Spongebob Squarepants Thread

PoP

Proud Member
Country
Canada
This has never been done before, no thread about Spongebob at all here, until NOW there is. Special thread for all Spongebob fans out here. I wanna put this thread up here since this year is Spongebob's 20th year.

Spongebob's been with us for 20 years and I've been a fan since the spring 2002 and I've grown attached to it as summer hits and that's when I realize that when Michael says he identifies himself as "Peter Pan", I can honestly say that I identify myself as "Spongebob".

Here's a funny clip.

Tom Kenny- Spongebob
Bill Fagerbakke- Patrick
Rodger Bumpass- Squidward
Mr. Lawrence- Plankton
Clancy Brown- Mr. Krabs
Carolyn Lawrence- Sandy

Hope you enjoy Spongebob's 20th in heaven Stephen Hillenburg. You will be truly missed.

I like SpongeBob but i like the older seasons. i think Michael liked SpongeBob if i'm not mistaking. i can't believe it's 20 years. i been a fan for mostly all my life. i'm just not really a fan of newer seasons though. i do need to catch on how the newer episodes are because the last time i saw a episode was when the cat came to the ocean. wired episode. anyway Michael was kind of like spongebob too expect he wasn't a cry baby. :laughing: :3

I like SpongeBob but i like the older seasons. i think Michael liked SpongeBob if i'm not mistaking. i can't believe it's 20 years. i been a fan for mostly all my life. i'm just not really a fan of newer seasons though. i do need to catch on how the newer episodes are because the last time i saw a episode was when the cat came to the ocean. wired episode. anyway Michael was kind of like spongebob too expect he wasn't a cry baby. :laughing: :3

I remember noticing a Spongebob plushie in Neverland, it does look like he watches Spongebob, maybe with his kids, since it confirms that they watch mainly Disney Channel and Nickelodeon.

You can catch up here https://www.watchcartoononline.io/anime/spongebob-squarepants

I've been watching Spongebob and Loud House a lot for months now since I unofficially stopped watching Cartoon Network sometime after Adventure Time ended.

Crazy that it's been twenty years. I watched it from the beginning, but kind of stopped after the first movie. Still love the sponge though. :) Was so sad when Stephen Hillenburg died.

Happy 20th Birthday Spongebob

happy_20th_birthday_spongebob_by_prince_of_pop_ddbin51-fullview.jpg

Happy Birthday Tom Kenny

Happy Birthday Tom Kenny

Plus a special quiz from ugh...Buzzfeed, I still hate them for insulting one of my artwork, but for today I'm gonna do their Spongebob quiz. Tom Kenny and Bill Fagerbakke both did the quiz, I just did the quiz as well and my result that is I'm...

Spongebob.

Feel free to take the quiz and find out which character are you.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alliehayes/spongebob-and-patrick-took-our-which-spongebob-squarepants

Last edited:
Here’s an episode with Gary & Spot.

[video=youtube;EJeifruC8SA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJeifruC8SA[/video]

A funny video of Plankton's schemes.

Didnt expect this thread lol. First 5 seasons are classics imo. Dont care for anything after that. One of those shows i'll remember from my childhood for sure.

This has never been done before, no thread about Spongebob at all here, until NOW there is. Special thread for all Spongebob fans out here. I wanna put this thread up here since this year is Spongebob's 20th year.

Spongebob's been with us for 20 years and I've been a fan since the spring 2002 and I've grown attached to it as summer hits and that's when I realize that when Michael says he identifies himself as "Peter Pan", I can honestly say that I identify myself as "Spongebob".

Here's a funny clip.

Tom Kenny- Spongebob
Bill Fagerbakke- Patrick
Rodger Bumpass- Squidward
Mr. Lawrence- Plankton
Clancy Brown- Mr. Krabs
Carolyn Lawrence- Sandy

Hope you enjoy Spongebob's 20th in heaven Stephen Hillenburg. You will be truly missed.

Spongebob used to make me die laughing in middle school. Now, it just got really weird and disturbing. "Best Day Ever" and "Gary Come Home" makes me cry now.

Hahaha, I`ve only recently discovered Spongebob . Until then, I always stayed away from it, as I thought they were just stupid kids cartoons. I`ve watched an episode accidentaly, zapping through stations. It really caught my attention as it reminded me a lot of Cow&Chicken and I am Wiesel, of which I was a fan as a kid. I can honestly state that I really like Spongebob now :)

Erandi;4266450 said:
Hahaha, I`ve only recently discovered Spongebob . Until then, I always stayed away from it, as I thought they were just stupid kids cartoons. I`ve watched an episode accidentaly, zapping through stations. It really caught my attention as it reminded me a lot of Cow&Chicken and I am Wiesel, of which I was a fan as a kid. I can honestly state that I really like Spongebob now :)

How could you even miss it out all these years? Eh, you’re forgiven, there’s plenty of episodes to check out on.

You'd hate it today

You'd hate it today
Yep. Went down hill after the first Movie. Thats the general opinion of most of fans. Seasons 1-5 are gold. IMO spongebob has become insanely popular which is why its lasted this long however the show isnt the same as it was. I think its in the same position as Family Guy and the Simpsons. Was great, but now past its prime. Should have ended years ago but its too popular to end (now there's a Spin-off and the creator passed).

Last edited:
Everyone has their own opinions but i personally i don't like the later seasons. I LOVE the early seasons. SpongeBob wasn't good to me after the 1st movie. BUT I have not seen some of the later episodes and i do wanna catch up on them whenever i get a chance. spongebob was suppose to end after the 1st movie BUT cash cows had to keep milking it. i seen some of the later episodes and there not so bad. but that was in 2013ish-14ish. there's no telling how i'm gonna like them now. but i'll give it a shot.

Last edited:
"Best Day Ever" and "Gary Come Home" makes me cry now.

I love both of those episodes! Gary come home has got to be the saddest episode ever. the best day ever was a sweet episode. one thing i can say spongebob specials was awesome! i use to always look out for new episodes back in the day.

Been a long time since I watched Spongebob. Might have to rewatch the early seasons again. I did that with some other classic Nick shows over the past couple of years like Rugrats and Doug, and found they still hold up really well, if not better, as an adult.

I would appreciate yous keep the criticism to yourselves, cause the last thing you're doing is pissing this fan off. Spongebob reached it's 20th year already and I predict they'll end it for it's silver anniversary and boom done.

Epic King Neptune scene.

Last edited:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:WOO! DEMOCRACY!:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

[video=youtube;-1DImpKdARY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1DImpKdARY[/video]

Look who’s in Bikini Bottom now.

Back