Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Statement from the Estate of Michael Jackson about Emmy Nominations

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Statement from the Estate of Michael Jackson about Emmy Nominations

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    I like it, but Dan Reed did succeed in muting Michael to a significant degree in the UK.

Michael Jackson has vanished from many major UK radio stations without trace, and similarly on many major music channels on television.

I have a few questions. Was Michael in heavy rotation before the crapomentuary? How does/did Michael’s airplay compare to his other peers, such as Prince? Did all stations in U.K. ban Michael’s music or 1 or 2? Were major music channels STILL playing Michael’s videos on a regular basis before the crapomentary?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to somewhereinthedark For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by somewhereinthedark View Post
    I have a few questions. Was Michael in heavy rotation before the crapomentuary? How does/did Michael’s airplay compare to his other peers, such as Prince? Did all stations in U.K. ban Michael’s music or 1 or 2? Were major music channels STILL playing Michael’s videos on a regular basis before the crapomentary?
    Yes, he was in heavy rotation before. Michael was playing daily on Absolute, Heart and Smooth. Now, nothing on those stations.

My office has the radio on all day generally on Heart, Smooth or a local oldies station - Prince plays every day pretty much.

Not all UK stations banned MJ's music. Michael continues to play on the BBC network for example.

Many of the music channels were regularly doing 'best of MJ' hours etc. Haven't seen anything like that scheduled since LN.

I'm not trying to paint some picture that Michael has been completely muted here, but there was significant damage and it's simply wrong of the Estate to suggest any attempt to mute Michael was unsuccessful.

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    This made me feel alittle better to know that they know fans are doing whatever they can to defend Michael. but why they just now speaking out? they should of speak out before it got to this point letting fans do all this work by ourselves. the estate really needs a new team.
    Sounds to me like the estate is doing a really good job, we have to remember that will be things going on that we don't know about, if they are playing their cards close to their chest then that's a good thing, loose tongues cost lives and they may not want to say to much so that the media can't twist anything they may say, the media are just waiting for anything they can use against MJ

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Alh21 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

I like it, but Dan Reed did succeed in muting Michael to a significant degree in the UK.

Michael Jackson has vanished from many major UK radio stations without trace, and similarly on many major music channels on television.
    My local radio station always play MJ, I lovely to put the radio on in the morning and hear Michael, makes my day

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Alh21 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alh21 View Post
    My local radio station always play MJ, I lovely to put the radio on in the morning and hear Michael, makes my day
    The biggest local station here is owned by the Bauer network. I'm not 100% but I strongly suspect Bauer's policy is no MJ on any of their stations. As a result no MJ on my local oldies station and nothing on Magic, Absolute etc.

Is there a single nationwide UK radio station that is playing MJ outside of the BBC network? I'd love to know.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

The biggest local station here is owned by the Bauer network. I'm not 100% but I strongly suspect Bauer's policy is no MJ on any of their stations. As a result no MJ on my local oldies station and nothing on Magic, Absolute etc.

Is there a single nationwide UK radio station that is playing MJ outside of the BBC network? I'd love to know.
    I live in the North East and my local station is Zetland FM, always playing MJ, I used to listen to magic but I haven't heard Michael on there either, as far as I'm aware Zealand can be listened to on podcast but please don't quote me on that as I'm not sure, as far a national one I have no idea, sorry I couldn't be more help

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 804
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

Yes, he was in heavy rotation before. Michael was playing daily on Absolute, Heart and Smooth. Now, nothing on those stations.

My office has the radio on all day generally on Heart, Smooth or a local oldies station - Prince plays every day pretty much.

Not all UK stations banned MJ's music. Michael continues to play on the BBC network for example.

Many of the music channels were regularly doing 'best of MJ' hours etc. Haven't seen anything like that scheduled since LN.

I'm not trying to paint some picture that Michael has been completely muted here, but there was significant damage and it's simply wrong of the Estate to suggest any attempt to mute Michael was unsuccessful.
    It's not just the radio and music channels, it's also shop playlists. I don't know how widespread this is across the country, but I never hear MJ anymore when I'm out.

'Immerse your soul in love.'

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

[QqUOTE=Anna;4264036]It's not just the radio and music channels, it's also shop playlists. I don't know how widespread this is across the country, but I never hear MJ anymore when I'm out.[/QUOTE]

I guess it depends where you live. Since the bullcrapomentary I have heard Michael in restaurants that I never heard him in before. I still hear him on radio.

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registered5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nesdogg23 View Post
    at some point i hope justice is served and these people get prosecuted
    Exactly.

a female with depression,generalized anxiety,who is intellectual delay with other mental delays

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree FriendsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,052 Times in 1,355 Posts

Compare to how this trash was promoted by all media all over the world, the few stations who did cut back on MJ is laughable (United States has not stop playing his music on our station as all not even during that trash and black radio played him even more from 4 times a day to 6 to 8 times). Still MJ is the winner compare to how they pushed this trash and for a 60 year old entertainer who has been gone for 10 years still being played along this generation of new artists is still remarkable.
    Mike's PYT

14. The Following User Says Thank You to terrell For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 292
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends10000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,278 Times in 663 Posts

The only music TV stations I hear him on are Now 80's and Now 90's seem's your right the rest have all but dropped him of the channels (not many) that play the old stuff.
    MJJCommunity Owner And Founder
    Making that change for Michael since 2001
    Loyal fan since 1978

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Sucks that you guys in the UK have seen this big of a drop. Not here in Canada, despite the copy and paste journalism of how his music was banned in Canada, that's pure crap. One company in the French speaking province of Quebec stopped playing him. But 80% of the country doesn't even live there. In the highest population province of Ontario (39% of Canada's population lives here) I hear Michael's music all the time! Since Leaving Neverland I still hear his music in stores, restaurants, radio, etc.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I know you been upset about this whole thing. but can you please calm down. not sounding rude or anything.

a female with depression,generalized anxiety,who is intellectual delay with other mental delays

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by terrell View Post
    Compare to how this trash was promoted by all media all over the world, the few stations who did cut back on MJ is laughable (United States has not stop playing his music on our station as all not even during that trash and black radio played him even more from 4 times a day to 6 to 8 times). Still MJ is the winner compare to how they pushed this trash and for a 60 year old entertainer who has been gone for 10 years still being played along this generation of new artists is still remarkable.
    That's because he's the King and always will be. it may not look like it to some but the black community loves Michael Jackson he inspires us and other groups of people too. same goes for Prince too.
    Last edited by NatureCriminal7896; 22-07-2019 at 02:28 AM.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by travis3000 View Post
    Sucks that you guys in the UK have seen this big of a drop. Not here in Canada, despite the copy and paste journalism of how his music was banned in Canada, that's pure crap. One company in the French speaking province of Quebec stopped playing him. But 80% of the country doesn't even live there. In the highest population province of Ontario (39% of Canada's population lives here) I hear Michael's music all the time! Since Leaving Neverland I still hear his music in stores, restaurants, radio, etc.
    It seems from the comments that I am reading is that Michael’s legacy is still strong despite the efforts the MSM and lying scumbags. I don’t know any other star in history who has endured the conspiracy and contrived agendas and negativity that Michael has gone through over 40 years and survived, and that’s the bottomline.