Thriller - 2010 Vision DVD vs 2018 IMAX Remaster Trailer - Screen Comparison (Side by Side)

MJbr2

Proud Member
Hey guys. I made this video last year to compare the quality between the regular master we're all used to watch and the original film reels. It's kinda messed up to think we could have a BluRay quality of this landmark video.

I literally, honestly hardly see any difference between the two. I don't waste much time worrying about the quality of this and the quality of that....I prefer to focus on the overall artistry portrayed in Michael's work.

I literally, honestly hardly see any difference between the two. I don't waste much time worrying about the quality of this and the quality of that....I prefer to focus on the overall artistry portrayed in Michael's work.

No offense but are you watching on a 9" black&white CRT without your glasses? This is a HUGE step-up in quality. And Michael was always about quality.

Re-releasing all of Michael's videos in the highest possible quality should be a top priority of the Estate. Instead we got a glow-in-the-dark compilation vinyl and an inferior sounding picture disc compilation.

So what's the story behind this new Thriller release?

in terms of 'thriller', I think the original works better with the overall theme. the only part i'd like to see restored is the dance routine.

weren't the 'thriller' short films (and Motown 25) already restored on the 25th anniversary dvd? what about the individual visionary dual discs from 2006? I definitely noticed a difference. not sure about blu ray quality since I never seen anything on that format..

Last edited:
They both look good. but i'm liking the IMAX one better. the colors are alittle off but it's looks very clear you can see somethings you haven't really saw in the original video.

another side by side comparison. this time, with 'beat it'. it isn't imax, but the uploader has made it hd (look to the right)

another side by side comparison. this time, with 'beat it'. it isn't imax, but the uploader has made it hd (look to the right)

That's pretty good. it could be alittle bit better. but good. this video gave me so much nostalgia. think the one of left gives alot of nostalgia due to the quality but all in all nostalgia. :D

Back