, these kind of threads should be in News and Discussion, because it's about never before seen concert. Plus, people from The Estate could have easy access to it and see what we want.

We know they should have US leg Multitrack audio. Kansas/NY are in HQ. I wouldnt mind a release from one of those shows if Film material is unavailable.
MJ was all about quality. I doubt he would allow the VHS to be released.
I think its worth a shot to show the estate/online team what we would want in the future (again). :)

Dear Michael Jackson Estate, this is my wishlist. Hit "Thanks" if some of you all agree.

1. Any Triumph tour show.
2. Victory tour on Blu ray.
3. The Bad tour '88 in high quality. I wouldn't mind if it's a mix between various shows.

I wish any Bad show would be a possibility, even if it's the 87 leg.. MJ sang the ish out of all those shows in all his vocal glory..
Wish some tape would appear to crowdfund.

I think it's never to late to try convincing the estate releasing some most wanted stuff.
But i also believe they know very well what we want.

I guess a petition will not convince them. We need to do something else.
Any ideas? Probably we should do something on youtube?

^sometimes I feel they think that we all want new songs, but that's not the case for me at least not right now. I want new concerts and in high quality, and I lnow that many people want the same, it should be VERY easy for them to release concerts so why don't they just do it?

^sometimes I feel they think that we all want new songs, but that's not the case for me at least not right now. I want new concerts and in high quality, and I lnow that many people want the same, it should be VERY easy for them to release concerts so why don't they just do it?

I feel like the estate wont do releases which brings not as much money as new albums.

Dear Michael Jackson Estate, this is my wishlist. Hit "Thanks" if some of you all agree.

1. Any Triumph tour show.
2. Victory tour on Blu ray.
Wouldn't the brothers have to sign off on any concert that features them in it? I don't think they would refuse though. Especially since there's never been an official home video release of anything by the J5 or Jacksons other than the 1970s cartoon show a few years ago on DVD & Blu-Ray. Then that went out of print really fast. There wasn't even one in the VHS days, even LaToya had a music video compilation back then. I just remembered the brothers cable TV reality show was on DVD, but there's not really any music on that.

I think it's never to late to try convincing the estate releasing some most wanted stuff.
But i also believe they know very well what we want.

I guess a petition will not convince them. We need to do something else.
Any ideas? Probably we should do something on youtube?
Maybe create a video sourced from all the film/HQ that we have? Film snippets of Laussane bad tour looks great. Kansas, NY, LA are great HQ choices.
Wouldn't the brothers have to sign off on any concert that features them in it? I don't think they would refuse though. Especially since there's never been an official home video release of anything by the J5 or Jacksons other than the 1970s cartoon show a few years ago on DVD & Blu-Ray. Then that went out of print really fast. There wasn't even one in the VHS days, even LaToya had a music video compilation back then. I just remembered the brothers cable TV reality show was on DVD, but there's not really any music on that.
Yeah I think they would have to sign off. Remember the Heartbreak Hotel LA clip they posted for 30th anniversary? That only lasted a couple days on YT before getting taken down lol. Any Quality Jacksons/bad tour footage deserves a release IMO.

This guy explains how the task can be so simple and logical for the Estate:

Maybe create a video sourced from all the film/HQ that we have? Film snippets of Laussane bad tour looks great. Kansas, NY, LA are great HQ choices.

Yeah I think they would have to sign off. Remember the Heartbreak Hotel LA clip they posted for 30th anniversary? That only lasted a couple days on YT before getting taken down lol. Any Quality Jacksons/bad tour footage deserves a release IMO.

Pretty sure that clip was from shows in NYC, at least one of the shows used in the footage is Boston.

alexmega30;4261540 said:
Pretty sure that clip was from shows in NYC, at least one of the shows used in the footage is Boston.

There was no shows in Boston, Michael hasn’t performed there since the 70’s. Wish he could’ve performed his Bad Tour show at the Boston Garden.

I found this on an old post from hideout...
Cork '88 someone pointed out this film camera during WBSS. Granted, its pointed towards the crowd but that could mean other cameras were present?

What we want is simply a great concert in great quality. Bad Tour, of all the tours, mostly deserves a decent quality release. It doesn't have to be BluRay, since no one knows for sure whether they have full Bad Tour concert on film, but I assume they have 1989 L.A. in excellent DVD quality and many shows including 1988 MSG New York in decent quality. Any of those would be nice.

Bad Tour L.A. 1989 snippets from The One DVD:
mn1g8m.jpg

2zhe9le.jpg

2chxac9.jpg

Bad Tour MSG New York & Unknown from Bad 25 documentary (and they're cropped, which means 25% of the image is lost):
e7fqkx.jpg

e9g6bs.jpg

DVD is dying, folks. The longer we wait, the less likelier we're gonna get a decent DVD release. Even if they can put together a BluRay release for Bad Tour (which I doubt), that would mean they probably won't be releasing 1988 MSG in decent DVD quality. My suggestion would be: ask a decent DVD release first, which is easily achievable. Don't be too aggressive on BluRay, or it's very easy to fail.

Last edited:
If the estate is only interested in cheap to produce cash-ins, i don't know why they don't put out stuff people actually want.
I'm fine with re-releases of greatest hits over and over, but stuff like a compilation of his horror-esque tracks on that last compilation was ridic.

If physical releases are too risky/costly, just put it out digitally, whether its itunes/amazon/etc. or solely on the MJ Youtube page (the ad revenue for an unreleased concert would pay for itself).

If the estate is only interested in cheap to produce cash-ins, i don't know why they don't put out stuff people actually want.
I'm fine with re-releases of greatest hits over and over, but stuff like a compilation of his horror-esque tracks on that last compilation was ridic.

If physical releases are too risky/costly, just put it out digitally, whether its itunes/amazon/etc. or solely on the MJ Youtube page (the ad revenue for an unreleased concert would pay for itself).

Agree with all you said.
If they wont put money into a physical production i'd be okay with just a download release of a bad tour show in DVD or HD quality.

DVD is dying, folks. The longer we wait, the less likelier we're gonna get a decent DVD release. Even if they can put together a BluRay release for Bad Tour (which I doubt), that would mean they probably won't be releasing 1988 MSG in decent DVD quality. My suggestion would be: ask a decent DVD release first, which is easily achievable. Don't be too aggressive on BluRay, or it's very easy to fail.
DVD isn't dying. They are is still selling better than Blu-Rays.

DVD is gradually dying. From a data I just found, DVD sales have declined about 50% in the last 5 years. It would continue to do so, because there are more and more 4K video releases now, and more and more BluRay concerts, and 1080p or higher resolution music videos on YouTube. Eventually people are going to stop watching DVD just like many of us stopped watching VCD, because DVD just won't get any better.

DuranDuran;4261537 said:
I don't think they would refuse though. Especially since there's never been an official home video release of anything by the J5 or Jacksons other than the 1970s cartoon show a few years ago on DVD & Blu-Ray.
At some point, back in 1981, there're thoughts on releasing the final Triumph tour concert (Live at the Forum, LA - September 26, 1981).

Videotapes of this concert have been deosited at the US copyright office.

The Jacksons at the Forum, September 26, 1981.

Type of Work: Motion Picture
Registration Number / Date: PAu000369134 / 1981-11-23
Application Title: The Jacksons’ 1981 Forum concert.
Title: The Jacksons at the Forum, September 26, 1981.
Description: 2 videocassettes (ca. 84 min.) : sd., col. ; 3/4 in.
Notes: Deposit includes description (2 p.)
Copyright Claimant: Michael Jackson
Date of Creation: 1981

Galactus123;4261592 said:

I’d rather they should go for DVD/BluRay combo, Funimation’s done that and Disney even does that as well. I’m all for the combo.

Just to recap on what we know in terms of filmed bad tour concerts...
Grading Michael Jackson - Warren Eagles
https://icolorist.com/2011/07/29/grading-michael-jackson/

The concert was shot on a mixture of 35mm and 16mm film, it seemed at times they were shooting film for fun! The crew filmed 2 nights out of the 5 Wembley stadium gigs, film was also fed from the earlier tour legs in Australia, Japan, and Europe. As an accompanying piece to the concert, an “on the road” documentary was also filmed at the same time.

The single “Another part of me” was cut from some of my early telecine work. The music video was cut from footage shot in London and Paris, that shows you how tight Jackson’s performance was. As far as I know the complete concert and documentary has never been released. A disappointing waste as the film managed to capture Jackson at his peak. Jackson never came into Visions during the project but Frank Dileo, his cigar smoking manager, visited a couple of times.

See if you can spot the Paris shots?

What about buying (very) rare songs, like Get Your Weight Off Me?

Anybody have link to trailer?

I think he was referring to the wembley bad25 trailer that wasnt "remastered" yet.

As said above, id be ok with an HQ release IF the Film is lost but I think we should push for finding/releasing HD material. Warren Eagles is the "smoking gun" in this case. There should be no debate anymore. The only question is if the estate has found/Digitized the Completely filmed and edited Concert. Its been 7 years since Bad25. Those APOM "Outtakes" were probably recently digitized back then.

I think he was referring to the wembley bad25 trailer that wasnt "remastered" yet.

As said above, id be ok with an HQ release IF the Film is lost but I think we should push for finding/releasing HD material. Warren Eagles is the "smoking gun" in this case. There should be no debate anymore. The only question is if the estate has found/Digitized the Completely filmed and edited Concert. Its been 7 years since Bad25. Those APOM "Outtakes" were probably recently digitized back then.
I don't think they looked for them after they released the DVD.

On personal note I'd love to see Aintree, Liverpool Bad Tour 1988. A crowd of over 135,000 people and by the sounds of the amateur audio it sounds like a great concert. It was also shot on film and intended for release (see Man In The Mirror blue shirt from Moonwalker)

Other than that I would love to see New York 1988 because I think that has the potential of being one of if not the best show Michael performed going off of the audio and snippets we have. His performance seemed electric

In all honesty, provided it's watchable, I'm not that bothered by the quality of the footage more so by the quality of the performance. I'd rather them release a really good upscaled show, like we just got with Copenhagen, than a super duper HD 3D Mike is sitting next to me on the couch it's so clear, HIStory tour show.

Just my thoughts

I hope they release Bad Tour on Blu-Ray. This concert would also be great:

The audio sounds great. That was on official Michael Jackson youtube channel some time ago but I can't find it anymore.

^Yeah but that's just a promo sent to music TV channels... like the Kansas city clips. I doubt the Estate has the master tape to any of those shows.

^Yeah but that's just a promo sent to music TV channels... like the Kansas city clips. I doubt the Estate has the master tape to any of those shows.

I think they might have it. They should have most Bad, Dangerous and HIStory Tour shows on tape. Some of them might be lost like the Wembley master tape but they should have most of them.

Back