Statement from the Estate of Michael Jackson about Emmy Nominations

Gaz

Owner And Founder
Staff member
Country
United-Kingdom
Hi #MJFam:

The Emmy Nominations are not only a blow to the credibility of the awards, but to journalism everywhere. The Estate has received a deluge of messages regarding the nominations, expressing concern from the fan community about the effect this will have on Michael’s legacy. The Estate shares the following message with you.

STATEMENT FROM THE ESTATE

We have heard from many fans in connection with the recent announcement of Emmy nominations in the US. We share your outrage and disappointment that the disgraceful one-sided smear Leaving Neverland was nominated for potential Creative Arts Emmys by the Television Academy.

As you know, the Estate has spent years and considerable sums defending Michael and his estate against false allegations made by the two subjects of Leaving Neverland. When those individuals took their case to HBO having thus far failed in court, we wasted no time in filing a major lawsuit at considerable time and expense against HBO that remains active, attracted worldwide attention and which HBO has taken very seriously.

We also participated in public seminars highlighting the egregious bias of Leaving Neverland– at both Harvard and UCLA – which were covered extensively in the media. We have issued numerous public statements defending Michael, calling into question the motivations not only of the participants in the film but also the motivations of those who would choose to support the discredited liars and filmmaker who spread uncorroborated, unsubstantiated claims against a man who is no longer here to defend himself.

As we have indicated in prior statements, there are and will continue to be things that we do behind the scenes (including support offered to Taj Jackson), most of which will never become public. We recognize that in our unique position we must be thoughtful in whatever actions we take given that we are dealing with a network, filmmaker, plaintiffs’ attorneys and, in some cases, hostile media who are looking to seize on anything we do to advance their agendas and create publicity for this film. While we share the anger those who love Michael feel, we nonetheless must continue to balance our passion to speak out, against what best serves Michael’s legacy and not give those who wish to destroy him the excuse and opportunity they are looking for to try to further denigrate him. We know this is not what the fans want either.

As far as these specific Emmy nominations are concerned, as you may have noticed the media has actually given very little attention to them. So while we can confirm that we informed the Academy of our views regarding the absurdity of nominating for any award four hours of propaganda built on provable lies, it is important to keep in mind that, while not emotionally satisfying to restrain ourselves from speaking out publicly, we don’t want to do anything to effectively aid HBO, the filmmaker and the subjects of the film in seeking to promote this movie in any way. That includes aiding this and other self-serving campaigns they undertake for potential awards nobody will even remember who won a year or two from now.

After screening at Sundance and then playing on HBO, several lies were exposed in Leaving Neverland. The Estate, fans, foreign and African American media and even everyday viewers found holes in the film exposing its appalling lack of credibility and journalistic integrity. Our best course is to continue to shed light on an arrogant director who violated every basic journalistic standard of fairness in making his movie. No self-serving “award” will ever validate his decision to avoid anyone with a counterpoint of view, nor will it ever justify his inexcusable failure to fact check, fill the gaping holes of his timeline or absolve him for recklessly disparaging the reputations of Michael Jackson and others.

HBO’s reprehensible participation in disparaging Michael’s reputation by financing and supporting this infomercial has been frustrating for all of us over the last several months. But we are committed to protecting and preserving Michael’s incredible legacy. HBO and the film’s director were hoping they would mute Michael Jackson. They didn’t. No nominations or potential awards will change that.

We also want to take this opportunity to thank the fans for all of the time, energy and, in some cases, money you have invested in the defense of Michael. You can be assured that we are aware of those efforts and genuinely appreciate everything you do to support Michael and his legacy.
--- The Estate of Michael Jackson

Best
Alicia
MJOnline
The Official Online Team of The Michael Jackson Estate™

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody class="mcnTextBlockOuter">
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

Thank you Gaz for posting! It's good the Estate reacts in a calm and wise way to this injustice thats going on by nominating/supporting a documentary & film maker that already have been discredited in many ways. But very exciting to know the Estate has at least offered support to Taj Jacksons project! Maybe it's no monetary support but I hope there will be some music from the History album in Taj's documentary to add power to what Michael had to say him self about previous allegations.

This is an excellent statement from The Estate. Classy, measured and on point, as always.

gaz;4263760 said:
hi #mjfam:

The emmy nominations are not only a blow to the credibility of the awards, but to journalism everywhere. The estate has received a deluge of messages regarding the nominations, expressing concern from the fan community about the effect this will have on michael’s legacy. The estate shares the following message with you.

statement from the estate

we have heard from many fans in connection with the recent announcement of emmy nominations in the us. We share your outrage and disappointment that the disgraceful one-sided smear leaving neverland was nominated for potential creative arts emmys by the television academy.

As you know, the estate has spent years and considerable sums defending michael and his estate against false allegations made by the two subjects of leaving neverland. When those individuals took their case to hbo having thus far failed in court, we wasted no time in filing a major lawsuit at considerable time and expense against hbo that remains active, attracted worldwide attention and which hbo has taken very seriously.

We also participated in public seminars highlighting the egregious bias of leaving neverland– at both harvard and ucla – which were covered extensively in the media. We have issued numerous public statements defending michael, calling into question the motivations not only of the participants in the film but also the motivations of those who would choose to support the discredited liars and filmmaker who spread uncorroborated, unsubstantiated claims against a man who is no longer here to defend himself.

As we have indicated in prior statements, there are and will continue to be things that we do behind the scenes (including support offered to taj jackson), most of which will never become public. We recognize that in our unique position we must be thoughtful in whatever actions we take given that we are dealing with a network, filmmaker, plaintiffs’ attorneys and, in some cases, hostile media who are looking to seize on anything we do to advance their agendas and create publicity for this film. While we share the anger those who love michael feel, we nonetheless must continue to balance our passion to speak out, against what best serves michael’s legacy and not give those who wish to destroy him the excuse and opportunity they are looking for to try to further denigrate him. We know this is not what the fans want either.

As far as these specific emmy nominations are concerned, as you may have noticed the media has actually given very little attention to them. So while we can confirm that we informed the academy of our views regarding the absurdity of nominating for any award four hours of propaganda built on provable lies, it is important to keep in mind that, while not emotionally satisfying to restrain ourselves from speaking out publicly, we don’t want to do anything to effectively aid hbo, the filmmaker and the subjects of the film in seeking to promote this movie in any way. That includes aiding this and other self-serving campaigns they undertake for potential awards nobody will even remember who won a year or two from now.

After screening at sundance and then playing on hbo, several lies were exposed in leaving neverland. The estate, fans, foreign and african american media and even everyday viewers found holes in the film exposing its appalling lack of credibility and journalistic integrity. Our best course is to continue to shed light on an arrogant director who violated every basic journalistic standard of fairness in making his movie. No self-serving “award” will ever validate his decision to avoid anyone with a counterpoint of view, nor will it ever justify his inexcusable failure to fact check, fill the gaping holes of his timeline or absolve him for recklessly disparaging the reputations of michael jackson and others.

Hbo’s reprehensible participation in disparaging michael’s reputation by financing and supporting this infomercial has been frustrating for all of us over the last several months. But we are committed to protecting and preserving michael’s incredible legacy. Hbo and the film’s director were hoping they would mute michael jackson. They didn’t. No nominations or potential awards will change that.

We also want to take this opportunity to thank the fans for all of the time, energy and, in some cases, money you have invested in the defense of michael. You can be assured that we are aware of those efforts and genuinely appreciate everything you do to support michael and his legacy.
--- the estate of michael jackson

best
alicia
mjonline
the official online team of the michael jackson estate™

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody class="mcntextblockouter">
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

awesome statement!!!!&#128079;&#128079;&#128079;

Thank you Gaz for posting! It's good the Estate reacts in a calm and wise way to this injustice thats going on

The way the Estate reacts is so admirable & inspiring and i feel it actually mirrors Michael's mindset , So for me that's a comfort. i really applaud the Estate for truly keeping the legacy going this way.
I love the Estate for all their hard work :heart:

I like it, but Dan Reed did succeed in muting Michael to a significant degree in the UK.

Michael Jackson has vanished from many major UK radio stations without trace, and similarly on many major music channels on television.

This made me feel alittle better to know that they know fans are doing whatever they can to defend Michael. but why they just now speaking out? they should of speak out before it got to this point letting fans do all this work by ourselves. the estate really needs a new team.

This made me feel alittle better to know that they know fans are doing whatever they can to defend Michael. but why they just now speaking out? they should of speak out before it got to this point letting fans do all this work by ourselves. the estate really needs a new team.

They've released several statements since Leaving Neverland was released.

I'm glad the estate aren't going in guns blazing r.e. the Emmy nominations. I think the more they speak about it the more publicity they will draw to it, so staying quiet is probably best.

I like it, but Dan Reed did succeed in muting Michael to a significant degree in the UK.

Michael Jackson has vanished from many major UK radio stations without trace, and similarly on many major music channels on television.
Those stations will put him back on in a few. In United States, Mj music continue to play even during that trash aired. Our issue was the media with some haters and they hate even before the trash; in the eyes of many it was just pick on a man who can not defend himself and for money.

I'm glad the estate aren't going in guns blazing r.e. the Emmy nominations. I think the more they speak about it the more publicity they will draw to it, so staying quiet is probably best.
To a big point, it is best we speak and others who are just casual observers about these liars in LN.

at some point i hope justice is served and these people get prosecuted

NatureCriminal7896;4263930 said:

Some fans act as if the Estate has just been sitting back twiddling their thumbs. They have spoken out 3 or 4 times since the bullcrapomentary came out. There is only so much that they can do or say publicly. It’s ok to criticize them when it is feasible; however, some fans just want to complain about everything they do. I have said it once and I am going to repeat that the MJ Estate is keeping Michael’s legacy alive SO MUCH better than a lot of other stars’ Estate. I feel lucky to be a MJ fan, as compared to fans of others whose estate has done little to expand their legacy.

Btw, the MJ Estate TEAM is doing just fine. I shudder to think where Michael’s Estate would be if his siblings/family had control. However, I think Prince, Paris, and Blanket will do fine once they take over. I also think Taj will be a great help to them. Michael
Pretty much raised him and his brothers.

Those stations will put him back on in a few. In United States, Mj music continue to play even during that trash aired. Our issue was the media with some haters and they hate even before the trash; in the eyes of many it was just pick on a man who can not defend himself and for money.

Exactly. The same stations that played him before the bullcrapomentary are the same ones still playing him.

ChrisC;4263918 said:

I have a few questions. Was Michael in heavy rotation before the crapomentuary? How does/did Michael&#8217;s airplay compare to his other peers, such as Prince? Did all stations in U.K. ban Michael&#8217;s music or 1 or 2? Were major music channels STILL playing Michael&#8217;s videos on a regular basis before the crapomentary?

somewhereinthedark;4263967 said:
I have a few questions. Was Michael in heavy rotation before the crapomentuary? How does/did Michael&#8217;s airplay compare to his other peers, such as Prince? Did all stations in U.K. ban Michael&#8217;s music or 1 or 2? Were major music channels STILL playing Michael&#8217;s videos on a regular basis before the crapomentary?

Yes, he was in heavy rotation before. Michael was playing daily on Absolute, Heart and Smooth. Now, nothing on those stations.

My office has the radio on all day generally on Heart, Smooth or a local oldies station - Prince plays every day pretty much.

Not all UK stations banned MJ's music. Michael continues to play on the BBC network for example.

Many of the music channels were regularly doing 'best of MJ' hours etc. Haven't seen anything like that scheduled since LN.

I'm not trying to paint some picture that Michael has been completely muted here, but there was significant damage and it's simply wrong of the Estate to suggest any attempt to mute Michael was unsuccessful.

Sounds to me like the estate is doing a really good job, we have to remember that will be things going on that we don't know about, if they are playing their cards close to their chest then that's a good thing, loose tongues cost lives and they may not want to say to much so that the media can't twist anything they may say, the media are just waiting for anything they can use against MJ

My local radio station always play MJ, I lovely to put the radio on in the morning and hear Michael, makes my day

My local radio station always play MJ, I lovely to put the radio on in the morning and hear Michael, makes my day

The biggest local station here is owned by the Bauer network. I'm not 100% but I strongly suspect Bauer's policy is no MJ on any of their stations. As a result no MJ on my local oldies station and nothing on Magic, Absolute etc.

Is there a single nationwide UK radio station that is playing MJ outside of the BBC network? I'd love to know.

The biggest local station here is owned by the Bauer network. I'm not 100% but I strongly suspect Bauer's policy is no MJ on any of their stations. As a result no MJ on my local oldies station and nothing on Magic, Absolute etc.

Is there a single nationwide UK radio station that is playing MJ outside of the BBC network? I'd love to know.

I live in the North East and my local station is Zetland FM, always playing MJ, I used to listen to magic but I haven't heard Michael on there either, as far as I'm aware Zealand can be listened to on podcast but please don't quote me on that as I'm not sure, as far a national one I have no idea, sorry I couldn't be more help

Yes, he was in heavy rotation before. Michael was playing daily on Absolute, Heart and Smooth. Now, nothing on those stations.

My office has the radio on all day generally on Heart, Smooth or a local oldies station - Prince plays every day pretty much.

Not all UK stations banned MJ's music. Michael continues to play on the BBC network for example.

Many of the music channels were regularly doing 'best of MJ' hours etc. Haven't seen anything like that scheduled since LN.

I'm not trying to paint some picture that Michael has been completely muted here, but there was significant damage and it's simply wrong of the Estate to suggest any attempt to mute Michael was unsuccessful.

It's not just the radio and music channels, it's also shop playlists. I don't know how widespread this is across the country, but I never hear MJ anymore when I'm out.

[QqUOTE=Anna;4264036]It's not just the radio and music channels, it's also shop playlists. I don't know how widespread this is across the country, but I never hear MJ anymore when I'm out.[/QUOTE]

I guess it depends where you live. Since the bullcrapomentary I have heard Michael in restaurants that I never heard him in before. I still hear him on radio.

Compare to how this trash was promoted by all media all over the world, the few stations who did cut back on MJ is laughable (United States has not stop playing his music on our station as all not even during that trash and black radio played him even more from 4 times a day to 6 to 8 times). Still MJ is the winner compare to how they pushed this trash and for a 60 year old entertainer who has been gone for 10 years still being played along this generation of new artists is still remarkable.

The only music TV stations I hear him on are Now 80's and Now 90's seem's your right the rest have all but dropped him of the channels (not many) that play the old stuff.

Sucks that you guys in the UK have seen this big of a drop. Not here in Canada, despite the copy and paste journalism of how his music was banned in Canada, that's pure crap. One company in the French speaking province of Quebec stopped playing him. But 80% of the country doesn't even live there. In the highest population province of Ontario (39% of Canada's population lives here) I hear Michael's music all the time! Since Leaving Neverland I still hear his music in stores, restaurants, radio, etc.

I know you been upset about this whole thing. but can you please calm down. not sounding rude or anything.

Compare to how this trash was promoted by all media all over the world, the few stations who did cut back on MJ is laughable (United States has not stop playing his music on our station as all not even during that trash and black radio played him even more from 4 times a day to 6 to 8 times). Still MJ is the winner compare to how they pushed this trash and for a 60 year old entertainer who has been gone for 10 years still being played along this generation of new artists is still remarkable.

That's because he's the King and always will be. it may not look like it to some but the black community loves Michael Jackson he inspires us and other groups of people too. same goes for Prince too.

Last edited:
travis3000;4264054 said:
Sucks that you guys in the UK have seen this big of a drop. Not here in Canada, despite the copy and paste journalism of how his music was banned in Canada, that's pure crap. One company in the French speaking province of Quebec stopped playing him. But 80% of the country doesn't even live there. In the highest population province of Ontario (39% of Canada's population lives here) I hear Michael's music all the time! Since Leaving Neverland I still hear his music in stores, restaurants, radio, etc.

It seems from the comments that I am reading is that Michael’s legacy is still strong despite the efforts the MSM and lying scumbags. I don’t know any other star in history who has endured the conspiracy and contrived agendas and negativity that Michael has gone through over 40 years and survived, and that’s the bottomline.

Back