How should i draw Michael?

NatureCriminal7896

Proud Member
I'm planning to draw Michael in my style but i'm trying to figure out how should i draw him. should i draw with his vitiligo or without it or with his vitiligo spots showing? i wanna stick with a perfect way of drawing him. i know also depends on which era i draw him in but i wanna stick with a look so i don't have always change his look.

how did Michael wanted to be drawn?

Based on the portraits Michael had made of himself and hanging in his home, I'd say he prefers Bad era and before.

You don't need to keep bumping this thread, it's still on the first page.

NatureCriminal7896;4262221 said:
I'm planning to draw Michael in my style but i'm trying to figure out how should i draw him. should i draw with his vitiligo or without it or with his vitiligo spots showing? i wanna stick with a perfect way of drawing him. i know also depends on which era i draw him in but i wanna stick with a look so i don't have always change his look.

Draw him in any era you want, didn’t matter. I mostly drew in Bad era, but I sometimes drew in Thriller, Dangerous and Invincible eras, plus I once drew him with a little bit of vitiligo shown and that was it. You can look thru my work in my deviantArt page.

Why are you spamming?

I guess the OP would like some responses to her question, which is why she started the thread. It's a nice way of connecting with other members and chatting to them, as this whole section of the forum is about members sharing their ideas with each other, on a variety of topics.

Perhaps you could give your opinion on what you think is a good way to draw Michael - otherwise it feels like you wasted your post.

;)

If we're talking about how Michael wanted to be drawn, I think, judging by paintings of himself that he had commissioned, he liked to be shown as a saviour - someone with strength, nobility and valour. He also favoured fantastical, legendary, fairy-tale situations..... and scenarios from history.

So for example: a pied piper leading others to utopia, a brave knight on a white horse, a leader at a round table of great minds and personalities from history and pop culture, someone who is clearly a scholar and a thinker. In my opinion, he would like to be drawn without his vitiligo, as I think that caused him a great deal of anguish and emotional pain - he went to a lot of trouble to hide it as much as possible.

If we're talking about how we ourselves would like to see him drawn, I personally love drawings which seem to show his inner spirit; the sparkle in his eyes, the playfulness in his nature and his softness. I guess I'm looking for his inner beauty, rather than anything in particular on the outside, but of course I accept that's very difficult to show in a drawing.

Most artists seem to focus a lot on the 1980s.....I'm more interested in seeing other time periods illustrated - even if it's just to create greater balance. For example, the duality of vulnerability v/s angst of the late 1990s - early 2000s would be very interesting to see, in drawings of Michael.

So, how did you draw him if you have drawn him yet, What did you decide?

@LqqsgsVgin

I’m glad I’m not alone, I also joined this forum to find talented painters for self portraits. Any luck?
PS I could do with some new paper on the wall too, anybody?

Back