GottaHaveRockNRoll Auction started: “Get Your Weight Off Of Me”

Oh boy, uhhh...crowdfunding?

No? Too costly? I know.

But minimum of $10K for this one song? :scream: I know this song is highly sought after but my goodness.

a burnt copy that is most likely owned by someone outside of the states.. Who is giving them this stuff lately?

10K for one song.. If I had THAT kind of money... I'd still rather buy an autographed MJ fedora.

In my opinion concerts have more money value than songs... So if the Copenhagen concert was 4.2K i find the price for this song is way too much.
A good price would be around or less than 1500$.

It's 8 days left. who knows. that's alot money for one unrelease song. but it's understandable.

If I had THAT kind of money... I'd still rather buy an autographed MJ fedora.

LOL! if i had that money i probably would do the samething and it's smooth criminal too? one of my favorite songs and music videos from him? :laughing: now that black fedora and shades starting to look good too. :laughing:

How do gotta have rock n' roll get all this stuff? do they find it and have it themselves or other people have it and give it to them to sell?

How do gotta have rock n' roll get all this stuff? do they find it and have it themselves or other people have it and give it to them to sell?

Instead of making several posts in a row, you could just edit the first post you made and add what you have to say if you forgot something

NatureCriminal7896;4263560 said:
People probably give it to them to auction it for money or because they don’t need it anymore.

I dont think its anything but the album with whatever happens missing from the list

The mixes may be mastered differently and two of the songs are marked as not yet finished. This probably just means that they are unmixed but you never know.

Wow this is so exciting - an actual full Michael Jackson song with recorded lyrics, verses etc.
Even though the price is high, I think it is reasonable if you think about it. I wish one of the MJJ members would win the lottery and go for it. ;)

Is there any hint somewhere about how "good" that song is and whether it's rather a fast pop-song or a slow ballad or similar?
Back about 15 years ago, I remember a member on a German board posting a fictional demo of that song with lyrics that go like

"I know that I need you baby... I know that I like you baby... so please don't squeeze me baby... but get your weight off of me". ;)

Anybody remember that? I found that demo quite entertaining and funny...

I have heard that it is a typical Invincible track from that period. Nothing amazing. Although I still want to hear it.

Hm thanks, but is "typical Invincible" linked to "nothing amazing" or is that statement specifically meant regarding the song? Because I see that tracks can be "typically Invincible", but these tracks also have their "magic" IMO.

I have heard that it is a typical Invincible track from that period. Nothing amazing. Although I still want to hear it.

Exactly how I imagine it. I'm really not a fan of the work Michael did during this period. The early Invincible stuff that was binned and the stuff that came after all far better to me.

That said, I still want to hear it.

Back